Author Topic: How long does it take for Classified Ads to be "Approved" ?  (Read 1101 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
How long does it take for Classified Ads to be "Approved" ?
« on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 16:53:45 »
When I attempt to post a classified ad, it usually takes 6-8 hours before being "activated" sometimes considerably more.

For example, I posted a small simple sale around noon today and it is now near the bottom of my page (my page, of course, nobody else can even see it yet) 21 places down, and still not approved.

Sellers, what is your experience of the time lag involved?
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
Re: How long does it take for Classified Ads to be "Approved" ?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 16:55:43 »
Just depends on if us mods are around or not. I just happened to see the thread, so yours is now approved. Apologies for delays, but we all do have other things to do at times  :thumb:
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 16:58:11 »
Exitfire, are you allowed to bump it back even if it the same day as when you created it, but it took a while to get approved?

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 16:59:36 »
Exitfire, are you allowed to bump it back even if it the same day as when you created it, but it took a while to get approved?

Typically, I allow it. It's honestly at the discretion of whatever mod looks at it though. I don't see anything wrong with bumping it since it should've been at the top, and it's our fault. But it still needs to be 24 hours between that bump and the next.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 17:03:22 »
I had no idea bumps must be 24 hours in between. I normally just wait a few days before rebumping.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 17:13:31 »
Thanks. I am in no hurry because this is one with a small hump and a long tail.

But sometimes, I figure to give Geekhackers a few hours jump on something desirable that I plan to list on ebay but want to get it concluded before I go to bed that night. Starting at noon (Eastern time, or GMT+5 for our Euro-buddies) it is nice to see it by dinner time at least.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"