Author Topic: 60% aluminum case  (Read 100486 times)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
Re: 60% aluminum case
« Reply #300 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 13:15:12 »
Well, I'm pissed like hell too, but I think that might be going a bit too far. I still somewhere deep inside believe that they're not trying to scam us, but ****ed something up and just don't have the balls to admit it.

I could handle a **** up. But they can't just ignore the problem and hope it goes away, I'm sure if they had any intention of ever delivering they'd get on here and respond to one of the million questions that have been asked of them. I know phoenix has been having some luck with them but I honestly think they're just trying  to placate him because he's in Vietnam and could actually be a threat to them.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #301 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 09:26:27 »
I could handle a **** up. But they can't just ignore the problem and hope it goes away, I'm sure if they had any intention of ever delivering they'd get on here and respond to one of the million questions that have been asked of them. I know phoenix has been having some luck with them but I honestly think they're just trying  to placate him because he's in Vietnam and could actually be a threat to them.

The reason that I got partially the PCB and stabilizers is because they have no reason to refuse it. I think anyone who ordered the PCB and stabilizers can ask him to ship as a partial shipment to secure their order as I did. I can be sunk together with GH for the cases but they have no reason to keep my PCB and the stabilizers. It doesn't make any sense.

Well, I think perhaps this is the right for us to sum up what going on here.

This group buy is obviously a mess, I can admit that, a big messy and confusing GB, it totally violated a hundred rules of common senses. Ali is the one who received payments from GH community. However, as Ali and Botay46 confirmed, the one who actually is running the case production is Botay46 but Botay46 is just like an invisible man, he never appeared on any GH discussion.

Fortunately for us, we can see that Botay46 opened another GB at the same time with this GB on Vietnamese forum (vozforums.com) so we can seek him here:
http://vozforums.com/showthread.php?t=3572783
70058-0

Based on that, at least we can see there is a cooperation between them.
What is happening between Ali and Botay46?  It is a big question for all of us. Who is responsible for all of this? What will they do to sort all of these out?

So far, based on the picture uploaded by btdbinh and botay46, there are 10 cases produced but only a few received their cases.
70060-170062-2
According to Botay46, there are totally 22 cases ordered, 14 for GH and 8 for Vietnamese community. There is no one on GH received their cases so we can freely assume that some cases among the 10 cases produced were only delivered to Vietnamese community and some were failed. But that only is 10 cases, where are the other 12 cases? Did they really finish them? Why the missing figure is so close to the number of GH orders (12 vs 14)?
I think only botay46 and Ali can answer those questions.

I feel very sad about the fact that Botay46 and Ali are raising a lot of suspicious questions from the GH community but it seems they didn't realize that or just try the easier way to resolve a problem by ignoring it, very sad, really ...  :blank:
I like linear switches

Offline xandr

« Reply #302 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 13:11:05 »
I can't be the only one thinking that someone should sign up to that vietnamese forum and call Botay out in that thread?

@phoenix: Did anyone from the vietnamese community receive their cases? I don't speak a single word of vietnamese and I can't be bothered to use google translate on all 11 pages of that thread. But it would be really interesting to know if and which cases they received. Because if they received cases that are exactly the same as those that we here ordered, the whole "production defects" thing is a huge pile of steaming cow feces.
Sprit 60% w/MX Clear in DuckMini V2 case | Matias Quiet Pro (office)

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #303 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 21:08:24 »
I can't be the only one thinking that someone should sign up to that vietnamese forum and call Botay out in that thread?

@phoenix: Did anyone from the vietnamese community receive their cases? I don't speak a single word of vietnamese and I can't be bothered to use google translate on all 11 pages of that thread. But it would be really interesting to know if and which cases they received. Because if they received cases that are exactly the same as those that we here ordered, the whole "production defects" thing is a huge pile of steaming cow feces.

You can feel free to register an account and ask him directly on that thread but reading all of pages is pretty useless because they are just like bumping on GH classified thread. I can't confirm exactly who received the cases in Vietnam except the one who public their delivery on the Internet. That doesn't count the fact that some of them would have received the cases but also noticed this messy GB, so they may choose to be silent and secure their purchase rather than raise their voice for GH community justice.
I like linear switches

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #304 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 00:50:24 »

Offline ggnarsil

« Reply #305 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 03:50:27 »
I've ordered one red case and still waiting as others. but why I didn't post regular in this thread cuz I wasn't able to access Internet in the past. But it doesn't mean I don't care about this gb. Be honestly  it really disappoint me now.

Offline Rodgaroon

• Size matters, just ask my wife.
« Reply #306 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 15:57:23 »
G6v2 (MX Black) | Poker II (MX Brown) | Compact SQ (MX Clears 62g)

Offline xandr

« Reply #307 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 09:04:39 »
I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but has anyone heard any updates? phoenix1234?

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #308 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 09:52:53 »
I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but has anyone heard any updates? phoenix1234?

Correct, you are beating a dead horse  ;D
There is no additional update so far actually.
All they gave me are just countless promises as they did in the past. So I don't bother posting them here not until they have evidence of what they said.

I told them what we want to see at least the pictures of all cases together. Plus, they must also have pictures of the delivery paper and tracking for all GH shipments. Unfortunately, everything is completely silent, no picture, no evidence proof of production or delivery, nothing ...

Since these guys live in Ha Noi, I cannot come and check the cases. That doesn't count the fact that I never met them in real life. All information I get just via Facebook message. Some Vietnamese members here are in HaNoi but they are not their friends, so they decide to stay away. Some may know Ali and Botay in real life but they keep silent because they are not involved in this GB, it is none of their business. The rest may know both of them and also are involved in this GB. Among this group, some are pushing them but it doesn't help and some decided to stay silent maybe because they already received the cases or they are afraid of conflict? This is one of the reason why this GB is a big mess and no real pressure to reach the delivery so far after 8 months ...
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 July 2014, 10:24:38 by phoenix1234 »
I like linear switches

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #309 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 07:57:05 »
Update: Today, I'm trying to contact Botay in order to see what is going on with my case and your cases if I have a chance. At first, he accepted to let me come to visit him at his house. However, at last, he refused my appointment because he said he is busy.

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #310 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 06:34:46 »
Update:
Today, Mr Garoti (Mr Liem), the one who also participated in this GB, paid a serious visit to Botay house to see what is going on here. Here is the results that Mr Garoti took from the scene :
72852-0
72854-1
72856-2
72858-3
72860-4
Botay confirmed that there are only 4 missing cases from those pictures. They are produced and on the way from the factory to his house.

I really appreciate what Mr Garoti did to help us on updating this.  :thumb:

Edit: Mr Garoti even carefully took the picture with the date included.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 July 2014, 06:42:21 by phoenix1234 »
I like linear switches

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #311 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 06:56:59 »
Boo yeah, good to see those comes to reality.

Garoti also shown me one of those black 60% actually (possibly his) with a silver plate, It's fair to say they had good surface finishing (very smooth and fine anod) but the plate is a bit too soft to me (be careful bending problem /!\)

Anyway, happy to see the pics, hope you guy get them soon.
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #312 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 07:07:30 »
Update:
Today, Mr Garoti (Mr Liem), the one who also participated in this GB, paid a serious visit to Botay house to see what is going on here. Here is the results that Mr Garoti took from the scene :
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
Botay confirmed that there are only 4 missing cases from those pictures. They are produced and on the way from the factory to his house.

Cheers to all involved in getting this update.     Did they indicate when shipping will start?
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline ggnarsil

« Reply #313 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 07:16:11 »
Update:
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

nice job phoenix, at least it shows they r progressing our GB but no red case?  :eek: :eek:

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #314 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 04:06:52 »
2 weeks have passed, anyone know if those final few cases arrived with botay?

It's ridiculous that I'm still waiting on my case when it's been finished for months.

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #315 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 05:40:56 »

It's ridiculous that I'm still waiting on my case when it's been finished for months.

Now that is another issue. No one receives the case yet as far as I know. From what I get via Mr Liem Garoti, Ali is responsible for the shipping because he is the one who received the payment from GH and had the address of GH members. However, until now he did not ship anything out yet. Mr Liem and Botay are working out with Ali to resolve all of this. In the worst case, perhaps Botay will ship with the given list of addresses from Ali.
I like linear switches

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #316 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 06:03:30 »
Cheers for the info phoenix.

Offline ggnarsil

« Reply #317 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 06:09:34 »

Now that is another issue. No one receives the case yet as far as I know. From what I get via Mr Liem Garoti, Ali is responsible for the shipping because he is the one who received the payment from GH and had the address of GH members. However, until now he did not ship anything out yet. Mr Liem and Botay are working out with Ali to resolve all of this. In the worst case, perhaps Botay will ship with the given list of addresses from Ali.

welldone Phoenix, I believe few people have their circumstance changed. I pm Ali to change my shipping address but so far no reply from him  :(. please let the person in charge delivery to aware about this.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #318 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 06:18:37 »

welldone Phoenix, I believe few people have their circumstance changed. I pm Ali to change my shipping address but so far no reply from him  :(. please let the person in charge delivery to aware about this.
That's what worries me, I really hope they confirm addresses before shipping anything considering its been like 9 months.

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #319 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 10:36:55 »
I, ever the skeptic, as my case does not remain pictured.

That said, I am quite hopeful.

The lack of communication on their end--as well as the possibility of cases being shipped to old addresses, or still not shipped at all -- all worries me.

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #320 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 18:52:17 »
Update:
Bad news actually.
Until now, Mr Liem Garoti and Botay46 are not able to contact Ali to get the shipping addresses.
They called Ali to ask for the addresses several times. However there is no list given.
I know how mad you are when you read this bad news  :confused:.

Here is the PM that Botay46 sent to me this morning.
I can translate into English as follows
"Now, I will go to GH forum and ask people for the shipping addresses, whoever has an order, please screenshot the transaction message with Ali and PM/Email to botay46"
http://geekhack.org/index.php?action=profile;u=31815

We need to overcome this situation. So if you have any idea please advise.
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 August 2014, 19:00:07 by phoenix1234 »
I like linear switches

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #321 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 19:53:26 »
I'll PM botay with a copy of my receipt and my current address, cheers man.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #322 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 01:54:37 »
All sorted, botay is going to ship it out this week. Best bet is to screenshot the invoice from PayPal and send it to him with your current address.

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #323 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 13:11:42 »
I'm having a really strange issue.
I just found my invoice which I apparently never paid.
However I did make a payment of $200 usd for this case to an NO PERSONAL INFO.
I honestly can't remember this happening, I thought I paid the invoice.
Was that $200 usd for something else?
Does anyone know this email?

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #324 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 13:20:48 »

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=94890
http://geekhack.org/index.php?action=profile;u=33047

Google too hard.
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 August 2014, 22:18:15 by HoffmanMyster »
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #325 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 14:46:58 »

Google too hard.

I actually googled the email address and geekhack and variants to no avail.
I had to run to a family breakfast and didn't have time to further investigate.
I thought a kind geekhacker might have the answer.
An unkind geekhacker found it for me.
Thanks jerk.
 just got back.

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #326 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 14:56:25 »

Google too hard.

Thanks jerk.
 just got back.
I'm sorry you cant remember who you sent $200 to?  You would think someone would remember posting multiple times and pming back and forth to buy out someone's GB order.
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 August 2014, 22:18:31 by HoffmanMyster »
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #327 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 15:28:41 »
More

Google too hard.

Thanks jerk.
 just got back.
I'm sorry you cant remember who you sent $200 to?  You would think someone would remember posting multiple times and pming back and forth to buy out someone's GB order.

It was almost nine months ago.
Don't be sorry for my memory, be sorry you were a **** about it for no reason.
#clgfanboyatwork

edit: rofl d i c k is censored?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #328 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 22:22:15 »
1) Don't post personal information of any kind.
2) Let's settle down here, make up, and be friends.  :-*

3) I recommend putting a note in the paypal transfer to remind yourself why you sent someone money - it comes in quite handy at times like this.  :)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #329 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 22:24:39 »

3) I recommend putting a note in the paypal transfer to remind yourself why you sent someone money - it comes in quite handy at times like this.  :)

Sheesh, this Canadian! Amirite??

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #330 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 00:37:13 »

Sheesh, this Canadian! Amirite??

I actually had a note saying it was for the keyboard case, which is why I knew that.
The reason I was confused was because of the double invoice that was sent in December.
Only one of which was paid.
It confused the heck of out me.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #331 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 01:28:28 »
we should have a notice post on the 80% housing thread in classified also
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Germiphene

« Reply #332 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 10:13:25 »
So whats going on now.  I pm someone to get my cases?  Is that how this is rolling now?
HHKB pro | RF 87U | RF 87U uni-45g | CM QFR | Steelseries 6Gv2 | Filco MT2 | IBM model M | IBM SSK '87

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #333 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 10:18:25 »
So whats going on now.  I pm someone to get my cases?  Is that how this is rolling now?

I'm afraid it is because until now 19/08/2014 Botay did not receive the list from Ali :confused:, according to Botay
Please refer to my previous message
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51101.msg1438847#msg1438847

Edit: Botay just confirmed to me that until now he received 5-6 addresses from GH.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 August 2014, 10:26:02 by phoenix1234 »
I like linear switches

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #334 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 00:31:30 »
yeah screenshot your invoice, pm botay46
he'll get your case to you

Offline xandr

« Reply #335 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 02:04:43 »
Would be awesome if botay46 could at least send a confirmation that he received the address.

But then again, communication has been pretty much nonexistent in this group buy already, so why do I actually expect anything else?

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #336 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 09:12:47 »
Would be awesome if botay46 could at least send a confirmation that he received the address.

But then again, communication has been pretty much nonexistent in this group buy already, so why do I actually expect anything else?

He got back to me in about 24-48 hours.

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #337 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 00:42:12 »
Update:
Totally this group buy is a mess after mess  :confused: They never kept things that they promised on schedule. They kept giving excuses for the delay.

Botay confirmed that he received the list from Ali since Friday last week. However, nothing is shipped due to the given reason "internal issue between Botay and Ali". My cases and GH cases are still waiting somewhere. Some cases that are required assembly services are still in pending condition. Ali did not start to assemble those cases yet. I'm seeking for the answer from them what exactly is the "internal issue" ...
I like linear switches

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #338 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 01:14:47 »
Update:
Totally this group buy is a mess after mess  :confused: They never kept things that they promised on schedule. They kept giving excuses for the delay.

Botay confirmed that he received the list from Ali since Friday last week. However, nothing is shipped due to the given reason "internal issue between Botay and Ali". My cases and GH cases are still waiting somewhere. Some cases that are required assembly services are still in pending condition. Ali did not start to assemble those cases yet. I'm seeking for the answer from them what exactly is the "internal issue" ...
Far out it never ends with these guys.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #339 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 02:14:31 »
Let me guess - they no longer have the money for shipping.

Offline xandr

« Reply #340 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 07:59:02 »
I still don't get why the missing assembly of some cases prevents the cases that are done from being shipped.

Offline xandr

« Reply #341 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 08:00:02 »
I still don't get why the missing assembly of some cases prevents the cases that are done from being shipped.

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #342 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 09:42:23 »
Update:

The bad news is that no case is shipped yet. My PCBs are still waiting for the cases (+plates).
76247-0

The good news is that Botay just confirmed to me that he will start to ship tomorrow. I'm not sure about the certainty of this confirmation but it is what he told me.
I like linear switches

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #343 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 23:25:34 »
He told me two weeks ago that he would get my case to me but I guess that was before the "internal issue."

My slanderous gossip for the day:
I wonder if it was Ali saying NO WE COULD HAVE JUST GOTTEN AWAY WITH THEIR MONEY and Botay being like MY CONSCIOUS IS BEING WEIGHED UPON TOO HEAVILY

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #344 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 05:47:17 »
Update: Botay updated to me that 5 cases have been shipped as the following information:

- buller 1
- taylordcraig 1
- germi 2
- bubuchacha 1

As he said, he sent the tracking information to buller, taylordcraig and bubuchacha. If not, you can contact him for the detail information. The shipment to germi in Canada has no tracking because he used the hand-carry shipping service to Canada combined with Canada domestic shipping.  The service provider will do that for him.
I like linear switches

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #345 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 06:49:18 »
Can confirm I have tracking for my case.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #346 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 07:20:00 »
Hell has frozen over.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline Rodgaroon

• Size matters, just ask my wife.
« Reply #347 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 21:09:28 »
G6v2 (MX Black) | Poker II (MX Brown) | Compact SQ (MX Clears 62g)

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #348 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 10:08:33 »
Can confirm I have tracking for my case.

Yeah I have mine too. However the tracking looks like its destination is within Vietnam.

edit for grammar

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #349 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 14:42:44 »
Probably shipped the cases to himself.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien