Author Topic: Question  (Read 1465 times)

Offline Longg

Question
« on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 22:55:59 »
I'm trying to find a good overall linear switch.What do you guys think is the best bang for the buck?

( I am currently using Outemu blue 'cuz this is my first keyboard and at that time I didn't know what a good keyboard is. I thought the "gamer" keyboards are good)

Thanks!

Offline cherpalla

Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 23:04:57 »
I think it's mainly personal preference, but I really like TKC Tangerines (light green), Everglide Aqua Kings, Cherry MX Red Silents, Kailh Creams, Cherry MX Speed Silvers, and Durock Alpacas
c h e r

Offline Longg

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 23:13:38 »
I think it's mainly personal preference, but I really like TKC Tangerines (light green), Everglide Aqua Kings, Cherry MX Red Silents, Kailh Creams, Cherry MX Speed Silvers, and Durock Alpacas

Would you say that the tangerines are worth the price?

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 23:15:59 »

I mean, I guess?, you are the judge of that if the extra some percent is worth it.

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 00:59:51 »

I mean, for me, yes, but I also like a lot of different linear switches. I would go on YouTube and find tests of the different switches you are interested in, and after you've narrowed it down, order sample packs or a single (pack of 10) of the types you want to try before investing in the entire set you need for your board.
c h e r

Offline yui

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 09:18:45 »
to me best bang for the buck linear that i tried so far is gateron red (silent if you need it) but also planing to try outemu silent purple soon (even cheaper), gateron has 4 weightings for linear
35g clear (too light for my taste)
45g red (i liked them so stopped there)
50g yellow
60g black
your blues at 55g are right in between yellow and black, although personally i find blue too light and red just right so if you can maybe play around, also quite a few posts seems to agree that yellow is the best weighting.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)