Author Topic: [GB] Programmable Vintage board PCBs - Omnikey, AT101, and Z-150  (Read 15443 times)

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
Re: [GB] Programmable Vintage board PCBs - Omnikey, AT101, and Z-150
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 13 August 2018, 15:51:25 »
Glad to hear it!  I picked up some decent spray paint to test out.  Going to try it on my quietkey to see how to finish looks an holds up.  If it works, I'll soon have my blue bigfoot 101W!

Have you looked at the duplicolor vinyl dye spray? works really nicely and the final product is really nice. But not sure what blue you are going for. My omnikey in my sig is painted with that dye.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 13 August 2018, 16:33:21 »
This color would be perfect. 

https://www.amazon.com/Dupli-Color-EHVP11200-Medium-Performance-Fabric/dp/B00098PO5O/

This is the same color as what I got in regular spray paint.  I've never used anything like it before.  Would it work on the AT101 case?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 13 August 2018, 16:48:33 »
This color would be perfect. 

https://www.amazon.com/Dupli-Color-EHVP11200-Medium-Performance-Fabric/dp/B00098PO5O/

This is the same color as what I got in regular spray paint.  I've never used anything like it before.  Would it work on the AT101 case?

Yep, I painted an AT101 with a duplicolor dark grey dye and it was perfect. That dye, as long as they have the color you want, is the best bet for painting plastic cases.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 13 August 2018, 17:24:33 »
Okay. I bought some

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 13 August 2018, 23:15:07 »
Update:

...Okay, so I feel like an idiot right now. I just looked at the AT101 PCB and noticed that for some reason the nav and numpad are misaligned and I honestly don't know how that happened. I remember checking this multiple times but somehow that error still exists.

So I will need to order replacement AT101 PCBs, which will take another week or so. I am very, very sorry and I am pissed at myself for this mistake. I am currently fixing the issue which will take tonight and a bit of tomorrow and then I will place the order. This shouldn't take nearly as long because the prototype process is much faster than the normal production timeline that the Z-150 took.

The Z-150 isn't affected and I actually built in some playroom for the function cluster, due to me not having on in person, so it will work.

I will send the messed up PCBs if requested because they can be used for a different project if you wish to put in the effort. They are fully functioning PCBs just not AT101 spacing.

EDIT: Fixes are done, and I will be placing the order now.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 August 2018, 00:03:10 by BlindAssassin111 »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 14 August 2018, 00:23:42 »
Update:

...Okay, so I feel like an idiot right now. I just looked at the AT101 PCB and noticed that for some reason the nav and numpad are misaligned and I honestly don't know how that happened. I remember checking this multiple times but somehow that error still exists.

So I will need to order replacement AT101 PCBs, which will take another week or so. I am very, very sorry and I am pissed at myself for this mistake. I am currently fixing the issue which will take tonight and a bit of tomorrow and then I will place the order. This shouldn't take nearly as long because the prototype process is much faster than the normal production timeline that the Z-150 took.

The Z-150 isn't affected and I actually built in some playroom for the function cluster, due to me not having on in person, so it will work.

I will send the messed up PCBs if requested because they can be used for a different project if you wish to put in the effort. They are fully functioning PCBs just not AT101 spacing.

EDIT: Fixes are done, and I will be placing the order now.

woops

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 14 August 2018, 00:28:49 »
woops

...only a big woops. Sorry to have delayed your build.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 20 August 2018, 17:43:18 »
Update:

Got the updated boards and they fit!!! Only one of the peg holes is off, which sucks because I did move it to fix but I don't think that change saved because it lines up just like the last version. So you may need to shave the little ribs on the upper peg on the bottom case halve to allow the PCB to sit properly(the one that actually passes through the PCB). Otherwise everything is good, switches lineup and are easy to install and all mounting screws line up.

Sorry for the delayed shipping I was also waiting on diodes and packaging material to show up and the packaging was delivered to the wrong address...So I didn't get it until today.

I will start packaging tomorrow hopefully but my car isn't 100% fixed atm, so I can't guarantee that any will actually ship tomorrow or wednesday.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 23 August 2018, 16:22:35 »
Got the case painted with dupli-color today.  It looks awesome.  It was supposed to be medium blue but it came out a dark gray.  It looks really cool though.  Works well with the Tai Hoa olivette caps.  I'll send some beauty shots once I get it all done.  Just need that PCB

https://imgur.com/gallery/6pFLvQg

interesting fact: that case color is the EXACT same color as SA abyss alphas.  So I guess I can try out that sick combo when the nexus sliders arrive :)

also... I seem to have misplaced my alt and control keys.  I vaguely remember messing around with them a few months back.  Looks like I'll be tearing my room apart in search of the missing caps.  RIP

« Last Edit: Thu, 23 August 2018, 16:31:30 by pixelpusher »

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 23 August 2018, 17:54:10 »
Got the case painted with dupli-color today.  It looks awesome.  It was supposed to be medium blue but it came out a dark gray.  It looks really cool though.  Works well with the Tai Hoa olivette caps.  I'll send some beauty shots once I get it all done.  Just need that PCB

https://imgur.com/gallery/6pFLvQg

interesting fact: that case color is the EXACT same color as SA abyss alphas.  So I guess I can try out that sick combo when the nexus sliders arrive :)

also... I seem to have misplaced my alt and control keys.  I vaguely remember messing around with them a few months back.  Looks like I'll be tearing my room apart in search of the missing caps.  RIP

Hmm, it is definetely blue but doesn't seem to pop nearly as much as mine does, maybe it is due to the size of the top bezel? Omnikeys have more geometry allowing for more contrast I guess, so it looks a bit more blue to the eye.

Still looks really nice!

PCBs should hopefully be shipping saturday. I ran out of tape and have no way to get to the store to buy more...Sorry for the delay but I wasn't expecting this to happen. :(

Offline catfud

• I go by lkjl elsewhere
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 19:14:59 »
I am so sad...just found out about this group buy now. Oh well, hand wiring my Z-150 hopefully won't be too painful :P

Great job by the way, it's amazing to see so much talent in this community

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 29 August 2018, 22:01:18 »
Update:

All boards were shipped on monday, most US orders should be delivered or will be delivered tomorrow.

The AT101 firmware is good to go and ready for you to use to program your boards via QMK.

The Z-150 firmware is still being worked on and has been giving me issues that I am having trouble locating, I hope to have it fixed by tomorrow if not tonight.

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 30 August 2018, 01:22:59 »
For anyone else who ordered the AT101 PCB-- the Teensy with pre-installed pins doesn't fit.  The Teensy has to stick below the PCB, and the pins-included version is designed to sit above it.

I'm thinking I'll just order another without pins and keep the pinned one as a spare for a future project (Maybe a PWM speed control with self-monitoring for a turntable.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 30 August 2018, 11:22:15 »
For anyone else who ordered the AT101 PCB-- the Teensy with pre-installed pins doesn't fit.  The Teensy has to stick below the PCB, and the pins-included version is designed to sit above it.

I'm thinking I'll just order another without pins and keep the pinned one as a spare for a future project (Maybe a PWM speed control with self-monitoring for a turntable.

And also the one with pre-installed pins doesn't have all of them filled, which is needed because the board used every single pin available to make it possible.

Offline fireworm

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 17:54:27 »
Any updates on the Z150 firmware?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 17:56:26 »
Any updates on the Z150 firmware?

Yes it was merged a while back, I guess I forgot to post that it was....sorry about that. It should support both normal and TKL layouts.

Offline linuxleah

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 02 January 2023, 09:09:28 »
Just necroposting to say... I'd LOVE to bankroll another run of these boards! Sent you some DMs. :)

Offline chigi22

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 02 January 2023, 09:59:26 »
Just necroposting to say... I'd LOVE to bankroll another run of these boards! Sent you some DMs. :)

I would definitely buy two Omnikey PCBs if this were to run again.

Offline linuxleah

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 02 January 2023, 10:30:39 »

I would definitely buy two Omnikey PCBs if this were to run again.

YIIIIIIISSSS. Gosh I hope OP responds!