Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423231 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #5000 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 22:35:59 »
Today (during the first weekend of the calendar month) I did my filing.

My filing is now up to date for the second month in a row.

This is almost unprecedented!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5001 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 23:11:59 »
Paint my chicony , couldn't stand the yellowing and no access to retroblight

and worked on my herbs garden :D
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #5002 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 20:01:42 »
made mapo tofu for the first time today. went pretty well :thumb:
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #5003 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 20:12:20 »

made mapo tofu for the first time today. went pretty well :thumb:

Dat **** is boss

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #5004 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 20:13:03 »
Went biking, planned to go 30 but ended up going 40 because we were tricked in how long the trail was by our friend, and went to a baby shower

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #5005 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 02:25:02 »
Came up with an idea, drew it up in SolidWorks, and started an IC for it.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=72635.0
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #5006 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 16:15:12 »
Desoldered 312 switches, and soldered 4 or 5 in preparation for my upcoming build. 100 clears from my modified Dolch PAC PCB, 211 vintage blacks, 107 for radio_killah, 30 for hwood, and the rest for me, and 1 new black from the same dolch PCB.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #5007 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 16:29:58 »
Sat at home all day waiting for the mailman to bring my realforce...never came, and the only update I have is that it left the connecting post office and is within 20 minutes of my apartment somewhere...awesome.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline iri

« Reply #5008 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 17:22:01 »
Generally, the best way to celebrate your 30th birthday is working for 11 hours.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5009 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 20:31:03 »
Generally, the best way to celebrate your 30th birthday is working for 11 hours.
Happy birthday iri. :D

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5010 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 21:45:43 »

Happy birthday iri!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5011 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 21:59:11 »

man, during school years i had the best birthdays, since they usually fell a few days after school was out.

then i started working, and for whatever reason i always have to work 12 hrs or nights on my bday now. i don't mind, because im making money and i hate celebrating bdays but **** did that do a 180.

also, hbd.

anyway, not today but yesterday, got to play with these two little dudes.

the black one tried to bite my toe, that bastard.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline iri

« Reply #5012 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 04:47:34 »
thank you guys

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #5013 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 13:02:37 »
Happy birthday, партии трудно!
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 June 2015, 13:09:09 by TheSoulhunter »

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #5014 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 13:48:24 »
happy birthday u butt
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5015 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 14:23:37 »
Happy Birthday dude, hope you enjoyed yourself :)
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #5016 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 19:18:50 »
Got both my Dolch and 3700 hooked up, so I was able to program my numpad. 3 of the macros make up

~PwnNarwhal
This was typed on Cherry G80-3700 HQAUS

and the other one makes up
Thanks, Seth lastname

Offline osi

« Reply #5017 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 06:30:07 »
In February of this year, I interviewed and was offered a position at a new company. Ultimately I declined the offer and stayed with my current employer.

The company which I declined the employment has since contacted me again for the position I applied for in February. Went through the interview process once more and was re-offered the position!

Time to put in the two-weeks notice!!

Offline iri

« Reply #5018 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 07:01:29 »
In February of this year, I interviewed and was offered a position at a new company. Ultimately I declined the offer and stayed with my current employer.

The company which I declined the employment has since contacted me again for the position I applied for in February. Went through the interview process once more and was re-offered the position!

Same here, just s/February/November and I haven't gone through the interviews, they start on Monday.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline osi

« Reply #5019 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 07:09:56 »

Same here, just s/February/November and I haven't gone through the interviews, they start on Monday.

Best of luck sir -- especially in the wage area!

Offline iri

« Reply #5020 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 07:42:24 »

Thanks mate. The another company is in Sweden though, and I'm now not that sure that I want to move there...

-Ray Bradbury

Offline osi

« Reply #5021 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 07:54:42 »

Thanks mate. The another company is in Sweden though, and I'm now not that sure that I want to move there...

Have them agree to you working 100% remote :D

Offline iri

« Reply #5022 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 07:43:07 »
With some adventure, I finally borded a plane to Russia.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5023 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 07:54:56 »

Ooooh, exciting stuff. How come you're going back?

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #5024 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 09:38:49 »
Had a migraine, and a part of my new therapy is doing something peaceful that I enjoy.

So I'm setting up my new speakers:  5x NHT Superzeros, Acoustic Research subwoofer, Yamaha receiver. Bought it all on Craigslist for $200.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline iri

« Reply #5025 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 04:12:29 »

Occupation? No, just visiting!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline osi

« Reply #5026 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 06:18:14 »

I imagine it would only be occupation if you were to visit Ukraine.     ;) ;)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5027 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 06:20:19 »

An oldie but a goodie ... https://www.reddit.com/r/Jokes/comments/2vofep/putin_at_the_airport/
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline iri

« Reply #5028 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 05:23:35 »
O Russia, the blessed land! Muh bus stops with cell phone chargers and free Wi-Fi! Muh 24/7 shops everywhere! Muh electrical trains!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5029 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 06:27:46 »
O Russia, the blessed land! Muh bus stops with cell phone chargers and free Wi-Fi! Muh 24/7 shops everywhere! Muh electrical trains!

O Australia, the lucky country with Telstra free public WiFi in many public telephones, 7-11 everywhere (although they are all 24 hours now, the name is from when they were open from 7am to 11pm or something), and electric trains.

Sorry, no free public cell phone chargers though, that I am aware of.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5030 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 06:30:27 »
Going to Holiday World today. :D

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5031 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 07:13:12 »

Last time I was there was '93. Sounds like it's a bit different now lol!
I'm back.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5032 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 13:40:59 »
Read some comparisons for GPU. I don't really know what to take to upgrade my GTX 460 SO. It is a bit old now. Hesitating between GTX 970, GTX 960 or R290.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #5033 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 13:47:42 »
Actually have time to sit and browse GH today. No wyfe, no Destiny around. **** this place is dead on Saturday morning and afternoon.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #5034 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 15:03:56 »
Actually have time to sit and browse GH today. No wyfe, no Destiny around. **** this place is dead on Saturday morning and afternoon.
It is, Friday night is when it is happening

Offline iri

« Reply #5035 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 15:05:51 »

Last time I was there was '93. Sounds like it's a bit different now lol!
I am glad that my father hasn't been killed in 1993 so I brought him a gift yesterday.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #5036 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 20:51:40 »
killed a spider on my own
im adult now
mortgage
taxes
the economy
****, more spiders
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #5037 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 22:25:36 »
Went to a laser light show.  The name of the band is Sushi Roll

103395-0
103397-1
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 June 2015, 22:38:59 by Melvang »
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5038 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 22:44:01 »

Went to a laser light show.  The name of the band is Sushi Roll

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Friggin lasers on their heads
I'm back.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5039 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 16:07:08 »

Waaaaaaaw. Just a shame about the propaganda and the assassinations.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #5040 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 16:53:08 »

Waaaaaaaw. Just a shame about the propaganda and the assassinations.
I want to go to Russia while we are in Europe, but it Eurail passes don't cover it

Offline iri

« Reply #5041 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 18:00:37 »
Our train tickets are a little more expensive than dirt.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #5042 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 19:44:07 »
Dont really know much about vintage boards (or alps boards at all for that matter) but I scooped this guy up from work today. They were going to throw it on the recycle pile but they knew I was a keyboard nut and thought it would be funny to hide my RF87UB and put this in its place. The joke kind of died when I was actually excited to see an AT101W  :))

Anyone know relative valuation range for something like this? I checked ebay about saw about $30?

The keys have some shine and are slightly yellow on the top, however the case is in great condition. No cracks, no missing screws, all keys/leds work. Cable and plug are both super clean. All I really had to do was take the keys off and blow out some dust with my air compressor.

« Last Edit: Mon, 15 June 2015, 19:45:43 by strict »

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline iri

« Reply #5043 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 05:58:31 »
why can't they play the same joke on me?  :(

-Ray Bradbury

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5044 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 15:02:21 »
I woke up at 3am to take my brother off to the airport. He's working in an American summer camp for pretty much 2 months (Wekeela in Maine if any of you guys know it or w-e). Went back to bed at 4.

Let the plumbers into the house at 8, they did pretty much nothing, so I went back to bed at 9.

Woke up again at 11 to get my delivery of clear switch tops from the postie. Went back to sleep for about an hour.

Woke up, played some Skyrim, ate a pretty steady supply of biscuits, no real food or drink, watched a few episodes of the West Wing, played some Star Wars Republic Commando, and I've just ordered pizza. And only just had a shower.

I should have gone to the gym...

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #5045 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 15:08:26 »
Watched a few videos about AMD's new graphic cards, played some GTA Online and BF4. That is all, I am very productive when I have a day off :)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #5046 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 17:36:30 »
yesterday but went to my first concert in a while, Dillinger Escape Plan + Mutoid Man and Primitive Weapons
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #5047 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 01:09:00 »
Finally decided on where to put my [CTRL]ALT sticker from a while ago.  I didn't want to put it on my work tool boxes as those things get destroyed, so it with on my tool box in my little work area in the garage.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #5048 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 06:46:33 »
Had my first beer today in Belgium, Moeder Lambic VI Wheat

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.