Author Topic: [GB] Neuron - Shipping 100% Complete  (Read 56039 times)

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
Re: [GB] Neuron - Shipping 100% Complete
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 22 February 2020, 11:37:09 »
Shipping is 100% complete! Neuron has also been added to QMK, so if you're having issues just pull the newest repo. Please check your shipping boxes for the Golden Ticket, which still hasn't been found, but will yield a complete refund when located. Extras will go on sale in the very near future, after some much needed rest. Plate files for the staggered and ortholinear plates can be found here: https://walletburner.co/pages/neuron-information. If you run into any issues at all, don't hesitate to PM me.

Offline Jahakob

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 22 February 2020, 14:39:26 »
Thank you so much for your work!

I am eagerly awaiting mine :)

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 22 February 2020, 16:25:51 »
Extras are now up on https://walletburner.co/collections/all. Thank you so much to those who participated in the GB. There are some additional extras as replacements for damaged items that may go up later, but for now, this is it. Happy hunting!

Offline mxgian99

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 14:16:36 »
for anyone reading this, Walletburner is a man of his word, thanks for running this awesome promotion, i bought my Neuron on the last day and was one of the last domestic orders shipped, but found the golden ticket. 

Offline MMKB

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 15:52:23 »
for anyone reading this, Walletburner is a man of his word, thanks for running this awesome promotion, i bought my Neuron on the last day and was one of the last domestic orders shipped, but found the golden ticket.

Do you have more pictures of your Neuron? I love how the 6.25u spacebar looks on 40% even though it's off centered.

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 14:59:26 »

Glad you found it!!!! Full refund issued as promised. Have a wonderful day and enjoy your Neuron!

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 14:19:14 »
Extras shipped this morning! That's all packages of all Neurons out! PM me if you didn't get a tracking email or have any issues.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 10:04:52 »
This is a great keyboard, thanks for designing it and running this group buy.

However I have one complaint about my Neuron: I don't like the way the spacebars are split :confused:

You already shared the plate file, so I can easily get my own plate cut for a different layout. But if I had the outline of the PCB, I could make a compatible PCB that supports my desired layout. Obviously I could measure the board and do it myself, but it would be nice to use the same outline if possible. Better still, if you're willing to share the PCB file that would save me quite a bit of work.

Is that something you'd be willing to share, and if so would you be willing to condone a small 3rd-party group buy for them?
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 10:15:26 »
However I have one complaint about my Neuron: I don't like the way the spacebars are split :confused:

it supports full spacebar too if you don't like split..

You already shared the plate file, so I can easily get my own plate cut for a different layout. But if I had the outline of the PCB, I could make a compatible PCB that supports my desired layout. Obviously I could measure the board and do it myself, but it would be nice to use the same outline if possible. Better still, if you're willing to share the PCB file that would save me quite a bit of work.

Is that something you'd be willing to share, and if so would you be willing to condone a small 3rd-party group buy for them?

I'm not interested in sharing the PCB files, but The_Royal has already open-sourced the Schwann, an aftermarket ortho PCB with RGB underglow for Neuron, so I'm sure you can find everything you need to make a Neuron compatible PCB here: https://github.com/TheRoyalSweatshirt/The_Royal_Projects/tree/schwann/PCBs/Schwann_PCB . As long as the port is between Esc and Q and it's smaller than the plate outline it should work.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 17:24:16 »

it supports full spacebar too if you don't like split..

I'm not interested in sharing the PCB files, but The_Royal has already open-sourced the Schwann, an aftermarket ortho PCB with RGB underglow for Neuron, so I'm sure you can find everything you need to make a Neuron compatible PCB here: https://github.com/TheRoyalSweatshirt/The_Royal_Projects/tree/schwann/PCBs/Schwann_PCB . As long as the port is between Esc and Q and it's smaller than the plate outline it should work.

That helps, thank you. My issue with the split is not that it exists, it's just in a bad place for me. I'll fire Up Kicad and see what I can do, or maybe a JD40 works.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline CYFX

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 22:18:45 »
Finally built my Neuron and this thing is great. This is the 3rd 40% Ive ever owned but Ive never really been patient enough to learn the new layout. I really want to try with this one though.

That being said, does anyone have either an image of the default Neuron config layout, or maybe have a config file that I could take a look at and test and then modify to my liking? Before the Neuron GB channel was taken down from the 40% discord a lot of people were sharing their configs and images of their layouts, but I didnt get a chance to pull any of them down.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

« Last Edit: Wed, 01 April 2020, 22:51:57 by CYFX »

Offline That_One_Brodie

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 00:33:51 »
Finally built my Neuron and this thing is great. This is the 3rd 40% Ive ever owned but Ive never really been patient enough to learn the new layout. I really want to try with this one though.

That being said, does anyone have either an image of the default Neuron config layout, or maybe have a config file that I could take a look at and test and then modify to my liking? Before the Neuron GB channel was taken down from the 40% discord a lot of people were sharing their configs and images of their layouts, but I didnt get a chance to pull any of them down.

DM'd you. I have the Default hex file. I can send it to you.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 07:11:17 »

I just put the Via hex on mine. Made it easier to iterate on a layout that I liked.

Offline CYFX

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 20:15:32 »

I just put the Via hex on mine. Made it easier to iterate on a layout that I liked.

Thanks for pointing that out, I just noticed that the Neuron was updated with VIA support. I just flashed the via hex today, took me forever to figure out why VIA did see my Neuron. I just had to install the latest version of VIA and boom there it was.

Ill mess around with the layout and see what suites me best. Was just hoping to find a good base to start with.

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 25 July 2020, 19:40:02 »
Happy with how mine turned out :)

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #65 on: Sat, 25 July 2020, 20:08:20 »
Happy with how mine turned out :)

Show Image

Gorgeous!

I also made the Walletburner Industries Discord today, to form as a central place to discuss my current and future projects and ask for help or find documentation for completed GBs. Come hang out: https://discord.gg/qBs5bRU.