Author Topic: [GB] Duck 60% Raven/Sidewinder  (Read 37096 times)

Offline whizzard

• whizzard got ur gizzard
    • LOOTKEYS BLOG
Re: [GB] Duck 60% Raven/Sidewinder
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 18 October 2022, 12:06:42 »
I did a google search for the 02D custom duck firmware and found a guide that looks pretty comprehensive.  Don't take it as gospel, but you can view that guide or search for "duck0113," "custom 02D firmware," or things like that.

Here is duck's original Korean blog site: http://duck0113.tistory.com/

Here is the guide that I found: https://gist.github.com/ankailou/0b3f3183429536d86ecf4e7d27860b6c

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #101 on: Wed, 19 October 2022, 09:58:01 »
Hadn't revisited the programming in some time (I got my original Raven several years back from PrimeKB), but I tried a few things and this is what worked for me. The instructions used to be on the PrimeKB webstie, but the page is gone now. (I didn't try the QMK configurator)

1. Download O2D (The one I found and worked for me is here: https://duck0113.tistory.com/84)

2. Make your keymap and compile it (In the O2D menu, select File> New> O2D Viper/Eagle Custom v1.x)  Create the layout you want, and then choose File> Save.  Give it a unique name so that you can locate it easily.  Mine saved into the Downloads folder.

3. Get the keyboard into flashing mode (The Duck site says CapsLock is the key to enter bootloader mode on these PCBs and it worked for me.  Hold down Caps as  you plug in the board.  If you have QMK Toolbox open, you'll see the "Atmel DFU device connected" message)

4. Flash with QMK Toolbox (or Flip).  PCB uses the standard atmeg32u4.  Select your firmware created from step 2, and flash it.

Type away on your lovely keyboard  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 October 2022, 10:02:11 by pixelpusher »

Offline TrueCustom

• kbd4u
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 24 October 2022, 09:23:25 »
Hadn't revisited the programming in some time (I got my original Raven several years back from PrimeKB), but I tried a few things and this is what worked for me. The instructions used to be on the PrimeKB webstie, but the page is gone now. (I didn't try the QMK configurator)

1. Download O2D (The one I found and worked for me is here: https://duck0113.tistory.com/84)

2. Make your keymap and compile it (In the O2D menu, select File> New> O2D Viper/Eagle Custom v1.x)  Create the layout you want, and then choose File> Save.  Give it a unique name so that you can locate it easily.  Mine saved into the Downloads folder.

3. Get the keyboard into flashing mode (The Duck site says CapsLock is the key to enter bootloader mode on these PCBs and it worked for me.  Hold down Caps as  you plug in the board.  If you have QMK Toolbox open, you'll see the "Atmel DFU device connected" message)

4. Flash with QMK Toolbox (or Flip).  PCB uses the standard atmeg32u4.  Select your firmware created from step 2, and flash it.

Type away on your lovely keyboard  :thumb:

Thank you so much for the manual. This is correct.
Please make sure you choose `O2D Viper/Eagle Custom v1.x` not `v2`.

Thanks.

Offline whizzard

• whizzard got ur gizzard
    • LOOTKEYS BLOG
« Reply #103 on: Thu, 03 November 2022, 23:34:20 »
I built both keyboards, and they are both working perfectly.  Thanks for the tip about using v1.2 with the 02D firmware program because the PCB is printed as v2.1 and I would have gotten completely confused by that.  They are really good quality keyboards as expected and thanks again for offering these to us!

Offline TrueCustom

• kbd4u
« Reply #104 on: Sun, 06 November 2022, 04:33:31 »
I built both keyboards, and they are both working perfectly.  Thanks for the tip about using v1.2 with the 02D firmware program because the PCB is printed as v2.1 and I would have gotten completely confused by that.  They are really good quality keyboards as expected and thanks again for offering these to us!

I am glad to hear that.

Thank you for the kind words!

Offline TrueCustom

• kbd4u
« Reply #105 on: Tue, 08 November 2022, 07:39:26 »
I am going to start second group buy on this Friday.
Since not many people want Raven, I am thinking of an event for Raven, such as 2+1.
Thanks. 

Offline MarkoFloro

« Reply #106 on: Tue, 08 November 2022, 07:40:40 »
 :'(

Offline TrueCustom

• kbd4u
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 11 November 2022, 06:52:12 »
You may order Raven/Sidewinder from here(https://forms.gle/qufCaSUWojTs7BR98)

The items will be shipped in 3 months after you paid.

If you order more than 2 Raven sets, You will get extra one raven set for free. This is only for Raven and not for Sidewinder.

Thanks.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #108 on: Fri, 11 November 2022, 06:59:10 »
I don’t see a color option on the form.  Are they all one color?

Offline nightmaremode

« Reply #109 on: Fri, 11 November 2022, 18:37:47 »
Made an error on my order (picked wrong plate).  Is it possible to modify my order before it is invoiced, or is there some way to cancel and re-submit?

Offline TrueCustom

• kbd4u
« Reply #110 on: Sun, 13 November 2022, 04:36:46 »
I don’t see a color option on the form.  Are they all one color?

Yes only silver color is available.

Offline TrueCustom

• kbd4u
« Reply #111 on: Sun, 13 November 2022, 04:37:28 »
Made an error on my order (picked wrong plate).  Is it possible to modify my order before it is invoiced, or is there some way to cancel and re-submit?

Please re-submit your order and leave a message.

Thanks.

Offline TrueCustom

• kbd4u
« Reply #112 on: Sun, 13 November 2022, 04:39:21 »
It seems like not many people are interested in the set. I will close the GB today night.

After the GB you can buy the set for $300 at any time.

Thanks.

Offline TrueCustom

• kbd4u
« Reply #113 on: Fri, 02 December 2022, 05:11:35 »
2022-12-02

All GB2 orders were shipped and tracking numbers are updated
I only provide after-sale service for 7 days since the day you received your order. Please check if there is anything missing or defect in the time period.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/18FfgR_xLQl5hq30dxR8hDC6QpXePYqApFcQc9nMrsSc/edit#slide=id.g1a2d4b36857_0_0

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #114 on: Sun, 07 May 2023, 10:41:29 »
I forgot to mention that you will also need to install the Korean language pack for Windows when you go to program your board.

Then, you'll need to go into Control Panel>Clock and Region>Region>Administrative Tab>Change System Locale, and set to Korean. Computer will have to restart.

This allows the program to access the Korean characters they used for arrow keys on O2D to be brought up on your computer.  O2D uses some embedded Korean characters (I noticed it on arrow keys) that will show up as a "?" in the keymapping software if you don't... and they won't function

Don't forget to set the your region back to your actual location after you're done programming. 

I see that the v2 is capable of using QMK (available in qmk configurator).  Has anyone tried to use that version on these boards?  I'm too worried I'll brick mine, lol.
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 May 2023, 11:24:09 by pixelpusher »