geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

[GB] GMK ThinkCaps (shipping)

<< < (29/33) > >>

gfreeman11898:
Finally...I've completed my "endgame", GSKT-00 and GMK ThinkCaps.  :D

tokyovigilante:
That moment when you think your TKL base set that you've waited two years for is missing half it's keys.... but then you lift the tray to find the second layer.

GLORIOUS.

MyManMart:

--- Quote from: voodoo6k on Tue, 10 May 2022, 12:42:50 ---
--- Quote from: sefixmm on Tue, 10 May 2022, 02:38:34 ---Yes, any pics of the sample ?

--- End quote ---

Blue was matched to a new T420 keyboard. Here are the samples compared to a Lenovo Preferred Pro:

Show Image

In reality the colours will seem darker.

--- End quote ---

Got my accent kit in today and was quite disappointed. I know you said it will seem darker in reality but I believe this is a departure from the thinkpad blue entirely. This picture is with me drowning it with light to make it as bright as possible. Any normal or natural light it is still very dark and I see it as more of a dark grey than a blue as shown in the second picture. Not sure if the accents kit ended up with a different blue than the base kit pictures from above but I could not get it even close to that hue of blue.

SuddenlyDonkey:

--- Quote from: MyManMart on Fri, 15 July 2022, 22:01:22 ---
Got my accent kit in today and was quite disappointed. I know you said it will seem darker in reality but I believe this is a departure from the thinkpad blue entirely. This picture is with me drowning it with light to make it as bright as possible. Any normal or natural light it is still very dark and I see it as more of a dark grey than a blue as shown in the second picture. Not sure if the accents kit ended up with a different blue than the base kit pictures from above but I could not get it even close to that hue of blue.

--- End quote ---

You're not alone. I came here to check this thread for the same reason regarding the accent kit.

fatpolomanjr:
I found the blue to be very subtle in shade, but it seems pretty close to the classic Thinkpad blue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version