Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423153 times)

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #3900 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 09:36:31 »
installed 8.1 cause my 7 decided to die on me today. and I've no 7, only 8.1

oh well. darn windows.
It's not that bad, honestly. I have it on all my Windows boxes and vastly prefer it to Windows 7... or anything before.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #3901 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 09:52:01 »

oh well. darn windows.
It's not that bad, honestly. I have it on all my Windows boxes and vastly prefer it to Windows 7... or anything before.

+1 if you take the time and have the mental energy to learn it well, I think you will like it. Also I've found it runs a bit faster than 7 on the same hardware.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #3902 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 10:13:41 »

oh well. darn windows.

it's not too bad. not saying that it's a real bad thing to use 8.1 over 7. in fact, I'm able to flash my board in 8.1! Weird that I can't do it in 7.   

oh well. darn windows.

+1 if you take the time and have the mental energy to learn it well, I think you will like it. Also I've found it runs a bit faster than 7 on the same hardware.

it's alright. been using it in my office for like a year now. and yes it does boot faster with the same hardware. windows aero (in my own desktop) I'll miss you.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #3903 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 11:16:56 »
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3904 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 11:19:11 »
Show Image

With it installed in your desk, it makes much more sense now. Nice job :). Do you plan on making a top or making a routing channel for the cable?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3905 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 11:30:25 »
Prepped myself for winter carnival at school! Here's to four days I won't remember.  ;)

:D  My coworker (former boss) is going up there tonight for winter carnival.  Sounds like a fun time.   :cool:

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3906 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 13:33:50 »
Found out a tech guy at my school also has an interest in keyboards through my programming teacher, so that's cool.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #3907 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 13:39:08 »
Prepped myself for winter carnival at school! Here's to four days I won't remember.  ;)

:D  My coworker (former boss) is going up there tonight for winter carnival.  Sounds like a fun time.   :cool:

I was shocked at the weird mix of trashed college students, parents, and children. I guess it must be fun for the kids but I would never take a child there. Tonight should be another fun night, there are better parties going on.  :thumb:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #3908 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 13:39:19 »
Dealing with ancient computers...

I am sick of trying to support Pentium 4's...

Why we are still using them here at my company, I have no idea... they should have been phased out a LONG time ago...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3909 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 13:46:58 »

Why we are still using them here at my company, I have no idea... they should have been phased out a LONG time ago...

wat

that's old

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #3910 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 13:53:48 »

wat

that's old

And a small percentage of our fleet is still running P4s...

Ideally, that percentage should be zero...

Hopefully we will be switching over to a completely virtualized environment in the not-so-distant future... the server hardware is already in place for it...
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #3911 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 13:57:40 »

wat

that's old

Fun fact, I was installing / updating Windows XP on a P4 HT yesterday. Thankfully the PSU failed and since it was a SFF machine, the PSU replacement was worth more than the machine.

Offline evolveS

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #3912 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 13:59:46 »
And a small percentage of our fleet is still running P4s...

Ideally, that percentage should be zero...

Hopefully we will be switching over to a completely virtualized environment in the not-so-distant future... the server hardware is already in place for it...

Thin-client environments give me nightmares to this day...
P2V of servers is awesome though. Hopefully it works out for you and the P4s go away.
"money comes and goes, but doubleshots are forever"
-a petty thief

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #3913 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 14:06:09 »

wat

that's old

Fun fact, I was installing / updating Windows XP on a P4 HT yesterday. Thankfully the PSU failed and since it was a SFF machine, the PSU replacement was worth more than the machine.

Another fun fact: I've been re-purposing many of our old P4s into "thin clients" (though there's nothing "thin" about them) for the past week or so...

Lubuntu 14.10, and Remmina. They will do for running a +/- 50kbps Remote Desktop session... and save us the money of having to purchase more "legit" thin clients...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3914 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 14:59:03 »
i looked at GH

i've been burnt out on keyboards lately

although i wish my CC would get shipped, i'm excited for that at least
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3915 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 15:34:33 »
i looked at GH

Hang out in Off Topic for a while - not much keyboard chatter there :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #3916 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 16:24:39 »
i looked at GH

Hang out in Off Topic for a while - not much keyboard chatter there :)

Off Topic is actually the best.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3917 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 17:11:20 »
I added someone to my ignore list for the first time ever today.  :|

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #3918 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 17:12:43 »
Yeah bill tends to be annoying lately.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #3919 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 17:20:13 »

Never thought I'd see the day.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3920 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 17:41:44 »
Billnye?

Today I went to a Portuguese wine visit/tasting with the girlfriend. Damn they were exquisite! We bought one of their best year bottle, 2011. $60 the bottle but it is worth every pennies however once it is opened you have to drink it in the next 2 days.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline Lpwl

• lpwl.bigcartel.com
    • My O-ring Store
« Reply #3921 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 18:32:01 »
I just baked my own honey bread !

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3922 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 18:33:39 »
Billnye?

Heh.  It's not billnye.  :P

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #3923 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 18:35:02 »
Got my C6 IEMs in from massdrop. These things are pretty wow. Also aced a test, and found out the cassette player in my car works via the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack I got on cassette!
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3924 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 18:49:09 »

Show Image

I can only imagine how that must smell, and am getting hungry just thinking about it!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #3925 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 18:50:58 »
Got my C6 IEMs in from massdrop. These things are pretty wow. Also aced a test, and found out the cassette player in my car works via the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack I got on cassette!

Best soundtrack since Tron Legacy.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #3926 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 19:00:10 »
Been sanding window sills, by hand. If I get an electric one am I doomed to get on from lowes or home depot for $100+ for a good one?

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #3927 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 19:01:01 »

Best soundtrack since Tron Legacy.

Couldn't agree more. I got it while it was free on google play and I think it's only been out of my workout playlist 1 day since.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Lpwl

• lpwl.bigcartel.com
    • My O-ring Store
« Reply #3928 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 19:06:06 »

Show Image

I can only imagine how that must smell, and am getting hungry just thinking about it!

To be honest I just couldn't resist either... 1/3 of it has already disappeared !

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #3929 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 19:12:26 »
I HAD A SERIES OF ON-SITE INTERVIEWS THAT ENDED UP LASTING 5 HOURS. I'M VERY IFFY WITH ONE OF THE INTERVIEWS BC I DIDN'T KNOW A LOT OF STUFF THEY ASKED ME, BUT THE REST WENT SWELL. I'M REALLY CONFLICTED BC I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL SO I'M LISTENING TO I NEED A GIRL pt. 1 FEATURING USHER AND LOON - Diddy/P Diddy/Puff Daddy.

I hope their decision making for new hires is democratic. PLEASE BABBY JESUS RICKY BOBBY
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3930 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 19:35:50 »
I HAD A SERIES OF ON-SITE INTERVIEWS THAT ENDED UP LASTING 5 HOURS. I'M VERY IFFY WITH ONE OF THE INTERVIEWS BC I DIDN'T KNOW A LOT OF STUFF THEY ASKED ME, BUT THE REST WENT SWELL. I'M REALLY CONFLICTED BC I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL SO I'M LISTENING TO I NEED A GIRL pt. 1 FEATURING USHER AND LOON - Diddy/P Diddy/Puff Daddy.

I hope their decision making for new hires is democratic. PLEASE BABBY JESUS RICKY BOBBY

I AM PRAYING TO GIRLSHARK WIZBRO FOR YOU, DUDE.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #3931 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 20:53:24 »

now im genuinely concerned
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #3932 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 20:54:54 »

I believe.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3933 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 21:13:54 »
haha, i need a girl part 1

were you even born when that came out?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #3934 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 21:22:51 »

I AM PRAYING TO GIRLSHARK WIZBRO FOR YOU, DUDE.

I believe.

ty bbs

haha, i need a girl part 1

were you even born when that came out?

fite me grandpacito
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline danwomansan

• Also known by my real name, ********!
« Reply #3935 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 01:11:40 »
worked on a song all day

sounds really 90s-XM-y so far

and yet I only have a minute and a half
it's pronounced "danw omansen", not "dan woman san"

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #3936 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 01:20:42 »
worked on a song all day

It's a nice groove. You made anything else?

Offline danwomansan

• Also known by my real name, ********!
« Reply #3937 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 01:47:14 »
worked on a song all day

It's a nice groove. You made anything else?

well, there's what I actually felt like putting on soundcloud and a lot more but the rest is a ton of scattered links and a bunch of files I never shared
it's pronounced "danw omansen", not "dan woman san"

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #3938 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 02:17:42 »

I'm honored.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3939 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 03:07:38 »
Billnye?

Heh.  It's not billnye. 
Haha my bad then. It is just that I thought Azhdar was referring to someone called bill. The first I thought of was billnye.

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #3940 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 12:06:31 »
Just found out that I don't have internet at my house until Monday at the earliest. This after Rogers has missed four appointments.  >:D

**** you, Rogers! You're somehow slightly worse than Comcast!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3941 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 12:19:39 »

I'm honored.

And you're wrong.  ;)

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3942 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 14:24:13 »
Finished my $60 wine bottle and bought the Hack'd By Geeks set. Am I doing good at living the life as a GeekHacker?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3943 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 14:28:08 »
Finished my $60 wine bottle and bought the Hack'd By Geeks set. Am I doing good at living the life as a GeekHacker?

:thumb:

Sounds about right.  :)

:))

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3944 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 14:28:13 »

Nope.  Should be beer.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3945 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 14:32:19 »

Nope.  Should be beer.

:(  Don't hate on wine.  Nothing wrong with a little classy drunkenness.  :P

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3946 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 14:37:20 »

Nope.  Should be beer.

As long as it's not a Merlot, Pinot Grigio, or other equally bad wine, it's okay I guess.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3947 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 14:44:02 »

Nope.  Should be beer.

Nope.  Should be beer.

:(  Don't hate on wine.  Nothing wrong with a little classy drunkenness. 
It is a Portuguese type of wine called Porto. It has 20° alcohol and I bought it to a small producer in the countryside when I visited his operation. If you are curious it is: Quinta do tedo, vintage 2011. It is delicious and they ship worldwide .

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3948 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 14:44:07 »

Nope.  Should be beer.

As long as it's not a Merlot, Pinot Grigio, or other equally bad wine, it's okay I guess.

I only drink Moscato, so I'm not actually a "wine person".  :P  But I'm not a hater.   :-*

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3949 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 14:45:53 »

Nope.  Should be beer.

:(  Don't hate on wine.  Nothing wrong with a little classy drunkenness. 

I only drink Moscato, so I'm not actually a "wine person".    But I'm not a hater.   :-*
Neither do I but I drink more beer than wine. I'm open to both. I did try some good beers back when I was in LA.