Author Topic: Hello from Finland!  (Read 2731 times)

Offline Shroomster

Hello from Finland!
« on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 08:00:03 »
Hi guys. I have been an active member of the LinusTechTips forum (and a few others) for quite some time and decided to join this one as well. I currently own 2 mechanical keyboards and I am starting to reach the hoarding stage of buying a lot more. I hope you'll accept me as a member and help me with upcoming projects I have in mind  :P

Offline Yoe

• Alps & ISO <3
Re: Hello from Finland!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 08:45:37 »
Tervetuloa! :)

Offline Shroomster

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 09:39:21 »
Hei vaan ;)

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 13:26:44 »
Hello and welcome to GH! :cool:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 04:34:35 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Which keyboards have you got now, and which ones are you thinking of getting?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 07:50:50 »
Hi guys. I have been an active member of the LinusTechTips forum (and a few others) for quite some time and decided to join this one as well. I currently own 2 mechanical keyboards and I am starting to reach the hoarding stage of buying a lot more. I hope you'll accept me as a member and help me with upcoming projects I have in mind 
Gotta have teraset

Offline Shroomster

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 13:56:50 »
Hi guys. I have been an active member of the LinusTechTips forum (and a few others) for quite some time and decided to join this one as well. I currently own 2 mechanical keyboards and I am starting to reach the hoarding stage of buying a lot more. I hope you'll accept me as a member and help me with upcoming projects I have in mind 
Gotta have teraset
All the Ducky crap I could ever want  :D
Welcome to Geekhack!

I have a QPAD MK-50 which feels cheap, probably will take it apart for some Blue switches, I also have a Quickfire Pro with Reds. I am getting a Model M in a week or so. More to come obviously :P

Hello and welcome to GH! :cool:
Thanks!

Offline spwath

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 14:00:16 »
HI, im from LTT as well. You may recognize my profile gif (not giffing here tho :( )

Offline Shroomster

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 14:04:26 »
HI, im from LTT as well. You may recognize my profile gif (not giffing here tho :( )
Yeah, I know you. You have like 9000ish posts ;)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 06:03:52 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I have a QPAD MK-50 which feels cheap, probably will take it apart for some Blue switches, I also have a Quickfire Pro with Reds. I am getting a Model M in a week or so. More to come obviously :P

Ah the ever-popular QFR (I have 2) and Model M (I have 4) :))

Fine keyboards :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Shroomster

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 06:32:34 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I have the Quickfire Pro, which is a full size instead of a TKL. I used to have 3 Model Ms, but I sold them for double the value I bought them at :P

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 09:59:21 »
Terve

Oh hey look, I can write finnish, yay
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 05:56:34 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I have the Quickfire Pro, which is a full size instead of a TKL. I used to have 3 Model Ms, but I sold them for double the value I bought them at :P

I keep doing that - seeing "Quickfire Pro" and reading it as "Quickfire Rapid" :))

Offline KH

• My fotki pics
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 00:49:45 »
Moro ja tervetulloo boordille :))

Offline r0mIe_Ng

• Go hard or go home!!!
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 15:59:43 »
Hi guys. I'm a new member of GH and a foreign student Finland, been studying in here for over 4 years. It's great to see finns who are interested in mechkey :D.

Offline KH

• My fotki pics
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 06:20:41 »
Hi guys. I'm a new member of GH and a foreign student Finland, been studying in here for over 4 years. It's great to see finns who are interested in mechkey :D.
Where here in Finland are you studying? :D

Offline r0mIe_Ng

• Go hard or go home!!!
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 14:16:45 »

I'm studying in Kajaani atm :D

Offline KH

• My fotki pics
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 13:28:02 »

I'm studying in Kajaani atm :D
Haha, I live in Kajaani. I'm near Mantan grilli. I think we should meet?  :)) I'll pm you!

Offline burn1nsun

• My stupid YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 13:47:25 »
Tere suomilainen! Olen virolainen!  :)
HHKB Pro 2 l Pok3r Gateron Blacks