Author Topic: What your fav mouse?  (Read 622793 times)

Offline Heist

• Warchief of the Horde
Re: What your fav mouse?
« Reply #1550 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 12:37:23 »
After reviewing ~15 mice, my favorite after many months of continuous use is still the Steelseries Rival 300 Black.

How big are your hands? I have small hands and I actually enjoyed my rival back in the day, kind of thinking about getting another one

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #1551 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 19:50:28 »
<--- *points to avatar*

They don't know it's why I am so good with the AWP.

Offline DVH

« Reply #1552 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 03:20:34 »
Logitech G502 and Zowie EC2

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #1553 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 03:45:13 »
Just ordered two logitechs. G302 and G Pro.

For office and CAD work they seem small enough to be moved in your palm, without having to move the arm at all.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #1554 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 04:21:18 »
<--- *points to avatar*

you actually play CSGO with that trackball? because that would be pretty rare. most of the (very few) people playing FPS games with trackballs at all use thumb trackballs.
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1555 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 04:41:31 »
Just ordered a "Ducky M Secret".
Been wanting to try one for a while.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1556 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 16:37:25 »
For the first 6-12 months that trackball is fairly accurate

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #1557 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 16:41:54 »
hmm been meaning to order this beauty https://www.dreammachines.io/products/dm1-pro-s-optical-gaming-mouse-3360-sensor

and ninox has a new mouse coming that i need in mah lyfe:https://www.facebook.com/ninoxtech/

:cool:
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline ReadmeDotTxt

« Reply #1558 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 00:34:54 »
G602 for work and regular browsing.
G502 for gaming.

G602 - I bound the side buttons to various browser functions (New Tab, Close Tab, Show Desktop, Reopen Closed Tab, etc.). I use the silver buttons by the left mouse click to switch through virtual desktops. Worked well on OSX and Windows. I've been using this mouse for years. Well, multiple of these mice over the course of years, to be more precise. On every single one of them, the top middle side button starts to register many many clicks when it is pressed once. It's not consistent. Unfortunately, that's my "Close Window" bind. Not fun when using incognito. Highly recommend it. The utility the side buttons brings is enormous and it's not as obnoxious as the naga or other MMO mice.

G502 - Works well for me. Not educated enough on the nuances of mice to comment.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #1559 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 08:55:36 »
I'm quite annoyed by the super smooth lateral surface of the g302-g303. Quite sticky. Mirror polished.

I'm gonna try the g203, which seems identical to the logitech g pro, at half the price. The g pro seems a bad choice because it has a super stiff wheel click. Normally it's less thant 200 gr, this one is over 300gr.

Offline nxtruong

« Reply #1560 on: Fri, 10 February 2017, 08:34:47 »
Using a DA elite but g900 is my favorite mouse. Will upgrade when I have fund.  ;D

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #1561 on: Sat, 11 February 2017, 19:14:32 »
<--- *points to avatar*

you actually play CSGO with that trackball? because that would be pretty rare. most of the (very few) people playing FPS games with trackballs at all use thumb trackballs.

yes i actually do.... i also played 1.6 and source with it.... switched during 1.6. also played my whole OW career with it where i also did, well, above average  ;) Plenty of my friends have seen me game with my Trackman and do killer at it.  360 degree spins? effortless. i have an advantage on mouse users IMO.

I never even thought about it when i started playing fps with it. I think i had been using it for weeks before realizing it wasnt normal haha.

I have thumb trackballs too but i can not game with them. i have tried. i have respect for anyone who can use thumb trackball, its just not enough control for me. i can do way more with the tops of my fingers, and it shows in my gameplay  ;)  The only thing i can't do better than a mouse with it is surf. 

i also cant use a controller for fps and imagine thumb trackball users are not bad with the joystick for fps? just a guess.

edit: It is funny to see people shopping for MICE and looking to not to have to move their arm. Haha. Why even get a mouse then?! it is so subpar for not moving your arm.... just confusing really! seems like the gains are minimal compared to the many losses of trying to use a mouse small and sensitive enough to not move your hand?
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 February 2017, 19:16:35 by happylacquer »

Offline atarione

« Reply #1562 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 01:21:54 »
hmm.. I think before it was my Sensei MLG.. however due to it getting kinda worn looking (paint is flaking off) I just got myself a Zowie ZA11 which I really like..

almost every time I get a new mouse I kinda hate it at first however with the ZA11 I have quite liked it ..I like that is plug and play with now driver suite nonsense to mess about with.   I liked this mouse right off the bat in a way I don't rember liking a mouse since the intelimouse 15~ years ago..

I'm going to paint the Sensei top cover however and see how it goes cause I do like the Sensei quite a lot also.
160181-0

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #1563 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 11:11:09 »
<--- *points to avatar*

Is it really that rare to use a trackball for gaming? I tend to use a logitech m570 and have found it pretty useful. Could use a few more buttons but otherwise I've not had a problem.
Biking is fun.

Offline Boskr

« Reply #1564 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 12:38:03 »
G502 for me, on a Corsair MM300 mousepad. It's simply the best I've ever used thus far.
Levinson split 40%, Gat Greens, DSA Blank
GH60, Cherry Browns, OEM Granite
Razer BWX TE, Gat Blacks+RGB, DSA Blank, No Logo (522 Solder Joints!!!)
Razer BWX TE, Razer Greens+RGB, All Stock (girlfriend's)
MagicForce 68, Cherry Reds, TaiHao Dasher
Corsair K70, Cherry Reds+RGB, Stock Caps

Ask me about Soldering/Assembly/Other services in NC!

Offline Creek

« Reply #1565 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 08:37:00 »
For me it has to be the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic. In terms of sensor performance it's nothing to write home about perhaps apart from it seemingly being able to track on any surface I've tried. It's just very comfortable for me to use for hours on end and doesn't cause me any discomfort like most of the other mice I've tried.

I'm also going to give the Logitech M570 thumb trackball a mention as the more that I've gotten used to that, the more I've grown to love it! I cannot compare it to other trackballs as it's the first one I've used since the early 2000's, but with it being wireless I've found it's perfect to move around in any orientation which has been very helpful in lessening the discomfort I've experienced from RSI.

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #1566 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 15:37:32 »
<--- *points to avatar*

Is it really that rare to use a trackball for gaming? I tend to use a logitech m570 and have found it pretty useful. Could use a few more buttons but otherwise I've not had a problem.

I don't know if it's actually that rare, or if mouse users who have never used a trackball can't imagine how they would use it. Maybe we are just cool because trackballs for games is fine to us  :D

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #1567 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 15:50:48 »
<--- *points to avatar*

I don't know if it's actually that rare, or if mouse users who have never used a trackball can't imagine how they would use it. Maybe we are just cool because trackballs for games is fine to us  :D

I always get weird looks when people see the m570. It's a lot more useful for flight sim games like elite dangerous than it is for FPS. I do have a logitech g502 as well.
Biking is fun.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1568 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 14:21:09 »
still Logitech G602, its like my end game mouse

Offline Rykno

« Reply #1569 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 19:45:25 »
Liking my Steelseries Rival 500

Offline Dyaems

« Reply #1570 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 01:25:41 »
G502 for me despite it is heavy for my preference. the side grip is amazing though!

perfect shape and weight for my hands would be kinzu v2 pro. sadly i need macros so i have to change to g502.

B.face X2
  65g Zealios

Offline ajx

« Reply #1571 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 05:11:34 »
Agreed G502 fits so well, i tried G900 although grip/ergonomic was pretty good, i find G502 still more relaxing
Ofc its noticeably heavier, it wont fit to cs go player or any players who want lighter mouse

Offline Bucake

« Reply #1572 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 06:43:58 »

well, google pictures of LANs. you'll see dozens, sometimes hundreds of players.. but how many trackballs can you find? :cool:

and maybe you're under-estimating how big the change really is. if you've used mice exclusively for years, especially as a (FPS) gamer, then switching to a trackball is just not gonna happen.
your aim will go from a 8 or 9+ down to a 1 or 2, and it takes weeks, if not months to get to 4 or 5. you will most likely never aim as good as you do with the mouse, it's become as natural as walking. :D

and besides getting used to one, gaming with a trackball is just "not a thing". a young gamer isn't going to consider a trackball, all their pro gamer heros are using mice :cool:
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline Boskr

« Reply #1573 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 09:16:18 »

well, google pictures of LANs. you'll see dozens, sometimes hundreds of players.. but how many trackballs can you find? :cool:

and maybe you're under-estimating how big the change really is. if you've used mice exclusively for years, especially as a (FPS) gamer, then switching to a trackball is just not gonna happen.
your aim will go from a 8 or 9+ down to a 1 or 2, and it takes weeks, if not months to get to 4 or 5. you will most likely never aim as good as you do with the mouse, it's become as natural as walking. :D

and besides getting used to one, gaming with a trackball is just "not a thing". a young gamer isn't going to consider a trackball, all their pro gamer heros are using mice :cool:
Can confirm, as a young person (23), nearly all of my free time has gone to gaming, and I work in a data center. I've never used a trackball mouse in my life. The idea of using one, ESPECIALLY for CS, just doesn't compute.

Not necessarily because they are bad or whatever, just that they stopped being a prominent thing before my time. From the time I had money to even buy a mouse, there was maybe 2 trackball mice even being made. After putting 80+ hours a week on mice for years, it's just too natural to even consider trying anything else.

Sent from my Google Pixel through space technology

Levinson split 40%, Gat Greens, DSA Blank
GH60, Cherry Browns, OEM Granite
Razer BWX TE, Gat Blacks+RGB, DSA Blank, No Logo (522 Solder Joints!!!)
Razer BWX TE, Razer Greens+RGB, All Stock (girlfriend's)
MagicForce 68, Cherry Reds, TaiHao Dasher
Corsair K70, Cherry Reds+RGB, Stock Caps

Ask me about Soldering/Assembly/Other services in NC!

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #1574 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 09:32:12 »
After reviewing ~15 mice, my favorite after many months of continuous use is still the Steelseries Rival 300 Black.

How big are your hands? I have small hands and I actually enjoyed my rival back in the day, kind of thinking about getting another one
Approximately 18.5 x 9.0 cm. I use a palm grip, and I prefer large mice. The SS Rival 300 is actually one of the largest mice currently available, but it is rather narrow at the front.

I am considering trying the Cougar Revenger, which should be good with respect to size, but unless the surface feels better than the Cougar 550M, I would probably not like it.

Offline dante

« Reply #1575 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 11:58:29 »
I'm still rocking a Microsoft WMO I bought from Takasta years ago.  A+.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #1576 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 05:55:25 »
Newly in love with the logitech g203. It has the same shape as the logitech g pro, but costs half of that, and they fixed the mouse wheel click which is now perfect: lighter that the g pro and than the g303.

Offline gallowgeek

« Reply #1577 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 11:17:15 »
My fave mouse by far is the Razer Deathadder. I just like how my hand fits on the mouse perfectly. I like a mouse that is comfortable to use for prolonged periods of time since I use the PC for more than 12 hours a day (work and play).

I have tried Logitech's G502 Proteus Spectrum and I love the free scrolling wheel, but I just don't like the shape of it. It feels awkward. But, I do like that it has a lot of buttons and the aforementioned free-scrolling feature.

Offline lakluster

« Reply #1578 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 18:47:58 »
I have used a rat 7 for the past 6 years.  Only complaint is that some of the exposed metal has started to rust a bit from the inevitable palm sweat.  I've considered upgrading to the wireless version but haven't found a good enough reason to change yet.

Offline mushmouth

• mushmouth (Patrick Lonergan) Personal Site
« Reply #1579 on: Thu, 02 March 2017, 14:58:09 »
1. Logitech Trackman ps/2
2. Logitech Trackman USB
3. Slimeblade

Offline vellocet

« Reply #1580 on: Thu, 02 March 2017, 15:13:31 »
Just ordered a "Ducky M Secret".
Been wanting to try one for a while.

I'm looking for a 1.1 replacement and was fairly pleased with a FK2. But I'm still looking for Omrons and fully separated buttons. Furthermore I'm not a fan of the FK2's 16-step scroll wheel. So the Secret M looks pretty interesting to me and I ordered one too.

Unfortunately my specimen has a rattling sensor which is auch a pain in the ass. After returning I'm waiting now for a replacement.
How is your experience with the Secret M so far?

Offline vulup

« Reply #1581 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 11:17:53 »
Currently using the Logitech G Pro and loving it, both for gaming and general work.

Offline vulup

« Reply #1582 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 11:21:41 »
I have used a rat 7 for the past 6 years.  Only complaint is that some of the exposed metal has started to rust a bit from the inevitable palm sweat.  I've considered upgrading to the wireless version but haven't found a good enough reason to change yet.

Ah, Mad Catz. There aren't enough Canadian companies around in the hardware sector, at least in my opinion :). They also unfortunately filed bankruptcy recently.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #1583 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 00:53:27 »
Currently using the Logitech G Pro and loving it, both for gaming and general work.

G203 is better, at half the price. They look the same. On the g pro the mouse wheel click is way too heavy, practically unusable, while it's light on the g203.

After a month spent using the g203, I can confirm that it's the best mouse that I've ever owned.

165424-0
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 April 2017, 06:23:32 by Giorgio »

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #1584 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 05:22:44 »
Would have to say the mouse I'm currently using, the Xtrfy XG-M2.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #1585 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 06:25:01 »
Wouldn't this thread be really better if everyone posted images of the mouse they're talking of?

If you know nothing about a mouse, just by looking at the picture you can understand if you'll find the shape comfortable.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1586 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 08:00:56 »

G203 is better, at half the price. They look the same. On the g pro the mouse wheel click is way too heavy, practically unusable, while it's light on the g203.

After a month spent using the g203, I can confirm that it's the best mouse that I've ever owned.

(Attachment Link)

the g-pro is a mechanical encoder wheel right ?

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #1587 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 11:22:13 »

(Attachment Link)

yes it is

Offline profanum429

« Reply #1588 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 15:51:38 »
Intellimouse Explorer 3.0. Must of had one for 10 years, excellent CS mouse at the time.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1589 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 00:26:44 »

(Attachment Link)

yes it is

Which encoder who knows, but it doesn't use the GOD scroller, which is ALPS.  Hence that would only be it's downside.

Offline Severe

• HHKB Zealot
« Reply #1590 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 12:12:00 »
Work related stuff (CAD mostly) MX Master

Everything else G900
HHKB Pro 2 Black Lubed 55g
Logitech G502 (Gaming) Logitech MX Master 2 (Day to day)

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #1591 on: Sat, 15 April 2017, 16:02:04 »

Everything else G900

You use that enormous mouse for cad? Are you Shrek? I see cubital and carpal tunnel sindrome in your future :-/

Offline Severe

• HHKB Zealot
« Reply #1592 on: Sat, 15 April 2017, 23:27:47 »

Everything else G900

You use that enormous mouse for cad? Are you Shrek? I see cubital and carpal tunnel sindrome in your future :-/

XL Mechanix gloves are tight on my hands.  :eek:
HHKB Pro 2 Black Lubed 55g
Logitech G502 (Gaming) Logitech MX Master 2 (Day to day)

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #1593 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 05:06:37 »
Intellimouse Explorer 3.0. Must of had one for 10 years, excellent CS mouse at the time.
Aaawww yiiiiss. I had this mouse but it died on me so unfortunately I don't have it any more.
Definitely the go-to CS mouse back when I played.

Also pic of my mouse:

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #1594 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 13:48:04 »
Aaawww yiiiiss. I had this mouse but it died on me so unfortunately I don't have it any more.

Also pic of my mouse:
Show Image

Pic not loading yo.

MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #1595 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 13:50:27 »
Wouldn't this thread be really better if everyone posted images of the mouse they're talking of?

If you know nothing about a mouse, just by looking at the picture you can understand if you'll find the shape comfortable.

But but by only submitting product names and product serial numbers I feel more elitist and knowledgeable!

For instance, I'm now using the 0016100113471243

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #1596 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 15:07:05 »

But but by only submitting product names and product serial numbers I feel more elitist and knowledgeable!

Binary code of my serial number yo!

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #1597 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 06:22:41 »

Also pic of my mouse:
Show Image

Pic not loading yo.

(Attachment Link)
Haha I love that pic. :D
Sorry here's the picture. I tried hotlinking the other one, apparently they didn't like that.

Offline Nexg3nz13

« Reply #1598 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 21:40:01 »
I am a really big fan of the Logitech G403 wireless. I get the same performance as the Zowie FK1. At least I think it's the same. I honestly don't play that intense to notice. It fits my hand well. Mine currently could use a cleaning though.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #1599 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 04:50:33 »

Binary code of my serial number yo!

Better get that tattoed on somewhere, never forget! Mouse = love.