Author Topic: [IC] GMK Muted 2  (Read 135823 times)

Offline phunktional

Re: [IC] GMK Muted 2
« Reply #300 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 07:22:33 »
why all this negativity?

be glad that people like Oblotzky take their time, thanks to them a second round of Muted takes place.
I'm sorry for the negativity that I contributed.

Krelbit, Oblotzsky, and Zambumon are free to make whatever decision they want. That doesn't mean those of us who have wanted this set for a long time aren't allowed to be vocal about it looking the way we prefer on a specific layout. An IC is our opportunity to give feedback and when that feedback isn't heard, it's disappointing. We are customers.

I imagine others, like myself, are upset because we've wanted this set for a long time. There's little justification for why they won't be included and snide commentary about why. If they're added, I'll buy. If not, I won't and I'll avoid buying anything associated with Krelbit, Oblotzsky, and Zambumon. There's so much out there to buy, I'll use this as an excuse to cut out a subset of products based on the way the businesses treat their customers.

I hope those involved can be bigger than this and deliver this set to the community in a way that makes more people happy. Krelbit and Oblotzsky added an amazing international kit to help those folks out and I hope they will do the same for others.

« Reply #301 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 07:25:39 »
Sad that F13 was taken out of the base kit and put in extension

Offline Nudd

« Reply #302 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 07:32:58 »
I've not purchased about four/five sets over the last few months I was interested in due to changes or removals of things I would have liked. I don't buy them and look for the next set.

You make requests and it's the person/s running the ICs choice.

First world problem

Offline ttom

• Formerly tvaro
« Reply #303 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 08:28:14 »

f13 is just resin holder anyway
Hoarder Collector and designer

Classifieds

Offline mrvco

« Reply #304 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 09:15:07 »
I've not purchased about four/five sets over the last few months I was interested in due to changes or removals of things I would have liked. I don't buy them and look for the next set.

You make requests and it's the person/s running the ICs choice.

First world problem

Yep, I can see both sides.  There is currently no shortage of compelling keycap GBs and very little risk of missing MoQ.  I don't mind any particular aspect that makes the decision to join a particular GB or not as a bad thing right now.
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 December 2020, 09:19:57 by mrvco »

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #305 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 10:16:24 »
So not implementing your preferences == not being heard, got it

Offline udller

« Reply #306 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 10:31:39 »
id be keen for this to re run, i didnt buy it the first time around. and ive very glad it has handbag caps lock :)

Offline Prelim

« Reply #307 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 10:44:47 »
why all this negativity?

be glad that people like Oblotzky take their time, thanks to them a second round of Muted takes place.

take their tim$, right...
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #308 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 11:13:15 »

f13 is just resin holder anyway

glad to see the truth be spoken
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline fishbiscuit13

• do you realize ???
« Reply #310 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 12:06:56 »
I think a lot of people here would do well to consider the difference between being "vocal" and being "unreasonable". Your point has been made and considered. Having multiple people on your side doesn't make it correct.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #311 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 12:16:17 »
I think a lot of people here would do well to consider the difference between being "vocal" and being "unreasonable". Your point has been made and considered. Having multiple people on your side doesn't make it correct.

but what if i want to mald about plastic on the internet
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #312 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 12:17:46 »

No, but it helps validate that the opinion isn't isolated to one person.

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #313 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 12:45:42 »

most of us know which party is being unreasonable

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #314 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 13:12:43 »
I'm just glad to finally see a R2 of the set I regretted to have skipped on the first time around, I mostly agree with the comments about more accent keys (but that might be my bias as a huge fan of accent colours), but in the end it's up to the designer (or in this case revamp-er) and vendors I guess.

Offline huey

« Reply #315 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 13:18:31 »
It's kinda hilarious watching the ANSI majority members reacting to not getting the compat they want. It isn't fun having a set potentially ruined for you because you can't get you want - though pipe and tilde/grave are alpha keys  ;) This message was proudly brought to you by ISOR.

Offline Yeoh

« Reply #316 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 14:20:31 »
Can LightningXI get permission to run GMK Muted version with icon+text mods please?

**** yesss!

Offline Tonkatonk

« Reply #317 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 14:48:57 »
Can you please add the ñ key for spanish compat????

Noxary PC268.2 | Red Nunu | Purple PC Nunu | Ogre | Vulcan Pro

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod
« Reply #318 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 14:50:43 »
Text/Icon mods will inevitably happen in a future round of Muted 2.

Just not this time, okay?
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 December 2020, 14:54:21 by Krelbit »

Offline Tonkatonk

« Reply #319 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 14:54:45 »
Text/Icon mods will innevitably happen in a future round of Muted 2.

Mandatory question:

Will the Text/Icon mod include mod colored tilde/pipe?

Noxary PC268.2 | Red Nunu | Purple PC Nunu | Ogre | Vulcan Pro

Offline The Cat Whisperer

• meowdy
« Reply #320 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 16:02:30 »
wow something about this set just stands out as super clean and sleek

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #321 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 17:42:54 »
v popular set nice
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline logomachy

« Reply #322 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 17:57:59 »
Text/Icon mods will innevitably happen in a future round of Muted 2.

Mandatory question:

Will the Text/Icon mod include mod colored tilde/pipe?
Probably not, because icon+text mods are for the remaining aesthete purists

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #323 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 19:00:54 »
Thank you for blessing us with this<3

Offline BioOrpheus

« Reply #324 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 22:28:24 »
Mr Sleeves will be coming back in full force to accommodate the return of Muted 2. Please don't bug the lube goblin.

text mods option and colored arrow keys please. I want to match it on my GMK Minimal that I ordered this summer.

Offline jpg2401

« Reply #325 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 02:20:21 »
I realize that hearing another person ask for Mod Tilde won't change your mind, however, I would appreciate it showing up in some kit, doesn't even have to be the base kit. Thanks!
Savage 65 | GSKT-00 || Valhalla | X60 V2

Offline vsrnth

« Reply #326 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 05:54:32 »
One more vote for the mod tidle key

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline kaisn

« Reply #327 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 08:44:27 »
Just chuck them (mod colored alpha character keys) into the International kit. Support MOQ of smaller kits. (This is gigabrane)

Everyone wins.

I like this idea

Offline ubmit

« Reply #328 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 10:07:18 »
Just chuck them (mod colored alpha character keys) into the International kit. Support MOQ of smaller kits. (This is gigabrane)

Everyone wins.

I like this idea

Imagine buying this kit for 2 keys
Lyn Whale | KFE CE | Frog | Singa | Dolice | Haus | Kei | Polaris | Prophet | Bongoneko

Offline Yeoh

« Reply #329 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 10:58:38 »
+1 for mod tilde

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #330 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 12:25:42 »
Lovely changes, thank you.

Here are a few further suggestions for your consideration:
  • Also, I wanted to throw this out there: Maybe the macro column keys can moved out into a separate kit, just to keep the cost of Extension down for the majority of us who don't need those keys?
    Since the macro keys can also serve as generic ortho support, with the addition of just one extra key, R3 1.25u Tab, you could turn this into a very basic 40% support kit.

• Even if you opt to keep the macro keys in Extension, please consider adding R3 1.25u Tab regardless — this will allow the majority of standard 12u and 13u 40s boards to be covered (using one of the many R3 1.75u keys as Enter, and macro keys for the 1u's).

The 40s community has been talking about how to create minimal physical compatibility in GMK base kits. We landed on three keys:
  • R3 1.25u Tab
  • R3 1.5u Enter
  • R2 1.75u Backspace

These three keys will provide physical compatibility for an enormous swath of 40% boards, ranging from 12u, 13u, Van, and Van clones, without the need for an add-on kit.

Offline Lufenia

« Reply #331 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 12:41:39 »

• Also, I wanted to throw this out there: Maybe the macro column keys can moved out into a separate kit, just to keep the cost of Extension down for the majority of us who don't need those keys?
    Since the macro keys can also serve as generic ortho support, with the addition of just one extra key, R3 1.25u Tab, you could turn this into a very basic 40% support kit.

• Even if you opt to keep the macro keys in Extension, please consider adding R3 1.25u Tab regardless — this will allow the majority of standard 12u and 13u 40s boards to be covered (using one of the many R3 1.75u keys as Enter, and macro keys for the 1u's).

The 40s community has been talking about how to create minimal physical compatibility in GMK base kits. We landed on three keys:
  • R3 1.25u Tab
  • R3 1.5u Enter
  • R2 1.75u Backspace

These three keys will provide physical compatibility for an enormous swath of 40% boards, ranging from 12u, 13u, Van, and Van clones, without the need for an add-on kit.

What have you done. This thread is going to get spicy.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #332 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 12:54:19 »
Based set
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

« Reply #333 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 15:15:06 »

• R3 1.25u Tab
  • R3 1.5u Enter
  • R2 1.75u Backspace

From one doc to another can I request you add purple esc, insert and F5-F8 to that bish <3

Offline Yeoh

« Reply #334 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 20:34:01 »

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #335 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 21:26:36 »

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #336 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 21:30:19 »
It’s fairly obvious that this isn’t an IC but an announcement where, to me, it looks like it doesn’t matter what peoples comment. It won’t change a thing.

x2!

This is a business model now, Interest Checks no longer mean sh1t and are just a way to create more hype for a GB. Guess it wasn't all so fake 5 years ago...

Yep, we changed absolutely nothing about the set since the initial posting.

Offline Qarmaa

« Reply #337 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 21:47:09 »
Renders are stunning. Still hoping for windowed keycaps in extention kit

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #338 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 22:15:45 »
Those Kei and Zenith renders, big nut

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #339 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 00:33:05 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

hot

Offline udller

« Reply #340 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 08:40:25 »
i understand that the pipe slash key is not a mod, so it should be alpahs coloured. but how come some of the function keys are modifier colour and some are alpha coloured? this is so confusing.. 
oblivion r1 had the whole function keys avaialiable in alpha colours in base kit, i liked that.

so many options.

« Reply #341 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 10:33:03 »
i understand that the pipe slash key is not a mod, so it should be alpahs coloured. but how come some of the function keys are modifier colour and some are alpha coloured? this is so confusing.. 
oblivion r1 had the whole function keys avaialiable in alpha colours in base kit, i liked that.

so many options.

Regarding the different colored F5-F8 this goes back to OG Cherry days. Maybe even before that.

Offline Prelim

« Reply #342 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 15:10:17 »
It’s fairly obvious that this isn’t an IC but an announcement where, to me, it looks like it doesn’t matter what peoples comment. It won’t change a thing.

x2!

This is a business model now, Interest Checks no longer mean sh1t and are just a way to create more hype for a GB. Guess it wasn't all so fake 5 years ago...

where's the change log?
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline Nuclear Nachos

• Anima and Animus
« Reply #343 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 15:21:35 »
just put the mod tilde/pipe key in its own kit and call it the lame kit ez done

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod
« Reply #344 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 15:54:28 »

x2!

where's the change log?

Page 4.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=109923.msg2986491#msg2986491

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #345 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 16:25:08 »

x2!

where's the change log?

Page 4.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=109923.msg2986491#msg2986491

"you've made no changes"

"here is a list of the changes we have made"

i swear to god this ****ing website sometimes

nobody knows how to read anymore

« Reply #346 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 16:39:47 »
Forgot to ask and now its there... split space in purple accent, ILY

Offline Ram

« Reply #347 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 00:24:20 »
LIke this look a lot

Offline mrnevertkl

« Reply #348 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 11:11:23 »
i ready

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #349 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 16:02:39 »