Author Topic: Re: [IC] KKB Pandora | GB Live  (Read 22761 times)

Offline snicket

• Formerly lucalink
Re: [IC] KKB Pandora | GB Live
« on: Sun, 11 June 2023, 10:03:40 »

More

GB runs September 15th - October 13th

Introducing KKB Pandora, a keycap set inspired by the myth of Pandora's box

COLOUR SAMPLES

The colours in this image are not 100% accurate to real life.

The colour samples above have been approved. The UV printed green colour has not yet been sampled and is the only colour still awaiting approval.

KITS

Basekit - $95

Novelties - $19

Novelties are doubleshot with UV printed accents.
Novelties designed by Stellaidoscope (@stellaidoscope on all platforms).

Greek Sublegend Alphas - $22

Doubleshot with UV printed sublegends.

Spacebars - $12

DESKMATS
Designed by Sour

Pandora Weave

Pandora Meander

RENDERS

J-02 Blackout Edition by @jae_prototypist

Sumi-80 by @anjheos.keyboards

Werk One by @werk.technica

Cypher by @cablecardesigns

COLLABORATIONS

HIBI

LoobedSwitches Cable
Photos coming soon.

Artisans

VENDORS

• United States: CannonKeys
  • United Kingdom: proto[Typist]
  • Canada: Ashkeebs
  • Europe: Keygem
  • Korea: GeonWorks
  • Thailand: Aiglatson Studio
  • China: zFrontier
  • Oceania: SwitchKeys
  • Global: Keykobo

To Do
  • Vendors
  • Collaborations
  • Group Buy dates
  • Pricing

THANKS TO:
  • Purrlin Merlin, Andromache, Anjheos and Cylent for giving feedback on so many things.
  • Members of KDD for help with kitting.

Join my discord or follow me on Instagram for updates.

If you would like to support this project, consider adding the signature below to your profile:

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=120544.0][img]https://i.imgur.com/GaTatnX.png[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 September 2023, 16:25:22 by snicket »

Offline snicket

• Formerly lucalink
Re: [IC] GMK CYL Pandora
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 11 June 2023, 10:05:25 »
Changelog
  • 17.06.2023 - Updated IC form
  • 21.06.2023 - Changed manu to Keykobo, Added Greek Sublegend Alphas kit, Removed Sublegends from Base kit
  • 08.07.2023 - Added Vendors
  • 16.07.2023 - Added US Pricing and tentative GB Date. Added link to CannonKeys' coming soon page.
  • 17.08.2023 - Added colour samples section.
  • 31.08.2023 - Added GB dates. Added Aiglatson Studio as vendor.
  • 05.09.2023 - Added HIBI Collab.
  • 09.09.2023 - Added Deskmats, LoobedSwitches Collab and Artisan Collabs.

« Last Edit: Sat, 09 September 2023, 11:32:03 by snicket »

Offline andromache

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 11 June 2023, 10:09:52 »
Favorite GMK IC that I've seen in a long time. Love the semi-abstract theme, cool gradient, and I'm a fan of the green UV subs too. My wallet hates that I'm going to have to buy this whenever it hits GB.

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 11 June 2023, 11:21:28 »
Lovely set. Icon mods are the move imo, and a non uv sub alpha kit would be nice. Good luck  :thumb:

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 11 June 2023, 11:29:54 »
I dont see the color of the sublegends working well with the light colored keys.
Apart from that, the set looks quite nice! GL  :thumb:

In for the novs!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 11 June 2023, 11:45:38 »
I Love these interesting colors at first glance!  When I made the image large I saw the sub legends and I don't like the color at all.  I'd buy the set without sublegends for sure.  With them it's a hard pass ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Space_Case88

• keebs, anime, video games and coffee
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 11 June 2023, 12:29:41 »
This is the first GMK set I've seen in a while that I might be willing to wait for.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 11 June 2023, 12:34:33 »
I Love these interesting colors at first glance!  When I made the image large I saw the sub legends and I don't like the color at all.  I'd buy the set without sublegends for sure.  With them it's a hard pass ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Similarly, I like this enough to buy it and dremel polish the subs right off

Hope this runs!!

Offline bluziff

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 11 June 2023, 12:46:44 »
Yes snicket. This is amazing 🤩

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 11 June 2023, 13:03:37 »
We’re getting Greek key deskmats, right?

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 11 June 2023, 14:35:01 »
It was very rewarding to watch this set develop from early concept to current IC. I hope the community is able to see the hard work and thought put into developing this keyset. The set looks fantastic and I'll definitely be purchasing this one. GLWIC!

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 11 June 2023, 14:54:42 »
I am definitely into this. Thank you for ISO-UK in base.

PS: Can you enable editing responses, please? I accidentally put that I don't want latin alphas but I do in fact want that. I'm dumb. Sorry.

Offline snicket

• Formerly lucalink
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 11 June 2023, 15:04:50 »
It was very rewarding to watch this set develop from early concept to current IC. I hope the community is able to see the hard work and thought put into developing this keyset. The set looks fantastic and I'll definitely be purchasing this one. GLWIC!

Yes snicket. This is amazing 🤩

Favorite GMK IC that I've seen in a long time. Love the semi-abstract theme, cool gradient, and I'm a fan of the green UV subs too. My wallet hates that I'm going to have to buy this whenever it hits GB.

This is the first GMK set I've seen in a while that I might be willing to wait for.

Thank you all <3

Offline snicket

• Formerly lucalink
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 11 June 2023, 15:07:11 »

PS: Can you enable editing responses, please? I accidentally put that I don't want latin alphas but I do in fact want that. I'm dumb. Sorry.

Enabled

Offline keepoto

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 11 June 2023, 20:23:31 »
I like how the enter and isoenter novs are in the style of basic ancient fresco art which, when you consider the context and of the underlying myth, seems to being you back to thst primitive era where humanity chased fire and generally didn't know a lot of stuff. In other case it would be considered cluttered but it fits the theme perfectly here.

GLWIC

Offline fuster

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 12 June 2023, 00:00:48 »
Not really feeling the colored sublegends but everything else looks good, however, like somebody already said "icon mods is the move"

Offline trashem

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 12 June 2023, 06:38:26 »
you know, as someone who’s usually very much not into sublegends I think they actually look really great here! GLWIC, I’ll be keeping an eye on it for sure

Offline keebibi

• My Discord Server
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 12 June 2023, 19:52:35 »
Beautiful set, GLWIC!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 12 June 2023, 21:10:32 »
Lovely set. Icon mods are the move imo, and a non uv sub alpha kit would be nice. Good luck  :thumb:

Hope this runs!!

I dont see the color of the sublegends working well with the light colored keys.

In for the novs!

Not really feeling the colored sublegends but everything else looks good, however, like somebody already said "icon mods is the move"

I too love everything except the sublegends.  Please consider removing sublegends from the base kit and offering an addon kit with them.

Revising the IC survey to ask base kit preference, with or without sublegends, might help clarify how to satisfy the majority.

Offline flores

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 12 June 2023, 23:23:43 »
been a while since ive seen a set that has my interest  :cool:, GLWIC!

Offline Sainity

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 13 June 2023, 03:26:33 »
I really like the sublegends, and feel like it makes this set stand out as more creative than your run-of-the-mill gradient set. I'd also likely grab an alpha set without them as well though. If you could find a way to provide enough extra keys, maybe in novelties, to be able to fill out two boards with the kits, that would be pretty sweet.

Offline zephyrusrain

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 13 June 2023, 06:10:30 »
Latin alphas and a black 1U R1 novelty and it would be sweet.

Offline kiwoli

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 13 June 2023, 20:07:26 »
Love it. But I cry in southpaw :(

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 14 June 2023, 09:36:54 »
consider running a latin alpha-only basekit along with the one with sublegends.
text mods look cool, I wouldn't change them.

Offline snicket

• Formerly lucalink
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 15 June 2023, 08:44:11 »

Hope this runs!!

In for the novs!

I too love everything except the sublegends.  Please consider removing sublegends from the base kit and offering an addon kit with them.

Revising the IC survey to ask base kit preference, with or without sublegends, might help clarify how to satisfy the majority.

I'll definitely be revising the IC soon to ask about Latin alphas in a little more detail as it looks like there's quite a few people who would like the option.

I do think it's likely going to have to be either latin or subs rather than offering both though, as I really doubt that an alt alphas kit or second base kit would sell well enough to reach MOQ at the moment.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 15 June 2023, 12:59:01 »
More

Hope this runs!!

In for the novs!

I'll definitely be revising the IC soon to ask about Latin alphas in a little more detail as it looks like there's quite a few people who would like the option.

I do think it's likely going to have to be either latin or subs rather than offering both though, as I really doubt that an alt alphas kit or second base kit would sell well enough to reach MOQ at the moment.

Maybe consider running an alt alphas kit and canceling it if it doesn't reach MOQ?  Not sure how difficult partial refunds are for the vendors.

Offline snicket

• Formerly lucalink
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 15 June 2023, 13:40:54 »
More

Hope this runs!!

In for the novs!

Maybe consider running an alt alphas kit and canceling it if it doesn't reach MOQ?  Not sure how difficult partial refunds are for the vendors.

As far as I know the issue around running kits that vendors don't think will sell well is that it costs them money to cancel the orders since they still have to pay shopify fees on the sales.

Offline AmethystDCVR

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 15 June 2023, 21:27:24 »
gorgeous colorway but i really wish it was a / gradient angle instead of \. it awkwardly overlaps the spacebar instead of incorporating it seamlessly into the gradient like most of the others do.

Offline snicket

• Formerly lucalink
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 17 June 2023, 13:36:40 »

Hope this runs!!

In for the novs!

The IC form has now been updated to get more of an idea on preferences around the sublegends

Offline snicket

• Formerly lucalink
Re: [IC] KKB Pandora | Manu Change
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 21 June 2023, 13:26:58 »
After some careful consideration I have decided to switch the manufacturer for this set from GMK to Keykobo

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 22 June 2023, 04:20:51 »
After some careful consideration I have decided to switch the manufacturer for this set from GMK to Keykobo

good.

Offline Sensitive Works

• SENSITIVE WORKS
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 23 June 2023, 10:02:15 »
Such a beautiful design.
Looking forward to it!

Offline migkb

• Google.com
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 29 June 2023, 10:26:15 »
Design is sick. Amazing set. But considering the ****show that was and still is MW satellite won't be investing lol.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline snicket

• Formerly lucalink
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 29 June 2023, 10:47:30 »
Design is sick. Amazing set. But considering the ****show that was and still is MW satellite won't be investing lol.

Thank you. Re. MW Satellite, I'm not sure how that is relevant here, it not being delivered yet is entirely on MW.

Offline migkb

• Google.com
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 29 June 2023, 10:50:27 »

Thank you. Re. MW Satellite, I'm not sure how that is relevant here, it not being delivered yet is entirely on MW.
It is to my knowledge that other MW sets that had their GBs after satellite have reached further stages in getting to their customers despite their later GB dates. Am I wrong? At this point it's been more than a year with little to no progress.

Offline snicket

• Formerly lucalink
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 29 June 2023, 10:53:52 »

It is to my knowledge that other MW sets that had their GBs after satellite have reached further stages in getting to their customers despite their later GB dates. Am I wrong? At this point it's been more than a year with little to no progress.

That is true, however it has nothing to do with me. I have always given feedback on the samples I received from MW within a couple of days of receiving them.

Offline Incognitowo

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 29 June 2023, 11:07:52 »

That is true, however it has nothing to do with me. I have always given feedback on the samples I received from MW within a couple of days of receiving them.
yeah, to my understanding, most of the delays were either MW having to remanufacture sets due to faulty molds, or MW using cheap and slow shipping for their samples. also didn't help that the guy who was facilitating communication between MW factory ppl and designers went AWOL in the middle of the whole thing.

Offline keepoto

« Reply #37 on: Thu, 29 June 2023, 11:46:27 »

this has nothing to do with the designer and is mostly on MW having to remake sets, having confusing administration and just generally delaying everything

Offline snicket

• Formerly lucalink
Re: [IC] KKB Pandora | Vendors Announced!
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 08 July 2023, 13:48:40 »
Vendors have been added for more regions

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #39 on: Sat, 08 July 2023, 17:56:30 »
big dub to snicket for somehow managing to pick the most based vendor for every region

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #40 on: Mon, 10 July 2023, 14:24:50 »
gorgeous colorway but i really wish it was a / gradient angle instead of \. it awkwardly overlaps the spacebar instead of incorporating it seamlessly into the gradient like most of the others do.

I very strongly agree with this, upon reconsidering. Most gradient sets do indeed go in a / (towards the right) pattern and now this has been pointed out it kinda does look weird that the spacebar interrupts the gradient. Can't unsee that now.

Are you particularly fond of the \ (towards the left) gradient direction? Is it too late to suggest it be changed?

Offline snicket

• Formerly lucalink
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 10 July 2023, 17:24:21 »

I very strongly agree with this, upon reconsidering. Most gradient sets do indeed go in a / (towards the right) pattern and now this has been pointed out it kinda does look weird that the spacebar interrupts the gradient. Can't unsee that now.

Are you particularly fond of the \ (towards the left) gradient direction? Is it too late to suggest it be changed?

I have tried the gradient going in the other direction. Usually I prefer it but I really didn't think it worked for this set.

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 14 July 2023, 18:19:28 »

I have tried the gradient going in the other direction. Usually I prefer it but I really didn't think it worked for this set.

If gradient direction is finalized you are going to want to tell Cannonkeys to update the product image they have with it going the other way.

« Last Edit: Sun, 16 July 2023, 13:50:08 by unwashed_heathen »

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #43 on: Fri, 14 July 2023, 18:55:25 »
nvm also i can't delete posts
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 July 2023, 21:10:58 by aicyborg »

Offline snicket

• Formerly lucalink
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 16 July 2023, 11:25:30 »
GB starts early September (tentative), exact dates TBA.

US pricing has been added, pricing for other regions will be announced closer to the group buy.

Offline EdgeOfInfinity

Re: [IC] KKB Pandora | US Pricing + Tentative GB Date Added!
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 24 July 2023, 01:11:22 »
kind of late now but, any reason numpad didn't get a child kit instead of inc w/ base? i'm curious how many plan to actually use it with this set

Offline snicket

• Formerly lucalink
Re: [IC] KKB Pandora | Colour Samples!
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 17 August 2023, 14:30:28 »
Colour samples have arrived and been approved!

The only colour that still needs approval is the UV printed green which has not yet been sampled.

Offline NihonCK

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 17 August 2023, 22:12:39 »
possible to do an in-stock run? I just do not have confidence after seeing some of the past KKB GB's fail

Offline snicket

• Formerly lucalink
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 18 August 2023, 00:14:42 »
possible to do an in-stock run? I just do not have confidence after seeing some of the past KKB GB's fail

Unfortunately I don't think that will be possible. If the GB does fail buyers would be refunded.

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #49 on: Fri, 18 August 2023, 10:29:16 »

Such as?