Author Topic: [IC] Octopad+ - 8-key Macropad w/ 2 Rotary Encoders (E-White Proto Pics Inside)  (Read 22259 times)

Offline Garner

I've been looking for a macropad like this and the prototype looks great, I filled out the IC forms.
+1 for the blue color.

Offline anonymous

I have finally received the e-white prototype. This is my first time owning an e-white board so I do not have a benchmark but I think it looks very good. It's smooth to the touch and the coating is consistent.

The machining on the outside is 99% perfect (You can see it on the photos below). I did not see any machining errors. I only saw some minuscule dents on the underside of the top case which cannot be seen when the board is placed on a table. According to the manufacturer this is probably caused by handling during the coating process and can be avoided by being more careful.

(If you noticed on the lower left part on the first pic, there is a dent on the case and it is my fault. I forgot to remove in on my table during the night and when I woke up in the morning I just heard a bang on floor and I saw my daughter on my table and the Octopad on the floor)

The internal machining is not perfect but it cannot be seen when assembled. Nevertheless, I requested to the manufacturer to improve on the internal machining during mass production.

The infilled logo is my favorite part. Without the infill, it won't look this good. Since it is enamel, it is durable and should be near impossible to be removed easily.

« Last Edit: Thu, 29 April 2021, 00:52:03 by anonymous »

Offline falcon_xc

This looks amazing! The logo should certainly be color filled

E-White = Black Logo

Black = White Logo

Good variations. I know you mentioned initial batches would be limited locally but would you consider widening the scope? I would be really interested to get my hands on this as I am sure others would!

Offline erbedama

I am ready for you.

Offline Gbanek

I like this. Give me this.

Offline General_Pretzel

Any new updates here? I'm interested in the black. Will there be an enamel infill on the bottom engraving for black as well, and if so what color? Would love to see some sort of gold color

Offline Ferrut

i need this

Offline clickpig

• naisu naisu naisu
I'm gonna need knobs with googly eyes.

very interested though

Offline xmobotx

super ready to buy 2 of these the moment they become available :eek:

Offline anonymous

Groupbuy will start soon! Currently preparing the website

Offline anonymous

Here's an overview + teardown of the Octopad+ by TechBroll, a local youtuber/streamer. (Note: The video is in Tagalog) https://youtu.be/YtL1ee0bv_I

Offline xmobotx

Re: [IC] Octopad+ - An Aluminum 8-key Macropad with 2 Rotary Encoders
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 18:23:02 »
First look at the Octopad+ prototype. This will be coated in E-White.

Show Image

any chance of a clear coated raw?

Offline KevinSanToast

Would you be able to put a nice!nano on this to make it bluetooth?

Offline xmobotx

yeah insta-clicked & insta bought.

I bet the update is coming that these are available https://deskdaily.store/

Offline JoltFX

I really like the design but $50 for shipping…

Offline JoltFX

03/02/20201 Update:

5. Regional Proxy?
 - Half of the responses on the IC form is from US residents. I am currently speaking with a US Vendor that I have worked with previously and I am strongly considering them as a proxy for USA. Orders will still be handled by me but they will be handling shipping to US addresses to save on shipping costs.

Whatever happened to US proxy? Is $50 US shipping with proxy?