Author Topic: Post your Duckies!  (Read 250126 times)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
Re: Post your Duckies!
« Reply #400 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 18:20:33 »
I kind of don't want to peel it, although it might feel really good to peel it... Like a new phone and you peel that screen protector off of it.
Show Image

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA... guilty. I cut around the edges of it so it stays on my phone flush... my last phone... i had it on there for the entire 2 years of my contract LOL

Offline luis911

« Reply #401 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 18:23:54 »
I kind of don't want to peel it, although it might feel really good to peel it... Like a new phone and you peel that screen protector off of it.
Show Image

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA... guilty. I cut around the edges of it so it stays on my phone flush... my last phone... i had it on there for the entire 2 years of my contract LOL

Oh god thats like the first thing I do on new phones.
Check out my website FDMPrints.org

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #402 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 18:26:20 »
Show Image

Oh god thats like the first thing I do on new phones.

My Note 3 currently still has it on :P

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #403 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 18:29:18 »
With my Nexus I took it off immediately lol. It has wording on it lol.
So I bought a iLoome screen protector.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #404 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 18:30:12 »
Show Image

People peel the protector of phone screens? :eek: :confused:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline luis911

« Reply #405 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 18:33:47 »
Show Image

The ones that come on phone arent even real screen protectors. They peel fairly easy. I think they are just designed to protect the screen during assembly and transportation, but besides that they are a hindrance.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #406 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 18:37:32 »
Show Image

The ones that come on phone arent even real screen protectors. They peel fairly easy. I think they are just designed to protect the screen during assembly and transportation, but besides that they are a hindrance.

Dude, I think he knows ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #407 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 19:15:37 »
Lol....

Offline luis911

« Reply #408 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 19:17:59 »
Show Image

Dude, I think he knows ;)
:cool: Oh  :cool:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #409 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 17:23:03 »
Ducky Yellow edition with Ducky Shine 1 keycaps on it.

The legends are quite legible, although the backlighting looks far more orange than in this potato pic.

56562-0

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #410 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 17:25:04 »

The legends are quite legible, although the backlighting looks far more orange than in this potato pic.

(Attachment Link)

You need some Rowdy Yellow on that thing!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #411 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 17:32:12 »

(Attachment Link)

The only Rowdy Yellow I have is Topre.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #412 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 17:35:01 »

(Attachment Link)

I hear Topre-compatible MX stems are coming out soon!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #413 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 17:58:25 »

(Attachment Link)

But not MX-compatible Topre stems.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #414 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 17:58:51 »

(Attachment Link)

Who'd want those?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #415 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 18:01:25 »

(Attachment Link)

Who'd want those?

So I can put my Topre Rowdy Yellow on my Ducky Yellow Edition?

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #416 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 18:02:51 »

(Attachment Link)

Who'd want those?

We're using opposite terminology to express the same thing. ;)

(To be more clear, I was making a bad joke.)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #417 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 18:03:50 »

(Attachment Link)

Who'd want those?

We're using opposite terminology to express the same thing. ;)

(To be more clear, I was making a bad joke.)

I thought we were opposite the express terminology using the same thing ???

Offline tbc

« Reply #418 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 03:36:26 »
I know this is terribad....but i freaking love it in person

56627-0

#LEGITBALLIN #DRAGONZORD
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #419 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 05:53:40 »
Shiny.... :eek:

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #420 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 14:00:19 »
I bought a Ducky DK9008 Shine II White LED Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Brown Cherry MX) for my wife last year, which she loves. When my mother-in-law came to visit she fell in love with the keyboard too. I explained to her that it was a limited edition keyboard and that they had been discontinued, but told her I'd see what I could do.

As luck would have it, they must have found a couple in the back and I was able to snag another one! To dress things up a bit, I also bought a set of Cherry MX Keycap Set - Shine White ABS (Ducky) and the results are below.

I let my wife pick out which color combination she preferred and then sent the other to her mother for her birthday on Monday. She was over the moon and loves the keyboard!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #421 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 14:01:17 »
Ooo, I liek it.
I love Elzy

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #422 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 15:36:45 »
The alphas almost form a heart shape!  :)
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #423 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 17:31:39 »
But what happened to `~ and \| ?

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #424 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 17:42:45 »

I prefer them to match the mods.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #425 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 18:20:47 »

Same here. It looks a bit wrong otherwise, imo. :P
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #426 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 19:30:41 »
Nice get Mashby!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #427 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 19:31:55 »

by wrong you mean the way it's suppose to be?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #428 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 19:41:29 »
Nathan's Set on my first modern mechanical keyboard, a Ducky Shine (version 1) with MX blues and red backlighting.

56884-0

56886-1

A special set on a special board.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #429 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 19:45:49 »

by wrong you mean the way it's suppose to be?

Yes? But it doesn't look 'right' to me.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #430 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 23:31:40 »
Nathan's Set on my first modern mechanical keyboard, a Ducky Shine (version 1) with MX blues and red backlighting.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

A special set on a special board.
I like those caps.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #431 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 08:29:46 »
More
I bought a Ducky DK9008 Shine II White LED Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Brown Cherry MX) for my wife last year, which she loves. When my mother-in-law came to visit she fell in love with the keyboard too. I explained to her that it was a limited edition keyboard and that they had been discontinued, but told her I'd see what I could do.

As luck would have it, they must have found a couple in the back and I was able to snag another one! To dress things up a bit, I also bought a set of Cherry MX Keycap Set - Shine White ABS (Ducky) and the results are below.

I let my wife pick out which color combination she preferred and then sent the other to her mother for her birthday on Monday. She was over the moon and loves the keyboard!

Show Image

Show Image

Nice quack quack's you got there. :D I really like how you interchange the mods and alphas.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline xxsoulxx

« Reply #432 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 06:52:31 »
Hi today i got my new ducky shine 3 YYY with white switches, nordic layout. :)

greetings from germany ;)

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #433 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 08:30:39 »

Great looking board xxsoulxx! Congrats!

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #434 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 10:30:25 »
Nice [former?] collection VesperSAINT. I forgot all about the OC.net edition until I saw yours. Pretty cool. And where did you get those blank windowed keys in the first image? Are those straight from Ducky?

XD And nice LSAT books. My prep books are in similar uses...

Show Image

That G500 Mouse :3

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #435 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 17:56:35 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

So much yellow ... nice :)

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #436 on: Thu, 13 March 2014, 05:28:24 »
My Ducky is a penguin now!

Offline xxsoulxx

« Reply #437 on: Thu, 13 March 2014, 07:27:34 »
@infiniti : looks very nice, :) i wish i could buy the white ducky ABS keycap set but unfortunately its sold out everywhere in nordic layout. -.-

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
« Reply #438 on: Thu, 13 March 2014, 08:08:52 »
@infiniti : looks very nice, :) i wish i could buy the white ducky ABS keycap set but unfortunately its sold out everywhere in nordic layout. -.-

Thanks!  I knew white was hard to come by so I snapped these up given the chance (and funds haha :p).  I don't think the keycaps are in production anymore since they additional legends for the media keys, etc. are only for the Shine 2.  I hope you soon find what you're looking for! ;)

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #439 on: Thu, 13 March 2014, 20:12:55 »

Show Image

Show Image

That looks killer! I love the caps.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #440 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 04:17:25 »
Ducky Shine Yellow Edition with a mixture of its original keycaps and those from Ducky Shine version 1.  Also Oktoberfest on Esc.

57554-0

57556-1

57558-2

57560-3

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #441 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 04:42:53 »
Ducky Shine Yellow Edition with a mixture of its original keycaps and those from Ducky Shine version 1.  Also Oktoberfest on Esc.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Slick Rowdy :thumb:
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline xxsoulxx

« Reply #442 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 05:38:59 »
@rowdy : Hi sick, thank you so much for this idea freaking awesome. ;)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #443 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 05:54:02 »

IRL it looks far more orange though.

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
« Reply #444 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 07:41:18 »

Show Image

Show Image

That looks killer! I love the caps.

You could say it looks killer like a killer whale (they're black and white too haha)

________

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Awesome rowdy!  Mix a white set with the yellow set and go full oktoberfest! :cool:

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #445 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 08:28:59 »

Show Image

Show Image

Nice Combination sir :D

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Nice combination black and yellow Rowdy ;)

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
« Reply #446 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 08:33:39 »

Show Image

Show Image

Nice Combination sir :D

I couldn't have done it without you!  ;)

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #447 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 02:29:36 »

(Attachment Link)
As a fellow aficionado of yerr0, I raise you this:
57690-0

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #448 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 04:11:08 »

(Attachment Link)
As a fellow aficionado of yerr0, I raise you this:
(Attachment Link)

Sweet :)

If I could be bothered, I'd put my two yellow Tai Hao sets on my QFR and KeyCool and raise you another one.

But not today ;)

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #449 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 04:29:20 »
I have some other things on the shelf as well ;)