Author Topic: Small width view randomly appears  (Read 2412 times)

Offline Coreda

Small width view randomly appears
« on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 11:16:35 »
Sometimes when opening a thread or clicking the next page of thread the view of the page gets narrowed, as if it were a mobile view width.

Can't seem to reproduce the behavior as it's sporadic, anyone else experience this?

95277-0

Offline plegnic

• Treble Booty. Bass Guitar.
Re: Small width view randomly appears
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 11:31:46 »
Never happened to me. What are you using?
browser/os/brand of computer/resolution?
Planck MIT layout [MX Clears] (in-progress) | QuickFire Storm TK [MX Brown] | Poker II [MX Blue]

Offline Coreda

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 11:43:44 »
Never happened to me. What are you using?
browser/os/brand of computer/resolution?

Firefox on Windows. Happens maybe 1 out of 100 pages opened. I think the time it occurred when I took the screenshot I had Javascript disabled but it doesn't affect anything else (apart from the obvious such as smilies, inline quick post, image popups, etc), and I think it's happened at times when JS has been enabled, too.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 14:16:53 »
For the record I've never seen that in multiple browsers on multiple platforms.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tbc

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 02:14:11 »
what is the width of the browser window when that error occurs?
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Coreda

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 02:23:30 »
what is the width of the browser window when that error occurs?

The browser window stays the same, usually around 1200px. A refresh brings the width back to normal when it occurs. Only the posts are affected, as can be seen in the screenshot above.

Offline tbc

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 02:31:32 »
does resizing the window fix it without refreshing?

Offline Coreda

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 02:43:58 »

I'll try next time I encounter it, but I believe I may have tried this previously without any effect. Doesn't seem to be any @media CSS targeting on GH fwiw.

Offline tbc

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 04:05:05 »

I'll try next time I encounter it, but I believe I may have tried this previously without any effect. Doesn't seem to be any @media CSS targeting on GH fwiw.

haha, that's never stopped sillyness like interval callbacks or onscroll redraws.  ;)