geekhack Community > Off Topic

I am a virgin...

<< < (3/3)

ashort:

--- Quote from: bhtooefr;19010 ---The AEK2 is nothing special, IMO. Give me a good quality rubber dome over that thing.
--- End quote ---

Dude, this could be tagged as a "religious troll" post.  :-D

bhtooefr:
Except I own an AEK2, and definitely dislike it. It's fine for the computer that it's attached to, which I use infrequently, but...

grimace:

--- Quote from: bhtooefr;19405 ---Except I own an AEK2, and definitely dislike it. It's fine for the computer that it's attached to, which I use infrequently, but...
--- End quote ---

And I own a Model M and think it is total crap.  Inconsistent feel and, although most-definitely loud, lacks the crisp feel of an Alps switch.  Auditory feedback is there, but it is a total fail regarding consistent tactile feedback.  Most of the mechanical switches I've used are head and shoulders above buckling springs in this regard.

wellington1869:
ah, I think the long-awaited alps vs BS war is about to break out... :D  Wait, let me get some popcorn...

bhtooefr:
Ah, I'll need some good cheap white Alps to play with, to settle this one. ;)

Consistency from key to key could use a little work on the Model M, but that's purely a matter of tolerances. ;)

But, saying that the Model M lacks crisp tactile feedback? WHAT?!?!?!? If my 1391401 were any more crisp, it'd be a bag of potato chips.

I'd suggest getting another Model M. I think yours is damaged. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version