Author Topic: What your fav mouse?  (Read 622981 times)

Offline McWilloughby

Re: What your fav mouse?
« Reply #1000 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 10:27:23 »
Corsair M60.

• Good for claw
    Adjustable DPI buttons
    on-the-fly DPI button for sniping
    2 extra buttons
    Aluminum base
    Good sensor
    Click wheel is GOD
    braided cable
    only like 70 bucks

Show Image

It is a god tier mouse. I've had it for probably close to two years, and it's still mint.

Really solid construction as well. I dropped mine on to my desk once (by accident) from about shoulder height, it made a hole in my mousemat  and dented my table. Mouse still works perfectly though. I'm curious to try the M40 as it potentially has a pretty good optical sensor which could be an improvement on the laser in the M60/65.

Offline cinnamoncider

• Thorpies are snappy
  • No clack; no life.
« Reply #1001 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 14:43:03 »
Corsair M60.

More
  • Good for claw
    Adjustable DPI buttons
    on-the-fly DPI button for sniping
    2 extra buttons
    Aluminum base
    Good sensor
    Click wheel is GOD
    braided cable
    only like 70 bucks

Show Image

It is a god tier mouse. I've had it for probably close to two years, and it's still mint.
I would've loved this mouse, but sadly, it's too small for me. I can still claw it though.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1002 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 17:18:58 »
When oh when will Thermaltake release the white Volos model in the U.S.  I even sent them an e-mail long ago, which went unanswered :(

http://www.ttesports.com/productPage.aspx?p=126&g=ftr#.UrtnhfRDu7o

It was released at the end of October and was supposed to become available "worldwide".  Grumble...  My MX518 is begging to go into retirement.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline McWilloughby

« Reply #1003 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 18:12:06 »
When oh when will Thermaltake release the white Volos model in the U.S.  I even sent them an e-mail long ago, which went unanswered :(

http://www.ttesports.com/productPage.aspx?p=126&g=ftr#.UrtnhfRDu7o

It was released at the end of October and was supposed to become available "worldwide".  Grumble...  My MX518 is begging to go into retirement.
Is it specifically the white model you're looking for? The black model has been on sale in the UK for a while and I'm sure it could be proxied to you if need be..

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1004 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 18:26:44 »
Yup, looking for white.  The black version's been available for many months locally as well, I'm just bored with black for computer peripherals and cases, so for the past two years I've been avoiding it.  Thanks for offering.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1005 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 19:40:37 »
My MX518 is begging to go into retirement.

I suspect you will dig it out of retirement and use that beggar again, it's just too good to pension off anytime yet.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1006 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 19:42:47 »

I suspect you will dig it out of retirement and use that beggar again, it's just too good to pension off anytime yet.

No, it's begging for retirement because it's starting to show its age (6 years now or maybe more).  Some issues with the sensor :(  I never liked the shape very much either, but kept using it for the nice performance.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 December 2013, 19:44:42 by Photoelectric »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1007 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 01:32:00 »
No, it's begging for retirement because it's starting to show its age (6 years now or maybe more).  Some issues with the sensor :(  I never liked the shape very much either, but kept using it for the nice performance.

I still have a working MX1100 which I can't stop using.  It is STILL my go to mouse when I am using the PC for a great length of time.  Logitech designed a rodent that was perfect in every respect, they just have never released a decent ergonomic wireless mouse after the MX1100.

Wish they could just copy the older mice when it came to designing newer input devices because the older ones actually worked for right-hander's  :thumb: .

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1008 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 11:11:00 »
Oooohhh that Volos looks nice.

Offline adion227

« Reply #1009 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 19:07:48 »
Originally, my heart was set on the Deathadder. I've owned like 3 deathadders. However, my deathadder recently broke on me and I tried a Zowie EC2 eVo. I love the mouse. Although I love the deathadder, I think the zowie is my new favorite mouse :D

Offline ctbear

« Reply #1010 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 23:48:00 »
Originally, my heart was set on the Deathadder. I've owned like 3 deathadders. However, my deathadder recently broke on me and I tried a Zowie EC2 eVo. I love the mouse. Although I love the deathadder, I think the zowie is my new favorite mouse :D

3 DAs and you still wanted to go back  :eek: I applaud your dedication.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1011 on: Mon, 30 December 2013, 11:00:50 »
I feel that way about the Rival. I've had 5 DAs, and up until I got this Rival would've pointed to the latest rev of the DA as the greatest mouse ever made.

I still want to try a Zowie though, I really really like their minimalist approach.

Offline ctbear

« Reply #1012 on: Mon, 30 December 2013, 11:37:41 »
I feel that way about the Rival. I've had 5 DAs, and up until I got this Rival would've pointed to the latest rev of the DA as the greatest mouse ever made.

I still want to try a Zowie though, I really really like their minimalist approach.

I think if you really liked the DA you will love the Zowie ec1. I liked the DA except that it was a little too big for me. Then I got the Zowie ec2 evo cl and omgz it was the best thing ever  :eek:

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1013 on: Mon, 30 December 2013, 12:10:24 »
I absolutely love the size of the DA (big hands here), so I think the EC1 would be the right fit for me.

Offline adion227

« Reply #1014 on: Mon, 30 December 2013, 17:43:50 »
Yeah the sensor was great on DA but I raged too much in counterstrike so i've gone through a lot of mice haha. Also grip on the DA for me was the best until I tried the ec2. Turns out the DA was a bit big for me l0l

Offline Emospence

« Reply #1015 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 21:16:32 »
I absolutely love the size of the DA (big hands here), so I think the EC1 would be the right fit for me.

Be sure to get the CL.. Faster, non-squeaky scroll wheel
Keyboards: Topre Realforce 87UW 55g x 2
Mice: Zowie EC1 eVo CL x 2
Mousepads: Artisan Hien VE x 2, Razer Mantis Speed

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1016 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 01:15:39 »

Be sure to get the CL.. Faster, non-squeaky scroll wheel

That's definitely the one I'm looking at. I love white peripherals

Offline dadgh

« Reply #1017 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 10:05:08 »
Mionix Saiph 3200

I wish I could find ANYWHERE that had it in stock (discontinued and obscure brand). I really want to bring a second one to work.
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 January 2014, 10:07:30 by dadgh »

Offline geogga

• gosh dang GH and their GBs
« Reply #1018 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 13:29:49 »
O.o that thumb rest

Rocking my soon to be 3 year old razer Abyssus!

Was also thinking on the mionix avoir 8200 or lower DPI, as my favorite you tuber recommended it and I needed a new peripheral refresh after getting my ducky YOTS.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #1019 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 14:15:01 »
I think I said the Zowie FK earlier in this thread.

However, recently I was forced to go back to my WMO 1.1a , and I have to say, it is still my favorite mouse of all time.

Yes, it was a cheap Microsoft mouse that was not even made with gaming in mind. But for a long time and even to this day, the mouse is still preferred by many pros (Quake and CS) for a reason. It is easy to see why, since somehow, it accomplishes something that many new expensive mice do not:
-No acceleration, prediction, angle snapping or any of the things that make people avoid modern laser mice
-Good lift off distance
-Subjective, but for me, still one of the best shaped mice I ever held
-Great tracking sensor
-Very light ( I hate heavy mice, I do not get how people use those heavy mice like the G500, then add even more weight to it... what? To each their own I guess)

The only downside of the mouse for me is that the stock feet are crap (easily resolved) and the max perfect tracking speed is relatively low at about 1 m/s. By overclocking it to >500Hz this improves to about 1.5 m/s, which is still relatively low, but plenty for a lot of people. The fact that it is only 400 DPI is not really a negative for anyone who is a low sensitivity player and does not play on resolutions of over 1080p. But these two things are really subpar compared to more modern mice, and ultimately the reason why it will become obsolete as a gaming mouse.

The funny thing about the MS peripherals is that gamers largely ignored their gaming line of products, which were mainly terrible with a few exceptions (the Sidewinder line, that got canned a few years ago) but there are several peripherals they made that people still buy and use now (Just among mice, IO, IME, WMO etc.) but it is almost like they never found out and never tried to cash in. Even though at one point, when the gaming market was not as saturated as it is now, they had a firm hold on it. Even though it was unintentional.

So yeah, and oldie but a goodie. I recently bought some from Takasta that have the aftermarket mod. I was skeptical but they are real WMO's underneath.

I am not holding on to it for sentimental reasons either. If something comes along I like better, I would use it for sure. But I have not really found anything I like as much, and believe me I tried. I like the Zowie FK, but it is ultimately too low and I hate the surface material. I had the AM, but it was too narrow and hard to pick up, sold it in the Geekhack classifieds. I like the Kana v2, which also has the Avago 3090 sensor but the high (super-high!) LOD is an issue (I can do the tape-fix, then again, I can also just stick with the WMO). No matter what I try, it is like I can not get rid of the WMO.

« Last Edit: Thu, 02 January 2014, 14:26:33 by Grim Fandango »
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #1020 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 12:28:05 »

Mine is 9 years old and still going strong. Some wear here and there but nothing to complain about. Tracks flawlessly still. Such a legend.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #1021 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 15:56:36 »

Mine is 9 years old and still going strong. Some wear here and there but nothing to complain about. Tracks flawlessly still. Such a legend.

Not quite flawlessly, the MX518 sensor does have angle-snapping/prediction. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing, some argue it's an advantage in certain games, but it'd be nice to have the option to disable it.

Offline catbuster

• Fusion is Future
« Reply #1022 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 16:47:56 »
I am still using razer deathadder 1800 dpi edition (the first DA) and i love it  :cool: tried a 2013 DA and its meh, just dunno what my next mouse wil be  :'(
Poker 2 (black) 60% mx red

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #1023 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 17:42:16 »
currently tt esports theron white mouse- goes with my white qfr case :thumb:

like the weight and size

color options, macro's, wheel and a real smooth omron left/right click are very likable
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #1024 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 19:56:28 »

Not quite flawlessly, the MX518 sensor does have angle-snapping/prediction. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing, some argue it's an advantage in certain games, but it'd be nice to have the option to disable it.

What I meant, obviously, is that it tracks just like it did when I first got it, nine years ago.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1025 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 22:50:38 »

However, recently I was forced to go back to my WMO 1.1a , and I have to say, it is still my favorite mouse of all time.

Yes, it was a cheap Microsoft mouse that was not even made with gaming in mind. But for a long time and even to this day, the mouse is still preferred by many pros (Quake and CS) for a reason. It is easy to see why, since somehow, it accomplishes something that many new expensive mice do not:
-No acceleration, prediction, angle snapping or any of the things that make people avoid modern laser mice
-Good lift off distance
-Great tracking sensor
-Very light ( I hate heavy mice, I do not get how people use those heavy mice like the G500, then add even more weight to it... what? To each their own I guess)

The only downside of the mouse for me is that the stock feet are crap (easily resolved) and the max perfect tracking speed is relatively low at about 1 m/s. By overclocking it to >500Hz this improves to about 1.5 m/s, which is still relatively low, but plenty for a lot of people. The fact that it is only 400 DPI is not really a negative for anyone who is a low sensitivity player and does not play on resolutions of over 1080p. But these two things are really subpar compared to more modern mice, and ultimately the reason why it will become obsolete as a gaming mouse.

The funny thing about the MS peripherals is that gamers largely ignored their gaming line of products, which were mainly terrible with a few exceptions (the Sidewinder line, that got canned a few years ago) but there are several peripherals they made that people still buy and use now (Just among mice, IO, IME, WMO etc.) but it is almost like they never found out and never tried to cash in. Even though at one point, when the gaming market was not as saturated as it is now, they had a firm hold on it. Even though it was unintentional.

So yeah, and oldie but a goodie. I recently bought some from Takasta that have the aftermarket mod. I was skeptical but they are real WMO's underneath.
Show Image

I am not holding on to it for sentimental reasons either. If something comes along I like better, I would use it for sure. But I have not really found anything I like as much, and believe me I tried. I like the Zowie FK, but it is ultimately too low and I hate the surface material. I had the AM, but it was too narrow and hard to pick up, sold it in the Geekhack classifieds. I like the Kana v2, which also has the Avago 3090 sensor but the high (super-high!) LOD is an issue (I can do the tape-fix, then again, I can also just stick with the WMO). No matter what I try, it is like I can not get rid of the WMO.

whoa link to where you got that updated 1.1a?

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #1026 on: Sat, 04 January 2014, 02:10:56 »
Im a total herb when it comes to mice, I switch off between a rat 7 to FPS, and a razer naga for anything else. Just got a RatM and a naga 2014 for Xmas , looks like the combo continues
sell out and eat ass

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1027 on: Sat, 04 January 2014, 12:43:03 »

-Good lift off distance
-Great tracking sensor

Show Image

Of course. I know takasta from some forums like overclock.net, and I think he is also a member/seller on this forum. This is the link to his ebay shop:
http://stores.ebay.nl/iTakTech

Just know they are not really updated WMO's. Just regular old WMO with different coatings (both glossy and matte). Though I have to say that I like how they look.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1028 on: Sat, 04 January 2014, 16:54:21 »
Of course. I know takasta from some forums like overclock.net, and I think he is also a member/seller on this forum. This is the link to his ebay shop:

Just know they are not really updated WMO's. Just regular old WMO with different coatings (both glossy and matte). Though I have to say that I like how they look.

So the 'coatings' are simply paint that was sprayed onto the original housing?  Please let me know.

Although I never liked the original WMO these colours really make it little more tolerable to hold  ;D .

Offline Coreda

« Reply #1029 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 01:19:39 »
Can anyone recommend a good, non-large mouse that doesn't have angle-snapping?

After buying a few mice a couple years ago to try I found the SteelSeries Kinzu was basically perfect except for the angle snapping (arbitrarily slapped on just because it was a cheaper/smaller version of the Xai which allowed control of this).

Currently using an old wired Kensington compact mouse as it does the job but was hoping for a nicer look :cool:

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1030 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 04:18:50 »

-Good lift off distance
-Great tracking sensor

Show Image

sweet. I own two right now (albeit one is really shiny and the other has a dead scroll sensor) but for $25 I must get one. The shape is just ****ing perfect.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1031 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 13:47:42 »
More

-Good lift off distance
-Great tracking sensor

Show Image

From the seller:

This is an original WMO mouse by Microsoft, and there are no "SteelSeries" parts in it.

It's called a SteelSeries MOD because the mouse has been recoated with the words Microsoft and "SteelSeries".

Everything else is the same.

You can buy the feet for IE3 / IO1.1 which will be compatible with this mouse. Both the Tiger Gaming and Hotline Games feet work for this mouse.

So he just took a WMO and repainted it..... :mad: Why put the steelseries logo on there???

But still, at this price, its better than all the other new WMOs because its painted and most new ones go for $25-30 anyways

New mouse time  ;D Glossy blue :))

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #1032 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 14:22:04 »
#1 - Logitech G400s: I only need to get more.

#2 - Kensington Slimblade: I know it's not a mouse but it serves the same purpose.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1033 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 14:23:06 »

#2 - Kensington Slimblade: I know it's not a mouse but it serves the same purpose.
]

why the 400s over say the 500 or the 700? Optical sensor?

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1034 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 15:38:48 »
Regarding the WMO mods. The seller does not do it himself. They are being sold like that in China and you can get them in a bunch of different places. There are other mods aside from the steelseries one. Just make sure you get them from a seller where it is confirmed they are not somehow imitation products.

About the coating. To me, the original simple plastic was fine. In fact, for me it works better than all the other types of coating that many gaming mice have nowadays. Typically, the "glossy" or "rubber" coatings feels considerably worse to me than the simple plastic of (for example) the original WMO. Mouse material or coating never bothered me until brands decided to become fancy with it. Now I can not use half of the  gaming mice out there because the surface material does not work for me. I have not tried the glossy coating in the picture (even though I like the way it looks), but the matte coating works fine.

btw, grats on your glossy blue WMO  :thumb:

]

why the 400s over say the 500 or the 700? Optical sensor?

I think the G400(s) is a much better mouse personally. I mean, the g500(s) is heavy, the sensor is not centered, the scroll wheel is a wobbly mess, and the laser sensor has native acceleration. If you want something in that kind of shape, I would say the g400 is the way to go. But that is just me, other people may be looking for different features and characteristics.

Can anyone recommend a good, non-large mouse that doesn't have angle-snapping?

After buying a few mice a couple years ago to try I found the SteelSeries Kinzu was basically perfect except for the angle snapping (arbitrarily slapped on just because it was a cheaper/smaller version of the Xai which allowed control of this).

Currently using an old wired Kensington compact mouse as it does the job but was hoping for a nicer look :cool:

If you like the general shape of the Kinzu, you may want to look into the Kana v2. It is slightly larger than the kinzu but has the same basic shape. It has the Avago 3090 sensor with all its good properties (basically the tracking is great). However, there is one issue with the mouse, and that is the high lift off distance. You can however fix this by using the tape fix. Some people do not mind anyway and even some pros are using it "as is" at the moment, others do.

Another option that feels slightly smaller is the Zowie FK. Same idea really, small ambidextrous mouse with that same kind of shape and a 3090 optical sensor. Though with a super low lift off distance. There are other options, but I can not really recommend anything I have not used.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1035 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 16:35:20 »
Roccat Savu

At first, I wondered how the hell should I grip it, but it quickly became very natural (fingertip grip @ 1600 dpi, for the record). Anyway...

It's light (only 90 g), well-built (although some say the rough surface will get smoother eventually, it doesn't bother me), with great buttons and even the wheel and at last but not least, it has on-board memory and awesome GNU/Linux support. I can turn off the light, reconfigure buttons (one thumb button to middle click) and EasyShift is great., especially when the modifier button is in the right position—it is here. The sensor is supposed to be quite good, but I don't really care. As usual, LOD can be fixed by applying tape.

Offline Coreda

« Reply #1036 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 01:55:43 »

If you like the general shape of the Kinzu, you may want to look into the Kana v2. It is slightly larger than the kinzu but has the same basic shape. It has the Avago 3090 sensor with all its good properties (basically the tracking is great). However, there is one issue with the mouse, and that is the high lift off distance. You can however fix this by using the tape fix. Some people do not mind anyway and even some pros are using it "as is" at the moment, others do.

Another option that feels slightly smaller is the Zowie FK. Same idea really, small ambidextrous mouse with that same kind of shape and a 3090 optical sensor. Though with a super low lift off distance. There are other options, but I can not really recommend anything I have not used.

Found that the Zowie AM has no prediction or acceleration and is a very well reviewed mouse. Also, after seeing this image:
More

It led me to the currently in development Ninox Aurora mouse. Same size as the Kinzu and from the description does everything right. Can't wait to read the first reviews of it!

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #1037 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 12:00:09 »

agreed.............i have both as well

the slingblade is one of my favorites even though it does not have all the bells and whistles.

can't believe the logitech g400 is deemed more worthy than some of its brothers, however that being said my experience with the 400 is above average, just wish it had more weight and a braided cord

More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #1038 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 17:38:56 »
I've been thinking about breaking open a G400s and installing some extra weights in there. Once I get a new one I'll have to test this out.

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #1039 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 21:03:37 »
I've been thinking about breaking open a G400s and installing some extra weights in there. Once I get a new one I'll have to test this out.

wow............no kidding :thumb:

am looking forward to hearing about your possible mod

i don't have a hammer that small, so will rely on you experts ;D
More

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #1040 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 22:17:51 »

wow............no kidding :thumb:

am looking forward to hearing about your possible mod

i don't have a hammer that small, so will rely on you experts ;D

I'll be sure to upload pictures once I do.

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #1041 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 22:45:35 »
Does anyone still sell the G400? I want to try it but can't find a source. I have little interest in the G400s as it appears they ruined their perfect sensor.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #1042 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 00:06:44 »
Does anyone still sell the G400? I want to try it but can't find a source. I have little interest in the G400s as it appears they ruined their perfect sensor.

You can find it on Amazon on Ebay. I've seen some stragglers in Best Buy once in a while.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1043 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 00:39:33 »
this new evga torq x10 mouse looks pretty bad ass.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1044 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 00:48:03 »

Love the non-slick coating, but crap sensor :(

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1045 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 00:51:53 »
yeah, i've been reading about it. shame :(
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline moogle

« Reply #1046 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 00:58:58 »

the placement of the weight system seems brilliant though; quite different from the traditional bottom inserts

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1047 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 02:00:13 »

the placement of the weight system seems brilliant though; quite different from the traditional bottom inserts

The so-called 'crap sensor' will only effect the hard-core gamer, the rest of us won't even notice it when used every day in a normal fashion.

I'll still buy it, simply because it has a carbon fiber chasis which is always liked.  Who knows, maybe an updated Avago ADNS 3310/3090 sensor may be used (DIY Style) inside this chassis?  Looking forward to seeing if it's possible to fully customize this latest evga model, to something worth keeping  :thumb: .
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 January 2014, 02:03:45 by Elrick »

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #1048 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 09:39:51 »
That does look pretty nice indeed.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #1049 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 10:39:35 »
yeah, i've been reading about it. shame :(

That is a sexy mouse but I want to see someone try to use that at 8200 DPI in a game.