Author Topic: Once again, sorry—but really...?  (Read 11537 times)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Once again, sorry—but really...?
« on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 00:21:20 »
Once again, I'm sorry I posted to the "[Ended] Geniune Cherry Red ESC key" topic without realizing it was a couple of years old. I actually read about it on Overclock.net (obviously failing to notice the post dates there, too), and it seemed amazing enough to go see it.

As soon as I'd posted my rather good-natured, little (four-word) comment and returning to the topic, I realized to my horror what I'd done, and the crapstorm of abuse I might've invited. So I quickly reopened the message, deleted my text, and typed:

[Sorry—I didn't notice how old this topic was; please disregard]

That was the best I could do, as I'm not aware of a way to actually delete a message.

But I wasn't quick enough. Before I could click Save, several people had already replied. It was as though they were lurking around, actually waiting for someone to do something wrong so they could leap on them.

I was disappointed by the personal, adolescent nature of the attacks ("Are you a retard?", etc.). Really, guys, have you nothing better to do with your time?

I know how anxious some of you get when someone starts talking about something that hasn't been talked about for a while. But there also seems to be a kind of tribal "swarming" effect. I doubt any of you would be so hostile if you didn't know several others would chime in right after you. Individually, I can't believe any of you are that mean-hearted.

I'm also wondering why we're here. To share some really cool, specialized interests the rest of the world doesn't care about? Or to vigilantly watch for chances to humiliate each other? Maybe I misunderstood the idea of this site. In any case, it's a letdown.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
Re: Once again, sorry—but really...?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 00:27:45 »
Everyone here is a touchy *******, seriously. Ignore them (me included) and do your thing (except necros - try to avoid those).
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 00:31:03 »
Once again, I'm sorry I posted to the "[Ended] Geniune Cherry Red ESC key" topic without realizing it was a couple of years old. I actually read about it on Overclock.net (obviously failing to notice the post dates there, too), and it seemed amazing enough to go see it.

As soon as I'd posted my rather good-natured, little (four-word) comment and returning to the topic, I realized to my horror what I'd done, and the crapstorm of abuse I might've invited. So I quickly reopened the message, deleted my text, and typed:

[Sorry�I didn't notice how old this topic was; please disregard]

That was the best I could do, as I'm not aware of a way to actually delete a message.

But I wasn't quick enough. Before I could click Save, several people had already replied. It was as though they were lurking around, actually waiting for someone to do something wrong so they could leap on them.

I was disappointed by the personal, adolescent nature of the attacks ("Are you a retard?", etc.). Really, guys, have you nothing better to do with your time?

I know how anxious some of you get when someone starts talking about something that hasn't been talked about for a while. But there also seems to be a kind of tribal "swarming" effect. I doubt any of you would be so hostile if you didn't know several others would chime in right after you. Individually, I can't believe any of you are that mean-hearted.

I'm also wondering why we're here. To share some really cool, specialized interests the rest of the world doesn't care about? Or to vigilantly watch for chances to humiliate each other? Maybe I misunderstood the idea of this site. In any case, it's a letdown.

No, we're not sitting around waiting to "jump on you". A good portion of GH'ers use the Spy function so we can see what people are currently discussing so stop acting like such a victim.

If it was anyone else they would have been asked not to necro and that would have been that, because you've been so damned vocal about defending all your necro's lately I don't feel like I was out of line. Stop acting like such a victim, **** loads of other people join up here every day and cause zero problems.

It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline tbc

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 00:31:06 »
out of curiosity....how many times have you necroed?  have you broken doubledigits?
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 00:33:56 »

[Sorry—I didn't notice how old this topic was; please disregard]

You should keep necroing threads and see how long much you can get away with

Offline Rotaku

• Too Based
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 00:36:36 »

No, we're not sitting around waiting to "jump on you". A good portion of GH'ers use the Spy function so we can see what people are currently discussing so stop acting like such a victim.

If it was anyone else they would have been asked not to necro and that would have been that, because you've been so damned vocal about defending all your necro's lately I don't feel like I was out of line. Stop acting like such a victim, **** loads of other people join up here every day and cause zero problems.
To be fair calling him a retard was kinda unwarranted, It's not like he did it on purpose.
Not toooo active on GH anymore, if you need me, shoot me a PM on Reddit! /u/IchibanXD

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 00:39:55 »

To be fair calling him a retard was kinda unwarranted, It's not like he did it on purpose.

Considering how much he was arguing his point the other day I honestly thought he was trolling.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 00:43:11 »
Ya know what annoys me the most about you? The fact that you always need to have some massive cry and defend your actions - EVEN WHEN YOU'RE WRONG. Just take it on the chin and move on, things are the way they are here for a reason and we like it that way. No-one would even remember your name at this point if it weren't for the fact that you went on page long diatribes the other day fighting for your right to necro five year old threads.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 00:49:06 »
Ya know what annoys me the most about you? The fact that you always need to have some massive cry and defend your actions - EVEN WHEN YOU'RE WRONG. Just take it on the chin and move on, things are the way they are here for a reason and we like it that way. No-one would even remember your name at this point if it weren't for the fact that you went on page long diatribes the other day fighting for your right to necro five year old threads.

Dude, really? He apologized. Leave it at that. No need to be a ****.  Necroing isn't the end of the world.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 00:51:07 »

Dude, really? He apologized. Leave it at that. No need to be a ****.  Necroing isn't the end of the world.

Once he edited his necro post I was totally over it. There was no need to make this thread and have a massive whinge.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 01:08:05 »
Damn, guys.  Really?  Can we just go one day without ****ting on someone?  I get that he has necroed quite a few threads, and maybe someone else did something equally as terrible that's worthy of a flogging.  That's not really what I'm commenting on.  It's the fact that this is becoming ingrained in how we respond to new posters, as a whole.  We're becoming more touchy by the day, and more accepting of this attacking behavior.  There will always be new users, and believe it or not some of them may have very minimal experience on a forum and not be accustomed to proper etiquette or know what to look out for.  If you were a new member (and you once were), would you want to be attacked for an honest mistake just because the three guys before you did and that put everyone on edge?  I sure as hell wouldn't.  Can we, as a collective whole, agree to try our best to chill out and make this forum more inviting to new people?

And for the record, I'm guilty of this crap too.  I'll own up to that.  We all have expectations about others' behavior, and it's hard to change that - and sometimes things just need to be said, that's also true.  This isn't directed at anyone in particular, or any event in particular.  I just think we should try to improve the general vibe we're putting off.

I love you all, but sometimes we can be an angry group.  :|

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 01:27:31 »
We all need a group therapy session ><
null

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 01:37:01 »
Sorry Hoff, in future I'll try and keep the insults to a bare minimum.

Ander - I jumped the gun when you didn't really deserve it, I've been getting the ****s with a lot of the new users trolling on here lately and you've obviously copped the brunt of that frustration. Apologies for this and I hope my bad behaviour doesn't put you off returning to GH, I'm usually very welcoming of new users.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 03:56:35 »
I'll comment on a necro, but only to bring the new poster's attention to it.  Otherwise they might not realise.

A lot of people are also probably attracted to the original author of these old threads that suddenly pop up on page 1, and think a long departed member has returned, only to find that they have not.  This might lead to disappointment.

Fortunately the New Members area tends to be a lot more forgiving of faux pases like this.

PS. What is the correct plural of faux pas?  Je ne parlez Francais.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 06:56:22 »
Oh hell, I'm not going to embarrass myself by reading your replies to my goofy rant... Sometimes I feel way too sorry for myself.

As the guy said in The Wizard of Oz, "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"

I have an idea: I'll just be a lot more careful what I reply to. It'll be easier for everybody.  :?P
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 07:24:03 »
Oh hell, I'm not going to embarrass myself by reading your replies to my goofy rant... Sometimes I feel way too sorry for myself.

As the guy said in The Wizard of Oz, "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"

I have an idea: I'll just be a lot more careful what I reply to. It'll be easier for everybody.  :?P

You should read them you might learn something. I find taking in the negative as well as the positive helps you understand where people are coming from, but this is the internet so don't let people offend you too easily.

Some of us spend entirely too much time here so the casual poster may be clueless to things we might consider to be problems or issues.

Wonder why this isn't on reddit yet? I'm sure ripster will bring this all up in a month or two when all has been forgotten.

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 07:45:16 »
Damn, guys.  Really?  Can we just go one day without ****ting on someone?
Nope, apparently not  :( Can we get back to talking about keyboards or other things that make us mutually happy?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 07:52:24 »
Who gives a flying fart about necro posts?  Is it really so bad to see an old thread bumped?  Is it really so important to keep the top page clean at all times?  Sheesh

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 08:31:52 »
Also, the new guy necro bumping the old threads he might find interesting may not know the history of the forum. And therefore may not realize that something he is necro'ing might remind veteran members of hard feelings that exist due to certain events in forum history. Seeing the sale thread bumped for a $250 Cherry Red Esc did just that, for me.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 10:25:18 »
The mods need to be stricter

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

GH is having an identity crisis. We're a great group of guys (and chicks), but we let personal attacks fly. That's a no go. We act like an internet community that's loosely based around keyboards, not a keyboard community.

That's why I've been mostly absent. There's so much hate here that nothing great really happens anymore.

I'll keep lurking until things get less ****ty.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 10:32:37 »
but we let personal attacks fly. That's a no go.
I'd prefer it if people grew thicker skin and there was no censorship. I never understood how people can take offense at something that's said on the internet anyway.

There's so much hate here that nothing great really happens anymore.
Nothing great has happened for a long time, and it's not just because of the hate. Although I do agree the forum has seemed awful toxic for the past month or so, and I've been coming here less because of it.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 10:33:12 »

We act like an internet community that's loosely based around keyboards, not a keyboard community.

That's exactly what GH is. I don't know where you thought you were, sir.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 11:59:23 »

We act like an internet community that's loosely based around keyboards, not a keyboard community.

That's exactly what GH is. I don't know where you thought you were, sir.

It also depends where you go on he forum. TS has said many times that he doesn't browse Making Stuff Together, which is where a lot of the keyboard discussion takes place. Not a lot of keyboard talk in Off-Topic.  :P

Offline mecano

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 12:39:28 »
Fortunately the New Members area tends to be a lot more forgiving of faux pases like this.

It's faux pas. It's one particular case. Because both words are already "wearing" their plural form when singular.
Hence, 1 pas, 10 pas, 1 faux De Chirico, 10 faux De Chirico.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 13:19:19 »

It's faux pas. It's one particular case. Because both words are already "wearing" their plural form when singular.

Merci :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 14:40:24 »
Spamray also necros ****. Why aren't people giving him crap?

Necroing is annoying as ****. And people using the excuse of "I didn't see the date" are full of it.  One thing is going back a month. Anything more is unnecessary.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 14:56:54 »
Spamray also necros ****. Why aren't people giving him crap?

Necroing is annoying as ****. And people using the excuse of "I didn't see the date" are full of it.  One thing is going back a month. Anything more is unnecessary.

demik I didn't know you cared so much.  :-*

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 15:33:23 »
There's also a red message appearing above the reply box warning if the thread is more than 120 days old.  Maybe that should be made a bit more obvious?

91307-0

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 15:39:29 »
There's also a red message appearing above the reply box warning if the thread is more than 120 days old.  Maybe that should be made a bit more obvious?

(Attachment Link)

It won't help.  You could literally have a page in between starting you're necroing, are you sure you want to necro and people would still do it.   And when they get called out, you'd get knee jerk defensiveness.

Just look at the posting in Ragnarok's polish cap thread.  It's tard level. 

If you want to do something, autolock posts older than 6 months and only allow posting after mod unlocks.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 February 2015, 15:41:38 by nubbinator »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 16:11:10 »
Question for everyone:
If someone necroed an old media thread ("Post your *whatever*"), is that bad? Obviously a sale thread or something of that sort is bad, but in the case of a media thread you either necro or make a redundant thread. Asking re: auto-lock recommendation.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 16:18:13 »
Post your should remain, unless they are duplicate or maybe overlapping threads.

Sometimes people forget about the threads, like the unicorn vomit and switch tester, for example.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 16:24:00 »
Post your should remain, unless they are duplicate or maybe overlapping threads.

Sometimes people forget about the threads, like the unicorn vomit and switch tester, for example.
A lot of the necro posts are long abandoned threads about projects and IC's it seems, which can be so easily avoided.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 16:25:39 »
1.  There's nothing else to talk about than where noobs post?  Really?
2.  Is there seriously a discussion about censoring necrobumps?  Really?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 16:27:56 »
1.  There's nothing else to talk about than where noobs post?  Really?
2.  Is there seriously a discussion about censoring necrobumps?  Really?

people are silly

people are silly
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline mecano

« Reply #34 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 16:33:01 »

Merci :)

De rien  ;)

Offline tbc

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 22:08:12 »
am i the only one that has seen multiple off forum complaints about ander?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #36 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 18:57:06 »
Do tell.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 19:01:47 »

Possibly...
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline tbc

« Reply #38 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 19:18:19 »
Do tell.

not going to name names, think irc and skype kinda places.  it's just that when i see the superchilled out people (not me obvs) make remarks about 'bad behavior', it makes me really 'suspicious(not sure if that's the best word...but it's all i got :p )

the first time i've seen this happen actually

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 16:35:29 »
Question for everyone:
If someone necroed an old media thread ("Post your *whatever*"), is that bad? Obviously a sale thread or something of that sort is bad, but in the case of a media thread you either necro or make a redundant thread. Asking re: auto-lock recommendation.

Yeah this is a good point. I don't think necro'ing is really a bad thing. Maybe it's pointless with a sale thread or something based around a specific time/event but digging up old discussions etc dsn't seem like a bad idea in principle.
If prefer the couple of necro posts to a new thread on the same thing every few months.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 17:43:03 »
I just found a necro'd thread.

The last post in that thread was about 2 years ago.  The OP hasn't logged in for about 6 months, and hasn't posted for nearly 9 months.

The new post did not really add anything to the conversation (which was a query about Filco warranty).

So I really have to ask how people find these old threads!

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 22:30:29 »

The last post in that thread was about 2 years ago.  The OP hasn't logged in for about 6 months, and hasn't posted for nearly 9 months.

The new post did not really add anything to the conversation (which was a query about Filco warranty).

Probably google. If it is a newer account, it would be helpful to answer or direct them to a more updated and modern thread.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #42 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 05:54:43 »

I posted in it because I thought the thread was hilarious. And it was top of the Keyboardco sub-forum

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #43 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 13:04:13 »

I posted in it because I thought the thread was hilarious. And it was top of the Keyboardco sub-forum

I realise that, but why did the person prior to you post?  And thus push it to the first page of topics?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 02 March 2015, 05:58:08 »

I realise that, but why did the person prior to you post?  And thus push it to the first page of topics?

Absolutely no idea

Offline Huxley2500

« Reply #45 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 20:47:13 »
Bump.

;D

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"