Author Topic: (IC) GMK Aquarius Base Kit  (Read 4411 times)

Offline ebomb2

(IC) GMK Aquarius Base Kit
« on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 13:15:50 »
Hello everyone! This is the GMK Aquarius, my first test renders for this keycap set.
Noticing the demand for these keycaps: https://kbdfans.com/products/enjoypbt-abs-doubleshot-mechanical-keyboard-keycaps-set-6

I decided to make a slightly more vibrant, (and better looking imo) version of these.

If you want to give me feedback: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSddVANNeBMOXjOuP3Ktbb3JMhG4RjCH1TYs-kBKFeo3zxp8gg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Offline Alessio

• YT Channel
Re: (IC) GMK Aquarius Base Kit
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 13:17:00 »
i approve of the name

Offline of_sam

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 13:17:16 »
So you're just trying to copy another colorway. Did you get their permission?
Typing on: HHKB Pro 2 - Stock :aware:
Collection: F1.69, Police, Jubi, RF 87U, En Dash, Rosenthal, Soulless, Frog, Calliope, GAF 910, Sabre, W1-AT

Offline Pontus

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 13:17:38 »
Needs more work :-X

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 13:17:57 »
No

Offline Banned

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 13:21:25 »
Uhm..... You copied another set, slapped another name on it, and posted it without any further work? Having felder renders/a set that is not fleshed out at all I understand but stealing someone else's colors? Come on, dude.

Offline ebomb2

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 13:37:59 »
Uhm..... You copied another set, slapped another name on it, and posted it without any further work? Having felder renders/a set that is not fleshed out at all I understand but stealing someone else's colors? Come on, dude.
They are dif colors and was told they look similar to another set before I knew they existed lol. This is original I just didn't know there was something like this until this morning before I made this post.

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 14:05:09 »
They are dif colors and was told they look similar to another set before I knew they existed lol. This is original I just didn't know there was something like this until this morning before I made this post.
So you knew it looked similar? Then don't post, your idea is basically a copy and not in the slightest ready, you basically have default dakota felder that probably took minutes to make this "base kit"

Offline Baka Bot

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 14:38:11 »
Looks like something a huge corporation would produce.

Offline ebomb2

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 15:38:17 »
Welp I hear ya folks, its a bad keycap set. back to the drawing board

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 15:46:40 »
It’s a fine keycap set. If this came fleshed out w renders, some novs, reference colors chosen, well thought out kitting, and the like, it would probably make MOQ. What was bad was your effort.

Offline ebomb2

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 15:55:02 »
It’s a fine keycap set. If this came fleshed out w renders, some novs, reference colors chosen, well thought out kitting, and the like, it would probably make MOQ. What was bad was your effort.
yea it was my first time doing it so I really don't know how to format it and everything. Ill definatlly come back later with a much more improved set

Offline Banned

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 17:24:47 »
yea it was my first time doing it so I really don't know how to format it and everything. Ill definatlly come back later with a much more improved set

Please do. Check out other peoples IC's and see what they have, and use that as an example. I recommend you join the Keycap Designer Discord as well: https://discord.gg/PTBEc6zw

Offline Laur

• Formerly dudeship
  • gmk retro runic
    • wip
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 17:43:23 »
Just look at any other IC to see that this is not how an IC is supposed to be made. Is it really this hard?

Offline MrGuccu

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 17:58:09 »
Bro at least fix the felder files

Offline trukeeb

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 22:30:41 »
As another member mentioned I would look at joining the keycap designer discord channel to assist with building out your idea

Offline ZavaZ86

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 03 June 2021, 01:23:02 »
HK gaming would like to hire you

Offline AstralYT

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 03 June 2021, 01:28:35 »
Good set, but I wouldn't buy it if as a GMK set. Looks like some infinikey or a geekark set.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline Shiba1337

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 03 June 2021, 01:52:56 »
Low effort, copied colorway

Sent from my Samsung Smart Refrigerator using tapatalk

Offline ebomb2

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 03 June 2021, 02:07:10 »
Yea this is scrapped way better one is here https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=113175.msg3055362#msg3055362