Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423202 times)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #2450 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 11:00:59 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 September 2015, 13:12:11 by esoomenona »

Offline RED-404

Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #2451 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 11:07:11 »
(Yesterday) I went to a concert.  Robin Trower still rocks after all these years.

Show Image

image by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr

I see these ,, ---xxxxxxx--- still rocks after all  xxxx years ago , comments often

When ya'll make these comments...  what percentage of readers is expected to know who you've refered to, when you decided to refer to that person...

Whatever percentage of readers is capable of using google, I suppose.

There are also those of us that explore music, regardless of year or genres, no reason to live in such a small world.

BTW, you may not know Robin Trower, but you know his music. You literally can't escape it its in everything.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #2452 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 14:30:23 »
Mounted my Panavise the the base that Noko built up for me.

Teaser pic until I can get a proper pic taken.
79351-0
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2453 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 14:49:23 »
That's the same as saying you expect 100% of google-capable users to  look it up...

is that reasonable..  ?

This is incredibly difficult

If you don't care to spend ~ 2 seconds to look it up, just ignore it and be on your merry way.  You don't have to say something about everything you see, you know.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #2454 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 21:33:31 »
Non potato shot

79377-0

http://imgur.com/a/AW1sV#0

Edit:  Added link to Imgur album.
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 October 2014, 21:43:43 by Melvang »
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline notsonerd

• Here for the secrets
  • Light My Fire
« Reply #2455 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 02:16:00 »
I cancelled and re-ordered my laptop with the updated graphics card that Nvidia ****ed me over with the day before my laptop was supposed to ship. Gotta wait another three weeks before the next one ships out. Got free premium packaging, LCD calibration, and a Slappa laptop bag out of it, though.
KBParadise V60 with Cherry MX Browns | Corsair K60 with Cherry MX Reds

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2456 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 06:04:33 »
I spent a couple of hours helping my other half cutting and weeding the front garden and garden beds along the driveway.

Now my back is sore, my arms won't stop shaking, my legs are very tired, and I have full on hay fever.

I remember why I don't go outside much.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2457 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 07:00:34 »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline notsonerd

• Here for the secrets
  • Light My Fire
« Reply #2458 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 07:23:59 »
KBParadise V60 with Cherry MX Browns | Corsair K60 with Cherry MX Reds

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2459 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 23:57:14 »

weed
nice

Where weed - removing unwanted parasite plants from, not cultivating wanted recreational herbs.  Especially with a police guy living next door!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #2460 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 02:57:45 »
Soldered everything except for switches onto my ErgoDox. Damn those smd diodes tedious. Switches go on tomorrow and then I find out if I've made any mistakes.
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #2461 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 03:46:20 »
Soldered everything except for switches onto my ErgoDox. Damn those smd diodes tedious. Switches go on tomorrow and then I find out if I've made any mistakes.
Fingers crossed for you mate! I have a terrible track record with doing my own soldering, just gonna get someone else to do it for me when my next PCB arrives :/

Today was a productive one for me. I woke up early and made pancakes for breakfast, then I replaced the battery and rear glass on my Nexus 4. Got that finished early so I pushed on and finished up bugfixing an app  that my company is releasing soon. Now I'm eating leftover turkey and gravy in a Turkish roll :D
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 October 2014, 03:49:16 by bueller »
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Flamingchook

« Reply #2462 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 03:51:34 »
Fingers crossed for you mate! I have a terrible track record with doing my own soldering, just gonna get someone else to do it for me when my next PCB arrives :/

My JD40 turned out alright after I fixed a few dodgy joints but I'm still nervous. Glad I'm getting my [CTRL]ALT 60 built by margo though!
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93

Offline Flamingchook

« Reply #2463 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 22:20:03 »
Today I finished building my ErgoDox, which works perfectly. Then I took my dog to the vet and found out that he has diabetes, and they're keeping him there for 3 nights to stabilise him. :( Tomorrow is his 10th birthday.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2464 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 22:28:20 »
Today I finished building my ErgoDox, which works perfectly. Then I took my dog to the vet and found out that he has diabetes, and they're keeping him there for 3 nights to stabilise him. :( Tomorrow is his 10th birthday.

Congratulations on your Ergo Dox!

And hopefully you caught your dog's diabetes soon enough.  I know it's only Wikipedia, but it sounds like it is treatable with little if any impact on the dog's quality of life.  Here's hoping :)

Offline Flamingchook

« Reply #2465 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 22:31:37 »

Congratulations on your Ergo Dox!

And hopefully you caught your dog's diabetes soon enough.  I know it's only Wikipedia, but it sounds like it is treatable with little if any impact on the dog's quality of life.  Here's hoping :)

My Dad's a type 1 diabetic so I've been around it my whole life. He should be fine it's just unfortunate really.

Offline Rebral

• .::.::.::.::.
« Reply #2466 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 00:47:23 »
I slept all day and now I can't sleep.
Plus, I have class tomorrow so I'm going have a fun time. :V

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2467 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 00:56:56 »
Did the same thing. Slept for 15hrs, woke up at 7pm. Sat in bed for another hour and a half staring at the ceiling because I literally had no reasons to even get out of bed. Eventually I had to piss. Taking a piss has been the highlight of my day, and people wonder why I think about suicide so much. 3 more months...

Offline iri

« Reply #2468 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 01:43:43 »
Did the same thing. Slept for 15hrs, woke up at 7pm. Sat in bed for another hour and a half staring at the ceiling because I literally had no reasons to even get out of bed. Eventually I had to piss. Taking a piss has been the highlight of my day, and people wonder why I think about suicide so much. 3 more months...
sometimes i feel like you write such posts after half a glass of 120 years old single malt whiskey in your gorgeous kirkland mansion.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2469 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 02:16:38 »
sometimes i feel like you write such posts after half a glass of 120 years old single malt whiskey in your gorgeous kirkland mansion.

Sadly, I'm completely sober in my tiny studio apartment. I can almost touch my toilet and oven at the same time. :(

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2470 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 02:26:23 »

Sadly, I'm completely sober in my tiny studio apartment. I can almost touch my toilet and oven at the same time. :(

This is a rather dark joke, but you made me think of this:

Offline iri

« Reply #2471 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 03:05:35 »

everything is easily reachable! so convenient! so jealous. i can't even kill a mosquito on my 3.5m high ceiling.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2472 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 04:21:45 »

everything is easily reachable! so convenient! so jealous. i can't even kill a mosquito on my 3.5m high ceiling.

These old palaces, eh?  Look great, plenty of room, but terrible to try to keep clean!

Offline iri

« Reply #2473 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 04:31:06 »

These old palaces, eh?  Look great, plenty of room, but terrible to try to keep clean!
i feel like a sailor in the sea on my 2x2m sexodrome in the middle of the 40㎡ bedroom filled with empty bottles ^__^

-Ray Bradbury

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2474 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:20:21 »
looked at cars. do want
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2475 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:33:10 »
looked at cars. do want

looked at which ones. do tell

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2476 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:43:31 »
looked at cars. do want

looked at which ones. do tell
well, really want a supra, but realistically maybe a vw golf

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2477 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:47:26 »
vw golf

:thumb:

You have my approval.  I hope you go GTI or TDI.  Either one would be great, for wildly varying reasons.  :))

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2478 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 14:51:07 »
vw golf

:thumb:

You have my approval.  I hope you go GTI or TDI.  Either one would be great, for wildly varying reasons.  :))

:cool:

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #2479 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 15:32:47 »
Not today, but this weekend I went back home to visit my family and go to Comicon. Got so many MTG Cards. :p

Offline osi

« Reply #2480 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 06:52:20 »
Went to the beach for the first time this year last weekend. :x

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #2481 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 07:28:50 »
I totaled my car yesterday morning.

That telephone pole didn't stand a ****ing chance.

1 week, 3 days I drove that car... it was a nice car.

RIP 2008 Chevy Aveo
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #2482 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 07:46:35 »

RIP 2008 Chevy Aveo
You alright, CLiBbro?
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #2483 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 08:07:09 »
Went to meetings.... and thats about it :)

Offline runcom

• Topre lover
« Reply #2484 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 08:16:55 »
Work work and work

Don't be a dumbass, always be kind to people, here and afk

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #2485 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 08:38:29 »

RIP 2008 Chevy Aveo
You alright, CLiBbro?
At first, I was a nervous wreck (no pun intended). After several hours it all sank in and I accepted it for what it was.

Walked away without a scratch.

Can't say the same about the car... or the pole...
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline iri

« Reply #2486 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 08:41:57 »
that's good to hear!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2487 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 08:52:21 »
that's good to hear!

Indeed, that's a huge relief, CLiB.  Glad to hear you're alright.  No more poles, mmkay?

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #2488 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 09:05:39 »

RIP 2008 Chevy Aveo
You alright, CLiBbro?
At first, I was a nervous wreck (no pun intended). After several hours it all sank in and I accepted it for what it was.

Can't say the same about the car... or the pole...

Glad to hear you are okay!

Maybe your car was a stripper in it's past life and it wasn't quite ready to fully become a car yet. Just a hunch... :p

RIP Aveo
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #2489 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 09:18:32 »
What better a way to die: doing a pole dance.

And with no casualties. Would have been a horrible way to die if there were casualties...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2490 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 10:09:49 »

RIP 2008 Chevy Aveo

Man that sucks, but glad you are ok.

I didn't' wreck just had the jeep break down on me yesterday.  >:(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2491 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 21:50:42 »
that's good to hear!

Indeed, that's a huge relief, CLiB.  Glad to hear you're alright.  No more poles, mmkay?

What has he got against Poland?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2492 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 21:57:36 »
I'm starting to get settled into my new crib.

Organized the collection a little bit today...

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2493 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 22:01:37 »

Show Image

Do you just use the USPS game board boxes to store those?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2494 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 22:03:27 »

I don't know how to answer this... yes, the keyboards are obviously stored in the USPS boxes...

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2495 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 22:06:14 »

I don't know how to answer this... yes, the keyboards are obviously stored in the USPS boxes...
yeah nvm, dumb question. was wondering what size you used but yeah

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2496 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 22:07:19 »

It  could have been a temporary solution for moving purposes versus a permanent solution :D

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2497 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 22:09:10 »
Oh, yeah, it's the game board boxes.  They are really too big, especially since I prefer TKL boards, but they at least stack well.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2498 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 22:13:42 »
Oh, yeah, it's the game board boxes.  They are really too big, especially since I prefer TKL boards, but they at least stack well.

But they're free!!  :D

I should order some and do this same thing, I'm sick of all my boards being knocking around loose...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2499 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 22:43:32 »

Show Image

You're way too organised for me :p