Author Topic: [IC] GMK Neon Gelatin Evangelism - On Hold  (Read 84922 times)

Offline Anaconda

Re: [IC] GMK Neon Gelatin Evangelism - On Hold
« Reply #300 on: Wed, 03 October 2018, 21:46:57 »
Show Image

Just something to consider. Nothing at all being said or promised, just a thought that someone was willing to put into picture for me.

Changing to SA profile? why. I don't really see the point since troubled minds r2 ran just this year and the colors are almost the same. I would way prefer a eva themed set that i can actually use daily. Also i don't know if anyone has mentioned but i would personally love to see pure hiragana kit like kobe in gmk laser. I understand that it would be a stretch but i would personally love to have both style of alphas.

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

« Reply #301 on: Wed, 03 October 2018, 21:57:44 »
Show Image

Just something to consider. Nothing at all being said or promised, just a thought that someone was willing to put into picture for me.

Changing to SA profile? why. I don't really see the point since troubled minds r2 ran just this year and the colors are almost the same. I would way prefer a eva themed set that i can actually use daily. Also i don't know if anyone has mentioned but i would personally love to see pure hiragana kit like kobe in gmk laser. I understand that it would be a stretch but i would personally love to have both style of alphas.
It's almost like you didn't read what he said, Anaconda.
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #302 on: Wed, 03 October 2018, 22:08:58 »
Show Image

Unless you know someone who is gonna just pick up 50 sets it would be a long stretch. No one but massdrop really had much luck with so many kits, and even they aren’t hitting big numbers that much anymore because the GMK market is super competitive now.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #303 on: Thu, 04 October 2018, 14:28:02 »
Like I said, that picture doesn't mean that I'm changing the current set, it's just someone offered to make a render of an idea I was spitballing. One thing I've noticed is that I like the color that GMK's renders use more than the actual color DY itself. The render colors are much closer to a lavender or more faded purple that I think looks really good with the strong lime green AE color. As it sits, I may split this idea off into an entirely unrelated set to work on while NGE is on hold due to the absolute GMK market saturation going on, maybe a "Maxkeys Lavender Fields" could be coming sometime soon.

In regards to the alternate alphas idea, like was said it's just not that viable. Already "Gaijin" style alphas are much more popular than the "Kobe" style, and running alternate alphas in sets that aren't established or super popular just leads to a difficult time with hitting MOQ. As it is with this set I'm already considering dropping some of the kits due to the difficulties present in them hitting MOQ and the potential issues down the line from trying to run them anyhow.

Offline mopaska

« Reply #304 on: Thu, 04 October 2018, 14:49:20 »
Like I said, that picture doesn't mean that I'm changing the current set, it's just someone offered to make a render of an idea I was spitballing. One thing I've noticed is that I like the color that GMK's renders use more than the actual color DY itself. The render colors are much closer to a lavender or more faded purple that I think looks really good with the strong lime green AE color. As it sits, I may split this idea off into an entirely unrelated set to work on while NGE is on hold due to the absolute GMK market saturation going on, maybe a "Maxkeys Lavender Fields" could be coming sometime soon.

In regards to the alternate alphas idea, like was said it's just not that viable. Already "Gaijin" style alphas are much more popular than the "Kobe" style, and running alternate alphas in sets that aren't established or super popular just leads to a difficult time with hitting MOQ. As it is with this set I'm already considering dropping some of the kits due to the difficulties present in them hitting MOQ and the potential issues down the line from trying to run them anyhow.

Regarding the color, is SP creating the Matt3o elvish set that is currently running on Massdrop? Is the purple in that set more what you were thinking from the GMK render (and thus were disappointed with the actual sample)?

Just spitballing ideas - maybe you could consider a DSA profile NGE.
And just because I'm curious - is it due to longer lead times from SP that no one runs a SP DCS profile set?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #305 on: Thu, 04 October 2018, 15:04:01 »
Those are a bit light for what I'm looking for, I'd have to look through some color cards to really pinpoint what exactly I'm looking for. For NGE I'm happy with the GMK purple since I think it matches the theme, but for a separate set where I just want to go completely custom I'd want to pin down exactly what I'm looking for.

Concerning DCS, it's a little bit the wait time on SP's end, a little bit the price, and a little bit that people just aren't crazy about the profile.

Offline mopaska

« Reply #306 on: Thu, 04 October 2018, 15:28:06 »
Those are a bit light for what I'm looking for, I'd have to look through some color cards to really pinpoint what exactly I'm looking for. For NGE I'm happy with the GMK purple since I think it matches the theme, but for a separate set where I just want to go completely custom I'd want to pin down exactly what I'm looking for.

Concerning DCS, it's a little bit the wait time on SP's end, a little bit the price, and a little bit that people just aren't crazy about the profile.

That's something I am confused about. I'm relatively new to this hobby: I thought Cherry profile is DCS.

But I can't really find anything (20s of fascinated googling while at work) that gives me concrete measurements on height. GMK is (afaik) using the same equipment to make their keys that Cherry did. SP claims to have modeled its DCS family off of the Cherry caps of the 70s (https://pimpmykeyboard.com/key-cap-family-specs/).

Is there a difference in height (specific rows or overall) between SP DCS and GMK?

Offline soupymeatballs

« Reply #307 on: Thu, 04 October 2018, 18:26:25 »

That's something I am confused about. I'm relatively new to this hobby: I thought Cherry profile is DCS.
Show Image

But I can't really find anything (20s of fascinated googling while at work) that gives me concrete measurements on height. GMK is (afaik) using the same equipment to make their keys that Cherry did. SP claims to have modeled its DCS family off of the Cherry caps of the 70s (https://pimpmykeyboard.com/key-cap-family-specs/).

Is there a difference in height (specific rows or overall) between SP DCS and GMK?

If you look at the picture you linked, you'll see that the F row on DCS is significantly higher than the number row, whereas GMK/Cherry has the same hight/profile for its number row as it does for its F row. Additionally, something that is not seen in this photo is that DCS has rounded corners whereas GMK has hard/sharp corners. Just an aesthetic preference in that regard. Also, GMK is thicker than DCS iirc. Welcome to the hobby btw! It's a slippery slope but very fun.

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #308 on: Fri, 05 October 2018, 00:24:49 »
Has the gmk saturation shown any signs of clearing up? I just wonder the what the most opportune time to release this looks like. Maybe when sets like Calm Depths are finished? Nothing else besides that and GMK Wavez have caught my eye.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline darthzero

« Reply #309 on: Fri, 05 October 2018, 01:13:04 »
Has the gmk saturation shown any signs of clearing up? I just wonder the what the most opportune time to release this looks like. Maybe when sets like Calm Depths are finished? Nothing else besides that and GMK Wavez have caught my eye.
Chocolatier, DMG, Carbon, Skidata and there are a few others on hold too. Also nautilus nightmare and the Japanese soccerteam thingy from zambu...
And til all this ran, 15 more ICs will pop up... and oblivion and probably r2 nautilus (and I didn’t include anything originative...).
Imho (and i said this ~a year ago too) there is no „good time“ to launch a gmk set and be the only one and can get away with a less liked/hyped set.
Discord: kuno#0600 
Reddit: u/darthzero

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #310 on: Fri, 05 October 2018, 14:06:32 »
The best time would have been back the beginning of summer when we had hype built up for it, but GMK communication delays ended up getting in the way of that. Right now it's just a waiting game while I sit back and poke kits a little, which is why I thought that perhaps running a similar colorway through Maxkeys would help tide people over who were most excited for the colorway itself and not necessarily the theme/legends/profile. Plus I think a cheaper Maxkeys set in the middle of all these pricey SP sets could be a good thing as well.

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #311 on: Tue, 09 October 2018, 10:15:30 »
The best time would have been back the beginning of summer when we had hype built up for it, but GMK communication delays ended up getting in the way of that. Right now it's just a waiting game while I sit back and poke kits a little, which is why I thought that perhaps running a similar colorway through Maxkeys would help tide people over who were most excited for the colorway itself and not necessarily the theme/legends/profile. Plus I think a cheaper Maxkeys set in the middle of all these pricey SP sets could be a good thing as well.
Please stick with GMK

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #312 on: Tue, 09 October 2018, 12:34:18 »
Please stick with GMK

Like I said, this set will stick with GMK but until there's a good time to run it I'll be looking into running a similar colorway through Maxkeys.

Offline NINJER

« Reply #313 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 07:13:03 »
I'm in...

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Offline Anaconda

« Reply #314 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 12:00:57 »
Still on hold?

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #315 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 12:12:38 »
I still would absolutely love this set.

Would glady pick up 2 to help MOQ.

Offline b3nkei

« Reply #316 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 11:11:11 »
Any updates on this? Really interested on this project.

Offline fishinaspacesuit

« Reply #317 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 11:48:30 »
Me too! I hope you're still intending to run this as a Group Buy (this year perhaps?)

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #318 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 13:22:40 »
I still would absolutely love this set.

Would glady pick up 2 to help MOQ.

I'm still here hoping this one goes through!

Offline urbantheii

« Reply #319 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 19:57:42 »
Keep those two 1.75 spacebars and I am in 100%

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #320 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 16:58:50 »
Keep those two 1.75 spacebars and I am in 100%

Finally, a set for the JD45!

(not being sarcastic, proud JD45 owner checking in)
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #321 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 18:44:51 »
Love this set.
Buy definitely.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #322 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 19:07:06 »
i just really need that spacebar kit..

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #323 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 01:18:10 »
Can we get an English dubbed version of this?

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #324 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 06:21:55 »
Subbed or bust

Offline sakodo

« Reply #325 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 16:00:56 »
nice set

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #326 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 16:37:59 »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #327 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 20:44:16 »
Subbed or bust

Good man

comes with a 3-ring binder with a bootleg script printout

Offline sagadoi

« Reply #328 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 11:06:55 »
Any update now?
Matrix: 1.0 x10 | 1.2 x8 | 2.0 x20 | 2.2 x3 | 2.0 Ver Xmas x2 | Abel x12 | Abel VD x5 | Abel VC | Cain x2 | Mona x5 | Matrix Ti | ProjectFF
Percent: Canoe x6 | Skog x4 | Canoe FE x4 | Skog Lite x2
EVE: Moon x5 | Mira | Mira SE | Meteor x2
Equalz: Zero x4 | Zero.9 EE x7 | Mountain x5 | One x4 | Zero.9 Ti
FOX: Leaf TKL x2 | Time x2 | Orange TKL x2    
TGR: Jane V2 | Jane V2 Ver CE    RAMA: U80A
FMJ TKL x4 | Jer80 x4 | Jermini | Camp C225 x7 | Evil80 x6 |  Evil82 x2 | Mech27 | DolchCR x2 | Triangle x2 | Square x2 | Mars TKL

Offline TheMnBN

« Reply #329 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 11:14:01 »
donutcat, get in the robot already!

Offline Battouseye

« Reply #330 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 05:00:12 »
Im in

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #331 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 16:15:49 »
get this started already  :blank:
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline online

« Reply #332 on: Sun, 07 April 2019, 09:32:22 »
i just really need that spacebar kit..
+1 spacebar kit

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #333 on: Sun, 07 April 2019, 09:43:14 »
I would still love some black accent keys.

Offline jortzii

« Reply #334 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 21:27:57 »
Any updates on this set? Would consider it for the purple Candy Bar premium! Or the V3V4 clueboard!
Volcano660 | Satisfaction75 | Think6.5 | TGR Jane V2 CE | Preonic | IC Kira | Drop ALT

Offline urbantheii

« Reply #335 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 22:19:19 »
Please tell me this is still alive

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #336 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 09:55:27 »
Is Donut still active in the community? I haven't really heard much from him since the Coniferous R2 GB attempt. All of his current projects seem to be in limbo.

Offline NINJER

« Reply #337 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 18:58:41 »
Is the wait over yet?...

Offline NINJER

« Reply #338 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 18:47:05 »
Google GMK Mecha-01