Author Topic: Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.  (Read 860414 times)

Offline keentom

Re: Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
« Reply #500 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 01:56:03 »
I had 2 profiles. But none of them was recorded since the mouse was not moving at the same speed. I had to lower windows sensitivity mouse.

Offline bastian118

« Reply #501 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 01:17:08 »
LOGITECH  G402 is still not in the List. Any reasons ?  :blank: :blank:

Anyway, I decided i'll order this mouse since it fits my budget, my needs (i play fps games) and my taste. As I heard, it's a good mouse. But I just need to know, what are the Limits/Weakness of G402 (especially in terms of Acceleration/Jitter/Prediction) ??   ;)

Another question :
I use windows 7. Are stuff such as MarkC Acceleration Fix really usefull (supposing the mouse is flawless), or is it just a placebo ?  :eek:

Offline Bucake

« Reply #502 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 13:57:18 »
the markC fix does nothing in 99% of the cases. there are a few older games that forced windows acceleration to be on, and for those cases you could install his fix to change the acceleration curve to be linear, meaning no acceleration even if it was turned on.

did you mean G403?
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline bastian118

« Reply #503 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 03:56:39 »
Thanks to Bucake for answering about MarkC.

Well, I mean G402, not G403, as the verdict on g402 is still pending since 1 or 2 years ago  :-X

About the G402. I am still waiting for some feedback on the mouse. Even though I know that there are already some knowledgeable people that have done in depth reviews on it. I don't like to add mice to the list without people using and testing them at least for a little while. There has to be enough information out there to say anything useful about it.

I have not answered you question yet about the G402 because Logitech is doing something new/different with the sensor, and I wanted to wait until a few people get their hands on it first. Essentially it uses a AM010 sensor. But they do something with it to increase the tracking speeds it can attain. So far, I have heard some positive and negative things.

From some tests however, it shows that people are able to make the sensor malfunction fairly easily, despite the solution that logitech applied. For now I will not add it to the list in this topic......

Planning to make some additions to the guide:
-Thinking about whether or not adding mice using the AM010 sensor such as the G100S and the G402.

What about the G402?

Why isnt g402 on this list?

Since the logitech g402 is stil "in testing phase" .......
........ And one last question, so far how are the opinions about the logitech g402, more positive or more negative?

I wont cry if G402 doesnt deserve to be in the list  ;D :D ;D. I just want to know what are the negative aspects of its sensor.
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 December 2016, 03:58:25 by bastian118 »

Offline Bucake

« Reply #504 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 08:48:15 »
i think they deserve to be on the list. they are "flawless" gaming sensors in the sense that there's no perceivable prediction or acceleration, and perform well enough for gaming for the majority of people.
they are dated by now, though. the AM010 is good, especially the "Gyroscope version", but the new G102 has a better sensor than the G100s, and the 3366 is better than the AM010 + Gyroscope..

nonetheless, they are worthy mentions :-)
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline Coreda

« Reply #505 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 23:49:05 »
Looks like bst has returned from the grave and is considering making another mouse for his Ninox brand.

After all the controversy, delays and complaints over the first mouse people seem to be surprisingly bullish about his next mouse which most are asking to be based on the WMO (physical) design.

Never did understand the intense love for the WMO design. Must be familiarity.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #506 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 13:56:02 »
Quote from: bst
If the samples are good then the mouse could be coming out in mid-late march.

talking dates..
not learned from the aurora? ^-^

imo, again he has not planned it well enough. he went about it a bit too impulsively and without timely considerations.
the mouse itself won't be anything special, his control again seems to be fairly limited.
but whatever, we'll see how it plays out. if nothing goes wrong and there is at least decent quality control, it could be a good mouse.

the WMO thing i guess is because there have not been (m)any ambidextrous mice with a similar size. most ambidextrous mice are really small / thin / round, while the WMO was relatively bulky for an ambidextrous mouse.

edit: i wonder how his disappearance after the release of the aurora will affect the sales of his new mouse.
many people had issues with the aurora, and a lot of them never received a refund, or other support.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 January 2017, 14:11:02 by Bucake »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #508 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 17:34:43 »
Now of course, nothing can surpass the shape of the WMO so the Avior 7000 is still king in my IMHO, but I'd like to contribute that there may be some issues with the Castor, that I share.

Particularly the left mouse button rattles. It is as if the plastic of the button isn't attached strongly enough to the chassis or the switch. I've been googling this as I was extremely annoyed. Every single time you click there is this small rattle / squeak. And it seems that some overclock members report the same.

And it states that actuation force is VERY light, but I find it almost TWICE as hard as my 4 avior 7000's (yeah I'm addicted to em, yes I have 4). But perhaps that's only the castor I own.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline LooCfur

« Reply #509 on: Tue, 17 January 2017, 16:02:47 »
Why aren't PMW 3360 mice like the Nixeus Rivel on this list?

Also, this verification nonsense to post is already old, and this is my first post.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #510 on: Tue, 17 January 2017, 17:34:49 »
Why aren't PMW 3360 mice like the Nixeus Rivel on this list?

Also, this verification nonsense to post is already old, and this is my first post.

Offtopic, but: welcome to GH!

Offline bastian118

« Reply #511 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 04:40:19 »
i think they deserve to be on the list. they are "flawless" gaming sensors in the sense that there's no perceivable prediction or acceleration, and perform well enough for gaming for the majority of people.
they are dated by now, though. the AM010 is good, especially the "Gyroscope version", but the new G102 has a better sensor than the G100s, and the 3366 is better than the AM010 + Gyroscope..

nonetheless, they are worthy mentions :-)

Thank u for your point of view... Btw this is a nice thread.
I just received my G402. It's the first gaming mouse I use, and I alredy feel noticeable difference on accuracy  :))... Really hope I made a reasonable choice.

While awaiting for community's decision on AM010, I'll try it out for some time and will drop here my impressions.

Offline atarione

« Reply #512 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 20:29:58 »
TL:DR

My MLG Sensei finally started to eat it recently and the finish wore off the back making it rather ugly.

after some debate and a going to fry's and finding a rather helpful display of Zowie mice ... I picked up a ZA11 this week...  quite like it so far.. Plug and play ..was sort of surprised to find it doesn't have some big silly software suite..  anyways.. nice palm grip big ol' mouse for my rather large hands

Offline miguel99

« Reply #513 on: Wed, 10 May 2017, 16:20:09 »
There is the extremely interesting russian project, called W-mouse, for modifying some popular AVAGO ADNS-sensor-based mouses with incomparable precision and some other extremely advanced functions.

How to do (based on A4tech X-750 model)
http://tavsar.com/W3-mouse.html

Here russian discussion forum with latest news and firmware & software
https://forums.overclockers.ru/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=330808

use googletranslate to read it if have interest.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #514 on: Wed, 10 May 2017, 17:01:58 »
There is the extremely interesting russian project, called W-mouse, for modifying some popular AVAGO ADNS-sensor-based mouses with incomparable precision and some other extremely advanced functions.

How to do (based on A4tech X-750 model)
http://tavsar.com/W3-mouse.html

Here russian discussion forum with latest news and firmware & software
https://forums.overclockers.ru/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=330808

use googletranslate to read it if have interest.

I still don't understand what they did ?

Offline miguel99

« Reply #515 on: Wed, 10 May 2017, 18:18:08 »
I still don't understand what they did ?

They have made dream mouse.

Offline rasmusx

« Reply #517 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 03:46:35 »
Any reason why Logitech G403 is not on the list? It uses PMW3366 sensor.
It is a great mouse. Nothing really bad to say about it :)

Offline Bucake

« Reply #518 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 09:09:52 »
there hasn't been an update since august, so yeah there's plenty missing

Offline miguel99

« Reply #519 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 10:40:55 »
why is it so great though.. what's changed ?

1. Extreme precision due to more precise assembling
2. Dynamic DPI - adjustable lowering DPI at hand speed-down in the end of movement - for dead shots in RPG; sometimes it was led to ban for cheating.
3. Advanced calibrating features with adoption to surface parameters
4. 6 Profiles for free
5. Free SW for geeks
Here about some settings http://people.overclockers.ru/Walkie/14127/Wcontrol_Programma_nastrojki_W-mouse/
Everybody who have tried it found it the best

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #520 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 11:05:34 »
can you give us some more info about it, such as sensor, shape, weight, etc. also would appreciate some english links if possible

Offline miguel99

« Reply #521 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 11:52:17 »
can you give us some more info about it, such as sensor, shape, weight, etc. also would appreciate some english links if possible

It's only russian project, like C400 and C500 :D
The only Eng link I know
http://www.overclock.net/t/1384108/project-w-mouse (topic created by one of russian pioneers of Wmouse)

You can retrofit any donor with indicated sensors - any shape, any weight..any....any... On overclock You can find  DeathAdder retrofitting story in English.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #522 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 14:25:25 »

2. Dynamic DPI - adjustable lowering DPI at hand speed-down in the end of movement - for dead shots in RPG; sometimes it was led to ban for cheating.
4. 6 Profiles for free
5. Free SW for geeks
Here about some settings http://people.overclockers.ru/Walkie/14127/Wcontrol_Programma_nastrojki_W-mouse/

How does this work though ?

Do mice have focus compensation or is it fixed?

if it's fixed, then the Precision does nothing, because the weight of your hand is enough to change the distance by more than half a millimeter.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #523 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 14:34:12 »

4. 6 Profiles for free
5. Free SW for geeks

if it's fixed, then the Precision does nothing, because the weight of your hand is enough to change the distance by more than half a millimeter.

A quick google search for w-mouse brings up pictures of modded Sentey Rev Pros or clones of the Sentey Rev Pro. ADNS9800 sensor :/

Offline miguel99

« Reply #524 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 14:51:20 »
Sensor has the fixed focus, but mouse producer don't pay too much attention to adjust sensor-lens as exactly as diy-masters, because PCB soldered in automatic lines. The lens, at least it A4tech X-750, IS NOT FIXED (imaging floating lens in fotos). With W-mouse FW you can see picture from sensor.
FOR HAND - Focus is rather analog than digital 1/0 (See everytning/See nothing). So slight unfocusing is not very critical - every sensor has tolerances.
But exact focusing becomes critical in quick sniping in RPGs.

And how work focused and unfocused system You can see in any fotos.

How W-MOUSE works exactly You should asks project W-mouse founders and programmer.
Use links, read them with Googletranslate, DIY and try it yourself.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #525 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 18:13:27 »
Apparently, the list hasn't been updated since the G403 was released.

I agree about the G403. I am using it now, and it's a keeper. I've now tested around 20 mice, and generally I have not liked the Logitech gaming mice. However, the G403 has been on my list for some time, based on recommendations that I've seen on GH and DT, and based on reviews by Rocket Jump Ninja.

Usually, I prefer large mice for my palm grip, and so I hesitated to try the G403 because it was one of the smaller ones on my list. Finally, I gave it a try a few days ago, and I liked it instantly. This surprised me because of its size, but the shape feels just right. Another surprise is that I liked its relatively light weight. Another plus is that the surface does not feel sticky after using it for a while -- a drawback of many mice I have tested. The scroll wheel is also nice and quiet with just the right amount of tactile feedback.

The G403 glide, buttons, lighting, software, and cable are all fine. It has an optional extra 10 gram weight held in place magnetically -- this is okay, but I am either indifferent or negative about extra weights.

I also value aesthetics -- this is the most subjective criterion of all, but I still think the Razer DA Elite is the best-looking mouse. However, I regard the G403 as a close second.

Overall, the G403 is one of the best mice I have tested. It joins my other keepers, which include the Razer DA Elite and SS Rival 300.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #526 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 00:49:56 »

I agree about the G403. I am using it now, and it's a keeper. I've now tested around 20 mice, and generally I have not liked the Logitech gaming mice. However, the G403 has been on my list for some time, based on recommendations that I've seen on GH and DT, and based on reviews by Rocket Jump Ninja.

Usually, I prefer large mice for my palm grip, and so I hesitated to try the G403 because it was one of the smaller ones on my list. Finally, I gave it a try a few days ago, and I liked it instantly. This surprised me because of its size, but the shape feels just right. Another surprise is that I liked its relatively light weight. Another plus is that the surface does not feel sticky after using it for a while -- a drawback of many mice I have tested. The scroll wheel is also nice and quiet with just the right amount of tactile feedback.

The G403 glide, buttons, lighting, software, and cable are all fine. It has an optional extra 10 gram weight held in place magnetically -- this is okay, but I am either indifferent or negative about extra weights.

I also value aesthetics -- this is the most subjective criterion of all, but I still think the Razer DA Elite is the best-looking mouse. However, I regard the G403 as a close second.

Overall, the G403 is one of the best mice I have tested. It joins my other keepers, which include the Razer DA Elite and SS Rival 300.

Rocket Jump Ninja is afaik one of the few people to address tilt slam issues. Just thought I would throw in that fact for folks that have sensor spin out while browsing the web and other mundane tasks like I do. G403 is on my list for sure

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #527 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 01:11:50 »

Rocket Jump Ninja is afaik one of the few people to address tilt slam issues. Just thought I would throw in that fact for folks that have sensor spin out while browsing the web and other mundane tasks like I do. G403 is on my list for sure

It shouldn't JUMP !

It would skip a bit, but I've never seen any longer distance jumps.

Offline keybone

« Reply #528 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 08:00:03 »
Would love to see a mention of wireless gaming mice. Even if it's a statement how useless they are (and I'm not saying they are). I simply know they a thing, and curious to know how they hold up in a game context. Esp wrt to lag, and polling.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #529 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 08:59:30 »
Would love to see a mention of wireless gaming mice. Even if it's a statement how useless they are (and I'm not saying they are). I simply know they a thing, and curious to know how they hold up in a game context. Esp wrt to lag, and polling.

Until the op is updated here is another resource you may or may not want to browse. http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/logitech-g403-review/

That's not the only wireless mouse that Zy reviewed I only posted that as an example. Some reviews are sponsored but from what I've seen and read Zy will find a mouse's weakness if there is one regardless if the video is sponsored or not. Call me a fanboy if you want.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. IIRC from my Quake 1 play/create phase (1998 - Grade 8 ), Zy's Rocket Jump Ninja alt moniker probably refers to a thing people did with the 'rocket launcher' to reach secret areas easier. They (including my older bro) called it 'rocket jumping' well before Quake 3. It's probably an old nickname that adapted well to the newer Quake 3 and Quake Champions with level layouts attuned for the activity.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #530 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 13:55:24 »
So far I'm a big fan on the Zowie EC1-A (have the standard and the Special Edition White), close second would be my Fnatic Flick G1 or my Gigabyte XM300 (Deathadder Clone - uses the same 3988 sensor)

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #531 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 09:40:26 »

For instance, the G403 wireless.. Damm dat mouse is good.

Offline pRopaaNS

« Reply #532 on: Sat, 25 August 2018, 07:48:32 »
Hi, My Logitech G100s mouse button problem is coming to breaking point. I've been patient with it, have opened it up 2 times already to straigthten the spring. It's garbage. Looking to buy new mouse right now.

I think the list needs to specify which Steelseries Rival model. I looked into Steelseries Rival 100 and it have different sensor. (https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-100)

Btw I keep doubleclicking things as I make this post. When I registered just before, it said that username is already taken, because it registered registration button multiple times right there.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #533 on: Sat, 25 August 2018, 09:07:36 »
Hi, My Logitech G100s mouse button problem is coming to breaking point. I've been patient with it, have opened it up 2 times already to straigthten the spring. It's garbage. Looking to buy new mouse right now.

I think the list needs to specify which Steelseries Rival model. I looked into Steelseries Rival 100 and it have different sensor. (https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-100)

Btw I keep doubleclicking things as I make this post. When I registered just before, it said that username is already taken, because it registered registration button multiple times right there.

Solder in a new switch.. G100s is top mouse. !!

Mod thread here.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=81366.0

Offline pRopaaNS

« Reply #534 on: Sat, 25 August 2018, 13:43:52 »
Solder in a new switch.. G100s is top mouse. !!

Mod thread here.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=81366.0
Maybe when I learn soldering. And how and where to get new switches from.

Plugged in my old A4Tech X7. The G100S mouse button stopped responding completely. Now I'm stuck with mouse that have very glitchy mouse wheel and very hard right mouse button. edit: and contact disappearing randomly