Author Topic: [GB] GMK Necro | Available on Originative.co  (Read 158688 times)

Offline captaincalamari

Re: [GB] GMK Necro | Live at DMKeys.com
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 16:41:56 »
There's no 2u in the space bars kit :(

It wasn't an easy decision to make for me, but I did decide that since I wasn't explicitly supporting Plancks, for cost saving measures (to help make sure the spacebar kit hit MOQ), I forewent 2u spacebars. Hopefully you can understand where I'm coming from :)

Not for the Plank, it's for the Clueboard, it uses two 2u bars as split.

Hopefully when this hits MoQ and gets made, there can be some child sets made to address boards like the Planck and Preonic like they did with GMK 9009.
Some Vim caps for this would be sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jessica

• Formerly CuteDreamsOfYou & Brazzers
  • HHKB is the only good layout
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 21:54:28 »
Some Vim caps for this would be sweet

Not a bad idea :thinking:

Also, updated the numbers in the OP. Almost at 50 sets before the first week is even over. I'm feeling good about this...

Offline captaincalamari

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 12:59:07 »

not sure this is the best place to ask this, but does anyone know where to get this artisan? A Necro colored one would be perfect for this set.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 13:10:27 »
Show Image

not sure this is the best place to ask this, but does anyone know where to get this artisan? A Necro colored one would be perfect for this set.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=85766.0

Offline captaincalamari

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 13:12:57 »
Show Image

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=85766.0
Thanks!

Offline bearz42

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 20:41:02 »
I put my oder in.

Totally in love with this set

Offline johuu

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 01:46:26 »
The set was featured in Top Clack Episode 4/5/18. It starts about on 7:30 min.

« Last Edit: Fri, 06 April 2018, 01:50:53 by johuu »

Offline jessica

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 13:22:14 »
Hello!

Updated the numbers for the last few days. Sorry for the lack of any interaction here, I've been out of town for a couple days visiting a friend visiting from out of the country :)

We're doing well so far, and there's always a lull towards the middle of a GB but I'm still gonna push this set on reddit and IG, and any other avenues you guys think would be worth pushing on ;)

Thanks for all the wonderful support so far, I appreciate it a lot

Offline johuu

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 15:30:34 »
Hello!

Updated the numbers for the last few days. Sorry for the lack of any interaction here, I've been out of town for a couple days visiting a friend visiting from out of the country :)

We're doing well so far, and there's always a lull towards the middle of a GB but I'm still gonna push this set on reddit and IG, and any other avenues you guys think would be worth pushing on ;)

Thanks for all the wonderful support so far, I appreciate it a lot

Massdrop community section maybe?

Offline OnceSavedGaming

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 05:54:39 »
Is the combined ordered with both proxies?  I want to see this set make it!

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Offline jessica

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 15:08:59 »
Is the combined ordered with both proxies?  I want to see this set make it!

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Yes it's from both but I only get like weekly updates from my EU proxy and haven't gotten an update in a few days from Asia so take it with a medium sized grain of salt :P

Offline jessica

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 15:10:14 »
Also, announcing it here since I got permission to:

Brocaps will be making artisans to match Necro. Some lucky orders will get a free Kep in their order!

I'll be working with him closely the next couple weeks and keep you all posted ;)

Offline johuu

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 15:23:56 »

Brocaps will be making artisans to match Necro. Some lucky orders will get a free Kep in their order!

I'll be working with him closely the next couple weeks and keep you all posted ;)

Is this for CONUS orders only?

Offline jessica

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 15:25:42 »

Is this for CONUS orders only?

I'm gonna get in touch with my proxys tonight and tell them to advertise it as well :)

Offline azachhh

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 16:13:50 »

Oh man, oh man!!!

Offline Nzo

• wish I was back in CA
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 17:45:40 »
Registered just to say I'm in!! Got a board picked out for this and will get me a cable once I know its production. Love the colors!

Offline captaincalamari

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 21:38:38 »

Well now I'm starting to think about buying more than one set just to up my chances...

Offline gnunin

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 01:47:35 »
How are the numbers looking Brazzers?  :)

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 12:08:50 »
I wanted to get this set, but lack of MiniVan support makes it completely useless for me :/ it won't even fit my 60% as the 200 spacebar was deliberately left out...

Offline jessica

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 13:33:14 »
How are the numbers looking Brazzers?  :)

I'm not at home until about 10pm PST tonight, but I will update the numbers ASAP! :)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 13:43:05 »
I wanted to get this set, but lack of MiniVan support makes it completely useless for me :/ it won't even fit my 60% as the 200 spacebar was deliberately left out...

The Minivan is a really niche layout, barely anyone uses it. Makes sense to exclude every layout, and only hit the major ones, especially when the USD/EUR is a bit ****.

Offline urbantheii

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 14:43:38 »
Loving this set, I am super excited that I might finally have a full GMK keyset that will support my ultimate hacking keyboard.

Offline razor_blade

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 15:18:28 »
This is going to look so amazing on my TGR-Alice! I can't wait!

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 15:56:39 »

after supporting and crusading for hub in the forums this is disheartening to see...not because it is well outside the lines of gb etiquette or because these types of concerns are better suited for the ic process...but because for someone with a project in the air whom one would think understands the struggle of producing any thing in this community i would hope to not see negative energy vibes dumped onto an active endeavor...positive encouragement or a necro hub runback tossup would have been classy

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 19:09:07 »

I think I am cancelling my kickstarter pledge for the Hub...

Offline azachhh

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 19:49:01 »

C’mon now...leave the negativity at home. The MiniVan isn’t the only type of keyboard available...so you could build another board & choose to put Necro on it.
I agree with jimirolln - this is a comment that would’ve been suitable for the IC thread...not the GB thread where Brazzers is trying to hit a goal just like you are.

Peace on Earth GH

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 21:31:02 »

after supporting and crusading for hub in the forums this is disheartening to see...not because it is well outside the lines of gb etiquette or because these types of concerns are better suited for the ic process...but because for someone with a project in the air whom one would think understands the struggle of producing any thing in this community i would hope to not see negative energy vibes dumped onto an active endeavor...positive encouragement or a necro hub runback tossup would have been classy

I think I am cancelling my kickstarter pledge for the Hub...

C’mon now...leave the negativity at home. The MiniVan isn’t the only type of keyboard available...so you could build another board & choose to put Necro on it.
I agree with jimirolln - this is a comment that would’ve been suitable for the IC thread...not the GB thread where Brazzers is trying to hit a goal just like you are.

Peace on Earth GH

ah sorry, yeah it is hard to get something produced. I didn't mean to come off as negative as I did. Was more just frustrated as I really like the set and wanted to put it on my board. I do wish the best to Brazzers and hope it succeeds.

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #77 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 21:32:14 »

Peace on Earth GH

agree

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 23:32:56 »

Completely useless? LOL... Just like HUB keycaps are completely useless for my HHKB layout because it lacks a R3 175U Control.

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 23:37:06 »

Completely useless? LOL... Just like HUB keycaps are completely useless for my HHKB layout because it lacks a R3 175U Control.

Correct legends is not the same as correct profile. Like I said earlier, I came off way more negative than I intended and for that I am truly sorry.

Brazzers, best of luck with this gb, I might get in on some novelties.

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 09:50:28 »

Correct legends is not the same as correct profile. Like I said earlier, I came off way more negative than I intended and for that I am truly sorry.

Man this is some backlash. We should all be trying to support both of these GB's. HuB and Necro both need to get made. Maybe after Necro meets MoQ, Evan could get together with Brazzers and put out a 40's kit like the one for GMK 9009. That would be a great way to fill in the gaps for some of the smaller boards.  :thumb:

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 10:04:58 »

Man this is some backlash. We should all be trying to support both of these GB's. HuB and Necro both need to get made. Maybe after Necro meets MoQ, Evan could get together with Brazzers and put out a 40's kit like the one for GMK 9009. That would be a great way to fill in the gaps for some of the smaller boards.  :thumb:

Way to inject some sanity into this thread.  I agree totally, with the sentiment and the solution.

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #82 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 10:09:49 »

Way to inject some sanity into this thread.  I agree totally, with the sentiment and the solution.

Less bickering and more support for our community.  ;)

Offline azachhh

« Reply #83 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 11:46:15 »

Less bickering and more support for our community.  ;)

Yes!! Bickering gets us nothing except bad moods & empty boards!

Offline jessica

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 17:18:47 »
Hi everyone, updated the OP with numbers. We're officially past 70 set sold :) Thanks for all the support so far!!

And also I'm very sorry for the delay on this, I was supposed to get home last night but car trouble kept me about a day extra. Thanks for your patience.

Also I'm glad there was civil discourse while I was gone.
@evangs I'd totally be down to work together to do something similar to the 9009 40's kit in the future, because I do think tiny keebs are cute <3

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #85 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 20:02:55 »
Hi everyone, updated the OP with numbers. We're officially past 70 set sold :) Thanks for all the support so far!!

And also I'm very sorry for the delay on this, I was supposed to get home last night but car trouble kept me about a day extra. Thanks for your patience.

@evangs I'd totally be down to work together to do something similar to the 9009 40's kit in the future, because I do think tiny keebs are cute <3

This would be awesome. I'm about to drop in and buy from the GB. Just sorting some funds for all these buys happening right now.  :p

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 20:40:10 »

I would love to do this! do you know if adding a kit on a custom color order is still only 100 units?

Offline jessica

« Reply #87 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 21:06:29 »

I would love to do this! do you know if adding a kit on a custom color order is still only 100 units?
No clue, we can cross that bridge when it comes :)

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 22:09:26 »

No clue, we can cross that bridge when it comes :)

gotcha, well it only really matters if ordered at the same time otherwise it will need to be a full order.

Offline johuu

« Reply #89 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 16:02:40 »
How about to extend the GB phase as long as it necessary to hit MOQ for base kits?

Offline jessica

« Reply #90 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 16:41:56 »
How about to extend the GB phase as long as it necessary to hit MOQ for base kits?

With the pacing we're seeing, this is looking like it will be the case :) If it takes 6 weeks, I think that's worth it.

Updated numbers in OP as well :)

Side note: Number updates will be semi-inconsistent in the next few days, my boyfriend is in the hospital and I'm spending as much time with him as I can.
Thank you all for understanding.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #91 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 16:42:57 »
With the pacing we're seeing, this is looking like it will be the case :) If it takes 6 weeks, I think that's worth it.

Side note: Number updates will be semi-inconsistent in the next few days, my boyfriend is in the hospital and I'm spending as much time with him as I can.

Best wishes to both of you :-*

Offline captaincalamari

« Reply #92 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 16:45:15 »
I agree that it should be extended. This is honestly the best looking keyset I've seen and it would be a shame for it to not get made.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #93 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 18:11:37 »

I bought in and would also be ok with leaving it open until moq hits

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline txclack

« Reply #94 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 18:51:47 »
Same, I bought in and would be willing to wait extra time until MOQ is hit.  Let's make this set happen!

Offline ptiede

« Reply #95 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 19:21:40 »
Same with me! I really want this to succeed.

Offline gnunin

« Reply #96 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 01:55:55 »
This set needs to come life. Leave it open :)

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #97 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 06:06:28 »
pls let it run longer till it hits! I wonder if any distributors/stores would be interested in grabbing a bunch to sell....

Offline Nzo

• wish I was back in CA
« Reply #98 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 11:25:27 »
Extending it would be great if needed, but I’m concerned with the lack of promotion. What exactly is the plan to hit MOQ?

Offline captaincalamari

« Reply #99 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 11:43:44 »
Extending it would be great if needed, but I’m concerned with the lack of promotion. What exactly is the plan to hit MOQ?
I assume that's what the custom cable and Brocaps artisan is for? Hopefully we get more info on those in the next few days.