Author Topic: should be angry?  (Read 7323 times)

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: should be angry?
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 09:51:32 »
if you are talking about all the 37 posts, that isnt a script, thats an inside joke from the keyboard community slack channel

WHAT DOES IT MEAN!!? I want the Joke, GIMME!

:)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 09:53:08 »
if you are talking about all the 37 posts, that isnt a script, thats an inside joke from the keyboard community slack channel

i was just egging everyone in the general slack channel yesterday to post 37 no matter what the question was, so we could see an entire wall of it and represent slack, as everyone was sat in the channel waiting for it to happen and discussing it
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 09:55:28 »
I definitely didn't read yesterday. Just posted 37

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 09:56:19 »

i was just egging everyone in the general slack channel yesterday to post 37 no matter what the question was, so we could see an entire wall of it and represent slack, as everyone was sat in the channel waiting for it to happen and discussing it

Ha ha...

.... well, I will participate this vent, but I am doubtful that I will win anything, so many people are unaturally fast at replying. This is possibly down to "over" devotion, lol... I was watching spy last night, and as soon as I saw something it was too late.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 09:57:37 »

Ha ha...

.... well, I will participate this vent, but I am doubtful that I will win anything, so many people are unaturally fast at replying. This is possibly down to "over" devotion, lol... I was watching spy last night, and as soon as I saw something it was too late.

just hang out in slack, there are always like 50 people on at night just watching for clackvent haha, so you will know the second it goes up

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 09:58:59 »

Ha ha...

just hang out in slack, there are always like 50 people on at night just watching for clackvent haha, so you will know the second it goes up

I've never used slack.... is it a web app, or just an app?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 10:00:39 »

Ha ha...

I've never used slack.... is it a web app, or just an app?

you can run it in a browser, or you can download an app, personally i use the app on my pc, mac and phone, and its great on each

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 10:41:13 »
Clack always post at like 4 am, it's impossible
Show Image

You should write a script like the rest of us.

He did have a fairly early sale a few days ago, and I'm sure he'll continue to vary up the hours for you.

Alternatively, you could trade dog photos for Clacks.
Clack doesnt even want to join my newsletter  :(
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 10:46:05 »
I'm honestly furious

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 18:01:31 »
Time Travel is possible.    December!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 19:32:03 »

Time Travel is possible.    December!

Thank you for your input.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 20:49:05 »
I don't understand the whole thing about gaming the system and using scripts to post. Too technologically ancient I suppose.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #62 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 21:36:11 »
that being said

i dont see how using a script would be unfair, given that everyone has the ability to do so, if anything it puts people at a disadvantage for not being able to respond to questions in real time

I suspect not everyone has the ability to write such a script :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 21:39:53 »
that being said

i dont see how using a script would be unfair, given that everyone has the ability to do so, if anything it puts people at a disadvantage for not being able to respond to questions in real time

Yup, I wouldn't have any idea where to begin.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 21:58:05 »
that being said

Yup, I wouldn't have any idea where to begin.

I know where to begin, but a few of the details are hazy, and I'd take far longer than I'd be prepared to spend to write one.

Besides deep down I'd think it was cheating.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ