Author Topic: [GB] GMK CYL Extended 2048  (Read 5220 times)

Offline biip

• @biipmk
[GB] GMK CYL Extended 2048
« on: Fri, 02 February 2024, 09:15:50 »

A timeless touch.

Extended 2048 is back in Cherry profile but also double-shot!

Estimated Arrival: Q3 2024
Legends are not 100% finalized. Slight variations may be made due to mold restrictions.

Vendors (still waiting for links):

Renders

Kits

Thanks for the support.
Special thanks to FreshFromTheGrave for the renders.

Signature:
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=122230.0][img width=302 height=120]https://media.biipmk.com/gmk_extended2048/GMK_Extended2048-Signature.png[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 February 2024, 08:05:06 by biip »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: [GB] GMK CYL Extended 2048
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 02 February 2024, 10:38:48 »
Approved :thumb:

Offline Slyd22

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 02 February 2024, 10:53:05 »
Very nice set !
No EU vendor tho ?

Offline davidhellmann

• davidhellmann.com
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 02 February 2024, 12:01:02 »
Novelkeys list Oblo for EU

Offline aa212121

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 03 February 2024, 03:49:46 »
Are these WoB and BoW ?

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 03 February 2024, 04:07:31 »
Are these WoB and BoW ?

No, according to the IC thread it's L9/BV as far as I can tell.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=122230.msg3179142#msg3179142
Let the Holy Handgrenades rain.
Hammering on an old Happy Hacking Pro 2. Still going strong!

Offline iwobobul

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 04 February 2024, 02:29:22 »
When I was entering the hobby I was looking for a set like this but it didn’t exist in double-shot abs for mx. This is great, but I think it’s worth considering who the audience is. Clearly you’d go after this if you’re a mac user, but for me it’s missing all the modern functions to be useful. I understand what this is designed after, and I appreciate the new legends on alphas, but not having the modern F-row macros is such a miss. I’m talking about brightness, volume and media controls. It’s a modern standard, even older boards from powermac era had these, and it’s extremely convenient.

In fact, as someone who works in professional software 100% of the time (graphic design, CAD, CAM, DAW and NLEs) I still use the f-row for media controls much more than I do for app features.

A set of Novelties as extra would have been fine too.

Such a shame, such a great set otherwise.

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 04 February 2024, 08:52:24 »
When I was entering the hobby I was looking for a set like this but it didn’t exist in double-shot abs for mx. This is great, but I think it’s worth considering who the audience is. Clearly you’d go after this if you’re a mac user, but for me it’s missing all the modern functions to be useful. I understand what this is designed after, and I appreciate the new legends on alphas, but not having the modern F-row macros is such a miss. I’m talking about brightness, volume and media controls. It’s a modern standard, even older boards from powermac era had these, and it’s extremely convenient.

In fact, as someone who works in professional software 100% of the time (graphic design, CAD, CAM, DAW and NLEs) I still use the f-row for media controls much more than I do for app features.

A set of Novelties as extra would have been fine too.

Such a shame, such a great set otherwise.

We could have offered Media kit but keep in mind that this project required brand new molds being made, which is expensive. Even if it's inspired by the AEKII, I had to make the choice of reason, the one that would suit the majority of potential buyers, which is to offer regular F1-F13 keys. That "modern" F-row could still be something we'd offer in a future run though (depending on how it does). The same applies to Japanese sub legends actually, dedicated 40% kit, and so on. If it were up to me, and production costs were insignificant, of course I'd offer as many options (kits) as possible. To have a keycap set featuring only new molds at such a price is already sensational, to be honest.

Thank you for your comment, though. I'm glad you still like the set as it is.

Offline drewba

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 16 February 2024, 14:14:10 »
In for 1 White & 1 Dark.  Thanks for doing this GB, I've been wanting to build an Apple-themed keyboard for quite awhile and this is far easier than finding an old board and harvesting keys :)

Offline cfw

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 18 February 2024, 14:26:48 »
I'm also in for a white one.
Thanks a lot to have made it with ISO-FR in international kit.

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 08:13:39 »
In for 1 White & 1 Dark.  Thanks for doing this GB, I've been wanting to build an Apple-themed keyboard for quite awhile and this is far easier than finding an old board and harvesting keys :)

Thanks for the support!

I'm also in for a white one.
Thanks a lot to have made it with ISO-FR in international kit.

:thumb: