geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

[GB] GMK Marmoreal | Order Submitted!

<< < (2/5) > >>

pararch:
Psychokeycaps raffle is now live! Raffle link here: https://www.psychokeycaps.com/raffle-form

pararch:
1 Week update and Instagram Giveaway is live!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbstrN9MftB/

asura:
Just popped in to say...

...I think you've gone to heavy with green; the pavilion is primarily travertine (floor and principle external wall) and white (ceiling render) with various coloured marble, onyx and varicoloured glass to stand out against the powerful - stark yet rich - base.  Yes the green marble is the most heavily used, in order to complement the patinated bronze of Der Morgen and the other two (initially planned but eventually not included by Mies) sculptures.

Personally I'd have gone for something simpler like having all keys in WS4 with butterfly green legends excepting; F5-8 in ant red with S4 legends, F1-4 & F9-12 & the top, right and bottom of the numpad cluster in butterfly green with WS4 legends (num lock, forward slash, star, minus, plus, enter, period/del, zero/ins)...  This way you could have a novelty or custom for Der Morgen as "5" on the number pad, thereby placing her within the green marble walls...  and if people with 60% complain about not getting to use the ant red and butterfly green F row, then they can just do what I always have – omit their standard number row and use the varicoloured  F keys their instead

Also I'd have a word with MonoKei about twisting the cruciform column back onto vertical/horizontal.  There's nothing about the pavilion that is rotated 45O

Creating a set for this masterpiece is going to garner criticism no matter what you do so don't take my words too much to heart.  Too much teal for me, but I'll see how my fiancée feels - it's her favourite colour... I just won't mention the price tag :rolleyes:

pararch:

--- Quote from: asura on Fri, 01 April 2022, 18:47:10 ---Just popped in to say...

...I think you've gone to heavy with green; the pavilion is primarily travertine (floor and principle external wall) and white (ceiling render) with various coloured marble, onyx and varicoloured glass to stand out against the powerful - stark yet rich - base.  Yes the green marble is the most heavily used, in order to complement the patinated bronze of Der Morgen and the other two (initially planned but eventually not included by Mies) sculptures.

Personally I'd have gone for something simpler like having all keys in WS4 with butterfly green legends excepting; F5-8 in ant red with S4 legends, F1-4 & F9-12 & the top, right and bottom of the numpad cluster in butterfly green with WS4 legends (num lock, forward slash, star, minus, plus, enter, period/del, zero/ins)...  This way you could have a novelty or custom for Der Morgen as "5" on the number pad, thereby placing her within the green marble walls...  and if people with 60% complain about not getting to use the ant red and butterfly green F row, then they can just do what I always have – omit their standard number row and use the varicoloured  F keys their instead

Also I'd have a word with MonoKei about twisting the cruciform column back onto vertical/horizontal.  There's nothing about the pavilion that is rotated 45O

Creating a set for this masterpiece is going to garner criticism no matter what you do so don't take my words too much to heart.  Too much teal for me, but I'll see how my fiancée feels - it's her favourite colour... I just won't mention the price tag :rolleyes:

--- End quote ---

Hey thanks for the feedback- I wish I had gotten it earlier, but here we are. I guess around the decision to do more teal- to be honest I really didn't want to make a full beige/cream set. I do get where you're coming from thematically though. I did work with Monokei during the design process and the twist was a decision we agreed on to break/differentiate from the cruciform column novelty as an intentional subversion. As the only real dissimilar element in the design once incorporated, we wanted it to be able to stand on its own not only integrated into the set but as a standalone piece.

Thanks for considering! and I'm happy your fiancée likes it! And do we ever mention the price tag of anything in this hobby to our better halves ;) 

pararch:
Reddit Giveaway is live!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version