Author Topic: an introduction  (Read 203243 times)

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
Re: an introduction
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 23:50:37 »
This is pretty amazingballs :O <3
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 23:54:06 »
No one here's asking the real question.

...Universal Space-bars, yay or nay?

Show Image

6-stem, needs to happen..plz

Oohh yeah this is a pretty damned good question. If you guys make a FC660M compatible space-bar I'll pretty much love you forever.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #102 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 00:37:43 »
sets arent 60% sir, thats just the boards i run, full set includes winkey and winkeyless support, numpad and extras for compatibility with most boards, the initial runs wont have 1800 support but that will follow shortly when some of the initial investment is made back to invest in more tooling

Okay, my mistake.....Sorry.

You've included photos of individual keys thus far, can you please take a picture showing it's rear end because that's the foundation upon what we here on Geekhack love to see  8) ?

Hope your keys match the thickness of GMK's then we might have a definite take over of future Group Buys when it comes to custom keys.

Show Image

Very clean!

Much smooth!

Many thick!

Such precise!

Wow!

SO tasty looking, better than any pron site on the web at this very moment. 

Ahhhhh the ecstasy of being a Geekhack Key-cap addict, just want more and more of it.

Thank you Bunny for relieving all the tension and stress at work by showing this pic.

Offline morpheus

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 03:49:19 »
stunning....

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 05:53:10 »
Have they thought about doing buckling springs caps?

This would be an interesting idea!

I just want somewhere that will do custom legends, and not be hit or miss on the QC, and even doing them in the first place.

Even if they were ABS?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Prelim

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 08:20:43 »
oh boy!! :eek: :eek:

these are great news, I'm hopeful they would match GMK quality!
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #106 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 08:23:24 »
are they able to do the printing on Double shot keys? (i dont know if thats the right term).. for example like alot of older sets have grey with black ds legends, and some like print screen also have in green printing on the front face 'sys rq' or something similar... is this also something they can do, and if so how flexable is that??

(i would love to do a hotline miami set, darker than normal miami but with red printed blood splatters on some of the keys..

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #107 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 09:18:43 »
Have they thought about doing buckling springs caps?

This would be an interesting idea!

I just want somewhere that will do custom legends, and not be hit or miss on the QC, and even doing them in the first place.

Even if they were ABS?

I would be open to trying ABS double shot BS caps.  I would prefer dye subbed PBT with a rough texture like SP's PBT DSA caps.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #108 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 09:22:18 »
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Dee1

« Reply #109 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 09:42:19 »
These look incredible! I can't wait to see more about these.  :)

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #110 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 09:50:46 »
Wowza. It sounds like I have something else I neeeed to spend my money on in the future!
null

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #111 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 09:57:07 »

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #112 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 10:02:07 »
Wowza. It sounds like I have something else I neeeed to spend my money on in the future!
called it. not even 3 months ;)

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 11:51:04 »
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #114 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 11:55:29 »
The more I look at these pictures the more I am curious about the first set Bunny will do with this manufacturer!

Some classic theme revisted or something completely new?!

I hope Bunny reveals his plans soonTM :thumb:

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #115 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 23:34:58 »
Show Image

Bunny, YOU fvcking tease....... 

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #116 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 08:35:25 »
The more I look at these pictures the more I am curious about the first set Bunny will do with this manufacturer!

Some classic theme revisted or something completely new?!

I hope Bunny reveals his plans soonTM :thumb:

How about a new Nostalgia set? I love the colourway to bits, but those flimsy DCS caps are just... too thin and light.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline honoka

« Reply #117 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 10:06:19 »
I honestly just came to a conclusion that I do have enough boards, switches and caps. It was a good feeling.
And now, hours later, I realize I was wrong.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #118 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 07:30:11 »
+ Thick walls
+ Doubleshot
+ ABS
+ Textured
+ Cherry low full sculpted profile
+ Options for small keyboard set
+ Custom legends
+ Lower prices the current alternatives (...GMK?)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #119 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 05:55:46 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #120 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 12:13:06 »
http://jtkeycaps.com/

?

Yeah, I ran into that when I went looking.  Website goes nowhere with no info.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #121 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 12:19:13 »

?

Yeah, I ran into that when I went looking.  Website goes nowhere with no info.

its a friend of mine im working with, its not an established company so searches will be in vein

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #122 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 12:51:58 »
Looks a lot better than those fake-looking dyesub Cherry copies that were posted recently. Will definitely order some when available.
which ones?
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline intelli78

Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #124 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 15:17:24 »
Will the caps suffer from yellowing?

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #125 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 15:26:13 »
Just came to my mind:

Can they also do windowed caps?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #126 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 16:02:07 »
Just came to my mind:

can and have already done it

Offline unoab

« Reply #127 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 17:00:47 »
Just came to my mind:

windowed and double shot legends, or pad printed legends like GMK does since the window takes up the one shot?

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #128 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 17:35:54 »

Just came to my mind:

Yes!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #129 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 19:40:25 »

?

oh

and at some point

this will be the website, right now its just a registered domain and everything on it is just a placeholder site and under construction however when it is ready i will post details of the site here

this project isnt as far off as you may think, and some big updates will be coming very quickly

Offline VanGhost

« Reply #130 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 19:46:26 »
Holy **** I'm hype.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #132 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 21:06:30 »

?

oh

and at some point

this will be the website, right now its just a registered domain and everything on it is just a placeholder site and under construction however when it is ready i will post details of the site here

this project isnt as far off as you may think, and some big updates will be coming very quickly

Very excite!

But very sad, because i keep saying that set X will be my last, especially now that I mostly use BS keyboards (or HHKB), and then things like this keep turning up :))

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #133 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 21:30:43 »
What will this mean for group buy MOQ's? Will we still be looking at 250-ish for decent prices?

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline rsadek

• raging keyboard monkey
« Reply #134 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 22:39:44 »
Bunny, can they produce Alps mount caps? Bc that would be mindblowingly amazing.  :thumb:
❤️Keeboardz
---------------

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #135 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 23:00:00 »
Bunny, can they produce Alps mount caps? Bc that would be mindblowingly amazing.  :thumb:

My wallet can't take it anymore.

Say, will these be in Topre by any chance?

just mx....for now

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #136 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 04:14:26 »

?

oh

and at some point

Very excite!

But very sad, because i keep saying that set X will be my last, especially now that I mostly use BS keyboards (or HHKB), and then things like this keep turning up :))

Haha! I have the exact same feeling! My wallet won't be happy but Bunny's designs will be worth it!

I saw some hints that Topre keysets could be made in the future, if that is realized, that would really be amazing!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #137 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 05:36:42 »

?

oh

and at some point

Very excite!

Haha! I have the exact same feeling! My wallet won't be happy but Bunny's designs will be worth it!

I saw some hints that Topre keysets could be made in the future, if that is realized, that would really be amazing!

A native HHKB set would be incredible!

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #138 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 06:36:23 »
Can't wait to see the full reveal, these will probably replace GMK sets for me in the future with the way the Australian dollar is going.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #139 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 06:44:48 »
Couple of quick questions now that I think about it.

* Spacebars - can the community fund molds for unusual space bar sizes and stem positions? Would love a FC660 compatible set, always wanted one of those boards but the spacebar is a deal breaker.
* Are the pictured legends Cherry? They look pretty damned close from what I can tell.
* Will the colors be a limited pool like GMK or is there a possibility for custom colors?

Super excited guys, these look like they could really shake things up.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #140 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 06:47:55 »

* Spacebars - can the community fund molds for unusual space bar sizes and stem positions? Would love a FC660 compatible set, always wanted one of those boards but the spacebar is a deal breaker.
* Are the pictured legends Cherry? They look pretty damned close from what I can tell.
* Will the colors be a limited pool like GMK or is there a possibility for custom colors?

- anything can happen with the right amount of money sir
- the set is largely cherry, with a few slight alterations and extras not normally available
- any colours are possible, however this will be launching with some rpe set colours shortly, but after that community driven custom colour set gbs will be available with incredibly short lead times compared to what you are used to

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #141 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 06:59:50 »
Really hope this will help the non Qwerty layouts.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #142 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 07:04:03 »

The FC660 has a 6U spacebar, right? That's what the Infinity Hacker uses as well. These two groups need to team up for add-on kits in group buys to come.

A single add-on kit with a 6U spacebar, both oddball rshift sizes, and all the spare 1U keys for the Leo's top right corner and the Infinity's bottom right modifiers. We can call it the Underdog 60% Adapter Kit.

My boards:
More

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #143 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 07:10:08 »

The FC660 has a 6U spacebar, right? That's what the Infinity Hacker uses as well. These two groups need to team up for add-on kits in group buys to come.

A single add-on kit with a 6U spacebar, both oddball rshift sizes, and all the spare 1U keys for the Leo's top right corner and the Infinity's bottom right modifiers. We can call it the Underdog 60% Adapter Kit.

or the "people who make poor and uninformed purchases kit"

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #144 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 07:15:27 »
rpe set colours

Excuse my ignorance, but what does that mean?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #145 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 07:24:20 »
rpe set colours

pre instead of rpe

my bad

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #146 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 07:34:48 »

- anything can happen with the right amount of money sir
- the set is largely cherry, with a few slight alterations and extras not normally available
- any colours are possible, however this will be launching with some rpe set colours shortly, but after that community driven custom colour set gbs will be available with incredibly short lead times compared to what you are used to
Cheers for the replies man, sounds like this is going to tick all my boxes. Put me down for one of everything

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #147 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 07:36:57 »
rpe set colours

pre instead of rpe

my bad

Ah ok, thanks.

Put me down for one of everything

What he said :p

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #148 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 07:49:58 »

Ouch. Now I just have to figure out if you're joking or not.

My boards:
More

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #149 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 07:56:38 »

Ouch. Now I just have to figure out if you're joking or not.

im about 80% joking