Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423231 times)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #1550 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 11:08:18 »
Met the female nymphomaniac friend and wannabe girlfriend. Yes, I friendzoned her. No, we didn't have sex. We went to the Pushkin museum to look at the splendid paintings by Picasso, Matisse, Van Gogh and numerous others. Then we had a tasty dinner in a Turkish cafe.

Rookie... ;) Just kidding.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1551 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 11:11:14 »
Met the female nymphomaniac friend and wannabe girlfriend. Yes, I friendzoned her. No, we didn't have sex. We went to the Pushkin museum to look at the splendid paintings by Picasso, Matisse, Van Gogh and numerous others. Then we had a tasty dinner in a Turkish cafe.

pushkin museum must've been baller

i love pushkin
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline iri

« Reply #1552 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 11:19:49 »
I don't know what baller means. Strangely, Pushkin museum has nothing to do with Pushkin himself, it is just two buildings holding a lot of art.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1553 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 11:30:44 »
baller is street slang for awesome
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1554 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 20:48:13 »
Headed to Seattle tomorrow. I've never been so it should be fun  :)

If you like beer, check out The Pine Box, Stumbling Monk, Hopvine, and Brouwer's Cafe.  And if you see a bottle of Iron Horse Brewing Quilter's Irish Death, don't even think twice, just buy it.

I would if I was of age--not quite there yet  :))

Whoa.  Would not have guessed this.   :))   I've always imagined you as a 30 year old, gun-totin' Montanan.  So I guess the 30 year old part is the only part I got wrong.

Sorry about the cell phone quality and the tardiness (I was sick most the week), but, as promised, pic of the new car:

Show Image

Awesome!  Congrats again man!  That's a sweet lookin car.  Looks like they made the newer models a bit shorter though, which is a pretty big bummer for the tall dudes like myself.  :(  Need dat headroom...

What did I do today?  Drove back home today after a weekend in the woods, and now I catch up on all the GH that I missed last week.  What a daunting task.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1555 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 21:01:08 »

If you like beer, check out The Pine Box, Stumbling Monk, Hopvine, and Brouwer's Cafe.  And if you see a bottle of Iron Horse Brewing Quilter's Irish Death, don't even think twice, just buy it.

Whoa.  Would not have guessed this.   :))   I've always imagined you as a 30 year old, gun-totin' Montanan.  So I guess the 30 year old part is the only part I got wrong.

Sorry about the cell phone quality and the tardiness (I was sick most the week), but, as promised, pic of the new car:

Show Image

Awesome!  Congrats again man!  That's a sweet lookin car.  Looks like they made the newer models a bit shorter though, which is a pretty big bummer for the tall dudes like myself.  :(  Need dat headroom...

What did I do today?  Drove back home today after a weekend in the woods, and now I catch up on all the GH that I missed last week.  What a daunting task.

Nice. I need a weekend in the woods.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1556 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 21:19:58 »

baller is street slang for awesome
or norwegian for balls or balls
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1557 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 01:15:20 »

Show Image

:thumb:  +1

My view as I napped yesterday.

And a couple not so pretty pictures of our decrepit stuff in the yard.   :))

My mustang!   :cool:   :p

(sorry for so many pictures, guys!)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1558 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 01:39:38 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Beautiful shots, bro... loving the pic of the seat with growth the most!!!! Good stuff.

Offline iri

« Reply #1559 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 03:50:06 »
TIL that Houston is a "****ing piece of ****ing ****" (by a colleague who is a first time visitor). hope my business trip there gets cancelled :))
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1560 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 05:17:37 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

NICE
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline bear95

« Reply #1561 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 10:42:03 »
Watched fight club for the first time.... can't believe I didn't watch something this so unbelievably great until now.

Offline osi

« Reply #1562 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 14:17:39 »
Checking out CentOS 7 VM style w/nginx

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1563 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 19:31:47 »
Figured out the three brand new bearings that my partner and I screwed up at work ($2500+ each) is probably the cheaper of the two major fixes.  Turns out both ends of all four shafts have to be remachined.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1564 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 20:17:16 »
Figured out the three brand new bearings that my partner and I screwed up at work ($2500+ each) is probably the cheaper of the two major fixes.  Turns out both ends of all four shafts have to be remachined.

Yikes!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1565 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 20:24:29 »
broke some slides

then fixed some slides

and i watched ti4

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1566 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 22:00:50 »
Finally managed to get this thing apart and fix it!  Soo happyyyy... (a couple more dismantled pics in the album)

Pioneer PL-220 by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr

^^  This is why I love vintage electronics.  Everything is simple, mechanical, and makes sense just by looking at it.  No magical transistors and other electronics bits.   :))   (ignore the fact that I used to study EE  :P  )

And then...

Washed Out by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1567 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 23:18:53 »
Did all the SMD work on my Sprit 75% PCB and updated my build log...

Offline deltuhhh

« Reply #1568 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 00:04:19 »
I watched Maleficent.... The movie was okay but at least I got out of the house lol

Offline Lingj

« Reply #1569 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 00:06:27 »
Started a computer repair job today. Pretty fun, a lot to learn.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #1570 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 00:10:22 »
Finally managed to get this thing apart and fix it!  Soo happyyyy... (a couple more dismantled pics in the album)

Show Image

^^  This is why I love vintage electronics.  Everything is simple, mechanical, and makes sense just by looking at it.  No magical transistors and other electronics bits.   :))   (ignore the fact that I used to study EE  :P  )

And then...

Show Image

Nice dude, and you're using a Shure cartridge, put a slip mat under that lp and lets hear a few chirp skratches :D

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #1571 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 22:52:06 »
Today I came to the conclusion that my F122 is too wide to use at job since I use the mouse too much and it starts to put too much stress on my back because I am not in a good position. So I decided to take the time to put a Soarer in one of my XT. And for this one I wanted to do it all internal. So I loaded the Soarer on my promicro, cut some female-female DuPont cable so that I could solder 1 end directly on my promicro. Soldered it, put it in the XT, tested it, all was working and I was super happy. So then I put some hot glue to fix it, closed it and tested it and BANG it was not working. So I open it up again and see that one cable has broken where it had been stripped and soldered.

So I came to the conclusion that I should not have done it this way ... sniff

Lesson learned. I ordered some female-male DuPont cable. Now time to wait ... grrrrr!
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1572 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 22:53:48 »

Show Image

And then...

Show Image

Nice dude, and you're using a Shure cartridge, put a slip mat under that lp and lets hear a few chirp skratches :D

Awww yeeeee...   :cool:      :D   Thanks man.  Love this thing.   :thumb:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1573 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 20:01:02 »
(Sorry to double post, but a new day warrants a new post)

I just broke a fork making scrambled eggs.

Offline deltuhhh

« Reply #1574 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 20:04:10 »

Wha? How?!?

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #1575 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 20:12:37 »

Wha? How?!?

Hoffman likes his eggs reeeeaaalllyyy ****in scrambled.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1576 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 20:20:20 »

Wha? How?!?

One of the eggs wasn't scrambling in with the other ones!  It's not my fault!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1577 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 20:36:58 »

Wha? How?!?

One of the eggs wasn't scrambling in with the other ones!  It's not my fault!

Metal fork?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1578 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 22:53:40 »
I finally managed to sell my car, and for dealer blue book even. I feel somehow satisfied not owning one. Now I can buy a baller ass bicycle.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1579 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 22:55:03 »
I finally managed to sell my car. I feel somehow satisfied not owning one. Now I can buy a baller ass bicycle.

Sweet!  But what if you want to buy something large from a store?   :confused:   Never did understand not having a car.  :P  Then again, I'm not from the city.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1580 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 22:56:30 »
Get something big? Well that's what dad's with big trucks are for amirite? But mostly I even have large things delivered to me... I'm the kind of person that buys sofas online.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1581 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 22:57:15 »
Get something big? Well that's what dad's with big trucks are for amirite?

I can't argue with this.  My dad has a big truck.  :))

But what if he's busy??

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1582 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 23:01:53 »
I don't know, get it later when they are not busy? I can't really think of any stores that don't let you do that. Even the thrift stores here allow you to pay and pick up later within a reasonable time frame.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1583 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 23:04:01 »
I don't know, get it later when they are not busy? I can't really think of any stores that don't let you do that. Even the thrift stores here allow you to pay and pick up later within a reasonable time frame.

I'm mostly just toying with you.  :P  I understand that you can make it work to not have a car.  I'm just so used to having one I'm not ready to give it up.  I do too much camping and other road trip type things that it's hard for me to imagine being confined to a city.   :p

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1584 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 23:20:48 »
I used to do so much driving when I was a field photographer. I think that really burned me out on roadtrips. They were always doing things like having me drive from like Chicago to Topeka (or equivalent distance from random small town to random small town) overnight and crap for back to back assignments. Mostly I wish US had a good rail system. I actually like trains and generally enjoy traveling that way in Europe. If it weren't for some of the people even bus is preferable to driving myself since I can just zone out and not have to worry about anything really.
Otherwise, I don't really dig being in the country much or doing naturey things.

Offline iri

« Reply #1585 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 01:13:36 »
*iri doesn't have a car
*iri has a baller ass bike
*iri is an active train user

-Ray Bradbury

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1586 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 01:17:35 »
*iri doesn't have a car

*iri doesn't know how to use the '/me' function   :p
*iri doesn't live in the middle of Iowa

* HoffmanMyster also does not live in the middle of Iowa, but Ivan does

Offline iri

« Reply #1587 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 01:27:26 »
*iri doesn't have a car

*iri disagrees with all of the above

-Ray Bradbury

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1588 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 01:29:25 »
*iri doesn't have a car

*iri disagrees with all of the above

*iri responded inside a quote...

Offline iri

« Reply #1589 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 01:31:12 »
YES

-Ray Bradbury

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1590 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 01:31:36 »
YES

* HoffmanMyster is okay with this

Offline iri

« Reply #1591 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 02:04:56 »
TIL that Des Moines is the wealthiest city in America. Sauce: http://m.today.com/money/des-moines-where-regular-folks-can-live-rich-life-2D11965288. Backed by exactly zero facts, but who cares?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #1592 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 10:54:59 »
why isn't this meme popular in the english-speaking internets?..

-Ray Bradbury

Offline osi

« Reply #1593 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 13:25:43 »
I need to replace (or suppliment) i3bar with some more infos.

Made a new conky config for this. Not done yet but I've hit a good stopping point. 1920x1080 just the snippet akshually

70518-0
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 July 2014, 21:11:14 by osi »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1594 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 13:46:42 »
Left class early cuz the teacher knew I had nothing to do.

Gave girl my number.
I love Elzy

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1595 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 14:10:27 »

Left class early cuz the teacher knew I had nothing to do.

Gave girl my number.
ooooooo sifo be livin a baller lyf on the edge
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1596 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 14:11:01 »
eryday son
I love Elzy

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1597 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 14:22:19 »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline iri

« Reply #1598 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 15:19:02 »
Gave girl my number.
i thought you were a girl.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1599 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 15:19:20 »
I love Elzy