geekhack Community > Keyboards

Best Tactile Switch?

(1/4) > >>

vsquz:
Hi,
I am new to the world of Mechanical Keyboards and new to the geekhack community.
So i've been looking for a Tactile Keyboard Switch because i find typing on linear is a bit boring and i want a feedback.
It can also be cliky, but it shouldnt sound bad like MX Blues.
i also live in Austria so import taxes from china can become expensive.

I'm Interested in the Kailh BOX whites and the T1, since they are fairly cheap and not sold out everywhere. But i am still unshure if i am gonna go cliky, and the T1 dont have much branding i and i dont want to end up with a cheap bad manufactured switch.
I also looked into Holy Pandas and Zealios v2 but they are too expensive and are beyond my budget.

Rob27shred:
Honestly it's like everything else in this hobby, personal preference should dictate what your fav tactile is. Nobody can tell you specifically if you'll like a certain switch or not. That said Durock T1s seem popular enough to justify trying IMO. They will most likely suffer from the thin, loose tops durock/jwk are known for. Although that is nothing films or a top swap can't fix.

yui:
for clicky maybe look at the kailh click bar switches (there are quite a few, bronze and navy being my favorites) or a model M.
for tactile, my favorite is the kailh/NK box royal, but nothing beats the tactility of a clicky switch.
those are my preferences, that mean that it is very subjective and may not be yours... the only way to know is to try.

Sintpinty:

--- Quote from: vsquz on Mon, 16 November 2020, 05:49:44 ---Hi,
I am new to the world of Mechanical Keyboards and new to the geekhack community.
So i've been looking for a Tactile Keyboard Switch because i find typing on linear is a bit boring and i want a feedback.
It can also be cliky, but it shouldnt sound bad like MX Blues.
i also live in Austria so import taxes from china can become expensive.

I'm Interested in the Kailh BOX whites and the T1, since they are fairly cheap and not sold out everywhere. But i am still unshure if i am gonna go cliky, and the T1 dont have much branding i and i dont want to end up with a cheap bad manufactured switch.
I also looked into Holy Pandas and Zealios v2 but they are too expensive and are beyond my budget.

--- End quote ---

Clears might be better.. anything 67 g tactile is the golden ratio

vsquz:
alright will check them out

cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version