Author Topic: It is my invincible pleasure to present-  (Read 5468 times)

Offline lam47

It is my invincible pleasure to present-
« on: Fri, 23 January 2009, 11:47:59 »
- The Entire Universe Invincible Manually Open Axis Device. (Prototype)

No words are really necissary here.
All understand when in its presence.
Behold.

(Device made by Sandy)

(it took 30 seconds to remove 3 keys and switch the internals. That is some power. Could be dangerous in the wrong hands so I will be looking after this one)
Keyboards. Happy Hacking pro 2 x2. One white one black. IBM model M US layout. SGI silicone Graphics with rubber dampened ALPS. IBM model F. ALPS apple board, I forget what it is. And some more I forget what I have.

Typewriters. Olivetti Valentine. Imperial Good Companion Model T. Olympia SM3

Offline xyzzy

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 23 January 2009, 12:13:19 »
WHAT?! Are you trying to beat MY Entire Universe Invincible Manually Open Axis Device?

IBM Model F62 (Ellipse's) • PFU HHKB Pro Type S Hybrid • PFU HHKB Pro • Leopold FC660C • IBM Model M SSK 1391472 • IBM Model M SSK UNI04C6 • IBM Model M 1391405 (x4) • Cherry MX 1800 Compact (blue Cherry) • Cherry MX 11900 Touchboard (brown Cherry) • Dell AT102W (black Alps) • Apple Extended Keyboard II (cream Alps) • Acer 6312-TA (black Acer) • Unikey KWD-601 (white Cherry)

Offline lam47

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 23 January 2009, 12:16:51 »
I should mention that this is Sandy's work :)
Keyboards. Happy Hacking pro 2 x2. One white one black. IBM model M US layout. SGI silicone Graphics with rubber dampened ALPS. IBM model F. ALPS apple board, I forget what it is. And some more I forget what I have.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 23 January 2009, 12:42:58 »
Quote from: webwit;19284
Yeah but I don't know where Sandy lives . . .

In a secret mountain side in Tibet high amongst the Himalayas.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 23 January 2009, 17:36:32 »
Quote from: webwit;19280
and the hand of my virgin daughter

apparently thats worth 3.8 million these days

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline sandy55

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 24 January 2009, 10:01:22 »
NO, NO, lam.
Do not use wooden end of the tool to pull up a mx key cap.  It may break a cap or a stem.
Probably I used it to unlock latches of AT-101.  I don't use metal-made tools, screw drivers for example, to push down plastic made locking levers .

Original idea of the "..Invincible Device" was introduced by one of my Taiwanese mate Mr. chens to Taiwan keyboard foruma "AKIMASA" which is listed in keyboard mod link as my3pc.com five years ago. Till then I used a single lever tool made of big staple used in cardboard box. He informed me his tool through my BBS. Then I made several tools using similar materials such as solderless terminals, MCA slot covers and so on.   Later on, I regularly used my final version made of fruit folk which is  similar to lozb's tool "全手動宇宙無敵開軸器- The Entire Universe Invincible Manually Open Axis Device".  I want his 2way fork with wooden handle.
It seems like that both of them are inactive now. I thought the forum had disappeared until I read Chloe's comment introducing lozb mod in auto translation.

attached jpg
Left; Mr.Chens's tool  
Right; (from left to right)  big staple, MCA slot cover, solderless terminals.

Offline megarat

• (Not My Real Name)
    • http://www.megarat.com
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 24 January 2009, 12:53:53 »
Quote from: wellington1869;19341
apparently thats worth 3.8 million these days

Maybe I'm slow.  Maybe it's the bad night's sleep.  Maybe I'm of a morbid mentality (well, perhaps not "maybe" on that one).  But when I read "and the hand of my virgin daughter", I thought that her hand would be severed and offered as a trophy.  Not ... never mind.

Home/Work:  Custom Filco FKBN87Z/EB and SGI 041-0136-001 chimera (original white ALPS, not simplified, rubber-dampened)
Gaming:  Wolfking Warrior with custom-colored layout, HHKB Lite 2 (Rubber dome)

Offline lam47

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 24 January 2009, 16:55:09 »
Quote from: megarat;19479
Maybe I'm slow.  Maybe it's the bad night's sleep.  Maybe I'm of a morbid mentality (well, perhaps not "maybe" on that one).  But when I read "and the hand of my virgin daughter", I thought that her hand would be severed and offered as a trophy.  Not ... never mind.

LOL I did the very same thing!

Offline cchan

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 24 January 2009, 21:28:55 »
Quote from: lam47;19501
LOL I did the very same thing!
Me three. Then again I have an interest in amputees...

/me would take the hand as a trophy, and the newly amputated daughter's hand (hook?) in marriage
HP Envy17: Core i7-2760QM, 8GB DDR3, 128GB Crucial m4 + 750GB Hitachi, Windows 7 Home Premium x64, Cherry ML4100, Logitech M500, HP zr22w
IBM Thinkpad X60: Core Duo T2400, 2GB DDR2, 128GB Samsung 830, Xubuntu 12.04 x86, Cherry ML4100, Logitech M205, HP zr22w
Raspberry Pi Model B: BCM2835, 0.25GB DDR2, 8GB Samsung SD card, Raspbian Wheezy, human interaction devices as above

Offline sandy55

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 25 January 2009, 00:55:25 »
I live in a very very very small island in the East China Sea of blue. I got back to the island three years ago.
You may believe or not but there is a road named  "Schrφder St."

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 25 January 2009, 01:02:10 »
Quote from: megarat;19479

I still thought that until just now.

Offline Eclairz

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 26 January 2009, 16:56:45 »
I need one to remove the cherry blacks from my steel series keyboard and swap in some clicky blues.

Any guides to build these amazing contraptions or do you have some up for sale in the uk.

For my cherry G80-3000 i use two precision screwdrivers but for keyswitches which are half built into the keyboard rather than on top of the circuit board, are a real pain to remove and usually result in broken pieces of switch :-(.
Lenovo ThinkPad TrackPoint Keyboard
RealForce 45g UK 88UB
FILCO Majestouch TenKeyPad

Offline bhtooefr

• this switch can tick sound of music
    • bhtooefr.org
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 26 January 2009, 17:04:19 »
Eclairz: You can only open up the PCB mount ones, not the plate mount ones. With the plate mount ones, you have to desolder them.

Offline Eclairz

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 26 January 2009, 17:54:57 »
i dont think i have the time or the skills to do it oh well, need to search for another british board with blue/brown cherries at a low cost
Lenovo ThinkPad TrackPoint Keyboard
RealForce 45g UK 88UB
FILCO Majestouch TenKeyPad

Offline Chloe

• Switch Kitten
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 28 January 2009, 20:44:06 »
Quote from: Eclairz;19761
Any guides to build these amazing contraptions or do you have some up for sale in the uk.

I think you'll need a large spade crimp terminal to fit M6 then bend the ends into hooks. I don't know where to find such a large size terminal though. Spacing of the clips on MX switch are 6mm apart. Terminal would need to have large cable entry so you can fit a wooden rod.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 29 January 2009, 06:58:41 »
Quote from: Chloe;20100
I think you'll need a large spade crimp terminal to fit M6 then bend the ends into hooks. I don't know where to find such a large size terminal though. Spacing of the clips on MX switch are 6mm apart. Terminal would need to have large cable entry so you can fit a wooden rod.

Auto parts stores should have these, and, maybe, places like Radio Shack.  You may also want to check out a store that sells car audio equipment.  Also, hobby shops, particularly those that cater to the HAM radio community, tend to have odd sized parts like these, and in the case of HAM radio shops, they are cheap. :)

Offline Chloe

• Switch Kitten
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 29 January 2009, 18:30:15 »
Thanks itlnstln. I couldn't find this size from electronics suppliers.