geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

[feedback] Poker metal case construction

<< < (2/17) > >>

oneproduct:
I asked about that last time and I think that what they use to cut the metal isn't fine tuned enough to do engravings as opposed to just cutting right through. I could check, but somebody would have to recreate the logo in autoCAD and I certainly wouldn't know where to begin to draw the fancy lettering in the font they use, plus if I can't do it it would be a waste of time for the person that drew it up. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/710/kbtosellpics022.jpg/

lightsout714:
I think the current case looks pretty good. I personally vote to just stick with that design. A lid sounds like it would jack up the price.

Findecanor:
Ah, so the keyboard in this case will be flat, with the bottom row higher than ordinary.
3/16" is almost 5 mm. I think that it will be difficult to bend without warping.

oneproduct:

--- Quote from: Findecanor;519899 ---Ah, so the keyboard in this case will be flat, with the bottom row higher than ordinary.
3/16" is almost 5 mm. I think that it will be difficult to bend without warping.
--- End quote ---

Yea, the bottom of the case will be flat, just like the ones produced before but can be angled up by attaching some sort of feet. Not sure how I'll handle that yet or if I'll leave it to the end user to just buy some rubber feet and stick it on to the bottom.

I think that the machinery they have there can bend it without a problem, but if not I'll go down to 2/16" (seems that when I use imperial I hesitate to write it as 1/8" because I worry that some people wouldn't see the degree of change).

metafour:
The existing cases weren't folded up were they?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version