Author Topic: [IC] ePBT Rin | GB 3/11 - 4/11 | Pricing, Collab Previews & Deskmat Samples!  (Read 55311 times)

Offline Jennisaurus

ePBT Rin
♫And it's a long way forward, so trust in me~♫

Group Buy: March 11 - April 11 2022

GB IS LIVE!! GB Thread Here!
More
Welcome to the IC post for my very first set, ePBT Rin!

The Inspiration
This set was inspired by the colours of the main character of an anime-style music video, for one of my favourite songs (Shelter), by two of my favourite artists (Porter Robinson & Madeon)!
More
I wanted the set to capture her hair, dress and room with the light & dark pink alphas and mods, while the accent of blue captures the pale, empty sky that usually surrounds her. This is my first set, but I really wanted to make sure I do the inspiration justice and create something for anyone who is a fan of the character, song, artist or just the colours themselves.
P.S. Porter fans will know that today is a very special day, so I wanted to post my IC today in honour of Nurture’s release!

I am open to all kinds of feedback and will make changes and adjustments based on what I get in the Interest Check Form, so I would really appreciate it if you had some time to fill it out ^-^

Interest Check Form Here!
Join My Discord for Updates!

Colors:
Disclaimer: All kit/render images are approximations of the colours irl and will show up differently on different monitors. The final products may differ slightly from the rendered images but the Pantone codes are provided below to show the colours used.

Here are the updated pics of the actual Pantone chips (taken in studio lighting)!

More pics of the chips in outdoor/natural lighting are below
More

Alphas: Pantone 705C*
Alpha Legends: Pantone 702C*
Mods: Pantone 702C*
Mod Legends: Pantone 705C*
Accent: Pantone 2707C*
Accent Legends: Pantone 2767C*

*I have converted from uncoated (UC) to coated (C) Pantones now, so I will be updating the board and kit renders to reflect the coated colours better!

Kits:
NOTE: The sublegends in Base kit has been changed to a slightly different font, that is not as thin as the previous renders! This is the font that will be submitted to ePBT

Updated Base Kit
*Note: I’ve included basic ISO support in the base kit and included UK ISO in the Latin alt alphas kit

Updated Latin Alt Alphas Kit
*Note: I’ve included basic ISO support in the base kit and included UK ISO in the Latin alt alphas kit

NEW NorDe Alt Alphas Kit
*Note: I’ve included support for Swedish, Finnish, German, Danish and Norwegian in this kit.

Novelties Kit

*All of the artwork for these novelties are original images drawn by either myself or the artists I had commissioned!

Numpad Kit

40s Kit

Updated Spacebars Kit and Minibars Kit (2 separate kits)

Renders:

Saka68 by CMM.Studio

More

Dino104 by nFaiz

More

Tilted40 by Swishy

More

Iron165 FE by Smith + Rune
Rendered by Oggi (using the old colours)

More

Deskmats:

I have also taken feedback for the deskmat designs into account and I am combining the current version for the one that has Rin in it and the previous version, to get this version below! Let me know if you would prefer the new version or not in the updated IC form :) I will stick with the new version unless I have comments saying to revert to the previous blue background version!

NEW Rin's World

NEW Rin’s Room - Pink

NEW Virtual Landscape

Drawn by my friend @azyria.doodles

Samples of the deskmats came in! Pictures (the lighting is not very great unfortunately) are below. I will be changing the stitching for Rin's Room to a light pink, but aside from that I am very happy with how these turned out!
More
NEW Rin's World

NEW Rin’s Room - Pink

NEW Virtual Landscape

Collabs:
A HUGE thank you to the following confirmed artisan and cable collaborations for ePBT Rin (and a few more may be added!) Will be updated to show the designs once I get them finalized!

Asero Foundry

Monokei

StayWired Cables (Info about custom aviator colour to come!)

MelonKeys (DELAYED until ~June 2022)

Bowbie Keycaps

Keyzen Caps

Enso Keycaps

Froueloop

SURPRISE COLLAB - Cantoclicks!
I could not resist having a Rin Bear BaoBao collab!

Y-CP Keyboards
Below is the design for the sleeve collab with Y-CP Keyboards (one side is the blue/bear and the other side is the pink/Rin)!

ALSO there will be a STICKER with every Base kit purchase of ePBT Rin on ApexKeyboards! I have also gotten interest from Mekibo, proto[Typist] and StacksKB to offer the sticker as well! More details TBA.

See below for the sticker samples!
More

The adorable artwork is by alesetiawan!
Sticker design is by my amazing friend Jess!

I currently have enough collabs for the launch but if you are interested in a collab with ePBT Rin for after the GB period, please feel free to reach out to me on Discord (Jennisaurus#8394) and we can work something out!

Vendors

CAN: ApexKeyboards
US: Mekibo
SEA: Hex Keyboards
Rest of Asia & Worldwide: KBDFans
EU: MyKeyboard
UK: proto[Typist]
AU: DailyClack
India: StacksKB

Pricing (Other Vendors TBD)

Deskmat, Metal Artisan and Sleeve Prices TBD!

To Do List
※ Post IC
Moar Rendies
※ Get Porter’s Blessing
Finalize Kitting
Finalize Novelties
Moar Deskmat Art
Find Vendors
Get Manufacturer Quotes
Collabs! Collabs! Collabs!
※ GROUP BUY!

A Special Thanks to the Following Peeps!

※ Nick, and my wonderful friends and family for supporting me as I set out to make this set <3
※ Tomkatsuuu and Marshmellohs for being the first people on board with my set/design and their encouragement and support ;-;
※ Xerpocalypse for his blessing on my colourway (since some comparisons were brought up early on)!
※ Oggi for the amazing renders and for being super patient and flexible!
※ Luz for the super cute bear and spaceship novelties!
※ Azyria for the amazing Virtual Landscape deskmat design and help with some of the novelties!
※ Jess and alestiawan for the sticker design!
※ DrHigsby, Matt, Honorless and Acitrin for their help and feedback on my kitting (40s and ISO especially)!
※ NoPunIn10Did for the helpful advice and wisdom about JP layouts/Hiragana sublegends!
※ Dandruff for helping me out with my many questions regarding ePBT!
※ Pararch, Swishy, Ty and Aad for their general feedback and comments on the set/colours/kitting!
※ Vince from ApexKeyboards for all his help along this journey to GB!
※ And lastly, to viewers...like you! (and anyone who has commented on my set on Discord or Reddit)

Signature

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=112457.0][img width=270 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/bzPT8mI.png[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 March 2022, 09:39:50 by Jennisaurus »

Offline Jennisaurus

Re: [IC] ePBT Rin
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 12:50:34 »
Update 3/10/2022
 - Added CantoClick collab preview image

Update 3/08/2022
 - Updated SEA vendor due to previous vendor being unable to offer it anymore

Update 3/05/2022
 - Updated with more Collab previews and a new collab reveal!
 - Initial pricing from KBDFans and ApexKeyboards

Update 2/28/2022
 - Updated Base and 40s Kit renders with a different sublegend font (more similar to the one from the original renders)
 - Added collab images - Monokei Metal Artisan, Asero Metal Artisan, StayWired Cables, MelonKey Artisan, Y-CP Keyboards Sleeve
 - Added pictures of deskmat samples

Update 1/07/2022
 - Updated Rin's World deskmat with a different stitching colour (to better match the samples)
 - Removed FancyCustoms as SA vendor :( 

Update 12/30/2021
 - Updated Kits and Renders (adjusted the colours to be closer to the chips!)

Update 10/29/2021
 - GB month announced!
 - Pantone chip pictures posted!
 - Collabs announced!
 - Added vendors for India and South America!
 - Deskmat design revamp revealed!

Update 2021-06-16
 - Added new R3 1.5u novelties to Novelties kit; slight adjustment to colours to better match Pantone chips!

Update 2021-05-24
 - Slight adjustment to Novelties kit, changed the colours of 2 novelties from blue to dark pink for better balance

Update 2021-05-22
 - New novelties and deskmats posted
 - 2/4 Pantone chips are on their way, the other 2 are on backorder until June most likely

Update 2021-05-08
 - Vendors announced!

Update 2021-04-30
 - Added Pantone Coated colours swatch

Update 2021-04-28
 - Changed the background of the existing kit renders so they are less blinding and it is easier to tell the light pink is more pink than white
 - Added extra spacebars in Alt Alpha kit
 - Changed background of deskmat renders to be more neutral, made a minor edit to the Alternative Design deskmat (added her bow)
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 March 2022, 00:28:26 by Jennisaurus »

Offline priskillet

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 13:00:28 »
Soooo excited for this set!!! Been waiting to see it in IC, also perf day to post it  ;) cant wait for GB!!

Offline Afresh

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 13:04:12 »
I like the colors  :thumb:

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 13:07:04 »
cute, looks kinda similar to other sets though. i'd try blue mod legends to differentiate a little but i've never seen the inspiration, glwic nonetheless

Offline LittleAad

• Hello
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 13:09:35 »
Looks awesome! Nice shades of pink. Are the different coloured spacebar kits intended to be sold separately or is it all just one big bars kit?

Offline CaptainVinceO2

• ApexKeyboards
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 13:14:42 »
Love the set inspiration and the awesome deskmats!

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 13:17:42 »
well done IC! set looks nice too. i hope u get porter's blessing though i am not sure this set will really have any IP issues (except maybe deskmats)

Offline OptimusPrime00

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 13:28:54 »
Really nice color palette! I'm interested! :)

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Offline aethernet

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 13:34:26 »
very nice :thumb: i love the inspiration too!

Offline Bachoo

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 13:51:51 »
cute  :thumb:

Offline sub0001

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 14:09:43 »
really glad you got this set to IC! great colors, and great inspiration!

Offline kure_

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 14:42:48 »
i like it! very cute.

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 14:46:57 »
This is really awesome.

Also happy this is ePBT for the cheaper prices and faster production.

Any chance we could get some metal Artisans like Rama or Thok ?

:thumb:

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 15:33:22 »
Chicken enjoys set

Offline itsazly

• website place
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 15:34:37 »
How lovely! I've loved Porter forever and this is such a cute set. GLWIC! Glad to see another ePBT set going up.

Offline elguey

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 16:28:34 »
very cute and great kits.

Offline Jennisaurus

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 17:31:24 »
Soooo excited for this set!!! Been waiting to see it in IC, also perf day to post it  ;) cant wait for GB!!

Thank you so much for your support since day one! I really appreciate it T-T

Offline Jennisaurus

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 17:32:08 »
cute, looks kinda similar to other sets though. i'd try blue mod legends to differentiate a little but i've never seen the inspiration, glwic nonetheless

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll play around with incorporating blue more into the set and see how I like it. I know there's been a ton of pink sets lately so I want to make sure mine is still unique while still being what I envisioned :)

Offline Jennisaurus

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 17:33:08 »
Looks awesome! Nice shades of pink. Are the different coloured spacebar kits intended to be sold separately or is it all just one big bars kit?

Thank you! They are intended to be separate since I have the flexibility to do so :p

Offline Jennisaurus

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 17:35:51 »
This is really awesome.

Thank you so much! I definitely wanted to bring some pink to the PBT side :P And I do hope to get collabs for metal artisans but I definitely need to think more about the designs first. Leaning towards a bow and teddy bear, but we shall see! 

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 18:41:51 »
This is really awesome.

Thank you so much! I definitely wanted to bring some pink to the PBT side :P And I do hope to get collabs for metal artisans but I definitely need to think more about the designs first. Leaning towards a bow and teddy bear, but we shall see!

Awesome, looking forward to those.

I just rewatched the clip and would probably need to rewatch it several times but I have a few comments about the novelties.

-I think a tablet makes a lot of sense but I feel the current one looks a bit strange with nothing on the screen. An idea would be to remove the pen, and give the tablet a more  "flat" angle with maybe a small easy drawing like we can see at 2:32 on the clip, or something like her homescreen with icons. Or some easter egg like "2539 days" "シェルター" etc. And the 1U tablet could be the magic pen instead?

-I am very jealous of the ISO Enter. Maybe instead of having 2 1.5u spaceships and 2 tablets, we could have 1 1.5u with the word "ひとり" and a 1.5u with the word "じゃない" ?
I feel those 2 words are very meaningful but as an ANSI user I cannot have them on my keyboard with the current kiting. Also it does feel a bit strange that ISO gets 2 different Enter keys? Or if you want to keep the doubles 1.5u's to remove one of the ISO enters?

-I think maybe a space novelty could be interesting like a star galaxy? Maybe more suited for a Metal Artisan with the metal shine, but I agree that the bear or her bow makes a lot more sense.

-I would assume a novelty of her face would be an problem with copyrights even if it's fan made art? Maybe in a more abstract art style like the banner for the set?
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 April 2021, 18:58:43 by CookieFlow »

Offline Jennisaurus

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 19:04:57 »
This is really awesome.

Awesome, looking forward to those.

I just rewatched the clip and would probably need to rewatch it several times but I have a few comments about the novelties.

-I think a tablet makes a lot of sense but I feel the current one looks a bit strange with nothing on the screen. An idea would be to remove the pen, and give the tablet a more  "flat" angle with maybe a small easy drawing like we can see at 2:32 on the clip, or something like her homescreen with icons. Or some easter egg like "2539 days" "シェルター" etc. And the 1U tablet could be the magic pen instead?

-I am very jealous of the ISO Enter. Maybe instead of having 2 1.5u spaceships and 2 tablets, we could have 1 1.5u with the word "ひとり" and a 1.5u with the word "じゃない" ?
I feel those 2 words are very meaningful but as an ANSI user I cannot have them on my keyboard with the current kiting. Also it does feel a bit strange that ISO gets 2 different Enter keys? Or if you want to keep the doubles 1.5u's to remove one of the ISO enters?

-I think maybe a space novelty could be interesting like a star galaxy? Maybe more suited for a Metal Artisan with the metal shine, but I agree that the bear or her bow makes a lot more sense.

-I would assume a novelty of her face would be an problem with copyrights even if it's fan made art? Maybe in a more abstract art style like the banner for the set?

Thank you so much for the insightful feedback! I struggled to find novelties that were vague enough to not get into copyright issues but still related to the inspo. Good points about the tablet and ISO novs, I'll revisit those! And I'll see what else I can add since I do agree that I had a bit more duplication of icons than I would have liked :)

Offline puppydork

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 19:46:18 »
This is awesome. Love the colors. I'm in.

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 20:14:19 »
This is SO cute and nice. Really excited for how this came out. Good luck with IC!

Offline Chippy

• sus chef
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 00:38:50 »
I really like the tones of these colors. Nice.
1.2og | Buddy 6xx | Le Fishe V1 Proto | xyz60 Rev2 | Quartermaster | Chimera65 | Satisfaction75 | Realforce 84u | Zenith Z-150 | Realforce 86u | 378
More
This and the swiss cheese keyboard is the next generation of keyboards

Offline marshmellohs

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 08:30:57 »
So happy to see this all come together! Amazing job, GLWIC, and I'm definitely in!

Offline Yukinon

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 13:59:52 »
love the colours on this one, glwic!

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 16:53:34 »
nice and thanks for choosing epbt.
this is going to be dyesub right?

Offline Jennisaurus

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 20:35:25 »
So happy to see this all come together! Amazing job, GLWIC, and I'm definitely in!

Thank you!! And thank you for being so supportive since day 1 T-T

Offline Jennisaurus

« Reply #30 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 20:36:52 »
nice and thanks for choosing epbt.
this is going to be dyesub right?

Yup! Dye sub for the dark legends on lighter keycaps and reverse dye sub for the light on dark :)

Offline EpicN

• epic
« Reply #31 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 20:39:05 »
Awesome set!  :thumb:

Offline Jennisaurus

« Reply #32 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 20:39:44 »
And just wanted to say thank you so much to everyone who commented so far!! I really appreciate the overwhelming support from everyone and I will do my best to ensure accurate colours in the final product (updated colours in the renders coming in the next update!) and an affordable price with this set! ^-^

Offline Faehriss

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 26 April 2021, 07:19:28 »
This is adorable! Proper UK ISO support *and* novelties? I'll be keeping an eye on this :thumb:
church of the POM keeb

Offline yui

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 26 April 2021, 09:05:48 »
although i am not really interested as i have a very similar pink set, i guess that instead of going very nondescript with novelties you could maybe ask the artist and see if they 1 answer and 2 would allow you to use much more descriptive noveltives without fearing copyright claims, just an idea.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline forelsket

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 26 April 2021, 10:28:32 »
very nice looking set. love the colour combo <3

Offline JQ27

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 03:52:59 »
Loving the colours, although having the UK-ISO support meaning you have to get the base + latin alphas and effectively throwing away the base kit alphas would be wasteful sadly :(

Offline Jennisaurus

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 22:41:39 »
Loving the colours, although having the UK-ISO support meaning you have to get the base + latin alphas and effectively throwing away the base kit alphas would be wasteful sadly :(

Thank you! The idea is that with the Base + Alt Alphas, you can cover 2 boards :) And the reason why UK-ISO was split out was because I had hiragana subs in base and "ISO-UK-JP" isn't technically a "real" layout, so keeping it in my Latin alt alphas made more sense. But I see your point though! I got some comments about adding an International Kit, so I might just move UK-ISO to there instead if I decide to add one :)

Offline Faehriss

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 07:25:30 »

Thank you! The idea is that with the Base + Alt Alphas, you can cover 2 boards :) And the reason why UK-ISO was split out was because I had hiragana subs in base and "ISO-UK-JP" isn't technically a "real" layout, so keeping it in my Latin alt alphas made more sense. But I see your point though! I got some comments about adding an International Kit, so I might just move UK-ISO to there instead if I decide to add one :)

I think if you're going to do that then you're better off having latin alpha base and hiragana alpha kit. Moving UK ISO to an international kit (which is fine for the record) then means we have to buy 3 kits instead of two to be able to get our layout.
church of the POM keeb

Offline shuijiao

• ergo clear
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 12:50:48 »
looks great man! will deff be looking at this with huge interest.
Peerless80, Type S, Pro 2, Pro 1, Duck Viper v3, Duck Orion V2.5, Matrix 2.0 Additional, Matrix Falcon

Offline misononyan

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 18:47:25 »
you should def reach out and see if you can get this licensed. iirc Hugo and Porter are extremely cool when it comes to fan projects like this

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 19:36:38 »
Wait i swear i just saw another set that looked like this\

oh it was GMK Hazakura but it is less tinted Pink

edit: well I'm supposed to say what I think right, so. it's ok
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Swookian

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 23:41:57 »
Not my aesthetic personally, but this is a very nice set!

Offline LaserCrafter

• reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 04:28:42 »
porter robinson to the moon
Keyboard Collection: Unikorn, Orion v2.5, Orion v3, Realforce 87u, Viper v3, NMB RT8756CGR, Unicorn x Legend, Das II, TC-V3, Jetfire, Wang 325-3770, Lightpad v2

Keyset Collection: OG Doubleshots, CRP 2551 R4, Muted 2, Cyan R1, WoB, DCS Wyse, ISO OG POM, ePBT Blanks, BSP Blanks, BoW + Gigachild

Offline falzm

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 14:39:25 »
Love the colors, would join!

Offline Soche

« Reply #45 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 15:39:49 »
so good after nurture release and that secret sky porter mix  :thumb:

Offline noodleman

« Reply #46 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 20:04:12 »
Can I suggest removing the giant RIN text on the deskmats?  I think it would look much better without it.

Offline pararch

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 01:09:59 »
I don't know how I missed the post, but a couple hopefully helpful comments: colours and novelties turned out really well- I particularly like how you managed to hit a good middle ground between muting the colours but making sure they have the punch to stand up on their own. Novelties generally look good. I think the ones I have trouble with is the spaceship- I know its true to the one in the video, but it just doesn't really read as it right away. Sort of more like a fish or a whale to me? The tablet as well, as mentioned by others could use a bit more definition, perhaps a 'reflection' or some extra detail to help hint at its function better?

But otherwise the set looks great, and GLWIC!

Offline Jennisaurus

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 00:02:12 »

I think if you're going to do that then you're better off having latin alpha base and hiragana alpha kit. Moving UK ISO to an international kit (which is fine for the record) then means we have to buy 3 kits instead of two to be able to get our layout.

Thank you for the feedback! In that case, I'll keep things as they are now :)

Offline Jennisaurus

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 00:03:32 »
Can I suggest removing the giant RIN text on the deskmats?  I think it would look much better without it.

I got some feedback from others as well about the Rin being too big, so I will definitely be reworking the deskmats a bit!