Author Topic: Shark's IBM keyboard part number database reaches 2500 keyboards recorded!  (Read 1283 times)

Offline sharktastica

• CompSci research student, IBMer, r/ModelM mod
    • Admiral Shark's Keyboards
As of 8th June, my project to research and document IBM and family keyboards reached a new milestone - 2,500 keyboards recorded - so I thought I'd make a bunch of slides to celebrate the occassion and outline some interesting stats that can be derived from my database!

The part number database is a long-term project on my website, Admiral Shark's Keyboards, to document as many IBM and family keyboards (Model Bs, Model Fs, Model Ms, ThinkPad keyboards, etc.) by their part number as possible, with the goal to help people research, ID keyboards and avoid being tricked by misrepresented keyboards online. Here's an example (using a standard Model M) of what data you can expect from the database.

* Access normally: https://sharktastica.co.uk/kb_db
* Access via interactive quiz (WIP): https://sharktastica.co.uk/kb_db_finder

287116-0

287118-1

287120-2

287122-3

287124-4

287126-5

287128-6

287130-7

Cheers!

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Congrats - that is a lot of keyboards!

I'd never even heard of the Model B so had learnt something before even getting to the slides or database :thumb:
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline sharktastica

• CompSci research student, IBMer, r/ModelM mod
    • Admiral Shark's Keyboards
Congrats - that is a lot of keyboards!

I'd never even heard of the Model B so had learnt something before even getting to the slides or database :thumb:

Most people just know them as beam spring keyboards. IBM called them "Keyboard B" just like they called Model Fs "Keyboard F", so I use Model B as the designation on my site!