Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423359 times)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #2950 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 18:47:41 »
you're not talking about OCD, you're talking about obsessive compulsive tendencies.

Basically, tendencies is making sure all your pencils are straight, and OCD is turning the light on and off for 20 minutes so that it turns of "right"

just a nitpick

Colloquial OCD vs. Medical OCD

something like that
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2951 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 18:57:49 »
doctor diagnosed vs. look how unique i am
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #2952 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 20:02:49 »

FYI, I identify as a snowflake.  Please use my correct pronouns.  Since snowflakes are unique, the pronouns change after each use and may not repeat.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2953 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 20:13:54 »

FYI, I identify as a snowflake.  Please use my correct pronouns.  Since snowflakes are unique, the pronouns change after each use and may not repeat.
you win this round tumblr!!!!

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2954 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 20:26:16 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2955 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 21:14:10 »

Show Image

Well some people help to shape the world and society, but chances are if you're wasting your time on Geekhack you are not one of those people.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #2956 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 22:41:13 »
Arrived back at my house for Thanksgiving. So excited to see all my friends.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2957 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 06:52:14 »
Today I paid off a credit card I maxed out in Las Vegas.... 6 years ago.

feelsgoodman.jpg

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2958 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 07:47:12 »

feelsgoodman.jpg

Damn, dude.  Congrats.  You must have had one heck of a night.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #2959 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 07:57:21 »

feelsgoodman.jpg

Post pics...of that night in Vegas!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline iri

« Reply #2960 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 08:10:53 »
you know how to party.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #2961 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 08:16:38 »
C'mon guys, use some thought! He maxed the card in Vegas, he could have only spent a dollar of it in Vegas!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2962 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 17:11:16 »
I ate this huge sausage.

10/10 would eat again.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2963 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 17:16:59 »
I ate this huge sausage.

Show Image

10/10 would eat again.

But NOT the same one? :eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2964 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 17:24:55 »
I ate this huge sausage.

Show Image

10/10 would eat again.

that looks good
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2965 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 17:25:45 »
I ate this huge sausage.

Show Image

10/10 would eat again.

-_-  LOL.  No, preferably not the same one.

I also ate pickled turkey gizzards today.  That was...unique...

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #2966 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 17:29:24 »
Work.
Completely emptied my bank account to pay off some debts. I am now officially poor. :(
Calculated the cost of my most expensive keyboard.
Shat.
Got ready for bed.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2967 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 19:55:46 »

Work.
Completely emptied my bank account to pay off some debts. I am now officially poor. :(
Calculated the cost of my most expensive keyboard.
Shat.
Got ready for bed.

Well done on the debt bro. Cuddle with your keyboard. It will keep you warm.
I'm back.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #2968 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 20:33:47 »
I ate this huge sausage.

Show Image

10/10 would eat again.

-_-  LOL.  No, preferably not the same one.

I also ate pickled turkey gizzards today.  That was...unique...

Smoked turkey gizzards are amazing.  That sausage looks like something from Zombie Burger.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2969 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 21:30:18 »
I ate this huge sausage.

I feel like this belongs in my sig...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2970 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 22:20:34 »
Today I resisted the urge to run screaming, but fully clothed, through the office.

I have no idea where that urge originated.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2971 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 23:04:21 »
I was the 2nd person to post on the 100th page of this thread

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2972 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 23:16:18 »
I was the first :p

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2973 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 01:55:32 »
Went and saw The Boxtrolls. Very enjoyable and original. I think anyone with a sense of wonder would like it, would recommend   :thumb:

And it was so cool to see who did the various voices, none of the characters sounded remotely like the actors playing them.

Offline iri

« Reply #2974 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 03:56:04 »
went to the dentist.
28 teeth remain.
i'm even closer to panda.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2975 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 03:59:52 »
went to the dentist.
28 teeth remain.
i'm even closer to panda.

That's not so bad, I've only got 26 teeth and that's after having 2 pulled. So 28 to start with  :p

Offline iri

« Reply #2976 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 04:06:27 »
"28 to start with" is a perfect condition for modern humans. i had 32, unfortunately.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2977 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 04:50:49 »

feelsgoodman.jpg

Damn, dude.  Congrats.  You must have had one heck of a night.

thanks. and i wish. i honestly have no idea where that money went. i dont gamble :(

you know how to party.

if by party you mean mismanage money, then yeah, i was one of the best.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #2978 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 05:40:18 »
I have 30. The bottom two wisdom teeth never showed up and are apparently tilted according to the dentist.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #2979 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 05:42:00 »
"28 to start with" is a perfect condition for modern humans. i had 32, unfortunately.

Were the ones pulled wisdom teeth / third molars?

Offline iri

« Reply #2980 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 06:12:33 »
three wisdom teeth and one 2nd molar. i have one wisdom tooth remaining and it's surprisingly straight.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
« Reply #2981 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 06:23:15 »
three wisdom teeth and one 2nd molar. i have one wisdom tooth remaining and it's surprisingly straight.

I see.  Were any impacted?

I had all four wisdom teeth pulled years back.  Two lower were impacted and beginning to cause me pain while the two upper ones while straight would eventually push my other teeth and put me back in braces.  I remember that I had to puree all my food since it hurt so much to open my mouth. :-X

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2982 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 06:34:47 »
Getting your teeth pulled is a good time to experiment with my diet of choice: all ice cream everything.

Offline iri

« Reply #2983 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 07:17:39 »

I see.  Were any impacted?

I had all four wisdom teeth pulled years back.  Two lower were impacted and beginning to cause me pain while the two upper ones while straight would eventually push my other teeth and put me back in braces.  I remember that I had to puree all my food since it hurt so much to open my mouth. :-X
wow, awful. no, none of mine were impacted, just skewed.

Getting your teeth pulled is a good time to experiment with my diet of choice: all ice cream everything.
i only had three today, but more lovely ones are awaiting me in the freezer.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #2984 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 09:18:14 »
Around 7 this morning I pulled a pair of turkeys out of my smoker that had been sitting in there since 1 yesterday afternoon.  Then I put the top rack back in my smoker (had to pull it out due to the turkeys being to large), then ran the cheese for a couple hours.  The extra sharp cheddar is getting an extra hour.  I also had some bruschetta cheddar, along with some chipotle, cheddar.  That smoked pepper jack I brought to Hoffmans meetup has nothing on any of these.  Sadly though they turkeys are not for me. 
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2985 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 09:26:24 »

Around 7 this morning I pulled a pair of turkeys out of my smoker that had been sitting in there since 1 yesterday afternoon.  Then I put the top rack back in my smoker (had to pull it out due to the turkeys being to large), then ran the cheese for a couple hours.  The extra sharp cheddar is getting an extra hour.  I also had some bruschetta cheddar, along with some chipotle, cheddar.  That smoked pepper jack I brought to Hoffmans meetup has nothing on any of these.  Sadly though they turkeys are not for me.

I think you forgot to send me my invite...

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #2986 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 09:39:53 »
Oh my god, looking up flights to Iowa right now...
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2987 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 10:10:00 »

Whoa, smoked cheeses! [feverishly googling more info now]

I'm back.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #2988 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 18:49:16 »

I have a meat and cheese smoking guide here in the off topic somewhere. 

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49067.msg1056830#msg1056830

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2989 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 19:06:35 »
I ate half a pie by myself

What can I say, it was a GREAT pie.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2990 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 19:29:23 »

I have a meat and cheese smoking guide here in the off topic somewhere. 

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49067.msg1056830#msg1056830

Awesome. Thank you!
I'm back.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #2991 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 19:47:38 »
Also, I survived the early black friday sales at Wal-Mart.  The only thing we were there for was Legos.  They had tubs with 1600 pieces for $30.  We got two of them.

Offline Alexiss

• Exquisite Lady of Bumfluff
« Reply #2992 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 20:00:45 »

So do we need to start posting when we are going to be smoking cheese or any meets?  LOL

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2993 on: Fri, 28 November 2014, 07:13:32 »

So do we need to start posting when we are going to be smoking cheese or any meets?  LOL

Yes. Yes you do. How else will I know I'm supposed to visit?  :))

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2994 on: Fri, 28 November 2014, 08:15:21 »
Yesterday, but ended up watching Frozen with family and relatives. Not really my kind of movie but still enjoyed it nonetheless
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2995 on: Sat, 29 November 2014, 05:17:35 »
Today I discovered that my VT220 died :(

Then I discovered that my Link terminal with the keyboard with MX blacks still works :)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2996 on: Sat, 29 November 2014, 05:34:34 »
About to take off for a 700+ mile road trip.

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
« Reply #2997 on: Sat, 29 November 2014, 06:52:31 »
About to take off for a 700+ mile road trip.

Godspeed Ray! :thumb:

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #2998 on: Sat, 29 November 2014, 08:09:39 »
Got up, had breakfast, mopped up some scrubs in Battlefield, and will be meeting the girlfriend soon for some drinks.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2999 on: Sat, 29 November 2014, 08:20:31 »

Yesterday, but ended up watching Frozen with family and relatives. Not really my kind of movie but still enjoyed it nonetheless

I'm a grown man and I love that movie! 

Yesterday drove NC to Hilton Head. Today driving Hilton Head to Orlando. Then football. Lots and lots of football.
I'm back.