Author Topic: What's Your Political Ideology?  (Read 8239 times)

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: What's Your Political Ideology?
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 21:02:41 »
what we need to do is create a topre kingdom, we will all be happy. and we will enslave the mx users
Can we get blackjack and hookers?

Only for the MX slaves, sorry
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 21:03:11 »
what we need to do is create a topre kingdom, we will all be happy. and we will enslave the mx users

Why do **** people get all the fun stuff :'(

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 21:04:51 »

Because we're your ****ing slaves, we gotta have something to keep us going
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 21:06:28 »

Because we're your ****ing slaves, we gotta have something to keep us going
This topre kingdom doesn't sound as nice as I thought it would.
I want my blackjack and hookers dammit

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 21:06:41 »
government should be as small as possible

That quaint Luddite concept pretty much evaporated with Marconi's radio.

There needs to be a single planetary government because the human race cannot afford perpetual fragmentation.
Call me crazy, but that idea makes me very anxious. I blame Firefly.

What about the idea of hundreds of smaller governments bickering for years while much bigger issues like climate change and our species' survival are basically ignored?  Because that makes me anxious.
I agree that the climate change issue has been swept under the rug for far too long. How would the global government form in the first place? I seriously doubt 7.3 billion people would all agree on a global authority.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 21:09:33 »

There needs to be a single planetary government because the human race cannot afford perpetual fragmentation.

What about the idea of hundreds of smaller governments bickering for years while much bigger issues like climate change and our species' survival are basically ignored?  Because that makes me anxious.
I agree that the climate change issue has been swept under the rug for far too long. How would the global government form in the first place? I seriously doubt 7.3 billion people would all agree on a global authority.

Of course not, so the machines forming it would just wipe out 95% of the humans that disagreed with it.  See, problem solved!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 21:11:44 »

Of course not, so the machines forming it would just wipe out 95% of the humans that disagreed with it.  See, problem solved!
Soylent Milk Is Love! Soylent Milk Is Life! Say NO To Dry Cereal!

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 21:12:43 »

why can't we all just get along

I look up to Enrique Peña Nieto the most corrupt ass in the world.
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 February 2016, 21:21:17 by appleonama »

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 21:12:46 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 21:17:51 »

he means they'll be the blackjack dealers and the hookers
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 21:25:43 »

:p

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 08:12:03 »
How would the global government form in the first place?

The Founding Fathers wrestled with that idea and cobbled together a ridiculous solution including a bicameral legislature and Electoral Congress that has limped along mostly successfully for quite a while. The biggest stumbling block was the demands of the small states for parity with the large ones, partially accommodated with the Senate and the Ratification process. We got lucky that it has held together over time.

To accomplish it again, worldwide, would be all but impossible if tiny countries, orders of magnitude smaller than the leaders, were given any sort of disproportionate power.

But even today, some of the largest powers, the "Permanent Members of the Security Council" have rendered the United Nations hopelessly dysfunctional with their veto power. That would have to be eliminated before the UN could be much more than a joke.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 09:22:04 »
Global governement cannot work, european union is a great example that it cannot work.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 09:32:11 »
Global governement cannot work,

Except that it has to work.

Where do you see the human race in 100 years or 1000 years? Considering the course that we are on?

Everything must evolve, and every aspect of modern society has been evolving at a much faster rate than politics (and its evil twin, religion), which seems stuck in a late-Imperial-Age transition without being able to move on.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 February 2016, 10:03:36 by fohat.digs »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 10:06:11 »

Where do you see the human race is 100 years or 1000 years?

I'd be honestly surprised we can last 1000 more years on this planet considering how we are destroying it, and how we are constantly for stupid/lobby reasons.

We're going toward gloval government anyway, but european union will soon see countries leaving it (uk, France being the most likely to do so).
Also when you watch how UN and various of those multinations org don't work, you don't want glob gov.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 10:47:33 »

I'd be honestly surprised we can last 1000 more years on this planet considering how we are destroying it, and how we are constantly for stupid/lobby reasons.

We're going toward gloval government anyway, but european union will soon see countries leaving it (uk, France being the most likely to do so).
Also when you watch how UN and various of those multinations org don't work, you don't want glob gov.

Well, there are hundreds of examples of smaller localized governments not working as well so what should we do?

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 10:54:13 »

Well, there are hundreds of examples of smaller localized governments not working as well so what should we do?

That is correct too.
I wish I had the answers.
Getting rid of politicians sure shouldn't hurt that much.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 10:56:08 »

That is correct too.

But then who has to do the icky political jobs then?

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 11:03:07 »

That is correct too.

But then who has to do the icky political jobs then?

People qualified in the field they work in. Old judge in justice, stuff like this.
Nowadays we have those politic-working people, that spend their whole time getting elected and looking/speaking nice on medias.

And in France most of them have multiple mandates (mayor + deputee + ... ), no wonder they can't get **** done right. Well there are other reasons about the not getting **** done...
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 12:59:48 »
The problem is that politicians are good at getting elected, but nothing else. Which means the people who know least about the things they govern, govern. It's a flawed system, unfortunately.

The issue is massively exacerbated in countries with no upper limit of campaign spending or air time. Ideally, all candidates should get an equal, small amount of air time and a very limited election budget. The more their policies and qualifications do the talking the better, and the more they do the talking, the worse.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #70 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 16:28:09 »
The problem is that politicians are good at getting elected, but nothing else.
That’s not a fair generalization. There are many politicians who are also very, very sharp policy analysts.

The job of a legislator or regional administrator is to synthesize input from a diverse group of people with contradictory interests, and try to make sure that nobody gets too mad. This is basically impossible, so they do the best they can.

Expensive elections with unlimited corporate campaign contributions definitely complicate the job though.
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 February 2016, 16:31:30 by jacobolus »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 17:03:06 »

Expensive elections with unlimited corporate campaign contributions definitely complicate the job though.

This, of course, promotes "show biz actors" (look at how people still gaze dreamily when they hear about the abominable Reagan who tripled the deficit while raising taxes over a dozen times) but the real problem is that voters here operate on their emotions rather than their minds!