Author Topic: What your fav mouse?  (Read 622714 times)

Offline RobotRogue

• No.
Re: What your fav mouse?
« Reply #1700 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 10:41:44 »
Logitech MX Master. Looks nice at my workspace in the office.

Offline hyperlite218

« Reply #1701 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 18:16:11 »
Currently running a final mouse ultralight pro. Absolutely amazing and it appears as if final mouse finally has their quality control up to par.

Offline quazikun

« Reply #1702 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 18:51:57 »
logitech g600 for most things but also use a zowie ec1-a for FPS and stuff that the logitech is too heavy for my bird arms to move quickly

Offline Pewpew

« Reply #1703 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 20:29:49 »
Logitech G900. Best mouse I've ever used.

Offline JianYang

« Reply #1704 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 04:38:17 »
Just got a Redragon Nothosaur - as far as I can see it is not available in USA or EU, but I got it for $12, and I wanted it only for the PIXART PMW3168 sensor for another project. I am really surprized by how much more I like it than my DeathAdder. The fact that the CPI change button is at a sensible position and that it works without installing Spynapse is great. It also feels a lot better in terms of tracking performance. I don't care much for the LEDs and the build quality is a bit lower than the DeathAdder, but overall I think this is amazing value for the money. 10/10 would buy again.

Offline carnagex9

« Reply #1705 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 11:14:47 »
I have had this anker mouse for quite some time, I honestly love it. Though I may go logitech next time I purchase one.

Offline feedbaack

« Reply #1706 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 12:09:37 »
Still in love with my g502, btw I think my aim doesn't deserve anything better  :-X

Offline imdiedie

« Reply #1707 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 13:29:00 »
didn't know if touch pad is included?

I like the gesture support on Mac

so the trackpad definitely as my best working mouse!

the second is magic mouse lol.

Offline JianYang

« Reply #1708 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 13:34:24 »
didn't know if touch pad is included?

I like the gesture support on Mac

so the trackpad definitely as my best working mouse!

the second is magic mouse lol.

Blasphemy! Next thing you are going to tell us that you like the apple keyboard as well!

Offline NJWootton

« Reply #1709 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 19:25:50 »
Definitely the Logitech G403 Wireless for me, they managed to pack in a great sensor, wireless that out performs wired, and a long battery life at a low cost. Now I only wish I recieved one of the newer ones without the scroll wheel rattle.

Offline giangtran19x

« Reply #1710 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 19:39:20 »
Anything from Zowie, simple is the best (just my opinion)  :D

Offline downtownHippie

« Reply #1711 on: Sun, 12 July 2020, 12:50:05 »
My G903 is double clicking on single click on left. That is why you choose Logitech! They just send you another and do not even have to send back the old one. I urge people not to abuse this and ruin it! Otherwise it is great IMO. I was sure I preferred the G502 until I got used to it. So much lighter is a big deal.

This is a really old post of yours - are you still getting double clicks on the 2nd mouse button?  I'm left handed so MY primary button double clicks occasionally...

Offline hpetrovski

• Osum
« Reply #1712 on: Sun, 12 July 2020, 12:55:30 »
In terms of shape, Logitech G Pro Wireless is the absolute safest and most comfortable ambi shape out there. I was very disappointed by the Razer Viper Ultimate, but Logitech QC is also garbage as of late. I've RND-d both, and I'm using a $30 OEM Finalmouse clone called the E-Shark Naginata with super high end internals and weighs 60 grams, which is the best bang-for-buck mouse out there at the moment. You might find the same mouse rebranded by a bunch of different companies.

Offline vincenttngo1

« Reply #1713 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 19:16:42 »
Played out but I am an avid MX Master 3 user. Its great for video and photo editing which I do frequently for work.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1714 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 21:48:11 »
Logitech G203

Offline downtownHippie

« Reply #1715 on: Sun, 19 July 2020, 10:11:54 »
I just replaced the switches in my G903.  I'm left handed and there aren't a lot of fully-buttoned ambidextrous mice out there...I'm in love with my mouse now.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1716 on: Mon, 20 July 2020, 23:07:01 »
It's come down to me needing a full on traditional mouse replacement as both my pointer and middle fingers are absolutely destroyed. I switched over to clicking with my middle finger for a while since my mouse finger was so painful and swollen, but instead of the pointer finger healing now I just have two wrecked fingers. I can't click anymore.

Anyone have any suggestions? Wrists are fine, but I cannot use my pointer and middle fingers properly any longer without great pain.

Offline jamster

« Reply #1717 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 00:07:43 »
It's come down to me needing a full on traditional mouse replacement as both my pointer and middle fingers are absolutely destroyed. I switched over to clicking with my middle finger for a while since my mouse finger was so painful and swollen, but instead of the pointer finger healing now I just have two wrecked fingers. I can't click anymore.

Anyone have any suggestions? Wrists are fine, but I cannot use my pointer and middle fingers properly any longer without great pain.

You can't do the 'down click' movement only, or can't use those fingers at all?

If you can still use the fingers for other motions, then something like a CST Trackball might work. The thumb and the ring/pinkie are used to actuate the buttons on those things, and pointer/index/ring are used to push the ball around.

Or... left handed mouse?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1718 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 03:32:03 »

If you can still use the fingers for other motions, then something like a CST Trackball might work. The thumb and the ring/pinkie are used to actuate the buttons on those things, and pointer/index/ring are used to push the ball around.

Or... left handed mouse?

yeah I'll probably go with a trackball, they are tried and tested. was looking at the rollermouse too but it seems kinda gimmicky.

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #1719 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 18:54:57 »

Or... left handed mouse?

yeah I'll probably go with a trackball, they are tried and tested. was looking at the rollermouse too but it seems kinda gimmicky.

I'll second that recommendation for the trackball and the thought about the rollermouse being gimmicky. I had a pointing device back in the day that used a similar concept; having any restrictions on physical movement (side-to-side in this case) will cause frustrations with extended/multiple screens or any time you're in a free-movement environment.

If you absolutely need precision on a pointing device, looking into ultra-light mice and thinking about swapping out or modifying the switches to be mushier might be a good alternative. I'm definitely not a fan of Razer products, but their optical switches on the Viper Mini do feel good to use as they are light and soft on the bottom-out.

Offline Olumin

• "Guy walks into a doctor's office..."
« Reply #1720 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 19:06:56 »
I could have sworn I posted here before...

Anyway. I’ve been using a Logitech mx performance for years now.

I have been looking for a suitable replacement, have however yet to find something that matches its button-layout, which I have become very much used to.

The MX Master seems great at first, is however missing 2 buttons to the side, which I always use to mute and open things in new browser tabs. Anyone know of something that fits the bill? 

Offline jamster

« Reply #1721 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 21:24:56 »

Or... left handed mouse?

A couple of other ideas occurred to me- doubled trackballs or mice on either side of the keyboard to spread the load of cursor movement?

Tex Yoda or Tex Shinobi with the integrated trackpoint? The mouse buttons are thumb-actuated, and you can use either thumb rather than the same hand each time.

Offline YESWEKEN

« Reply #1722 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 14:27:42 »
I've been using the latest Microsoft Intellimouse Pro (white shadow) and besides the nostalgia factor, it's an excellent mouse for anyone with larger sized hands.
I only wish they allowed the tail light to not only change colors but also be dimmed as well.

Offline Auslander

« Reply #1723 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 22:01:13 »
Razer Viper
HHKB JP | Realforce 104UB-DK | HHKB Pro 2

Offline Macey

« Reply #1724 on: Wed, 18 November 2020, 00:35:43 »
MY favorite is Logitech prodigy mouse.

Offline DarthChrisDK

« Reply #1725 on: Fri, 20 November 2020, 01:23:58 »
Right now, it's the Logitech G Pro Wireless.

However, I am waiting for my Glorious Model O Wireless to arrive, and it'll be interesting to see if that one surpasses the Logitech.

If I wasn't a gamer, the answer would've been Logitech MX Master 3. ;)

Drop CTRL High Profile + MiTo XDA Canvas

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #1726 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 10:42:21 »
Currently I swap between my G403 Wireless, Model O, Flick G1 (favorite shaped mouse is the G1) at home, I designated my Deathadder w/ Hyperglides to my desk at work.  I'm wanting to snag a Model O Wireless, but might wait to see if they launch the O- or D- as wireless options.  I retired my Scream 1 & 2012 Naga (for now).

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline Crabby

« Reply #1727 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 04:47:33 »
The steelseries rival 100 is still my favorite (and one of the cheapest) mice I've owned. It has a normal shape that my semi-claw grip can use for hours on end without fatigue.
It's also insanely responsive, the optical sensor in this thing really is a treat.

Offline cheater

« Reply #1728 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 18:14:47 »
By far my new-to-me Logitech G600.

Offline moosekeyboards

« Reply #1729 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 09:10:12 »
has anyone experienced the initial 'coating' failing on your mouse?  On my zowie ec2-a, the thing gets oily real quick, and I wash my hands like a germophobe with OCD..  I'm ready to buy a new mouse because of it

Offline Afresh

« Reply #1730 on: Sun, 20 December 2020, 09:30:56 »
Razer viper is pretty decent for me. Was thinking about getting it in white tho.

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #1731 on: Sun, 20 December 2020, 15:38:18 »
has anyone experienced the initial 'coating' failing on your mouse?  On my zowie ec2-a, the thing gets oily real quick, and I wash my hands like a germophobe with OCD..  I'm ready to buy a new mouse because of it

That's the UV coating and there's not much you can do about how your body works since everyone is different. If it's become a problem you could clean the mouse after use (an eraser works good for soaking up oil and removing grime, and clean cloth to remove the loose debris after does the trick) or consider wearing a glove, but there's not much you can do about body chemistry.

Offline yqqdrasil

« Reply #1732 on: Sun, 20 December 2020, 18:52:55 »
I love the Cooler Master MM710 and my pink Zowie S2 Divina.

Offline Symmetrics

« Reply #1733 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 04:25:21 »
I use a MX Master for day to day but discovered a whole new experience for gaming with the Logitech G Pro Wireless.
I'm between a palm and fingertip grip and it's perfect for me personally

Offline jologskyblues

« Reply #1734 on: Thu, 24 December 2020, 22:51:51 »
I'm a long-time G903 user and fan but the G Pro Wireless is making a strong case for me. My gaming accuracy improved in combination with lower sensitivity settings which seem to work best with this mouse.

I do miss the tilt scroll wheel buttons that I map to change tabs on my browser.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1735 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 18:25:55 »
G203

Offline shortdog6

• Casper Keys
« Reply #1736 on: Wed, 20 January 2021, 22:43:41 »
For daily: MX Master 3
For gaming: Corsair m65 (older model, newer model feels more plasticky)

Offline phedd

« Reply #1737 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 11:50:31 »
Been using the G603 since it was released, my second one right now and I have a third unopened for when this one breaks.

Would love a version with upgraded internals or the MX Master with more side buttons.

Can't live without six side buttons now. Forward, back, refresh, close window, view desktop and a macrokey - for normal use and other functions for like Photoshop, Illustrator etc that just switches seamlessly using Logitechs Software.

Offline trace.

• 「ひとりぼっち」「empty4ever」
« Reply #1738 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 07:21:23 »
Out of mice that I can actually use currently? GPX Superlight. Stock feet are really bad, so aftermarket ones are the imo mandatory. If we include mice from all time? The WMO is still my favourite mouse shape.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1739 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 08:27:51 »
So far my Steelseries Sensei 310.  Weight is reasonable, shape is what I like, ambidextrous, and the sensor does not glitch due to my weird tilt slams.  Glossy in the same shape would be nice in the future.

Offline blur410

• Memewhile in World of Tanks...
« Reply #1740 on: Sat, 13 March 2021, 07:12:57 »
Deathadder for me, though I do love my trackballs every once in a while, used them all the time when I was younger. Still own a wireless Logitech trackball as a backup mouse. The Deathadder V2 is the third one I've owned, used the Deathadder Elite for 6-7 years before the usb connection finally started randomly dissipating for whatever reason. And of course I used the original Deathadder as a hand-me-down from my dad at one point. He still uses it to this day I believe.
Keyboard Ownership History: Dynex(Rubber dome chicklet keys)-EXTINCT, Macbook Air 2016(Scissor switch)-ACTIVE, Razer Ornata(Mecha-membrane)-EXTINCT, Corsair K68 RGB(Cherry MX Reds)-RETIRED, Razer Tartarus Pro(Razer optical analog)-RETIRED, Idobao ID-75(NK Creams)-SHELF, HHKB Pro 3 Classic(Topre BKE MX Mount)-ACTIVE, New Model F62(Capacitive buckling springs)-ACTIVE, Realforce 23UB(Topre)-ACTIVE, BM60-RGBEC w/KBDFANS 5 Degree Case(NK BOX Pinks)-SHELF, Focus 2001 (Alps White)-SHELF, Unidentified Vintage MX Black Board-SHELF

Offline shikikaze

« Reply #1741 on: Tue, 16 March 2021, 09:04:56 »
Currently, a Logitech G Pro (wired) with a CeeSA paracord, Corepad Skatez and Kailh GM 8.0 switches. It's been serving me for over four years at this point, with the only thing failing being the Omron microswitches that ship with it.

However, I've recently started considering getting a new mouse, looking at the Pwnage Ultra Custom Wireless Symmetrical (long name lol). Anyone using this mouse? People say it's basically the Zowie S2, just with wireless capabilities. Personally liked the Zowie S2 that one time I tried it at a friend's place, but I'm wondering how the Pwnage holds up against it.

Offline jologskyblues

« Reply #1742 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 01:08:39 »
So I tried the Pro X Superlight but I still prefer the GPW since that weighs just right for me. Neither to light nor too heavy and easier to control for more precise shots.

The Superlight feels hollow because of its size to weight ratio. When I got it, the left mouse button felt loose so I decided to upgrade the switches to GM 8.0s. Since I ruined the stock mouse feet in the process, I installed Corepad skates as well. In the end, I still prefer my GPW overall. I also like the feel and sound of the stock Omrons over the Kailhs.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 April 2021, 21:53:51 by jologskyblues »

Offline LASERman Projects

• Soldering is my native language.
« Reply #1743 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 07:19:29 »
After years with Logitech and couple of months with Razer Baselisk I just recently found Cooler Master MM720.
It is not best one, it doesn't have super features but... the unique shape is amazingly ergonomic for me. It beats all ergo mouses like G502.

Offline sefixmm

« Reply #1744 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 08:11:12 »
After years with Logitech and couple of months with Razer Baselisk I just recently found Cooler Master MM720.
It is not best one, it doesn't have super features but... the unique shape is amazingly ergonomic for me. It beats all ergo mouses like G502.

I do not like the G502, the middle click is a disaster and the wheel is not great at all, I don't understand why people love it?
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 April 2021, 10:41:05 by sefixmm »

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #1745 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 18:53:06 »
Right now I'm in an internal debate on whether to get a G Pro x Superlight or the Model O wireless - I want to move to a light wireless as I'm tired of using wired mice (my boards will remain wired till end of times)

Offline blur410

« Reply #1746 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 13:04:12 »
I think the model o is the one that has a similar shape to the deathadder, which is 15 dollars brand new in the essential form. Its okay to try if you like that shape then purchase the model o and keep the essential as a backup mouse.
Keyboard Ownership History: Dynex(Rubber dome chicklet keys)-EXTINCT, Macbook Air 2016(Scissor switch)-ACTIVE, Razer Ornata(Mecha-membrane)-EXTINCT, Corsair K68 RGB(Cherry MX Reds)-RETIRED, Razer Tartarus Pro(Razer optical analog)-RETIRED, Idobao ID-75(NK Creams)-SHELF, HHKB Pro 3 Classic(Topre BKE MX Mount)-ACTIVE, New Model F62(Capacitive buckling springs)-ACTIVE, Realforce 23UB(Topre)-ACTIVE, BM60-RGBEC w/KBDFANS 5 Degree Case(NK BOX Pinks)-SHELF, Focus 2001 (Alps White)-SHELF, Unidentified Vintage MX Black Board-SHELF

Offline typo

« Reply #1747 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 19:41:04 »
I apologize for cross posting this. I use a G502 Lightspeed or G903 Lightspeed currently. The update to 25,600DPI was a very nice gift indeed. The Viper 8K does not impress me. The reason being, for one I do not enjoy their lack of quality. YMMV. More importantly, No display currently on the market can refresh that fast. Certainly not the high end graphics editing displays that I am using. I do not game at all. I code. A lot. So here comes the cross post. I am hearing that many coders now prefer the MX Master 3. I have been the Track Ball route as well. They seem to prefer it over the MX Ergo too. Anyone have any experience with it?

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #1748 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 10:26:55 »
I think the model o is the one that has a similar shape to the deathadder, which is 15 dollars brand new in the essential form. Its okay to try if you like that shape then purchase the model o and keep the essential as a backup mouse.
That would be the Model D that would share forms w/ the Deathadder (i have a Black Ops 3 edition Deathadder Chroma, decent mouse but about 3-5mm's too big), the model O shares similarities to Zowie's FK & S series mice.  I like the shape but I want it a mouse at 118-121mm length for my comfort/accuracy for hand placement.  The Superlight is closer but I can't be sure unless I try one out (of course I'd rather spend $150 on a GMK cap set but yeah, lol), and I know the Model O-/D- are nearly perfect in size but they need wireless versions (which I'm sure they're in process to being made - I would hope). 
I own too many mice as it is - I have a hardware hoarding issue - DA BO3 Chroma, 2012 Naga,  Zowie EC1-A SE white & Standard, FinalMouse Sream1, Rival 110, MM711, Model O, G403 Wireless, Flick G1 (best shape and size, just needs to be lighter), G502 Proteus Spectrum, Gigabyte DA clone, and my collector piece MSFT Intellimouse v1.1 (this mouse stays packed up in a box in storage).

I would love to find a good work/play trackball, I learned to play the original UnReal on a trackball/KB combo and imo it was amazing that way.  I can understand why many move to a track for productivity/workflow purposes as you're not straining your mouse hand w/ constant movement away from your board/workspace.  Also alot of programs work exceptionally well with them (AutoDesk and Adobe Suite - from my experience). 
I'm sure they could help in coding due to the ability to stick close to your board etc.
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 April 2021, 10:32:01 by Darthbaggins »

Offline blur410

« Reply #1749 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 10:59:33 »
I mean if you like your old deathadder but find it too big, the Deathadder v2 Pro exists. And I would say it meets the criteria precisely.

I should have a ploopy coming soon from Canada, but who knows what kind of customs hell it is lying within that I have yet to be notified of. In the mean time I am using the L-trac as my casual mouse with my Deathadder v2 as backup/gaming mouse. I have only ever learned RTS's with a trackball though so it is nice to have one again so I can replay some of my childhood favorites like Maelstrom, Mech Commander, Lord of the Rings BFME, and of course Warcraft III.

From my experience with an old M570 I do have to say the only real benefit that I have felt ergonomically is the better allowance for larger keyboards on smaller desks, as both less space is needed for your hand to move and you don't have to stretch your arms like a hunchback. That and the fact most trackballs these days are wireless and don't need to be positioned in a particular way.