Author Topic: What your fav mouse?  (Read 623878 times)

Offline NorrisB

Re: What your fav mouse?
« Reply #1450 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 15:07:24 »
Zowie EC1A, like the Deathadder only with a better laser and build quality.

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #1451 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 17:46:34 »
Zowie EC1A, like the Deathadder only with a better laser and build quality.

Neither have laser sensors, lol.

Both are Optical Mice with Infrared LED instead of a visible red LED, just use your cellphone's camera and you'll see the purple light coming out of their sensors.
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline rush340

« Reply #1452 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 22:23:02 »
It seems like the Logitech Performance MX is the only one that doesn't give me RSI in my thumb.  Maybe I have bad form.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1453 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 22:48:47 »
It seems like the Logitech Performance MX is the only one that doesn't give me RSI in my thumb.  Maybe I have bad form.

Everyone's hand is different and the way they hold their input devices will only suit them, when used.

That is why we have such differing view points on mice in general because getting everyone to agree on one particular mouse is difficult at best.  Be glad you've found something that is easy to use and doesn't cramp your hand up over long periods of time.

Offline symezy123

• Gap Hanky Chip
« Reply #1454 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 08:35:53 »
Well, my favourite mouse is my mate's Razer Ouroboros, and I'm actually looking to get one myself.
But I've got one question about it; the green LEDs, can they be switched off while the mouse is active?
I ask from a power management perspective, even though the draw on LEDs is almost infintesimal, every bit of juice helps. But mainly because they look horrific. ::barf::

Offline Senthura

• Your Doom
« Reply #1455 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 00:34:05 »
I have two relatively new mice that have become favorites.

Roccat Tyon

Logitech G600
Ducky Shine 3 TKL Blue switch & Green backlight

Offline dimmu

« Reply #1456 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 00:49:24 »
using a cm storm xornet right now that i just got free with a ducky shine 3 i purchased a few weeks ago. i'm really loving the ergonomics since i use a claw grip. been using standard mice shapes for years and i had no idea what i was missing out on. i'm now hunting for both cm storm spawn and logitech g9x .

Offline SquawkVFR

« Reply #1457 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 18:34:44 »
Using a Zowie FK-1 at the moment, which I like, but I pulled out my old G9X the other day and I really miss the shape (button switches are wearing out, thanks Diablo).

If Logitech released a new G9X, I think it would sell like crazy.

Offline Tasker

• Gizmo Bazaar
« Reply #1458 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 07:21:56 »
Got a logitech performance MX a year or two back. Definitely the best mouse I've ever used. It feels nice and chunky and sits nicely in your hand. Just enough extra buttons which I've customised to do things like launch my browser and stuff.
I'm thinking of getting another one for work now.

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #1459 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 17:03:19 »
Love my Zowie FK1

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #1460 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 17:51:56 »
I still love my Zowie Fk1 but I'm starting to miss Omron switches.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1461 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 08:05:10 »
Using Logitech G502 at both work and home

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1462 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 08:51:47 »
swapped out my ec2-a in favor of a g502 and I don't regret it =)
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #1463 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 12:00:59 »
swapped out my ec2-a in favor of a g502 and I don't regret it =)

Definitely a better sensor! :thumb:

Btw, if someone happens to try out a G303 please let me know :D

Offline bamtan

• hi there
« Reply #1464 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 07:26:42 »
Deathadder master-race reporting in!
Tbh haven't looked into spending more money on a mouse, had the Deathadder for over 2 years now.

Would treat myself to a G502 if I had cash to spend, though.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1465 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 21:11:22 »
Still on the G502. Absolutely loving it.

Offline alexofthewest

« Reply #1466 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 17:20:24 »
I use a Logitech g600. Its an ideal mate to the smaller form factor of my poker as I use the extra buttons on the mouse.

I'm really shocked so many people use wireless mice,not because I am a tracking elitist, but because I had one once and had to change batteries every 2 weeks. I can't fathom going back to that. I guess I'm in the minority with this view though.

On a side note I feel like the buttons could have been better thought out in terms of location. I can't reach the top row with my little hands without taking my hand off the mouse

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #1467 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 09:07:20 »
I use a Logitech g600. Its an ideal mate to the smaller form factor of my poker as I use the extra buttons on the mouse.

I'm really shocked so many people use wireless mice,not because I am a tracking elitist, but because I had one once and had to change batteries every 2 weeks. I can't fathom going back to that. I guess I'm in the minority with this view though.

On a side note I feel like the buttons could have been better thought out in terms of location. I can't reach the top row with my little hands without taking my hand off the mouse

I used to have the same opinion on wireless mice... but the Logitech Marathon mouse changes my mind! The battery life on this thing is amazing! It lasts almost a full year before needing to be changed... and that's 8 hours+ a day for a year. Plus, one less wire on my desk...

Offline Senthura

• Your Doom
« Reply #1468 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 04:06:43 »

I used to have the same opinion on wireless mice... but the Logitech Marathon mouse changes my mind! The battery life on this thing is amazing! It lasts almost a full year before needing to be changed... and that's 8 hours+ a day for a year. Plus, one less wire on my desk...
My Logitech wireless trackball hasn't needed a battery change in well over 2 years of almost daily heavy use.
Ducky Shine 3 TKL Blue switch & Green backlight

Offline Skechup

« Reply #1469 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 14:14:19 »
There is a new Roccat mouse which I heard was pretty good.

Offline LarsMarkelson

« Reply #1470 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 18:21:43 »
Logitech G302 easily! I've tried a ton of mouses and this is the best for me so far. The clicks and shape are what make this mouse. The clicks especially, as I'm a Dota player, it reduces my fatigue so much. Very happy with this mouse, prefer it over the Deathadder, Zowie FK, and SteelSeries Kana V2.

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #1471 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 22:15:54 »
Logitech G302 easily! I've tried a ton of mouses and this is the best for me so far. The clicks and shape are what make this mouse. The clicks especially, as I'm a Dota player, it reduces my fatigue so much. Very happy with this mouse, prefer it over the Deathadder, Zowie FK, and SteelSeries Kana V2.

I so want to try G303(with the 3366 sensor)!
I'm taking a break from Dota for a while, and only playing CS:GO, but I'm intrigued by the left-right spring tensioned clicks.
It'll probably be my next mouse if there's a deal for it.

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #1472 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 17:04:30 »
RMAed a yellowed Zowie ec2 eVo in white glossy for an ec2-AM in rubberized black and love it. Great little mouse  :thumb:

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1473 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 17:09:14 »
Been using a Cherry Gentix (JM-0300) for a while now. I don't and wouldn't use it for gaming, but it suits most of my needs fine.

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline James35

« Reply #1474 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 02:05:54 »
One of the best pieces of electronic equipment I have bought in the last 10 years is Logitech's newest MX Master. 
As en engineer, I have to say they nailed it.  Perfection. The side thumbwheel, the electronically controlled clutch activated scroll wheel, the pairing, it's all perfect.

Offline Shuki

« Reply #1475 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 23:35:05 »
Sorijealut, I got the G303 myself recently. Found it on ebay for half the retail price, if you can find a deal on it I would definitely recommend it. It certainly has the nicest clicks of any mouse I have used.

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #1476 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 00:03:43 »
Sorijealut, I got the G303 myself recently. Found it on ebay for half the retail price, if you can find a deal on it I would definitely recommend it. It certainly has the nicest clicks of any mouse I have used.

Did you really find it for that cheap? Nice find!

That's great to hear that they were able to come up with a solid alternative to the Omron switches.

How do you like the shape? my hands are like a 19 cm in length, do you think it would be comfortable to use?

Offline Metr0

• HHKB or nuttin
« Reply #1477 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 05:10:12 »
SS Rival for me :)
[WTB] BLANK PINK HHKB ARROW CLUSTER

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1478 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 07:33:17 »
I like "half-vertical" mice.

My Wow Joy Pen was great but broke (scroll wheel) after a year or 2.

Replaced it with an Anker that took some getting used to, but at this point I like it at least as well, maybe a little more.

Somebody PLEASE make a left-hand version.

Otherwise, I like the original "Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical" although it insists on downloading massive driver software when you first plug it in.

« Last Edit: Sat, 09 May 2015, 17:58:43 by fohat.digs »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1479 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 19:57:52 »
I like "half-vertical" mice.

Otherwise, I like the original "Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical" although it insists on downloading massive driver software when you first plug it in.

Never knew you were a WMO fan, good to hear  :thumb: .   Although wouldn't you have problems holding it due to your preferences for half- vertical rodents?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1480 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 20:07:21 »
Although wouldn't you have problems holding it due to your preferences for half- vertical rodents?

I keep mice on both sides now. Although I am strongly right-handed, I converted to left-hand mousing a few years ago.

When I discovered the Joy Pen, I loved it, but, so far, the only left-hand vertical mouse I have had was the * ABOMINABLE * Evoluent.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Mikey Mo

« Reply #1481 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 20:37:39 »
g9x is good

Offline Shuki

« Reply #1482 on: Sun, 10 May 2015, 10:33:01 »
It's hard to say whether you will like the shape or not, it's quite different to most mice I've used.

It's narrow in the front, wide towards the middle before narrowing again. It works well for me as I grip the front of my mouse with my fingertips and have the rear of the mouse against my palm.

If you do like the shape though, I can confidently say it's the best mouse you can possibly buy on the market right now.

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #1483 on: Sun, 10 May 2015, 12:31:12 »
It's hard to say whether you will like the shape or not, it's quite different to most mice I've used.

It's narrow in the front, wide towards the middle before narrowing again. It works well for me as I grip the front of my mouse with my fingertips and have the rear of the mouse against my palm.

If you do like the shape though, I can confidently say it's the best mouse you can possibly buy on the market right now.

Hm... by that description it may work for me.
I'm not too dependent on the palm resting on the mouse and I use some type of claw-hybrid grip.
OK thanks  ;D

Offline SolarFall

« Reply #1484 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 16:48:29 »
http://www.amazon.com/GAMDIAS-GMS5500-Optical-Programmable-Buttons/dp/B00NR6V4P4

Stupid good price on a mouse that rivals all the big names. Poops on all of them considering the price. On board memory, every button programmable and saved on mouse. Perfect sensor. I mean it's perfect. No jitter, no acceleration, perfection. Built like a tank. Excellent wheel and click action ( the wheel is smooth rubber but grippy, feels very expensive and the click action is like a fine pen ). the side buttons are not flimsy and very well placed ( for me ). Weight system that actually has an affect on the feel.
Got mine for $19.99, bought 2 in case it ever breaks. Should be good for a decade or so on mice.
I've looked for a few years for a suitable mouse, im that picky. I'm over joyed at this thing.
I use it with a claw/fingertip hybrid grip. And i like the way the shell skirts to the table without any drastic carves overall. Back logo is not able to be turned off. It's only drawback, which is not really a draw back due to black marker.
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 May 2015, 16:51:01 by SolarFall »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1485 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 03:56:20 »
http://www.amazon.com/GAMDIAS-GMS5500-Optical-Programmable-Buttons/dp/B00NR6V4P4

Stupid good price on a mouse that rivals all the big names. Poops on all of them considering the price. On board memory, every button programmable and saved on mouse. Perfect sensor. I mean it's perfect. No jitter, no acceleration, perfection. Built like a tank. Excellent wheel and click action ( the wheel is smooth rubber but grippy, feels very expensive and the click action is like a fine pen ). the side buttons are not flimsy and very well placed ( for me ). Weight system that actually has an affect on the feel.
Got mine for $19.99, bought 2 in case it ever breaks. Should be good for a decade or so on mice.

Gamdias never reveals what sensors it uses within their range of mice but people suspect they're using Avago ADNS-3050 models. 

Didn't expect their plastic housings to be better built than others especially for the price but since you mentioned the quality of it being above average, then maybe it's worth trying one.

Offline kaminbobby

• -_^
« Reply #1486 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 02:33:59 »
Switch between ms 3.0 and zowie ec1
-_^

Offline dante

« Reply #1487 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 13:42:09 »
I'm still using my Microsoft WOM (purchased from Takasta on ebay) that everyone recommended [ie: a driverless mouse that looks like a mouse.]

Fortunately I haven't gone completely mad with mice the way I have with keyboards!

The only other mouse I've been keeping an eye on is the Final Mouse 2015.  According to a FM rep on Overclock there will be a "summer edition" that will be released very shortly.  It is now made in a different factory and will have a few upgrades in addition to more consistent quality.   This is really the only thing on my radar at the moment.

The new EC-A/ZA series mice from Zowie look great but according to reviews the quality is still hit or miss.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1488 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 19:38:42 »
Nabbed an MX Master for work. It's pretty awesome, ergonomics-wise, but dat scroll wheel is still crap. The Logitech free-scroll just can't quite get solid enough in click mode.

Offline suby4me

« Reply #1489 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 21:11:58 »
I switched from a g502 to a roccat tyon. I just wanted to try a different mouse and this is my first entry to the roccat brand besides mousepad. I'm digging it so far, but just kinda bums me that there are no OSX drivers. I know I can program it through windows, but I'm just really lazy.

Both are good mice, but the only reason I wanted to try another mouse was due to the mouse wheel on the g502. the paint sorta chipped all off after a little over a year in use. Still works, but I could never get used to it. The scroll wheel on the tyon feels like heaven.
current: poker 2 | HHKB pro2, Novatouch | off: das keyboard 4 | Ducky 3 TKL | death by coffee das keyboard mac ver. | razer blackwidow | whitefox | corsair K70 RGB

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #1490 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 21:23:31 »
My good old Logitech® MX™518, bought in 2007. When it was performing badly I just opened and cleaned all the dirty of it, specially on the mouse wheel. It is working now like new. :))

Offline jsbradley7

« Reply #1491 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 12:45:31 »
I posted a pic of my desk last week with a Razer Naga Limited Edition but I've since returned to my favorite: Mionix Naos 7000. Fits my hand like a glove and I love the feel of the texture coating.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1492 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 21:55:38 »
My good old Logitech® MX™518, bought in 2007. When it was performing badly I just opened and cleaned all the dirty of it, specially on the mouse wheel. It is working now like new. :))

Logitech's all time GREATEST mouse ever produced because it still functions today perfectly under multiple Windows OS versions.

Still love using my G400 which is perfect like a small woman's breast, my hand cradles that mouse easily like a depraved pervert  8) .

Offline unipsykal

• ghostly lurker
« Reply #1493 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 22:04:37 »

I miss mine, it was definitely the best mouse I have owned but its gone now, RIP... my current mouse is a steelseries rival, fits my long claw fingers really well.

Offline ADFX_Pixy

« Reply #1494 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 03:46:09 »
My Zowie EC2-A is an amazing mouse and I love it. The Razer Deathadder felt too big, bulky, and even cheap when I was trying it in a store and after I learned the EC1-A has similar dimensions to the Deathadder, I opted for this mouse despite complaints about the infamous EC scroll wheel issue still persisting on the newest generation of EC mice. Luckily the EC2-A I got has a perfect scroll wheel, not too wobbly and doesn't miss any steps when scrolling with it. The clicks are perfect too, my Magic Mouse clicks are too stiff, the Deathadder's is to loose, and the Rival's felt too mushy rather than clicky and tactile. I could not be anymore happier with my purchase. My Artisan Hien VE L compliments the EC2-A well too.

I also tried the G303 in store and it felt great especially the clicks, but I wanted an ergonomic/semi-ergonomic mouse after dealing with the Magic Mouse for 4 years.
CM Storm Quickfire Stealth Cherry MX Brown
Mechanicalkeyboards.com MK 2016 Cherry MX Brown

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #1495 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 11:21:48 »
I have been using a Logitech G302 for a some time now, and even though it is not the most comfortable mouse out there — the prime factor which will make or break the G302/G303 for you — it works for me. The implementation of the AM010 sensor is great, provided that you do not exceed the 2.7–3 m/s (depending on the mouse pad you use) PCS. In regards to the tracking itself, I would describe it as 'raw'; feeling like what would be a modern iteration of ADI's MLT04 (IE 3.0, IMO 1.1 and WMO 1.1). The LoD is approximately 1.5mm on my mouse pads.

One notable thing I would like to mention, is that the G302 (and by extension the G303) has the most satisfying M1 and M2 mouse buttons I have ever used : they are very defined with great tactile feedback. If you like the tactility of Huano switches but find them too stiff, you will love what Logitech has done here. In regards to the scroll wheel, I find it just right — a nice middle ground whereby the notches are pronounced enough for in-game usage, yet not too stiff for everyday bureautique and web browsing. I can't talk much about the scroll wheel click as I never use it.

On the negative side, while I am glad that Logitech did not go for a braided cable on the G302, the rubber implementation here is a bit on the stiff side which might bother some people depending on how you manage your cables on your desk. In my case, I have found a setup by which the cable does not hinder my movements at all using the mouse. Nothing fancy; just running the cable through my monitor pass-through with enough slack in somewhat of an '¬' shape. I have also read online about the mouse having some lateral play due to its diamond shape and mouse feet location as being a downside. I can indeed reproduce this wobble, but it requires me to go out of my way to intentionally to make it happen, so I can't say it's a problem for me.

Finally, in regards to build quality, only time will tell how the G302 will hold up, but my short term opinion is that the construction seems to be overall what you would expect from Logitech — clean and sturdy.

The G302 is not perfect, but the sum of its parts make it my favorite mouse to date. For whatever reason it happens I have better accuracy with it too.

Useful info
• Hand size: 19cm (heel to tip of middle finger)
• Grip: fingertip grip
• CPI setting: 400 CPI
• In game sensitivity: 2.6
• Cm/360: 42cm

« Last Edit: Sun, 31 May 2015, 11:52:04 by _PixelNinja »

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1496 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 13:34:16 »
I think the cable issue has been fixed with G303, hasn't it?

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #1497 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 13:45:15 »
My Zowie EC2-A is an amazing mouse and I love it. The Razer Deathadder felt too big, bulky, and even cheap when I was trying it in a store and after I learned the EC1-A has similar dimensions to the Deathadder, I opted for this mouse despite complaints about the infamous EC scroll wheel issue still persisting on the newest generation of EC mice. Luckily the EC2-A I got has a perfect scroll wheel, not too wobbly and doesn't miss any steps when scrolling with it. The clicks are perfect too, my Magic Mouse clicks are too stiff, the Deathadder's is to loose, and the Rival's felt too mushy rather than clicky and tactile. I could not be anymore happier with my purchase. My Artisan Hien VE L compliments the EC2-A well too.

I also tried the G303 in store and it felt great especially the clicks, but I wanted an ergonomic/semi-ergonomic mouse after dealing with the Magic Mouse for 4 years.
Good to hear EC2-A is a good mouse. I've been recommending it based on my experience with the FK1, but I haven't had a chance to test it out myself.
My scroll whell on the FK1 was showing signs of skipping recently, but it fixed itself somehow and it works fine now lol  :))

I have been using a Logitech G302 for a some time now, and even though it is not the most comfortable mouse out there � the prime factor which will make or break the G302/G303 for you � it works for me. The implementation of the AM010 sensor is great, provided that you do not exceed the 2.7�3 m/s (depending on the mouse pad you use) PCS. In regards to the tracking itself, I would describe it as 'raw'; feeling like what would be a modern iteration of ADI's MLT04 (IE 3.0, IMO 1.1 and WMO 1.1). The LoD is approximately 1.5mm on my mouse pads.

One notable thing I would like to mention, is that the G302 (and by extension the G303) has the most satisfying M1 and M2 mouse buttons I have ever used : they are very defined with great tactile feedback. If you like the tactility of Huano switches but find them too stiff, you will love what Logitech has done here. In regards to the scroll wheel, I find it just right � a nice middle ground whereby the notches are pronounced enough for in-game usage, yet not too stiff for everyday bureautique and web browsing. I can't talk much about the scroll wheel click as I never use it.

On the negative side, while I am glad that Logitech did not go for a braided cable on the G302, the rubber implementation here is a bit on the stiff side which might bother some people depending on how you manage your cables on your desk. In my case, I have found a setup by which the cable does not hinder my movements at all using the mouse. Nothing fancy; just running the cable through my monitor pass-through with enough slack in somewhat of an '�' shape. I have also read online about the mouse having some lateral play due to its diamond shape and mouse feet location as being a downside. I can indeed reproduce this wobble, but it requires me to go out of my way to intentionally to make it happen, so I can't say it's a problem for me.

Finally, in regards to build quality, only time will tell how the G302 will hold up, but my short term opinion is that the construction seems to be overall what you would expect from Logitech � clean and sturdy.

The G302 is not perfect, but the sum of its parts make it my favorite mouse to date. For whatever reason it happens I have better accuracy with it too.

Useful info
� Hand size: 19cm (heel to tip of middle finger)
� Grip: fingertip grip
� CPI setting: 400 CPI
� In game sensitivity: 2.6
� Cm/360: 42cm

What a well written review! I really appreciate this, thank you! ;)
I've been waiting for someone to review either the 302/303.
So this confirms my thinking that the mouse clicks are the strongpoints, you actually mention exactly what I'm thinking with the Huano switches - they're simply just a tad heavy.
My hands measure 19cm as well, and I would probably share the same sentiment then, with the comfort level and such.
I wonder what game you've tested it on, I'm guessing dota or csgo. You didn't want to try the better sensor on the 303 then? It also has the braided cables in its update, so I'm inclined to say it's more fitting of your preference.

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #1498 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 15:16:23 »
I think the cable issue has been fixed with G303, hasn't it?

Not from my point of view since I dislike braided cables. In my experience — they wear faster than their rubber counterparts as they tend to fray. They also tend to catch on things, get dirty, are difficult to clean and more often than not are stiffer (this is not the case with the G303 however). Seeing the G303s and G502s that are on display at local stores with frayed cables comforts me in my decision to have chosen the G302 over the G303, and while one might argue display conditions do not represent real world usage, I consider those units to perfect stress-test dummies. Brands and users rave all about braided cables being superior and a sign of high quality; I beg to differ. To me, the best cables bar none are those found on Zowie mice.

What a well written review! I really appreciate this, thank you! ;)
I've been waiting for someone to review either the 302/303.
So this confirms my thinking that the mouse clicks are the strongpoints, you actually mention exactly what I'm thinking with the Huano switches - they're simply just a tad heavy.
My hands measure 19cm as well, and I would probably share the same sentiment then, with the comfort level and such.
I wonder what game you've tested it on, I'm guessing dota or csgo. You didn't want to try the better sensor on the 303 then? It also has the braided cables in its update, so I'm inclined to say it's more fitting of your preference.

Thank you very much and you are welcome! Although to be honest I think I am terrible at writing reviews.

Yes — the main mouse buttons are by far the strong point of the G302/G303. They are lighter than the Huanos in Zowies, while at the same time having that satisfying click, without being overly light to the point that you would inadvertently actuate them like on some iterations of the Razer Deathadder. I do insist though that the shape is not for everyone and is what will either make you love or hate the G302/G303.

I play a bit of everything but I do love and play a lot of FPSes such as Quake Live, TF2 and Counter Strike. As for the Pixart 3366/G303, no, I have not tried it yet since the G302's implementation of the AM010 fits my needs. That being said, I am always game for trying out new things, so in the near future I might end up purchasing a G303. Regarding braided cables, I expressed my thoughts right above. If the 3366 on the G303 is to my liking, I will most probably switch out the cable with a unit from the G302.
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 May 2015, 16:00:42 by _PixelNinja »

Offline WolfTickets

« Reply #1499 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 16:02:00 »
The Razer Deathadder fits my hand comfortably.  Just enough buttons for what I do, and  I have had no issues with it at all.