Author Topic: Bro Caps Therapy  (Read 2699093 times)

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Brobot therapy
« Reply #1900 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 12:02:38 »
Haha.  Now I have to root for Exitfire's disappearing flight plan :(

Oh no!  It seems I'm making too many enemies around here lately.  :))  I just want the Bros...nothing personal.   :rolleyes:

I might have to make a stop in STL after I go take care of exitfire...

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1901 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 12:06:56 »

Oh no!  It seems I'm making too many enemies around here lately.  :))  I just want the Bros...nothing personal.   :rolleyes:

If you feel up to coming to St Louis.. be my guest.  One of the things we're best at is having one of the worst crime rates in the country =)

Yep, I've been.   :))   I went there twice for a show at The Fox.  It was cancelled the first time without any warning.   :rolleyes:   Drove all the way from Milwaukee for that.  (totally worth two trips though!)

And then I was there again for a conference.  Got to go to City Museum that time, which was awesome.   :thumb:

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1902 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 12:08:13 »

If you feel up to coming to St Louis.. be my guest.  One of the things we're best at is having one of the worst crime rates in the country =)

Yep, I've been.   :))   I went there twice for a show at The Fox.  It was cancelled the first time without any warning.   :rolleyes:   Drove all the way from Milwaukee for that.  (totally worth two trips though!)

And then I was there again for a conference.  Got to go to City Museum that time, which was awesome.   :thumb:

City Museum is cool!  Have you managed to take in our zoo yet?  Free!

Offline theteam

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1903 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 12:09:16 »
All of us bro-less that don't make it in to the dibs sale will need an extra dose of therapy for sure..

I already don't have much hope in the dibs sale, thats how unlucky I am (IRL too lol)  :'(

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1904 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 12:43:38 »
I don't need this thread personally but I am here to offer my psychiatric services along side my keyboard modding services.
I love Elzy

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1905 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 12:50:45 »

I don't need this thread personally but I am here to offer my psychiatric services along side my keyboard modding services.

Shameless plug!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1906 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 12:52:57 »

HOLD ME SIFORRARI.

Offline iapache

« Reply #1907 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 14:13:27 »
The dibs sale for those that missed the Freedom Sale is real...   :eek:

Good luck to all that are eligible!

This is awesome!!! I sure hope I get in!

Poker II

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1908 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 14:43:23 »
Show Image

Soon I will have my QFR replacement top case painted to my satisfaction (touching up a few spots of the red before putting on a clear coat).

Somehow I must get a Canada bro and a Conservative Red v2 for this :o

I support this endeavour. 

However, I also want an 'Anada BB, so I wish you the worst of luck.   :p

Leave them for us Canadians please!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1909 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 14:47:21 »
Show Image

Soon I will have my QFR replacement top case painted to my satisfaction (touching up a few spots of the red before putting on a clear coat).

But I like Canada.  :(  Share the love?

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1910 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 14:55:17 »
Canada is nice!  Almost as nice as the 'Anada Bro..

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1911 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 14:56:40 »
Show Image

But I like Canada.  :(  Share the love?

Warm Canadians can have dibs after the true Canadians  :p

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1912 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 17:32:36 »
"... for the special run caps (that didn't appear in the sale)."

Almost makes one want to have missed the earlier sale in order to potentially qualify for something else!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1913 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 17:33:24 »
Now I'm worried that I missed the dibs sale too.. so much suspense tonight between this and the KBK sale.. :o

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1914 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 17:35:07 »

Almost makes one want to have missed the earlier sale in order to potentially qualify for something else!

That's exactly how EDD CC sale felt.  I've always been a huge fan of the skulls, so I was actually a little happy to miss the initial sale and get into the one stocked full of skulls.   ;D

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #1915 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 17:35:57 »
Now I'm worried that I missed the dibs sale too.. so much suspense tonight between this and the KBK sale.. :o

How are Dibs Sales handled?
Does he announce them in his thread? Does he PM you ?

What's the dealio?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1916 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 17:38:11 »

How are Dibs Sales handled?
Does he announce them in his thread? Does he PM you ?

What's the dealio?

Sometimes he does dibs where he picks a random person who doesn't have any BBs from the thread and just posts that they've got a PM.  Other times he might do different things, I'm not entirely sure.  It's all part of the mystery!

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #1917 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 17:45:10 »

Glad I'm not the only one  :))

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1918 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 17:48:43 »

:)

But then you might end up missing both.  I was glad enough to get in on the ID sale - one of the few, the very few, sales I have not missed in the past couple of years.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1919 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 17:48:43 »
Can't help but hope to get in dibs sale. I really like the Canada one.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1920 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 17:50:10 »
I love the way he says "some of the caps that will be on offer".

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49563.msg1393579#msg1393579

:p

Offline cphead

« Reply #1921 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 17:51:02 »
I love the way he says "some of the caps that will be on offer".

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49563.msg1393579#msg1393579

:p

Mmm much excite. :p

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #1922 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:04:18 »

But then you might end up missing both.  I was glad enough to get in on the ID sale - one of the few, the very few, sales I have not missed in the past couple of years.

No doubt, and I'm happy for those that are getting another shot at some Bros. I'm dying for my Conservative Red Bot to show up and I'm glad others will get to feel that kind of anticipation and happiness. I was carrying groceries into the house when I got my "in" email and started yelling like a loon ... my neighbors have to think I have some kind of disorder lol.

Though, there's always going to be a small part of me that wants more, more, more. I'm starting to develop the same relationship with Bro's that I have with Vicodin ... If I take one, I'll take two, then ten, and then not stop until something gives  :p

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1923 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:10:43 »

No doubt, and I'm happy for those that are getting another shot at some Bros. I'm dying for my Conservative Red Bot to show up and I'm glad others will get to feel that kind of anticipation and happiness. I was carrying groceries into the house when I got my "in" email and started yelling like a loon ... my neighbors have to think I have some kind of disorder lol.

Though, there's always going to be a small part of me that wants more, more, more. I'm starting to develop the same relationship with Bro's that I have with Vicodin ... If I take one, I'll take two, then ten, and then not stop until something gives  :p

And it's always the case that there are so many BroBots and other BroCaps designs that it is hopeless to try to collect all of them.

Offline Lingj

« Reply #1924 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:34:17 »
Still bro-less after three sales but hopefully I get in on the dibs sale.  :D

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
    • Graphic Design Portfolio
« Reply #1925 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:36:40 »
Man I was super excited for this, I just recently joined the community and went all in and got a HHKB Pro Black w/ blank caps and really really miss not being able to really customize my keycaps at all (unless I'm just looking in the wrong places I haven't found any topre keycaps anywhere).  I set 2 reminders on my phone and one on my PC and had the email already typed and saved into drafts that way I could get it in from my phone if needed.

Then the bad turn of events happened, my ex who I'm still good friends with started talking to me again and asked me if I wanted to hang out and go see a movie with her.  Due to my courteous nature I felt that I should not make the order from the theatre, so I went to the restroom to order it, only to find I had no service in their restroom... UHGUUU I guess I'll just have to wait for another one...  I knew I should have heeded the warnings about this mystical place called "outside"

Welp in a continuation of a series of unfortunate events, I didn't end up emailing him due to how late I would have been and the certainty of not having a chance. Now I'm double screwed, since he's only giving these out to people who sent an email but didn't get in... FMLLLLLLL

Compact-SQ |          VE.A
 65g Zealios    |      78g Zealios

Offline Mooby

• Funployee
« Reply #1926 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 18:47:37 »
Man I was super excited for this, I just recently joined the community and went all in and got a HHKB Pro Black w/ blank caps and really really miss not being able to really customize my keycaps at all (unless I'm just looking in the wrong places I haven't found any topre keycaps anywhere).  I set 2 reminders on my phone and one on my PC and had the email already typed and saved into drafts that way I could get it in from my phone if needed.

Then the bad turn of events happened, my ex who I'm still good friends with started talking to me again and asked me if I wanted to hang out and go see a movie with her.  Due to my courteous nature I felt that I should not make the order from the theatre, so I went to the restroom to order it, only to find I had no service in their restroom... UHGUUU I guess I'll just have to wait for another one...  I knew I should have heeded the warnings about this mystical place called "outside"

Welp in a continuation of a series of unfortunate events, I didn't end up emailing him due to how late I would have been and the certainty of not having a chance. Now I'm double screwed, since he's only giving these out to people who sent an email but didn't get in... FMLLLLLLL

I know exactly how you feel. Missed the sale too, hoped for the dibs event, meh.

Offline darkiedark

« Reply #1927 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 23:41:18 »
long shot but i hope i get one. that translucent brobot is moneyyyy.

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #1928 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 23:56:27 »
My girlfriend asked me to get a brobot for her today. I told her tough luck until I get one first.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1929 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 00:01:42 »
My girlfriend asked me to get a brobot for her today. I told her tough luck until I get one first.

At least she shares your hobby :)

Offline osi

« Reply #1930 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 00:08:20 »
ALL I NEED IS ONE BRO

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1931 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 00:08:59 »
No.. New.. V1.. Colors.. Ever Again!  :'(

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1932 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 00:10:45 »
ALL I NEED IS ONE BRO

(Attachment Link)

Should I know who this is?  I feel like I should.

Offline osi

« Reply #1933 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 00:12:14 »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1934 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 00:33:34 »
ALL I NEED IS ONE BRO

(Attachment Link)

Nas!!

Ah.  Today I learned.  And tomorrow I forget.  Because that means nothing to me.  Other than I think he's a rapper.

This is way off topic!  xD  BROBOTS

Offline osi

« Reply #1935 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 00:54:12 »
ALL I NEED IS ONE BRO

(Attachment Link)

Nas!!

Ah.  Today I learned.  And tomorrow I forget.  Because that means nothing to me.  Other than I think he's a rapper.

This is way off topic!  xD  BROBOTS

But but he was offering us a bro.... :'(

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1936 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 00:56:09 »
Just saw I missed the Independence day sale. FML.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1937 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 00:58:48 »

I wasn't calling you out for going off-topic!  I was just saying that I will stop going so far off-topic with my ignorance of this rap music guy.  xD

You are right, though.  He was offering us a Bro.  I should have been kinder and accepted the Bro.   :-*

Offline osi

« Reply #1938 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 01:04:18 »

I wasn't calling you out for going off-topic!  I was just saying that I will stop going so far off-topic with my ignorance of this rap music guy.  xD

You are right, though.  He was offering us a Bro.  I should have been kinder and accepted the Bro.   :-*

:D

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #1939 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 06:56:53 »
Oh no. Since i wrote the mail to the wrong mail provider, no dibs sale too. Of course i sent then 20 minutes later just for fun the mail again to the correct address, but don't know if that counts...
... ...

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #1940 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 07:22:22 »
Did anyone else notice the Fauxluminum Purple Bliss banner is gone from the "Upcoming" section of the Official Sale Thread?

Offline runcom

• Topre lover
« Reply #1941 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 07:24:03 »
Yup sadface
Don't be a dumbass, always be kind to people, here and afk

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #1942 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 07:30:57 »
Did anyone else notice the Fauxluminum Purple Bliss banner is gone from the "Upcoming" section of the Official Sale Thread?

Maybe because the "Bro Set" people are going to get first shot (and they didn't want to advertise it this team so people couldn't back out of orders).
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1943 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 07:50:29 »
I'm not gonna get into dibs, and its gonna be the only chance to get a golden toad

im sure of it
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #1944 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 08:21:51 »
sell out and eat ass

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1945 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 08:22:42 »
Show Image

Send em to WI, I'll take some photos for ya.  Free of charge.

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #1946 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 08:28:03 »
Show Image

i will take all your problems for all your brobots
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1947 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 09:56:47 »
Show Image

Brocaps arriving in the mail today

It is raining really hard and I won't be able to take an awesome picture of them.  :'(

Offline Belfong

Brobot therapy
« Reply #1948 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 11:17:48 »
Show Image

#firstworldkeyboardproblem if I ever see one :)

Offline OnTheBrink

• Work Hard. Play Harder.
    • Wired In Store
« Reply #1949 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 13:24:27 »
Show Image

Just got my D5300 in the mail today. My 40mm macro is ready.

Feel free to send them along with your sale items I wasn't selected for my way and I'll take those pics for you.

Can't promise they'll be returned though.  :cool: