Author Topic: [GB] GMK Triumph Adler. Pics posted...  (Read 361840 times)

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
Re: [GB] GMK Triumph Adler. Pics posted...
« Reply #1950 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 22:36:40 »
Trying to get a more accurate representation of color in photos... shot RAW edited with color calibration.

Show Image

What do you guys think?

Looks pretty accurate.

I've elected to do a return on mine. A replacement is likely to have the same issues that irritate me on the first one, and at this point I'm trying to get rid of the only board that could actually take the set. Just have to wait for MD to get back to me. Probably Tuesday, it's been taking two business days for replies lol
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1951 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 02:20:57 »
I just can't get a color accurate photo.  I think this is the closest I got, and it was with my cellphone.

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1952 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 02:40:37 »
Finally extracted the pics from my camera.  I am still yet to inspect every keycap from damage, but there is little or no obvious defects on most of the keycaps.

108467-0

108469-1

108471-2

108473-3
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1953 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 02:51:49 »
Still deciding if I want to keep my set:

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1954 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 03:04:16 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Looks quite nice in that case!  :)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1955 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 04:33:47 »
Finally extracted the pics from my camera.  I am still yet to inspect every keycap from damage, but there is little or no obvious defects on most of the keycaps.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Untold, you got yours before I even get mine.  Although I got notice from MD more than three weeks ago that something was sent to my address.

Need to wait another two weeks before letting them know nothing was received.........

Enjoy your GMK finery here, they are not your common branded keys, they should be used in your finest keyboards without any hesitation.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1956 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 04:41:42 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Untold, you got yours before I even get mine.  Although I got notice from MD more than three weeks ago that something was sent to my address.

Need to wait another two weeks before letting them know nothing was received.........

Enjoy your GMK finery here, they are not your common branded keys, they should be used in your finest keyboards without any hesitation.

Currently installed on my QFS with MX greens - favourite MX switch, good solid keyboard :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #1957 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 06:14:21 »

Show Image

That is a nice looking case!

What switches/switch tops are you using? Escape and Alt look like MX Locks.

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #1958 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 07:20:28 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Where did that case come from?!?

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1959 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 08:25:43 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Where did that case come from?!?

He made it himself as far as I know.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1960 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 09:09:07 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Mr GMK Hype Master is back! Good to hear from you  :thumb:

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #1961 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 12:03:51 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

What keyboard/case is that? I love it..
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1962 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 01:53:01 »
Well as expected my caps arrived in a complete mess. Need to do a more complete inspection but I've already noticed a massive blue scratch on one of my numpad keys, in a bad enough mood already so I'm going to wait till I get home to do a proper look through. Now to see if MD will refund me instead of having to **** around waiting for replacements.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1964 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 04:27:05 »
Currently installed on my QFS with MX greens - favourite MX switch, good solid keyboard :)

You should get in there with some Tactile Greys totally worth the pressure on the fingers.

It's like each key is trying to resist your digit but it eventually bottoms out like an orgasmic scream, begging to be assaulted over and over again  8) .

YES the firmer Cherry's are what it's all about here, anything less is only wasting your time and effort because you need something to put up a resistance with every finger press.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1965 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 05:04:28 »

You should get in there with some Tactile Greys totally worth the pressure on the fingers.

It's like each key is trying to resist your digit but it eventually bottoms out like an orgasmic scream, begging to be assaulted over and over again  8) .

YES the firmer Cherry's are what it's all about here, anything less is only wasting your time and effort because you need something to put up a resistance with every finger press.

Sounds like my fingers would like that - I have long thin fingers, but very strong, and I bottom out everything!

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1966 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 06:18:23 »

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline techmattr

« Reply #1967 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 10:54:53 »
This is why I keep my D50 around. No CMOS censor is as color accurate as the old school CCD sensors.

Color calibrated U2410. Shot RAW with neutral profile. No editing. Saved as png. The file uploaded to imgur doesn't perfectly match the local file I have in Photoshop but it is really close. The file in Photoshop I can hold the keycap up to the screen and it matches as close as my eyes can tell.

Edit:
It seems imgur plays more nicely with jpg. These two shots are identical on my local PC. The jpg below is the accurate one.

« Last Edit: Mon, 17 August 2015, 11:12:29 by techmattr »

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1968 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 13:55:33 »
That is one of the most accurate photos I've seen so far, matches my set perfectly. Nice job on the pics techmattr!  :thumb:
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline techmattr

« Reply #1969 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 13:59:00 »
That is one of the most accurate photos I've seen so far, matches my set perfectly. Nice job on the pics techmattr!  :thumb:

Thanks!

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #1970 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 14:06:13 »
This is why I keep my D50 around. No CMOS censor is as color accurate as the old school CCD sensors.

Color calibrated U2410. Shot RAW with neutral profile. No editing. Saved as png. The file uploaded to imgur doesn't perfectly match the local file I have in Photoshop but it is really close. The file in Photoshop I can hold the keycap up to the screen and it matches as close as my eyes can tell.

Show Image

Edit:
It seems imgur plays more nicely with jpg. These two shots are identical on my local PC. The jpg below is the accurate one.

Show Image

Hm, for me the first pictures white balance is off, but the mods color fit nicely, and in the second picture the white balance is better, but than the mods are for me too dark and bluish. And that's were color reproduction begins, for your setup it is perfect, but for other screens probably not. Great capture BTW, I really like that case, keycap and cable combo! Is the cable some zombie color?
... ...

Offline techmattr

« Reply #1971 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 14:35:21 »

Show Image

Edit:

Show Image

Hm, for me the first pictures white balance is off, but the mods color fit nicely, and in the second picture the white balance is better, but than the mods are for me too dark and bluish. And that's were color reproduction begins, for your setup it is perfect, but for other screens probably not. Great capture BTW, I really like that case, keycap and cable combo! Is the cable some zombie color?

The two pictures are actually identical. There is some type of processing that imgur does that impacts png but not jpg apparently. Or maybe how the browser is rendering png? I'm not really sure.

Thanks! The cable color is from Atwood's 2015 Limited Edition collection.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #1972 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 14:36:38 »

Show Image

Edit:

Show Image

The two pictures are actually identical. There is some type of processing that imgur does that impacts png but not jpg apparently. Or maybe how the browser is rendering png? I'm not really sure.

On my iPhone the two pics are quite different
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline techmattr

« Reply #1973 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 14:44:58 »

Show Image

Edit:

Show Image

Yeah that's why I posted the 2nd one. I probably should have just deleted the first one to avoid confusion. The only difference between the two photos is one was saved as png (the first one) and one was saved as jpg (the second one). For some reason when uploading to imgur the png was completely different than it should have been. When I uploaded the the jpg it looked just how it does on my desktop.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #1974 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 14:52:24 »

Show Image

Edit:

Show Image

Yeah that's why I posted the 2nd one. I probably should have just deleted the first one to avoid confusion. The only difference between the two photos is one was saved as png (the first one) and one was saved as jpg (the second one). For some reason when uploading to imgur the png was completely different than it should have been. When I uploaded the the jpg it looked just how it does on my desktop.

I think that jpgs support embedded color profiles, right?  Maybe that's part of the difference?
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline techmattr

« Reply #1975 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 15:43:25 »

Show Image

Edit:

Show Image

I think that jpgs support embedded color profiles, right?  Maybe that's part of the difference?

I honestly don't know but that would explain the difference.

Offline dragonken

« Reply #1976 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 23:59:14 »
I got mine yesterday.
The color of mod keys is really too blue comparing to the prototype picture at page 1 which was impressed me to join this group buy.
The other problem is the led light leak.
I have many old cherry classic beige sets from taobao and 1 new GMK classic beige set from Originative.
I put the old keycaps / originative keycaps with some TA keys on a keyboard with red LED lighted on for side to side comparison.
I can say the led light leak of the TA keycaps is really unacceptable.
I have no other GMK mod keys like RGB or Cryllic so I am not sure is it a common problem for non classic beige keycaps.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1977 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 00:33:28 »
Mrs says that a MassDrop box got delivered today  :p .

She opened it and found the top tray has some scrambled keys in the center but the two other trays underneath are complete with no key mix-up at all.

Meaning only one tray is gonzo'd so that's to be expected when it's shipped from the US of A to Convict Town down under.

She actually said it's the first time I got any keys so neatly displayed because I usually get the normal bag format, like krack, delivered to my front door  :thumb: .

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1979 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 12:24:39 »
Mrs says that a MassDrop box got delivered today  :p .

She opened it and found the top tray has some scrambled keys in the center but the two other trays underneath are complete with no key mix-up at all.

Meaning only one tray is gonzo'd so that's to be expected when it's shipped from the US of A to Convict Town down under.

She actually said it's the first time I got any keys so neatly displayed because I usually get the normal bag format, like krack, delivered to my front door  :thumb: .

You get crack delivered to your front door? AU really is a convict settlement!

My boards:
More

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1980 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 20:02:16 »
You get crack delivered to your front door? AU really is a convict settlement!

Yeah, that white powdery stuff you rub between your toes.......  8) .

Offline naps250

« Reply #1981 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 02:02:37 »
So I received my set on Friday, but I could only take a look at it today. This is my first aftermarket set and first keycap groupbuy. The set arrived with half of it outside the tray. The tape on the right didn't hold I guess. I love the colours and didn't notice any significant scratches. There are some "marks" but they are not deep enough for me to care. The thing I don't understand is that every single keycap has a mark in the center of its back side (on the right side on the spacebars). They appear to be from the casting? Is it normal for keycaps to have such a mark and should I contact MD about it?

Thanks for the reply and thanks intelli for the wonderful set.

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #1982 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 02:30:19 »
So I received my set on Friday, but I could only take a look at it today. This is my first aftermarket set and first keycap groupbuy. The set arrived with half of it outside the tray. The tape on the right didn't hold I guess. I love the colours and didn't notice any significant scratches. There are some "marks" but they are not deep enough for me to care. The thing I don't understand is that every single keycap has a mark in the center of its back side (on the right side on the spacebars). They appear to be from the casting? Is it normal for keycaps to have such a mark and should I contact MD about it?

Thanks for the reply and thanks intelli for the wonderful set.

Yes, these are completely normal sprue marks. Have yet to see a single keyset that doesn't have them present.

Offline Paranoid

« Reply #1983 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 11:08:59 »
Finally got my order as well. Got taken hostage at customs. Gready bastards.

Found this sticker funny, since it comes from Germany. No clue what it's referring to though.

So yeah, keys everywhere except for where they should be.

The irony..

Anyway, after some sorting it's all tidy again. Colors are too warm in this picture so it's not really accurate.

Keyset looks really good. I found no immediate significant damage to the keys. There were some leftover bits of sprue on some keys but no big deal. Still can't believe how much I ended up paying for this though  :rolleyes:

Offline frostylove

« Reply #1984 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 11:39:17 »
Intelli78 takes a lot time on this GB, thank you.

But to me the result is unsatisfied. Big color difference and ****ty tray. The gray base is just not my favor.
Suhr Custom Standard Carve Top
Manson DL-1 Matt Bellamy Signature
Marshall JVM410H + 1960A
Lovepedal Kanji Enternity

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1985 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 19:41:48 »
Intelli78 takes a lot time on this GB, thank you.

But to me the result is unsatisfied. Big color difference and ****ty tray. The gray base is just not my favor.

The "Gray" base is essentially the original TA key-set hence the naming of this GB from the beginning.

Don't mind the gray colour because it's so light that the whole key-set should look divine in any off-white keyboard.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #1986 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 19:47:29 »

But to me the result is unsatisfied. Big color difference.
What are you comparing it to?

Offline frostylove

« Reply #1987 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 20:32:50 »

to the mock up in OP.
Suhr Custom Standard Carve Top
Manson DL-1 Matt Bellamy Signature
Marshall JVM410H + 1960A
Lovepedal Kanji Enternity

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #1988 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 20:46:21 »

to the mock up in OP.

In all fairness I don't think I've seen many, if any at all, key sets with mock ups that were accurate to my liking.  You sorta have to buy in hoping that the final product is to your liking which in your case didn't pan out. :(

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1989 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 21:45:06 »

to the mock up in OP.

In all fairness I don't think I've seen many, if any at all, key sets with mock ups that were accurate to my liking.  You sorta have to buy in hoping that the final product is to your liking which in your case didn't pan out. :(

Yep, although this colour-way is very well suited for any standard office fit out.  Any keyboard furnishing these little wonders will feel at home with such ease, which is why the TA was done in the first place.

It's a very conservative colour choice, so there should be no complaints from Admin about any inappropriateness relating to any office decor scheme  8) .

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #1990 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 01:29:24 »
This is my first experience of GMK keycaps and I must say I'm liking it so far. The plastic seems to be a little softer than the stock PBTs on my fc660 w/clears and they absorb a little of the shock of bottoming out. I had o-rings on the original caps - for bottom-out comfort only, I have no interest in quietening the sound - but with the GMK I actually prefer the way it feels without the o-rings.

Offline kacase

• All things bright and beautiful.
    • 9di
« Reply #1991 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 07:31:02 »
Not sure if this is normal for GMKs (this is my first set) but I already have shine on my left alt. I haven't even been using the keyboard the whole day.
Orion V2 | Rama M65-A | Rama M67-A aka. Exent | Keycool TKL | Cherry MX Board 3.0

Offline lolpes

« Reply #1992 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 07:50:23 »
Not sure if this is normal for GMKs (this is my first set) but I already have shine on my left alt. I haven't even been using the keyboard the whole day.

That is very strange, have you got some pics of the cap?

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1993 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 07:59:03 »

Do you really have shine or does the key just feel smoother than the others?

I noticed the latter with all my bottom row mods from GMK, but it doesn't bother me. There is no shine though (yet).

Edit:   spelling
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 August 2015, 08:02:55 by LechnerDE »

Offline kacase

• All things bright and beautiful.
    • 9di
« Reply #1994 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 12:21:50 »

That is very strange, have you got some pics of the cap?

Do you really have shine or does the key just feel smoother than the others?

I noticed the latter with all my bottom row mods from GMK, but it doesn't bother me. There is no shine though (yet).

Edit:   spelling

It's not just the feel of the cap. It actually looks shiny and very different compared to all other caps. I am on a business trip right now but will take a picture tomorrow, once i am back home. It makes sense that my left alt starts to shine first too, because I have my thumb on it a lot (I mainly use my right thumb for space). On other sets I had before (e.g. SP DSA Dolch and the those ****ty laser ABS ones that came with my MX Board 3.0) my left alt was the first key I had noticeable shine on... however it took at least half a year with extensive typing. The TKL I have my Adler on is only the board I use at home, so a couple of hours after work. I didn't think it would happen that quickly. Luckily I am planning to use the Adler on a WKL, so i will have some "fresh" modifiers ready for that.

Has anyone else already noticed shine on their Adler Caps yet or am I the only one to this point?

The picture will be up tomorrow evening (CEST).

Orion V2 | Rama M65-A | Rama M67-A aka. Exent | Keycool TKL | Cherry MX Board 3.0

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #1995 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 12:29:14 »
I was going to either use the Backspace, or Esc+Backspace, and this:

Requested a replacement from MassDrop

Anyone had luck with replacements?
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #1996 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 16:32:06 »
My keycaps just arrived from their long Germany-Brazil flight, with a stop at the US. As feared, most of the keys were out of the tray, but fortunately no missing keycaps. I made a quick inspection and no keycap have scratches on it. As I don't mind about swirls, didn't search them.

intelli78, the colors are stunning! I don't think the grey alphas are too light, for me they are perfect.

And those caps are going to the Cherry G80-3000 that I bought just for it. Photos will come... Soon™

EDIT: The potato picture. Don't mind the bed sheet, it's my little brother's bed:

108910-0
You can see the original keycaps and compare with TA.
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 August 2015, 17:36:17 by VinnyCordeiro »

Offline jackiecanev2

« Reply #1997 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 16:43:37 »
I've received a replacement from MD; it, too, arrived in the same fashion as the first. I was able to cobble together a complete set of undamaged keys between the two kits, and sent one set containing all the damaged keys back.
| HHKB2 | Viper | 356.2 | Ducati | pitties | scalpels |

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #1998 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 17:09:10 »
I've received a replacement from MD; it, too, arrived in the same fashion as the first. I was able to cobble together a complete set of undamaged keys between the two kits, and sent one set containing all the damaged keys back.

Unbelievable!

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #1999 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 17:12:05 »