Author Topic: [GB] GMK Muted 2 - LIVE  (Read 48311 times)

Re: [GB] GMK Muted 2 - LIVE
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 17 January 2021, 06:56:17 »
Show Image

Meanwhile, Reddit's opinion of 80082 kitting...$205 if you want ISO and Numpad with base.
(Attachment Link)

You'll never make everyone happy. I'll take $100 base kits that will support more than 80% of layouts according to that poll that was taken, aka 60, 65, TKL. I've bought my fair share of Dixie base kits where the cheap price tipped me over that I would have easily passed on a $130-160 base kit.

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 17 January 2021, 12:37:54 »
Look at runs like Serika 2 - a big basekit can be priced reasonable too if you know you have the sales.
So i prefer spending 10/15 bucks more while i still can sale numpad and isokeys ... but sure, everyone has his own opinion here.

Very nice set, and i like the kitting.  :thumb:

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 17 January 2021, 20:59:50 »

Offline Invezting

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 00:51:54 »
Yes! Finally!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 11:39:20 »

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 11:39:33 »
dvorcol is a true god

i am proud to be the owner of 8 of those 13 international kits.

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 12:58:45 »
Thanks for doing another run of this!

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 14:01:30 »
JChan94.... looks like he even updated KeyClack website.

Good looking keyset, I would've like to have seen one of the dozen caps locks be windowed though. I'm sure I'll buy it anyway.

Offline Domantas

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 15:09:43 »

Your original post will stay but I'll edit this to stay up to date with your new one, hope that's alright.

I am being proactive by fairly labeling the decisions made for this run in the hopes that us consumers understand that we can be treated better. Voting with my wallet isn't enough for this, these designers have shown in the past they will strongarm sets to include or not include what they feel is appropriate based on emotional response, even with olive branches to try and appeal those situations. This can lead to a devastating cycle of designers picking and choosing what they feel is best, rather than supporting consumers who know what THEY want. With this comes completely ignored userbases that would have supported them otherwise, and this has historically happened before!

I'm not here to be lectured about what is considered toxic when it comes to my criticism. If the designers won't bother to listen to initial feedback from their very customers, it's no shock that they choose to ignore me too. But hopefully other people who feel ignored by these designers can see that things could be better.

I was talking about this with someone else in Man of Interest's discord. A lot of people are used to the way this hobby was just a couple years ago. It was so small for so long that we all felt entitled to make demands as consumers because we could. Vendors needed us to make sure the GB's reached MOQ. As the hobby has grown, this has become less and less true. It's a natural progression and unfortunate growing pain. As vendors grow they gain more freedom to create the things that they want. In this process, we as consumers lose some freedom. It's happening in subtle ways that you might not have noticed already. For instance: NK65. Wonderful budget board, zero input from the community. We (the consumer) didn't get a choice in colors, case materials, plate materials, mounting style, etc. And why should we have any right to? What other consumer-retailer dynamic allows for serious input that results in change?

And honestly this kitting isn't even that bad. Of course if any given base kit is missing keys that you as an individual want, it will never hold value. Dixie runs sets that only cost $30 less than Muted R2 and provide you with MUCH LESS compatibility and MUCH LESS value but those seem to sell fine. Dixie has the sales numbers to prove it. That should have been a clear indicator that we as consumer's don't really have any bargaining chips when it comes to kitting. That's not a critique of Dixie or capitalism. It's just the way she goes.  Apologies for the long post, just wanted to put in my 2 cents. In for base kit and accents. GLWGB

Tbh, I don't think that is a good example. There is a big difference in selling a product based on your own decisions and an IC open for feedback. If there is a lot of feedback about a specific thing, there seems to be sufficient interest for you to either think about it or give a reasonable answer, not just ignore it away. I don't think that two extra keys in the base kit would have hurt anyone.
Next time just ask konstantin to do the kitting for you, because the man clearly knows what's up and sell the set based on your own design philosophy. That way there shouldn't be any discussions.

I think the kits are well put together, except for the forced R5 bottom row, stupid amount of caps lock and missing mod tilde and mod pipe.

Anyway, this GB will be a success, because of all the hype. I just hope this kitting style doesn't turn into a trend.

Best of luck to the GB runners!

This just sounds like dissonance due to outdated terms. They were "Interest Checks" when vendors needed every consumer they could get. Vendors no longer need us, so perhaps we should update the language. I do agree that there is another issue of standardization. I would prefer if GMK themselves set the standard for what a base kit is. That would truly leave discussion off the table. I honestly think Dixie's style of kitting will become the most widely accepted, so you won't have to worry  ;)

I am opposite and I liked more of Zambumon's kitting. Numpad is mandatory to be included not because everyone uses it, but because seperately it sky rocket the prices (I often not buy it on dixies run and I feel not super happy about it). You can always use numbers keys for any macropad, so only pluses. Dixie aka omnitype kind of kitting only applies to those, who are not new, but also not very old in community (basically those who joined during quarantine) and which buys two kits and goes out of hobby, but for those who are here longer want their keysets to be more flexible and new people coming from fullsize want numpad, because they are searching for numpad macropads and stuff. So in the long run big kits are better and cheaper. You still have to pay for shipping, so than 99 euro or usd doesn't help because it will be still over it in total price. 140 usd/eur kits satisfy me most.

GMK muted kitting is not bad. However I would have liked it to have mod tilde, not because i use it very often (I am 65% kind of guy so alpha one is fine, I am using alpha ones right now), but if I ever want to have 60% it looks a bit better on those keyboards and there is no other key to replace. Though if we save so much for mod tilte, why not to throw out those caps lock keys and make it 120 euro
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 January 2021, 15:26:28 by Domantas »

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 20 January 2021, 21:25:51 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 January 2021, 22:45:34 by dvorcol »

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 31 January 2021, 00:22:46 »

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 31 January 2021, 09:13:07 »
I very rarely drop in around these parts anymore, but I couldn't help but notice this as I was wondering why nobody had re-run it since the hobby exploded. Had a very quick look at the last page of the IC and noticed you guys mentioned JChan expects to be paid for this design...

Really, of all people!!?? And to see you actually agreed to paying him! I won't get into the whole debate of whether people can copyright colourways or not as it has been done to death (no prizes for guessing which side of the argument I lie on). For those newer to the hobby I suggest reading about his history and considering if he is someone you wish to (indirectly) support. Have a look through the keyclack vendor child boards on this very website, MC Rebirth and M65-A being two threads that spring to mind off the top of my head. There are people that still have not received items or a refund from a buy that finished 5 years ago... I'm sure most people won't give a **** and just want their caps, which is understandable, but I think it is something that really needs to be pointed out as I was pretty flabbergasted to read this, the sheer audacity of the guy.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 31 January 2021, 11:15:18 »
I very rarely drop in around these parts anymore, but I couldn't help but notice this as I was wondering why nobody had re-run it since the hobby exploded. Had a very quick look at the last page of the IC and noticed you guys mentioned JChan expects to be paid for this design...

Really, of all people!!?? And to see you actually agreed to paying him! I won't get into the whole debate of whether people can copyright colourways or not as it has been done to death (no prizes for guessing which side of the argument I lie on). For those newer to the hobby I suggest reading about his history and considering if he is someone you wish to (indirectly) support. Have a look through the keyclack vendor child boards on this very website, MC Rebirth and M65-A being two threads that spring to mind off the top of my head. There are people that still have not received items or a refund from a buy that finished 5 years ago... I'm sure most people won't give a **** and just want their caps, which is understandable, but I think it is something that really needs to be pointed out as I was pretty flabbergasted to read this, the sheer audacity of the guy.

Lel. Just read that, he requested to be paid and it resulted in a price increase. Can those funds just be redirected to a KeyClack reimbursement fund.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 18:57:57 »

Edit: all kits will be made.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 February 2021, 00:37:17 by dvorcol »

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 07:11:27 »
I would like to state that the International kit has hit my personal MOQ, it'll get made. Just in case anyone was thinking of backing out or so because of that :)

Offline s3vv4

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 08:51:53 »
Purple ESC is missing...?

Offline vladimir108

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 10:14:45 »
Purple ESC is missing...?

Only one color for top row, same situation with red/green set: <Esc>, <Ins>, <F5> ... <F8> only in red.

Offline dorf

• divine creator
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 11:51:17 »
I would like to state that the International kit has hit my personal MOQ, it'll get made. Just in case anyone was thinking of backing out or so because of that :)

This is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Offline soer9459

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 15:09:23 »

Fantastic!! I bought it on the first day, and worried that it might not hit moq

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 04 February 2021, 08:05:32 »

Lel. Just read that, he requested to be paid and it resulted in a price increase. Can those funds just be redirected to a KeyClack reimbursement fund.

Or he gets his cut once he is square with everyone he led on for years and then proceeded to screw over. Functionally the same I guess, not that either will happen. Cracks me up when some of the big players refer to this as a 'community'

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #70 on: Thu, 04 February 2021, 20:58:06 »
I just randomly scanned GH after Laser SA ran, and found this GB - my grail set. Thanks a ton for running this, I had no idea it was ever going to be produced. I really think the community needs to get back to using sublegends on the numpad, though :thumb:

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 16:23:26 »
How does muted look compared to classic beige?

Offline shellfours

« Reply #72 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 16:42:25 »
How does muted look compared to classic beige?

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I think Muted uses cool greys whereas classic beige is warm so probably a very different feel.

Offline pRoDeeD

• MouseMods
« Reply #73 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 17:34:52 »
I really like the colors! saving up for this one!

Offline bukowski

« Reply #74 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 10:45:34 »
dvorcol is a true god

i am proud to be the owner of 8 of those 13 international kits.

International Kit club lets go  :cool:

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #75 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 21:01:11 »

Offline davek184

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 07:06:53 »
The renders include an 1800 style board with a 1u zero key but I don't see that in the base of any of the other kits.  Is that key available? - Nevermind I am blind my mistake.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 February 2021, 07:13:21 by davek184 »

Offline harlekein

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 08:19:24 »
bro if you don't like this just make your own keyset lmao
Strongly recommend this to be quoted on the first line of every single IC post.

No, because that's the antithesis of what an IC is supposed to be.

This is a GB however. Designers ran with what they wanted and it's a grey GMK set with a big designer name behind it, so it will perform well.

Offline Que7797

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 14:05:39 »
Dixie aka omnitype kind of kitting only applies to those, who are not new, but also not very old in community (basically those who joined during quarantine) and which buys two kits and goes out of hobby, but for those who are here longer want their keysets to be more flexible and new people coming from fullsize want numpad, because they are searching for numpad macropads and stuff.

Id argue that there are a decent amount of people who have been in the hobby for a significant amount of time who appreciate the cheaper price that comes along with a smaller kit. I'm one of them. Ive got a lot of boards, I need a lot of keysets. None of them need numpad, and usually 10-15 dollars price difference is all it takes for me to opt out of getting a set.

I do however completely agree with you when it comes to mod pipe/tilde. It's a shame they arent included here. Maybe next round.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 20:23:20 »

Offline Domantas

« Reply #80 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 17:50:28 »
I ordered base but I am so annoyed that extension are that expensive. It could easily be 40 osh usd without those not very usefull macro keys all over (just a few boards use it when alice spacebars use like 30% of all gbs nowadays)... So grabbed sleeves instead which is more bang for buck (a lot of spacebar which can be used anywhere) imo even though pricier
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 February 2021, 17:53:33 by Domantas »

Offline Domantas

« Reply #81 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 17:57:52 »
Dixie aka omnitype kind of kitting only applies to those, who are not new, but also not very old in community (basically those who joined during quarantine) and which buys two kits and goes out of hobby, but for those who are here longer want their keysets to be more flexible and new people coming from fullsize want numpad, because they are searching for numpad macropads and stuff.

Id argue that there are a decent amount of people who have been in the hobby for a significant amount of time who appreciate the cheaper price that comes along with a smaller kit. I'm one of them. Ive got a lot of boards, I need a lot of keysets. None of them need numpad, and usually 10-15 dollars price difference is all it takes for me to opt out of getting a set.

I do however completely agree with you when it comes to mod pipe/tilde. It's a shame they arent included here. Maybe next round.

Cheap kits are quite nice to dip toes trying completely new set. I would say most of r2 should have big kits, while r1 should be having cheaps kits just because you kinda want to try it and not sure if you want a lot of keys of that new set. However when r2 comes then you are quite sure what you want. Though it is always hard to make kits on gmk, I wish it would be so freely as with kats sets - buy what you want
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 February 2021, 18:02:02 by Domantas »

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #82 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 19:03:21 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 February 2021, 19:33:07 by dvorcol »

Offline Whale_algorithm

« Reply #83 on: Mon, 21 March 2022, 12:50:18 »
Ne update?

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 21 March 2022, 13:03:38 »
Ne update?

Current ETA is June. Just crunching through the queue set by set atm, no material supply issues at this time.

Offline davwak

« Reply #85 on: Mon, 08 August 2022, 13:53:10 »
any update?

Offline max.clacks

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 08 August 2022, 14:01:40 »
any update?

Per the 'Schedule' section on Oblo's website:

ProjectLast UpdatedStatus
GMK Muted 201 Aug 2022Expected to leave GMK first week of August

Offline vladimir108

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 08 August 2022, 14:21:38 »
any update?

No, project is muted :-D

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 20 September 2022, 14:28:25 »
Muted has been shipped out in Germany, but the rest of the vendors are here, waiting for tracking. Soon...  :(

Offline leece3

« Reply #89 on: Sat, 24 September 2022, 18:16:32 »
I am close to Germany and have recieved my base set yesterday! Opened today, and I must say I like it! The new two level box is better for storage and easier for opening. Hope everybody receives their package soon too! Tomorrow will replace my shiny GMK WoB set on my silver Noxary X60. Sorry, no time for photo, but I am looking forward to see yours! Cheers! PS. And thanks for the run! PPS. All is good that ends well. There have been some updates during the run, and they have been good (aeh, essential). But a bit more would have been slightly better, even if nothing to report. The updates always came a tick after I started getting worried.. If the updates came just a tick before.. just for feedback, understand that it is not easy and we have run into two global crisises..

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #90 on: Thu, 10 November 2022, 21:53:37 »
Who has Muted R1 and can sell me their Mod Tilde (~) key?!

Offline kbsomarks

« Reply #91 on: Fri, 11 November 2022, 07:07:18 »
Color choice is a no for me, particularly the accents

Offline fishbiscuit13

• do you realize ???
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 16 November 2022, 17:18:14 »

it's finally here  :-X

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 17 November 2022, 08:10:02 »

Is that what Muted looks like with Mr Sleeves accents?

I never knew it looked that good! I bought Mr Sleeves to pair with 9009. [Have many beige sets].

It's hard to justify Muted, but extras are coming tomorrow and now I have to think about this!

Offline NassimO

« Reply #94 on: Thu, 17 November 2022, 09:25:00 »
Looks great, love the combo with the keypad