Author Topic: Post your Duckies!  (Read 250146 times)

Offline cephelix

• to buy or not to buy?
Re: Post your Duckies!
« Reply #650 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 09:06:49 »
I was hoping to have them without the leds on.... :D

I'll try them out. but so far, i've been quite insensitive to these things. but who knows. I might be one of those #pbtmasterrace guys eh?
ALi
Filco MJ2 TKL MX Browns | KC60 Gateron Browns

Offline bowji

• Came for the Keycaps, stayed for the community.
« Reply #651 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 10:42:47 »
You guys took modding to a whole new level lol mine feels so outdated compared to the extremes..
               FREE GIRLDC!!     코리안 스레드

Offline Geoph

« Reply #652 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 12:40:11 »
Kind of embarrassed to post my Ducky keyboard now. It's only stock keycaps!

Offline cephelix

• to buy or not to buy?
« Reply #653 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 15:50:02 »
You guys took modding to a whole new level lol mine feels so outdated compared to the extremes..
nahhh..there are more extreme one out there...especially the one making their own custom keyboards

Kind of embarrassed to post my Ducky keyboard now. It's only stock keycaps!
PICS!!lol... the point is appreciation,not modification.mins is stock as well fyi
ALi

Offline Geoph

« Reply #654 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 16:29:55 »
My few month old, very first mechanical keyboard. Recently had some chattering issues with it and cleaned it up with some 99 isopropyl alcohol, which seems to of fixed it for now :)

Samsung Galaxy s5 doesn't seem to have that good quality :(
83066-0

Offline KH

• My fotki pics
« Reply #655 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 19:03:45 »
It's pretty even if it's original :-* But fullsize is something weird, I get used to the TKL and all bigger seems weird :p

Offline cephelix

• to buy or not to buy?
« Reply #656 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 19:17:26 »
My few month old, very first mechanical keyboard. Recently had some chattering issues with it and cleaned it up with some 99 isopropyl alcohol, which seems to of fixed it for now :)

(Attachment Link)

Finally, another person with TK! now i don't feel so left out. any plans to change the caps or anything?

It's pretty even if it's original :-* But fullsize is something weird, I get used to the TKL and all bigger seems weird :p
you're just jealous of us TKs!..lol
ALi

Offline KH

• My fotki pics
« Reply #657 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 19:41:50 »

When I first saw 60% board, hehenri's bumblebee V60, I was sold. That's it, just that is what I want and TKL is somekind of compromise but not The Thing which is 60%. :)) And December 9th it'll be here, I'm just in love with it already :-*

TKs are awesome but they're so big and I don't need numbad, even I used it alot but got used to live without it immediately. :))

Sorry for so much offtopic. :-[

Offline cephelix

• to buy or not to buy?
« Reply #658 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 19:44:39 »
I get where you're coming from.maybe my next one will be TKL.anyways, are there resources that show ducky premier modifications? Havent been able to find any.seems like the premier isn't as popular as the shine 3
ALi

Offline KH

• My fotki pics
« Reply #659 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 19:47:56 »
What's the difference between Shine 3 and premier? Just caps?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #660 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 20:29:58 »
What's the difference between Shine 3 and premier? Just caps?
The shine 3 has many backlighting options (all keys have leds) and that is the main feature, the premiere only has a few backlit keys and has dip switch selectable support for Dvorak and colemak as well as a typist mode. And as you said the stock caps will be different as well.

Offline Geoph

« Reply #661 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 20:53:49 »

(Attachment Link)

Finally, another person with TK! now i don't feel so left out. any plans to change the caps or anything?

I use the number pad for work and had a razor lycosa for around 5 years before this keyboard, so even going from that huge thing to this keyboard was strange. Though I could imagine life with a TKL, maybe for the next board as viewing here and /r/mk makes me want to kinda start a collection too, is this a good idea?! And yeah I do want to change some keycaps but I literally only very recently started looking at forums and such regarding mechanical boards and I have no idea what fits what and all that. I did see some nice translucent keys that's I was super interested in, but being from the UK and ordering from the US with postage seems to be pretty expensive and I don't really know where to look to get caps to go over just the letter keys, I think it's called alphanumerical? Though I did see a back lit dota2 key on GeekKeys that I ordered immediately. Considering getting a cable from Pexon as that vendor is about 10 miles away from where I live :p

Offline cephelix

• to buy or not to buy?
« Reply #662 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 21:52:40 »
@KH, as stated by spamray, those are the differences between the shine series and the premier.
@Geoph a collection? Well, most people here have a few keyboards. I personally cannot justify spending that amount of cash when I won't be using the items often.If you have the funds, why not?? As for the keycaps, take a look around the forum.There are vendors and artisan caps etc. I got my links from there. For Ducky keyboards, it uses the OEM cherry profile, which is something to take note of only if you're changing a few key caps.If you're changing the whole set, then it shouldn't really matter so long as the cap sizes for the modifiers are the same.Also take note if your board layout is ANSI or ISO. Off the top my head, I know that the enter and capslock keys are different between the 2 layouts.
I've recently ordered a keycap set from Max keyboards and the shipping to Singapore seems reasonable.
As for changing cables I've read somewhere that not all cables are compatible with the Ducky keyboards due to a different wiring or some sort. So be sure to take not of that.

I also recently ordered a cloud keycap from Signature Plastics that is going to replace my escape button. I think it's gonna look good with a blue backlight
ALi

Offline Geoph

« Reply #663 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 09:44:34 »
@Geoph a collection? Well, most people here have a few keyboards. I personally cannot justify spending that amount of cash when I won't be using the items often.If you have the funds, why not?? As for the keycaps, take a look around the forum.There are vendors and artisan caps etc. I got my links from there. For Ducky keyboards, it uses the OEM cherry profile, which is something to take note of only if you're changing a few key caps.If you're changing the whole set, then it shouldn't really matter so long as the cap sizes for the modifiers are the same.Also take note if your board layout is ANSI or ISO. Off the top my head, I know that the enter and capslock keys are different between the 2 layouts.
I've recently ordered a keycap set from Max keyboards and the shipping to Singapore seems reasonable.
As for changing cables I've read somewhere that not all cables are compatible with the Ducky keyboards due to a different wiring or some sort. So be sure to take not of that.

I also recently ordered a cloud keycap from Signature Plastics that is going to replace my escape button. I think it's gonna look good with a blue backlight

That would suck if I wanted to get a custom cable and it didn't work, thanks for the heads up. Only want the translucent letter keys to be fair but my girlfriend think it's totally silly that I want to customize by keyboard because it's "just a keyboard" Also a good reason for a full layout keyboard is more keys to customize! I was looking at some of the artisan keycaps and thought those would look awesome over my pc/home/email/calc keys.

Offline cephelix

• to buy or not to buy?
« Reply #664 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 13:58:38 »

That would suck if I wanted to get a custom cable and it didn't work, thanks for the heads up. Only want the translucent letter keys to be fair but my girlfriend think it's totally silly that I want to customize by keyboard because it's "just a keyboard" Also a good reason for a full layout keyboard is more keys to customize! I was looking at some of the artisan keycaps and thought those would look awesome over my pc/home/email/calc keys.
I want a few of the artisan keycaps as well!!but it seems that we're in between sales. only way is to get them from the classifieds
ALi

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #665 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 15:11:54 »

I want a few of the artisan keycaps as well!!but it seems that we're in between sales. only way is to get them from the classifieds

Have patience - another sale will occur eventually.

Also prepare for disappointment.  Some get lucky on their first sale, some on their second, some on their tenth.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline cephelix

• to buy or not to buy?
« Reply #666 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 15:48:17 »

Have patience - another sale will occur eventually.

Also prepare for disappointment.  Some get lucky on their first sale, some on their second, some on their tenth.

Yeah.it's no biggie....cool to have, and some have really nice designs.. but it's fine if i don't
wasn't here during when artisan keycaps were going for high prices but i still like the direction the members are taking, those with spare caps selling it to the new guys at cost.
never seen anything like it
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 December 2014, 15:54:19 by cephelix »
ALi

Offline xxsoulxx

« Reply #667 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 18:23:25 »
Hi guys, finally got my Ducky Shine 3 YOTS thanks to "Motan22"  thanks :thumb:

Offline EvilOliv3

« Reply #668 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 03:32:40 »
Hi guys, finally got my Ducky Shine 3 YOTS thanks to "Motan22"  thanks :thumb:
looks sw33t. really digging the alum frame of the YOTS edition.

Offline xxsoulxx

« Reply #669 on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 20:00:58 »
But not quite sure, wouldn't it look better without the cherry metal sticker ? What do you think ?

Offline frostylove

« Reply #670 on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 20:25:18 »
84338-0
Suhr Custom Standard Carve Top
Manson DL-1 Matt Bellamy Signature
Marshall JVM410H + 1960A
Lovepedal Kanji Enternity

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #671 on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 21:32:25 »
Very pretty Duckies in here :D

Already posted in "what's in the mail" thread but relevant here too. Just got my Ducky white laser engraved PBT caps from Massdrop

Mira SE  |  Clueboard  |   B.face  |  HHKB Type-S

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #672 on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 23:18:48 »
(Attachment Link)

That's nice!

I hadn't thought of putting my BumbleBee set on my Ducky Yellow :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline xxsoulxx

« Reply #673 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 14:59:30 »
@Rayoui : This looks fantastic, have to order some white engraved keycaps too :D

Offline EvilOliv3

« Reply #674 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 18:45:19 »
But not quite sure, wouldn't it look better without the cherry metal sticker ? What do you think ?

lol yea i take that back, get rid of the cherry logo.

Offline xxsoulxx

« Reply #675 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 16:21:26 »

Done. Looks better  :))

Offline EvilOliv3

« Reply #676 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 23:55:08 »

nice.
man looking at pictures of other peep's duckies with white leds makes me regret getting magenta. whites look a lot more cleaner and I seem to dig it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #677 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 00:07:38 »

nice.
man looking at pictures of other peep's duckies with white leds makes me regret getting magenta. whites look a lot more cleaner and I seem to dig it.

You know something to aim for when you buy your next keyboard :)

Offline bowji

« Reply #678 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 00:57:23 »
Recently added Leopold's side print keycaps...
Now a full "Ninja" DS3   :D

Offline EvilOliv3

« Reply #679 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 01:52:14 »

nice.

You know something to aim for when you buy your next keyboard :)

aye, definitely gonna be on the top of the list.

Offline mapple

« Reply #680 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 15:51:09 »
to much quotes to take, where da hell you guys getting alu case for those keyboards (meant shine 2/3 TKL)  ?????????? i'm looking for that over a year..................
In God We Trust

Offline xxsoulxx

« Reply #681 on: Wed, 24 December 2014, 04:55:32 »
to much quotes to take, where da hell you guys getting alu case for those keyboards (meant shine 2/3 TKL)  ?????????? i'm looking for that over a year..................

I dont get the case extra, i bought the YOTS edition here in the forums thanks to Motan22. :)

Offline Xonar

• Cathode Ray Tubes
    • DPS
« Reply #682 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 13:31:43 »

Just a standard Shine 3. Nothing special... yet. Gonna get a set of Vortex doubleshot backlit PBT caps for it soon.
IBM Model F XT 5291 Bigfoot x2 | Unicomp UN4KPHA JP Spacesaver M | IBM Model M 3270 APL 122-Key | SHARP X68000 | SGI AT-101 | Samsung TH-5539 FAME Blue Alps | IBM Japanese Pingmaster | HHKB Type-S | IBM Model M 1392595, 6/4/1990 | IBM Model M 1391401, 2/2/1988 | Lexmark-branded 1398601 Model M, 8/18/1995 | Unicomp UB40T5A 122-Key, 5/20/2011 | Sun Type 4 | Sun Type 5c | DEC LK-401AA

Offline cephelix

• to buy or not to buy?
« Reply #683 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 16:16:43 »
There recently was a vortex doubleshot pbt backlit compatible set on massdrop.was tempted to get it untip i saw that the secondary functions on the keys did not light up
ALi

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #684 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 16:21:25 »

Offline Xonar

• Cathode Ray Tubes
    • DPS
« Reply #685 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 16:24:33 »
There recently was a vortex doubleshot pbt backlit compatible set on massdrop.was tempted to get it untip i saw that the secondary functions on the keys did not light up

I held off on that drop since they're on MK.com for not much more. And yeah, that's the only thing that kinda turns me away from them. It's not that I need to see the secondary functions, but it's not as visually appealing when they aren't lit up. They're still the best quality backlit caps available for a reasonable price, though, so I guess I'll have to deal with it.
IBM Model F XT 5291 Bigfoot x2 | Unicomp UN4KPHA JP Spacesaver M | IBM Model M 3270 APL 122-Key | SHARP X68000 | SGI AT-101 | Samsung TH-5539 FAME Blue Alps | IBM Japanese Pingmaster | HHKB Type-S | IBM Model M 1392595, 6/4/1990 | IBM Model M 1391401, 2/2/1988 | Lexmark-branded 1398601 Model M, 8/18/1995 | Unicomp UB40T5A 122-Key, 5/20/2011 | Sun Type 4 | Sun Type 5c | DEC LK-401AA

Offline cephelix

• to buy or not to buy?
« Reply #686 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 16:27:21 »
True....one of the reasons i changed from a blackwidow is because the secondary functions weren't lit.couple that with the colour of the stock keycaps, i just couldn't sed anything when i type in a dark room, especially when the backlight was off...looking for a pbt set where all the characters are lit.....know of any?
ALi

Offline Blaklyte

« Reply #687 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 09:38:21 »
I received my first mechanical keyboard in the mail yesterday. It's a Ducky Shine 3 TKL with white LED Cherry MX Brown.

So far I'm not too sure if I like it or not. I bought it mostly for gaming, I play a lot of CS:GO, EvE Online, League of Legends and a couple of others. Maybe I didn't use the keyboard enough yet but I feel like the keys are so tall that's it's hard to do certain quick tap. Also I feel like the keycaps move more from side to side or more of a wiggle them my old Logitech G11.

An other thing is that I was expecting it to come with the Ducky spacebar and it came with the Snake spacebar only. I had to call NCIX and they said they will see if they can send me a Ducky spacebar. I hope that I will be able to get used to it, had for now I feel like it's more distracting then anything else during game. Any of you found the transition from membrane keyboard to mechanical keyboard difficult? Did you learn to like or even love it?

Offline cephelix

• to buy or not to buy?
« Reply #688 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 09:50:53 »
More
I received my first mechanical keyboard in the mail yesterday. It's a Ducky Shine 3 TKL with white LED Cherry MX Brown.

Show Image

Show Image

So far I'm not too sure if I like it or not. I bought it mostly for gaming, I play a lot of CS:GO, EvE Online, League of Legends and a couple of others. Maybe I didn't use the keyboard enough yet but I feel like the keys are so tall that's it's hard to do certain quick tap. Also I feel like the keycaps move more from side to side or more of a wiggle them my old Logitech G11.

An other thing is that I was expecting it to come with the Ducky spacebar and it came with the Snake spacebar only. I had to call NCIX and they said they will see if they can send me a Ducky spacebar. I hope that I will be able to get used to it, had for now I feel like it's more distracting then anything else during game. Any of you found the transition from membrane keyboard to mechanical keyboard difficult? Did you learn to like or even love it?
That looks good. Exactly the board I would've bought if the store had them but in the end I was reminded why i avoided a backlit board on my recent purchase. For me it did take quite a while to get used to the height of the caps, especially coming from a relatively flat membrane keyboard. You can't exactly rest your wrist on the desk now, especially if you don't want to strain your fingers/wrist.
ALi

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #689 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 10:39:05 »

Show Image

Show Image

If you are coming from a membrane keyboard, I can understand how you might have issues with a perceived difficulty in double-tapping due to key travel. You are used to having to bottom out your keys completely in order to register a keypress. With Cherry MX switches, you only need to press the key down about halfway before the switch will actuate and register the keypress. There is quite a bit of travel below the actuation point but it is unnecessary to press the key this far down. In reality, your new keyboard should be much more responsive than a rubber dome keyboard. It's just a matter of getting that muscle memory for the new switches.

If you find you are having trouble with the height of the keycaps, you can always try switching them for a shorter profile keycap set (such as Cherry profile or Signature Plastics DCS profile). Keep in mind, some people have issues with keycaps hitting the LEDs and not bottoming out properly with some backlit keyboards when using very thick, shorter profile keycaps (like the popular Leopold thick PBT set).

Hope you get everything worked out with your new keyboard!

Offline Blaklyte

« Reply #690 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 10:52:15 »
Thanks for all the replies. Not bottoming out the key will take getting used to. Also I feel like the number keys or way taller then what I'm used to "I mean where the top of the WASD keys are and where the top of the 12345 keys are", not sure if you understand what I mean by that. But switching between weapon in CS feels weird because of that height. I sometimes hit the side of the key cap instead of hitting the top. I will practice this week and see if I can get better and if it will start to feel natural.

Do anyone find membrane keyboard just had good for games? I talked to some pro CS players, I've told them that I never did the switch to mechanical, They all told me I was behind the curve and that I should get one. Now I'm wondering if I should have kept my old keyboard  :-\
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 January 2015, 11:04:05 by Blaklyte »

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #691 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 11:05:33 »
Thanks for all the replies. Not bottoming out the key will take getting used to. Also I feel like the number keys or way taller then what I'm used to "I mean where the top of the WASD keys are and where the top of the 12345 keys are", not sure if you understand what I mean by that. But switching between weapon in CS feels weird because of that height. I sometimes hit the side of the key cap instead of hitting the top. I will practice this week and see if I can get better and if it will start to feel natural.

Do anyone find membrane keyboard just had good for games? I talked to some pro CS players, I've told them that I never did the switch to mechanical, They all told me I was behind the curve and that I should get one.

Rather than consciously trying to avoid bottoming out (which would be pretty difficult, especially while gaming), I'd say it would be better to try to train yourself to just be aware that you don't have to bottom out. Once you do this, it should start to feel more responsive and over time you'll find that you aren't deliberately pressing the keys down as hard.

The keycaps that come on the Ducky Shine 3 have a very pronounced curvature which makes the sides of the cap stick up a bit further than other sets I've seen. If you don't plan on changing them, it's just a matter of getting used to them

Offline Blaklyte

« Reply #692 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 11:21:14 »

Do anyone find membrane keyboard just had good for games? I talked to some pro CS players, I've told them that I never did the switch to mechanical, They all told me I was behind the curve and that I should get one.

Rather than consciously trying to avoid bottoming out (which would be pretty difficult, especially while gaming), I'd say it would be better to try to train yourself to just be aware that you don't have to bottom out. Once you do this, it should start to feel more responsive and over time you'll find that you aren't deliberately pressing the keys down as hard.

The keycaps that come on the Ducky Shine 3 have a very pronounced curvature which makes the sides of the cap stick up a bit further than other sets I've seen. If you don't plan on changing them, it's just a matter of getting used to them

I did thing of changing the keycaps, I knew it was an option when I bought it. People talked a lot about PCB keycaps but I didn't really look into it. I was also thinking that o-ring might help but I don't have enough experience with mechanical keyboard and don't know what kind of difference it would make.

There's only one store were I live that sell mechanical keyboard and the only one they have is Razer with Razer switches. I kinda had to make my decision half blind, and could not test anything beforehand. I just hope everything will fall in place.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #693 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 17:05:31 »
O-rings will reduce the downward travel and dampen the bottoming out sound somewhat.

If you prefer flatter more uniform keycap profile, try DSA.

Offline Blaklyte

« Reply #694 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 13:43:59 »
Well I played some more yesterday and it's starting to get more natural. :cool:

Offline cephelix

• to buy or not to buy?
« Reply #695 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 16:34:05 »
Well I played some more yesterday and it's starting to get more natural. :cool:
great to hear that.......just takes some getting used to
ALi

Offline thefebruaryman

• turn it off and turn it on again
« Reply #696 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 13:19:02 »
Got the spray job done today on my ducky shine 3. Camera doesn't do it justice

Offline cephelix

• to buy or not to buy?
« Reply #697 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 14:53:44 »
That looks really nice.should take pics under sunlight. Especially liking the raven.Can't wait to receive mine
ALi

Offline mapple

« Reply #698 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 00:55:34 »
ok i get that full size you can get alu case on market but what about tkl, i know that many of you just do respray but some have alu case which cannot be seen anywhere........... or i'm mistaken?
In God We Trust

Offline bowji

« Reply #699 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 01:07:04 »
Now thats a ducky bling 3! great work on the spray job  :thumb: