Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1423151 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #5500 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 06:10:58 »
passed the driving theory test.

Congrats!

Much different in the UK to the motherland?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline iri

« Reply #5501 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 06:21:58 »

Congrats!

Thanks.

Russia: 20 single choice questions, 18 correct answers required.

UK: 50 multiple choice questions, 43 correct answers required. Then "hazard perception test", 14 videos of driving in which it's necessary to click on mouse when a hazard is emerging (like some ****er cutting in front).
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #5502 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 06:56:18 »

Congrats!

Thanks.

UK: 50 multiple choice questions, 43 correct answers required. Then "hazard perception test", 14 videos of driving in which it's necessary to click on mouse when a hazard is emerging (like some ****er cutting in front).

Man the UK seems easy - in New South Wales (state in Australia) you can only get 1 incorrect answer before failing (out of 20 multiple choice questions)

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5503 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 07:12:14 »

Congrats!

Thanks.

Congrats!

Thanks.

Man the UK seems easy - in New South Wales (state in Australia) you can only get 1 incorrect answer before failing (out of 20 multiple choice questions)

US: I think I remember my driving test being 16/20 questions to pass. Then a drive around totaling in the area of ~1mile/1.6km then return to the testing area to parallel park in a coned area almost twice the length of the vehicle I was driving. I was ready for some crazy **** I'd seen in movies. I think the entire process took around an hour.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #5504 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 07:16:00 »
Australia has a really complicated drivers license process - you have to be 16 to take a written test to get learner plates which allow you to drive under adult supervision - then after a year you're allowed to take an actual driving test which gets you on to a red provisional license... After a year of that you take another test to go to green provisional license.... Then after two years of that you get your "full drivers license" which allows you to actually have one or two beers and still drive...

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #5505 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 07:19:42 »

Congrats!

The UK is the real motherland

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5506 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 07:29:17 »
Australia has a really complicated drivers license process - you have to be 16 to take a written test to get learner plates which allow you to drive under adult supervision - then after a year you're allowed to take an actual driving test which gets you on to a red provisional license... After a year of that you take another test to go to green provisional license.... Then after two years of that you get your "full drivers license" which allows you to actually have one or two beers and still drive...

Damn! When I took my test it was at 16 and boom, full fledged drivers license. Also, in my state, Arizona, they don't expire for like 60 years. I think now at 16 its the supervised learner permit during daytime only, then 17 its day and night supervised, then 18 you get the full solo license. (Just double checked, it's valid until age 65) My dad hasn't changed his license since 1981, when they moved into the house they're still at. He has this old laminated license and he refuses to do anything about it until it expires, haha.

Also... Congrats, iri!
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #5507 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 07:34:23 »
Damn that expiration time is awesome

Offline iri

« Reply #5508 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 08:32:15 »
In Russia I got all 20 questions correct in like 3 minutes. It was really easy -- our traffic inspection site has all the questions, organized very conveniently, with immediate feedback and explanations. I just mirrored it and used my laptop to prepare when in public transport.

US: I think I remember my driving test being 16/20 questions to pass. Then a drive around totaling in the area of ~1mile/1.6km then return to the testing area to parallel park in a coned area almost twice the length of the vehicle I was driving. I was ready for some crazy **** I'd seen in movies. I think the entire process took around an hour.
Oh dear, how can you even fail that?

Also, in my state, Arizona, they don't expire for like 60 years.
Oh ****e! Do nearly nothing to pass and then drive until you die!

Also... Congrats, iri!
Thanks.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #5509 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 08:40:36 »
In Russia I got all 20 questions correct in like 3 minutes. It was really easy -- our traffic inspection site has all the questions, organized very conveniently, with immediate feedback and explanations. I just mirrored it and used my laptop to prepare when in public transport.

Are they all about how to use a dashcam?  :))

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #5510 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 08:43:49 »
There in France they never expire, which is very very dumb.
So many seniors doing U-turns on the highway.

rip...
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #5511 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 09:15:42 »

rip...
Random highway U turns...

Sure you don't live in Los Santos?

On topic: Licenses should expire every decade or something. If my mom had to take a test again I'm sure she'd fail. I hate when she drives and often offer to just drive instead.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #5512 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 09:26:45 »
Went to the doctor. Might have strep throat, but I have to wait for lab results Friday before i start treatment, and until then I'm stuck wil a horribly sore throat.
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline iri

« Reply #5513 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 10:41:57 »
Highways. You are doing it wrong.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #5514 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 10:45:07 »

rip...

On topic: Licenses should expire every decade or something. If my mom had to take a test again I'm sure she'd fail. I hate when she drives and often offer to just drive instead.

Totally agree, it should expire even if I'd hate to repass it.

For exemple in France they added roundabouts everywhere in the last 20years, my parents and people older didn't learned to drive with them, so they slow down the traffic by not using them correctly, it infuriates me.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #5515 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 10:52:05 »

rip...

For exemple in France they added roundabouts everywhere in the last 20years, my parents and people older didn't learned to drive with them, so they slow down the traffic by not using them correctly, it infuriates me.
As an American I don't fully understand roundabouts in practice. Especially multi lane ones. I get how they work but they slow me down because I only use them maybe 1-4 times a year.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #5516 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 10:56:58 »

rip...

As an American I don't fully understand roundabouts in practice. Especially multi lane ones. I get how they work but they slow me down because I only use them maybe 1-4 times a year.

pretty much sum it up.
if you go beyong half of it you move in the center and get on the side right before you want to exit, otherwise you stay on the side.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline iri

« Reply #5517 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 11:01:50 »
There are quite a few roundabouts in New England. Proves again that it's the least bad best part of the USA.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #5518 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 11:19:24 »

rip...

Show Image

pretty much sum it up.
if you go beyong half of it you move in the center and get on the side right before you want to exit, otherwise you stay on the side.
That's really helpful but in America nothing like that will ever function.

Roundabouts = no rules

There are a few in neighborhoods by me and every once in a while someone will go the wrong way. It's the "why go all the way around when I can just turn left" mentality.

Offline iri

« Reply #5519 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 11:23:42 »
Such signs help people understand that they should not just turn left.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
    • Bishop Computer Design web
« Reply #5520 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 11:32:37 »
Did System Admin stuff and worked on more prototypes for my BCDMK001 mechanical keyboard build
Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #5521 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 12:16:38 »

They're not designed to keep pace with "intersections" they're supposed to keep a steady flow of traffic, but their secondary "ideal" is that the massively reduce the number of T-bone incidents which happen, hence roundabouts are much safer.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #5522 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 19:26:45 »

They're not designed to keep pace with "intersections" they're supposed to keep a steady flow of traffic, but their secondary "ideal" is that the massively reduce the number of T-bone incidents which happen, hence roundabouts are much safer.

But round abouts do move more traffic than a 4 way light or 4 way stop sign.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #5523 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 16:31:13 »
potential employer said they'd pass on my info to HR (it's been a week since interview).

good news or RIP?
I love Elzy

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #5524 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 16:32:24 »

potential employer said they'd pass on my info to HR (it's been a week since interview).

good news or RIP?

Literally RIP, you ded

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5525 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 16:48:46 »

good news or RIP?

Depends. Did you hand them a CV? Or is this the one you had an interview with?
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #5526 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 16:50:19 »

good news or RIP?

the one I had interview with. they never asked for cv :x last thing they asked for was references so I sent in reference sheet.
I love Elzy

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5527 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 16:52:25 »

good news or RIP?

I would say it's very good news. In the company I work for, the recruiters and the HR department are completely separate entities.

I don't want to get your hopes up, but it sounds good to me.

the one I had interview with. they never asked for cv :x last thing they asked for was references so I sent in reference sheet.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #5528 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 19:08:21 »
Only a couple of hours ago, I saw Weird Al Jankovic in concert. Awesome!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5529 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 19:12:28 »
Currently making bread for the first time.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #5530 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 20:01:53 »
turned 26.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5531 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 20:02:32 »

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #5532 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 21:25:34 »
Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #5533 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 22:43:59 »
Projects

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #5534 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 22:54:18 »
Laundry, it's been about 1.5 months.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5535 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 23:03:51 »
Show Image

cool.  how are you going to support the plate?

Offline raymogi

« Reply #5536 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 23:06:22 »
Got food poisoning at 5am and can't sleep again after all the ****ting.

Going to the gynae in a bit to check on my baby boy :)
Please feed my addiction.

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #5537 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 23:06:52 »
Show Image

Working on the temp housing now then I'll probably do a .25 in acrylic layer
Projects

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #5538 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 23:07:40 »

ughhh sounds unpleasant .....feel better  :thumb:
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #5539 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 23:08:14 »

ughhh sounds unpleasant .....feel better  :thumb:
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5540 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 23:15:57 »
Show Image

The 1/4" layer would have similar cutouts, but with like 14x16 MM holes so the switches still clip in, but the plate is supported underneath?

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #5541 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 23:18:22 »
Show Image

The 1/4" layer would have similar cutouts, but with like 14x16 MM holes so the switches still clip in, but the plate is supported underneath?
I'm working out a more supported layer yes.
Projects

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5542 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 23:22:38 »
Show Image

Cool. I am interested in how you build in the support.   Looking good so far, keep up the good work. :)

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #5543 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 23:25:14 »
Show Image

Cool. I am interested in how you build in the support.   Looking good so far, keep up the good work. :)
Thanks so much. It's my first try at this so it's all a learning experience. I have a build log BCDMK001
Projects

Offline iri

« Reply #5544 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 05:52:35 »

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Invaderevan

« Reply #5545 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 09:32:21 »
I won a gold PS4 from taco bell this morning... so that's a thing.

WTTF Ribbits, Ashen V2 MX, Bronins

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #5547 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 15:03:46 »
Built things O>O

Shelf stuff

Holds my games! looks nice too I think it makes my room more complete :p
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5548 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 12:16:16 »
Built things O>O
Show Image

Shelf stuff
Show Image

Holds my games! looks nice too I think it makes my room more complete :p

IKEA?

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #5549 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 22:47:52 »
I did a bad bad thing.  2016 Suzuki DR650.  Yolo.

Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc