geekhack Community > Keyboard Keycaps

How many keycaps sets do you have and how often do you swap them?

<< < (3/5) > >>

herfalerf:
Currently I have 6 sets and 3 boards.  Another 4 boards on the way, and another 10 sets.  I switch things up periodically, but I get rid of sets as I lose interest in them.

MIGHTY CHICKEN:

--- Quote from: herfalerf on Fri, 19 November 2021, 16:14:03 ---Currently I have 6 sets and 3 boards.  Another 4 boards on the way, and another 10 sets.  I switch things up periodically, but I get rid of sets as I lose interest in them.

--- End quote ---
That is a lot on the way

HappyB0T:
I have 5 sets and 5 boards currently with 9 boards 20 sets coming. Current and most inbound in are sub 200 keyboards. I didn't even think about how much I have inbound till I saw this post and rounded up everything in my spreadsheet. It has been 1 full year in the hobby. :| RIP

Been trying to find the right set for the right board. I actually switch boards every couple of days to try the differences. More than the keyset / keyboard pairing I tend to switch out the switches more than anything else. Rotating stock to break em in > lube > have switches ready for next board.

phinix:
See what I mean? :)

bkrownd:

--- Quote from: phinix on Fri, 19 November 2021, 04:48:11 ---
Yeah, I'm generaly surprised that when I ask peeps how often they change their sets, most of the time they don't change them for ages.
then there are loads of people joining all keycaps GBs and buy tousands of sets, so they must change them at some point:)

--- End quote ---

At the moment I have almost as many keyboards as sets, but that will start to change as more sets arrive next year.  I don't imagine I'd change keycaps a lot, but probably about once a year.  That's still more often than i change the art on my walls. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version