Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423247 times)

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #3050 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 16:34:35 »
Packing, packing, and more packing.  I thought I was already pretty minimal with what I owned...GUESS NOT. >:D

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3051 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 16:36:04 »

Packing, packing, and more packing.  I thought I was already pretty minimal with what I owned...GUESS NOT. >:D

Dude, the best thing to do is let some of it go. You have my address.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #3052 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 16:39:34 »

Brb, mailing miscellaneous car and computer parts to Hoff.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3053 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 16:40:48 »

Brb, mailing miscellaneous car and computer parts to Hoff.

New idea. Sell car to me, I drive it and unneeded components home, solving all of your problems. Except for the one where you don't have a car anymore.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3054 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 16:43:08 »

And there's never quite enough boxes, right?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #3055 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 16:44:35 »
New idea. Sell car to me, I drive it and unneeded components home, solving all of your problems. Except for the one where you don't have a car anymore.

I like my car. :'( 

And there's never quite enough boxes, right?

I've already made two additional trips for packing supplies.  I should've just bought an extra dozen of everything. /facepalm

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3056 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 17:21:32 »
Got tickled by some needles

Show Image

that's some mighty fine needle work right there

Offline iri

« Reply #3057 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 03:07:24 »

Show Image

oh.
i rarely see an awesome tattoo.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline ezrahilyer

« Reply #3058 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 07:06:09 »
Just watched the Orion test launch. :-) so cool!

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #3059 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 14:57:16 »

Show Image

oh.
i rarely see an awesome tattoo.

I am very happy to have found such an awesome artist. I've had 5 sittings with him now. The only issue is (as he runs his own shop with no other employees) is that the time between each sitting is 4 or 5 months.  I'm over the moon with the work on my Egyptian themed sleeve so far, my arm was a little tender this morning in the workshop, but I've kept it clean and washed it several times and have never had issues with my ink from him. I'm super happy

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #3060 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 17:09:18 »
Show Image

On average you are alive. In reality, you would be dead. ;)

Worked as a callcenter employee today. At work we have some serious phone problems so they put up an emergency callcenter. Didn't work that well, the line keeps dropping.

Just did some digital cleaning in my IMGur albums and had fun looking up the Hapster keys backstory. :)
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #3061 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 17:22:29 »
the track shows that i have an extraordinary ability to cycle over a river.

Without the aid of a bridge?  Impressive.
not really impressive when the river is covered in ice (though that was not the case).

Show Image

So normal day eh?

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #3062 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 19:51:39 »
Had to climb across about 40 feet of steel to set a string line for one of the bridge cranes we are setting.
83400-0

We also set one of the trucks on the rails for the 50 ton bridge crane.  The truck is the yellow steel in the air.  We set that with a 12000 pound capacity fork truck.
83402-1

This is the crane we are going to be using to set the beams that connect the two trucks together.
83404-2

These are the two beams for the 50 ton.
83406-3
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #3063 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 00:28:57 »
Had to climb across about 40 feet of steel to set a string line for one of the bridge cranes we are setting.
(Attachment Link)
The climbing is fun but I do hope you had a safety harness on. You do not want to fall from such a height.

|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #3064 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 00:45:46 »
(Attachment Link)
The climbing is fun but I do hope you had a safety harness on. You do not want to fall from such a height.

Yeah I was tied off.  The beam clamp I was clipped onto was in front of me as I had some tools tied to it while I was getting there.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline ithinkimkorean

« Reply #3065 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 01:15:57 »

It was a bit too crooked for my liking and was bothering me all week.

I think it looks a bit better now. I'll try to straight more of them out when I find some leds to add in.

I think I maybe should have gotten pcb mount instead. I didn't know this pcb had the holes for it so I told gon to give me plate mounts. :x

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3066 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 02:11:03 »
I had a lengthy discussion with my roommate about whether Santa is a viable catalyst for discussion about racism.

There was a tad bit of alcohol involved.  ;)

Offline iri

« Reply #3067 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 04:14:52 »
On average you are alive. In reality, you would be dead. ;)
wat.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #3068 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 11:37:57 »
I had a lengthy discussion with my roommate about whether Santa is a viable catalyst for discussion about racism.
Well... if you look at its origins and the current debate in the Netherlands on Sinterklaas and his helpers 'Black Pete' the long list of reasons and incidents will be depressing enough.
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3069 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 11:59:38 »
My mother adopted another cat.

That makes 3.

Will update with pics when she comes home.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline dante

« Reply #3070 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 12:11:39 »
My ass is still burning from a stuffed pepper burrito I had last night.

So "What did you do today?"  Stay within 6ft of the bathroom.

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #3071 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 14:24:34 »
Had Comcast out to install my X1 DVR and secondary HD cable boxes. Also set up a new HDTV upstairs to go with the aforementioned cable box. Now I can watch hockey on the main TV while my wife watches her recorded shows in the bedroom. Got the new TV to work with Comcast's remote control, and also set up the new DVR box with our trusty Logitech Harmony.

I also had the tech confirm my upgrade from 50 to 105 Mbps Internet service, and that's working a treat. It took less than an hour to download The Evil Within, a game that checks in at about 40 GB.

After my son wakes up from his nap, we're going to head out grocery shopping.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #3072 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 14:58:43 »
Had leg surgery yesterday so today I'm spending all day inside rewatching season 1 of Rick and Morty!  :D
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #3073 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 15:07:30 »

There was a tad bit of alcohol involved.  ;)

Your roommate is Black Santa?  I'm so jelly.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3074 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 19:24:58 »
My mother adopted another cat.

That makes 3.

Will update with pics when she comes home.

It turns out she decided against a 3rd cat.

Am not complaining.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #3075 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 20:06:17 »
Changed the thermostat in my car.  It now holds a steady 190-196 instead of maybe getting to 155.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3076 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 20:20:40 »
Took the SAT, way easier than I expected, gonna be pissed if I got below like a 2100. And now, all I want to do is relax and watch some TV, but crunchyroll decided that now would be the best time for maintenance >:D
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 December 2014, 20:24:11 by hwood34 »
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3077 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 20:24:18 »
Had leg surgery yesterday so today I'm spending all day inside rewatching season 1 of Rick and Morty!  :D

Hope you're recovering well :)

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #3078 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 20:24:28 »
Took the SAT, way easier than I expected, gonna be pissed if I got below like a 2150.

I took it as well. Math was easy, but my essay prompt was horrid. Also, the writing sections gave me some troubles.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3079 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 20:26:52 »
Took the SAT, way easier than I expected, gonna be pissed if I got below like a 2150.

I took it as well. Math was easy, but my essay prompt was horrid. Also, the writing sections gave me some troubles.
Yeah, usually I breeze through all the writing sections, but the last one had a few that took a good bit of time. Also, there was a damn 8th grader taking it. Like, what are you even doing here?

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #3080 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 20:30:34 »

Yeah, usually I breeze through all the writing sections, but the last one had a few that took a good bit of time. Also, there was a damn 8th grader taking it. Like, what are you even doing here?
There was an 8th grader next to me too. Duke University has a program that allows them to take it.

Seems a bit asinine to me, as nothing comes from them taking the test. I know I wasn't thinking about college in 8th grade.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3081 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 20:38:01 »
There was an 8th grader next to me too. Duke University has a program that allows them to take it.

Seems a bit asinine to me, as nothing comes from them taking the test. I know I wasn't thinking about college in 8th grade.

The SAT has never been a good indicator of college success.  There were several people in my freshman year with 2300s who definitely didn't show it.  The math section, in particular, of the SAT is an absolute joke.

billnye29 has evolved into billnye420?  :eek:

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3082 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 20:39:18 »

All the parents are doing is spending money for what is more than likely to be a sub par score that won't help much with colleges. It won't help with superscoring considering you'll improve in every section from middle to high school. Now just to wait for my PSAT scores back. Unfortunately VA has some of the highest merit scholarship scores in the nation, so just kinda hoping for a 200+

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3083 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 20:42:04 »

I took the ACT in middle school.   :-[

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #3084 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 20:45:30 »

The SAT has never been a good indicator of college success.  There were several people in my freshman year with 2300s who definitely didn't show it.  The math section, in particular, of the SAT is an absolute joke.

billnye29 has evolved into billnye420?  :eek:

Might be the work of a corrupt moderator around here *cough cough hoff*

All the parents are doing is spending money for what is more than likely to be a sub par score that won't help much with colleges. It won't help with superscoring considering you'll improve in every section from middle to high school. Now just to wait for my PSAT scores back. Unfortunately VA has some of the highest merit scholarship scores in the nation, so just kinda hoping for a 200+

One of my buddies got a merit scholarship this year and I'm hoping to get one too. I never realized how expensive colleges were until I started looking into them this year.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3085 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 20:47:27 »

The math section, in particular, of the SAT is an absolute joke.
The only things that most people miss in the math section is stuff like really specific geometry questions because people took it sometimes 3-4 years ago and haven't used it since. Sure I could tell you about instantaneous rate of change, but I sure as hell don't remember how to find arc length

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3086 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 20:49:21 »

One of my buddies got a merit scholarship this year and I'm hoping to get one too. I never realized how expensive colleges were until I started looking into them this year.
Well, the actual money you get from the scholarship is barely anything, but it sure looks nice on applications. And I guess depending one where you're looking, some schools will throw some money your way.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3087 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 21:10:56 »
I made spinach pasta! My dad, brother, and I made about 2 pounds worth of spinach pasta.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3088 on: Sun, 07 December 2014, 01:40:03 »
I made spinach pasta! My dad, brother, and I made about 2 pounds worth of spinach pasta.

Show Image

It's always so yummy when it's fresh... mmmm now I want some pesto.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3089 on: Sun, 07 December 2014, 09:46:31 »
It was really good, we had it with some home made spaghetti sauce and meatballs my dad made that we also use for ravioli during Easter.

Offline Mandolin

• Crystal Connoisseur
  • * Maker
« Reply #3090 on: Sun, 07 December 2014, 16:53:08 »
Not much
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 December 2014, 16:59:58 by Mandolin »
Artisan keycap Maker
Working on
More
- Custom keycaps
- Artkeycaps V2 sale
- Due chihuahua and demoncat orders
- Boobiecaps
- Optic fiber embedded keycaps
- Others

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #3091 on: Sun, 07 December 2014, 20:12:09 »
Bought ingredients for homemade avocado egg salad and mean green smoothie. Hope to have a pretty healthy week.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline iri

« Reply #3092 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 03:12:15 »
i read this after having eaten a bunch of dumplings with tabasco.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #3093 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 15:55:33 »
Still unpacking...

Offline iri

« Reply #3094 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 13:06:32 »
TIL that "piece of ****" is better than "*****" because it's gender neutral.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3095 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 13:37:59 »
Power went out for almost 11hrs today/last night. from about 9:30PM to 8:30AM. **** ****ing sucked, I was right in the middle of transferring files and everything on my 360 internal HD and external (non 360) HD is corrupted including some of the first games/assets/code I ever made in Actionscript :(

How the **** does the power stay out for nearly half a day in the year 2014? What the hell.

The cat loved it though, and I found out my phone battery is amazing. It was at around 67% charge when the power went out, I played games on it for about 5hrs plus internetted via 4G and still had a charge when I woke up at 9.  :thumb:

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #3096 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 13:40:07 »

tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3097 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 13:43:33 »

Show Image

Offline iri

« Reply #3098 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 15:19:42 »

Show Image

Show Image

"does HE look like a *****"! behold, social justice warriors, "*****" confirmed gender neutral!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3099 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 15:24:25 »
Working until 6pm and then wasting my time on video games :)

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S