geekhack Marketplace > Great Finds

got my SMK-85 from EBAY today

<< < (9/9)

Bluemercury:

--- Quote from: mr_sf_applet;2132 ---Yes. Pictures in post #9 of the very SMK-85 I bought from www.ergo-tech.ca. Pictures of WHITE ALPS sliders.
--- End quote ---

Ok, so it seems the alps in there are random, sometimes black sometimes white correct?

xsphat:

--- Quote from: mr_sf_applet;2125 ---Bluemercury, pay attention, damn it! In this very thread, up in post #9 above, I specifically said that the silver-and-black SMK-85 on the left hand end of the row of three came from www.ergo-tech.ca, and it had *WHITE* Alps sliders.
--- End quote ---

Who peed in your Cheerios, applet? Bad week for you or something?

mr_sf_applet:

--- Quote from: Bluemercury;2133 ---Ok, so it seems the alps in there are random, sometimes black sometimes white correct?
--- End quote ---

Uh, no. I don't believe that is the appropriate conclusion to draw.

Bluemercury:

--- Quote from: mr_sf_applet;2135 ---Uh, no. I don't believe that is the appropriate conclusion to draw.
--- End quote ---

So what conclusion can you take when the same model called SMK-85 gets different ALPS switches???

Anyway i tried to contact DSI but they're probably closed till a few more days i guess.

iMav:

--- Quote from: Bluemercury;2139 ---So what conclusion can you take when the same model called SMK-85 gets different ALPS switches???
--- End quote ---
Much like it seems it is no longer possible to purchase a SMK-88 with blue Cherry's, the SMK-85 seems to be no longer available with the black Alps sliders.  

In both cases, you'll need to find old stock to get the "good" ones (or, at least, the ones that most members here desire).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version