Author Topic: Where did you get your Topre Realforce?  (Read 2406 times)

Offline billm

Where did you get your Topre Realforce?
« on: Sat, 24 January 2009, 13:53:38 »
Just wondering. I looked at benippon but the seem only to have the white one. I was interested in the black.

I got my Filco 10 Keyless today. I like it but it appears to have very similar switches to those in the Micro Connectors board, though the filco does have an extra click to it.

Either that or has anyone figured out how to open the case on the Filco tenkeyless? My dream would be to be able to swap in the blue ALPS bigfoot switches from one of the useless XT Leading Edge DC-2014's I picked up last week. This may not be possible but I'd like to look. Sandy do you think that's a stupid plan?

I've been using my DC-3014 for the last few days and while the filco is nice, it's not quite in the same league. Damn, my $5 junkstore keyboard is now going to cost me a few hundred bucks. It's ruined me for cheaper switches! I was planning to save up for a house, but now I think I need a black realforce 86u instead.
If it's not ALPS it's crap!

Offline Chloe

• Switch Kitten
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 24 January 2009, 15:52:21 »
Some members got the black Realforce from GMarket:
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?t=1094

I planned to replace the switches when I got the KPT-84. It has the same type of simplified ALPS as the Filco Zero. You will have to replace the whole switch module as the internals are very different from real ALPS. The Filco tenkeyless case appears to be a snap-together design.

Offline sandy55

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 25 January 2009, 00:35:40 »
If there are 10 or more people who really want to buy Topre tenless ( not varying various model types but only  one specific model type ), I probably can ask a guy to arrange getting/selling/shipping to you with a little amount of additional handling charge.  Repeat, only when requested model type is fixed to SINGLE specific model-type and minimum ordering lot is 10.   Or else, better to get it through sellers listed in wiki, or ask your friend in Japan.

billm, you can use those switches on Filco Zero tenless.
I'd better to move on "Filco not that great" thread.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 25 January 2009, 00:48:58 »
Quote from: sandy55;19547

Sandy I think you would interest more people than you would upset. If there are known issues with these keyboards that we don't know about, please tell us. Filcos obviously are the current fad around here, so please speak up.

Offline billm

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 25 January 2009, 01:09:12 »
Hmm... just had a look at gmarket and the seller there listing the black 86U chips8812 says he's out of stock.

Gmarket is kinda useless. I followed their sign up process but I can't login with the account I just created 20 minutes ago.

Offline billm

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 25 January 2009, 01:13:54 »
Quote from: sandy55;19547
If there are 10 or more people who really want to buy Topre tenless ( not varying various model types but only  one specific model type ), I probably can ask a guy to arrange getting/selling/shipping to you with a little amount of additional handling charge.  Repeat, only when requested model type is fixed to SINGLE specific model-type and minimum ordering lot is 10.   Or else, better to get it through sellers listed in wiki, or ask your friend in Japan.

billm, you can use those switches on Filco Zero tenless.

Hi Sandy-

I think I'm going to re-sell the filco tenless on ebay. It's a fine board but not quite what I'm looking for.

If you're serious about the Topre offer, I'm down for a black 86U! Who's keeping the master list? I suppose it could be me...

Offline sandy55

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 25 January 2009, 01:20:02 »
Quote from: xsphat;19549
Sandy I think you would interest more people than you would upset. If there are known issues with these keyboards that we don't know about, please tell us. Filcos obviously are the current fad around here, so please speak up.

I don't mean nothing like that.  I think billm's another thread will fit to modding Filco boards because the thread is titled as "Filco...".  Take it easy, man ;)

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 25 January 2009, 02:00:22 »
Quote from: sandy55;19555
I don't mean nothing like that.  I think billm's another thread will fit to modding Filco boards because the thread is titled as "Filco...".  Take it easy, man ;)

:rolleyes:

Offline zerogravitas

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 25 January 2009, 17:24:53 »
Quote from: billm;19554

If you're serious about the Topre offer, I'm down for a black 86U! Who's keeping the master list? I suppose it could be me...

I'm interested as well.  :)

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 25 January 2009, 21:34:57 »
Woah... another long lost member risen from the ashes.  First ashort, now zerogravitas.  Where is graywolf when you need him?

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 25 January 2009, 21:35:27 »
Oh, and Fox and ibi.  Where are they at?

Offline zerogravitas

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 25 January 2009, 22:01:24 »
I've been in lurker mode lately. :)