Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 766558 times)

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #3250 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 12:56:51 »
Anybody else still waiting? I've never pm'd Yuktsi about it, just gone with the assumption it will show up when it shows up. Maybe it would be wise to do so =S

Yes, I'm also waiting for my two orders to come in. I've pm'd Yuktsi on Feb 1st and she replied on Feb 11th, that she could most likely have my order fulfilled the same week. I haven't heard from her since.

Ok that's slightly reassuring haha. Not that it matters but I'm pretty sure Yuktsi is male, hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer!

Offline h3xadat

« Reply #3251 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 13:05:13 »
Anybody else still waiting? I've never pm'd Yuktsi about it, just gone with the assumption it will show up when it shows up. Maybe it would be wise to do so =S

Yes, I'm also waiting for my two orders to come in. I've pm'd Yuktsi on Feb 1st and she replied on Feb 11th, that she could most likely have my order fulfilled the same week. I haven't heard from her since.

Ok that's slightly reassuring haha. Not that it matters but I'm pretty sure Yuktsi is male, hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer!

I hope my mistake doesn't matter.  That was not meant to be disrespectful.

Offline U47

« Reply #3252 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 01:25:16 »

Still waiting. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if I ever see anything. The closer to the end you are, the higher the likelihood of any of money, parts, or manpower being exhausted.

« Reply #3253 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 12:16:40 »

Still waiting. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if I ever see anything. The closer to the end you are, the higher the likelihood of any of money, parts, or manpower being exhausted.

Unfortunately very true =[

Offline trimetric

« Reply #3254 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 13:44:28 »
Yep, I'm still waiting on my kit as well.   :-X

Offline U47

« Reply #3255 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 10:52:56 »
I believe the only ones still not fulfilled are international orders, but I could be wrong on that.

Offline trimetric

« Reply #3256 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 20:40:13 »
I'm in Washington state in the US, does that count as international for this GB?

Offline alexfry

« Reply #3257 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 03:12:38 »
Well...

Mine was sent to the billing address (which has long since changed), not the shipping address (which hasn’t changed since I placed the order).

It was sent with no warning or notification, then returned to the shipping depot, then returned to the sender, then “DESTROYED”.

It’s been over 4 weeks since my last reply from yuksi.

I’ll be honest, I’m starting to lose the faith a bit.

Offline Helldrop

« Reply #3258 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 04:41:32 »
My bottom has had some cracks, so I’m looking for either PC or Alu bottom. 
If anyone has an extra, hit me up pls.

« Reply #3259 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 14:50:31 »
Just checking in if any more have been received recently? Not expecting anything obviously

Offline gbgwang

« Reply #3260 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 18:55:09 »
Do you have a third groupbuy plan in 2019

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #3261 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 19:08:26 »
Just checking in if any more have been received recently? Not expecting anything obviously

I reached out to yuktsi and he found and shipped my boards. Tracking has been showing that it's currently awaiting shipment, might be tied up with all the Jane v2/CE stuff right now.

« Reply #3262 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 08:02:51 »
=O that's a pleasant surprise. I hadn't bothered contacting yuktsi yet as I just assumed he will get round to it when he gets round to it. Yeh I imagine Jane is taking up the bulk of his time, sounds like it may be worth dropping him a message to set things in motion though.

Offline U47

« Reply #3263 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 15:16:50 »
it may be worth dropping him a message to set things in motion though.
Let us know if you get any traction.

Offline fuzzbomb

« Reply #3264 on: Mon, 27 May 2019, 11:55:32 »
I've decided to sell my built pink Exent. Posted on /r/mm but thought I'd mention it here.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #3265 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 12:44:10 »
Is there any way for me to get a new pcb for this thing? Mine died, and the zeal 65 pcbs are gone.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #3266 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 13:29:54 »
I could use a new PCB too. I'm currently about 1/3 through desoldering switches on mine and have already mangled a pad. I figured I'd make a rookie mistake like that, which is why I bought two PCBs when I placed my Exent order, but they only shipped me one. I know there was a fanmade ortholinear PCB in the works, but I haven't heard any news of that in nearly ten months so I assume that project is dead.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3267 on: Sat, 29 June 2019, 02:43:26 »

still waiting on mine, looking forward to it, have built a couple for people and its a cool little board in person
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

« Reply #3268 on: Fri, 19 July 2019, 09:07:43 »
it may be worth dropping him a message to set things in motion though.
Let us know if you get any traction.

I forgot to message him but I'll do so now and let you know if I hear anything.

still waiting on mine, looking forward to it, have built a couple for people and its a cool little board in person

Yeh, I think I'll be pleasantly surprised if/when it comes. Apparently the ano is v.nice

Offline nephlock

« Reply #3269 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 22:59:24 »
does anyone happen to have the plate files for this board? looking to get an extra made

Offline EMC Labs

« Reply #3270 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 23:47:54 »
does anyone happen to have the plate files for this board? looking to get an extra made

Out of curiosity, how would you go about getting an extra made?

Offline nephlock

« Reply #3271 on: Sun, 21 July 2019, 00:08:14 »

there are a few companies that will laser cut a plate from (laserboost, etc.). I'd like to try and find a place that can do a polycarb plate, but worst case scenario an easy option is to laser cut it out of acrylic.

Offline Mekuno

« Reply #3272 on: Mon, 22 July 2019, 10:42:32 »

there are a few companies that will laser cut a plate from (laserboost, etc.). I'd like to try and find a place that can do a polycarb plate, but worst case scenario an easy option is to laser cut it out of acrylic.

I see you picked up an exent, it's one of my fav boards and very underrated. Let me know if you also find the plate file as I want to try to make a PC plate as well.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #3273 on: Mon, 22 July 2019, 11:20:14 »

...Let me know if you also find the plate file as I want to try to make a PC plate as well.

It might be a long shot, but you could try messaging RAMA and see if he'll share. Considering how much of a mess this GB has been maybe he'll be nice and give a file so we can get a few made. Juahenza probably has the file too but I'm sure we won't be able to contact him. Yuktsi is also an option but I doubt he has any files and he seems to be pretty hit-or-miss on replies, judging by what I've seen here.

Is there a way to "scan" and existing plate and recreate a file? I plan to desolder my board to make some modifications, so I could have my plate scanned then if such a thing exists. It'll be a few months before I finish desoldering my board though.

Offline EMC Labs

« Reply #3274 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 02:52:14 »

Oh, okay. Thank you!

Offline nephlock

« Reply #3275 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 11:01:01 »
I was able to get in contact with Yuktsi and obtain both the plate and PCB files. He's given me permission to spread the love!

I've uploaded them HERE

PCB thickness is 1.6mm
Plate is 1.5mm

Offline Mekuno

« Reply #3276 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 11:29:56 »
I was able to get in contact with Yuktsi and obtain both the plate and PCB files. He's given me permission to spread the love!

I've uploaded them HERE

PCB thickness is 1.6mm
Plate is 1.5mm

NOICE! Now I can have myself a new plate :)

Thanks!

Offline nephlock

« Reply #3277 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 11:32:39 »

I've uploaded them HERE

PCB thickness is 1.6mm
Plate is 1.5mm

Thanks!

Of course! Im trying to find somewhere to get a Polycarb plate cut for mine. If i happen to find one i may do a quick little GB for them if anybody is interested

Offline Mekuno

« Reply #3278 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 11:36:29 »

I've uploaded them HERE

PCB thickness is 1.6mm
Plate is 1.5mm

Thanks!

Of course! Im trying to find somewhere to get a Polycarb plate cut for mine. If i happen to find one i may do a quick little GB for them if anybody is interested

Yeah I am currently looking out a solution for one as well, Let me know the details if you find anything about PC plate  :thumb:

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #3279 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 13:41:57 »

I've uploaded them HERE

PCB thickness is 1.6mm
Plate is 1.5mm

The PCB file appears almost entirely useless, i.e. it doesn't seem possible for us to get a PCB made from the provided DWG file. Can we get Yuktsi to give us the complete PCB project files so that we can have our own made?

I'd love this, because currently my exent has been sitting dead in the water for the past 8 months because the PCB up and died totally randomly.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 July 2019, 13:46:49 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #3280 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 02:15:00 »

I've uploaded them HERE

PCB thickness is 1.6mm
Plate is 1.5mm

Thanks!

Would be interested in PC plate

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #3281 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 08:49:01 »
Also keen on PC plate. Then I'd just need a new PCB.  :blank:

Offline Riba

« Reply #3282 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 12:13:37 »
I'd be also *very* interested to get the project files for PCB and also willing to put my money where my mouth is and finance the production of another batch.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #3283 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 14:16:45 »
I'd be also *very* interested to get the project files for PCB and also willing to put my money where my mouth is and finance the production of another batch.

Same. I'd certainly chip in if someone wanted to do a GB.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #3284 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 15:27:11 »
I've been seeing TGR-910s being used with EXENT-branded PCBs. It seems the EXENT's fits the 910. I'd wager that the inverse is also true!

An interest check for 910 PCBs just went up. https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=101897.msg2794761.msg#2794761

Offline Riba

« Reply #3285 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 06:45:15 »
I've been seeing TGR-910s being used with EXENT-branded PCBs. It seems the EXENT's fits the 910. I'd wager that the inverse is also true!

An interest check for 910 PCBs just went up. https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=101897.msg2794761.msg#2794761

Thanks for the heads up! Too bad it does not support split space but I may go for it just as a backup.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #3286 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 12:52:21 »
For anyone else picking that PCB up, what do you guys plan to do about this notch? The plate beneath will be empty, so the PCB will be visible unless you slap some kind of sticker on the plate or something. Pretty sure the TGR-910 plate won't fit in the Exent, right?

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #3287 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 13:00:25 »
For anyone else picking that PCB up, what do you guys plan to do about this notch? The plate beneath will be empty, so the PCB will be visible unless you slap some kind of sticker on the plate or something. Pretty sure the TGR-910 plate won't fit in the Exent, right?

Show Image

Yeah, it looks like EXENT users may be out of luck due to (1) the upper right corner blocker, (2) the 0.5u blocker next to the arrows.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #3288 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 14:15:39 »
It shouldn't be hard to get a fake key or something for that upper right blocker. But that 0.5u blocker next to the arrow keys will definitely take some creativity to overcome, yep.

Offline Riba

« Reply #3289 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 13:46:46 »
Folks,

At this point I am seriously considering resorting to one of the PCB reverse engineering services to generate the data required for production of clones, so to say. I am sure it will not be cheap, but I am willing to give it a shot as I've had some experience with it in the past. What I need though is an existing PCB from someone, ideally a non working one but one that did work at some point (as we don't want to recreate PCB from the one with the manufacturing defect), so component failure is preferred. I wouldn't want to sacrifice a working one but it it comes to that I will - mine. If anyone has a non working one to donate I would repay by exchanging it for a new working one if we ever reach a production run.
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 August 2019, 13:49:03 by Riba »

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #3290 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 13:53:50 »
Is EXENT the only 65% PCB that supports the GOAT 1.5, 1, 1.5, 7, 1.5, 1, 1.5, 1 bottom row?

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline Traveler

« Reply #3291 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 15:13:37 »
Folks,

At this point I am seriously considering resorting to one of the PCB reverse engineering services to generate the data required for production of clones, so to say. I am sure it will not be cheap, but I am willing to give it a shot as I've had some experience with it in the past. What I need though is an existing PCB from someone, ideally a non working one but one that did work at some point (as we don't want to recreate PCB from the one with the manufacturing defect), so component failure is preferred. I wouldn't want to sacrifice a working one but it it comes to that I will - mine. If anyone has a non working one to donate I would repay by exchanging it for a new working one if we ever reach a production run.

You might want to try reaching out to PancakeMSTR. His PCB used to work, but it's dead now.

Let me know how that reverse-engineering project goes, especially if it's something you're going to be doing soon. I'm assuming you've taken a look at the PCB files Yuktsi shared with nephlock? My PCB is mostly functional but it's not in the greatest of shape and I'd really love a spare or two.

Would your version be running QMK or bootmapper? Any chance of underglow LEDs?

Offline Riba

« Reply #3292 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 15:33:50 »
You might want to try reaching out to PancakeMSTR. His PCB used to work, but it's dead now.

Let me know how that reverse-engineering project goes, especially if it's something you're going to be doing soon. I'm assuming you've taken a look at the PCB files Yuktsi shared with nephlock? My PCB is mostly functional but it's not in the greatest of shape and I'd really love a spare or two.

Thanks for the tip, I will try to get in touch with PancakeMSTR. I am planning to move on with it as soon as I get the suitable PCB in my hands. PCB files shared previously are useless for this purpose as someone already noticed. I am not planning any changes to the original design, it will be 1:1 copy, but once I get all the files from the physical PCB and that should include circuit layers, netlist and schematic I will share them with the community for everyone to use them as they please.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #3293 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 00:41:17 »

Thanks for the tip, I will try to get in touch with PancakeMSTR. I am planning to move on with it as soon as I get the suitable PCB in my hands. PCB files shared previously are useless for this purpose as someone already noticed. I am not planning any changes to the original design, it will be 1:1 copy, but once I get all the files from the physical PCB and that should include circuit layers, netlist and schematic I will share them with the community for everyone to use them as they please.

It's yours. Send me your details and I'll send it to you.

Offline Riba

« Reply #3294 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 00:48:25 »
It's yours. Send me your details and I'll send it to you.

Fantastic news! :) I'll get in touch via PM.

Offline quadcube

« Reply #3295 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 23:01:56 »

Same. I'd certainly chip in if someone wanted to do a GB.

I can run a small batch if you need it. might take a week or two though as I need to troubleshoot my own Exent PCB, accidentally "killed" it when I was doing some routine cleaning. I checked the power side and it is fine but I need to find out why the MCU failed to initialize, worst case changing the MCU and XTAL. Do let me know how your board failed, it may be a trivial fix in most cases.

Yeap, Exent and 910 share the exact design (electrical and mechanical layout).

Offline quadcube

« Reply #3296 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 23:39:30 »
My W,S,Z, and L Alt keys have stopped working on my Exent for no apparent reason. Anyone have any advice on how to fix?

My W,S,Z, and L Alt keys have stopped working on my Exent for no apparent reason. Anyone have any advice on how to fix?

You might want to check your microcontroller and see if all of the connections look good. Several people have had issues with the microcontroller not being soldered very well. Here is a helpful place to start. It's a comment containing a diagram of the microcontroller pins, and some of the following comments contain details of what other people have had to do.

I'm not very familiar with troubleshooting stuff like this, so sorry that I can't be of more help. But hopefully that will get you started and maybe someone smarter than me can chime in.

Doesn't seem to be the issue.

I had this issue on a previous keyboard (not an Exent), and the problem was that a slightly misaligned diode needed to be resoldered. When I was looking at the diodes it wasn't very obvious at all, as the misalignment was very minor, so I felt like I was guessing. Turned out to be right.

I'm wondering if I have a blown diode or something. All my diodes look good, though.

I've been tracing leads (checking continuity), and I've attached an image of what I've come up with so far. Can anyone tell me where the path should go next (from the question mark)?

BTW green indicates good continuity, while red indicates no continuity.
The red line right the question mark on the top left, they are on different row (row3, row4). but if the red line that you traced out (row3) to the via (row3) isn't present, then there's a problem.
if row3's signal is missing, you should lose "2", "W", "S", "Z", "L Alt" and the 2nd key from top of the last row on the right (from top view).
if you lost all the key as mentioned above, then there's a problem with that row. but if u lost just  "2", "W", "S", "Z", "L Alt" , then the fix is simple

Offline Riba

« Reply #3297 on: Sat, 17 August 2019, 00:38:53 »
Hey quadcube, thanks for chiming in! Last night I sent you a PM on that other site, hope you have seen it. Let me know what you think.

I think there are quite a few people interested in extra boards and/or improving it, including me.
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 August 2019, 00:40:27 by Riba »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3298 on: Tue, 20 August 2019, 16:15:06 »
how is this getting on yuksi, still super excited to get this board, thanks for all the hard work
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #3299 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 09:50:50 »
I can run a small batch if you need it. might take a week or two though as I need to troubleshoot my own Exent PCB, accidentally "killed" it when I was doing some routine cleaning. I checked the power side and it is fine but I need to find out why the MCU failed to initialize, worst case changing the MCU and XTAL. Do let me know how your board failed, it may be a trivial fix in most cases.

Did you ever end up thinking about this?  I'm interested in 2 PCBs at least, especially if they'd be QMK and NOT BMC
"Resellers don't kill the community, auctioneers kill the community. Look at what happened to Diablo 3"