Author Topic: Oh god no  (Read 2454 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Oh god no
« on: Sat, 08 May 2021, 13:58:18 »
There is great than 0% chance that Tp4 may be sent to either Malaysia or China in the next 8 months.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
Re: Oh god no
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 08 May 2021, 15:13:45 »
There is great than 0% chance that Tp4 may be sent to either Malaysia or China in the next 8 months.

Show Image

From work?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 08 May 2021, 16:47:52 »
From work?

The very same.

White collar work in these countries is basically, here you have to drink 100-400ml of alcohol every other day..

Offline Kavik

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 01:18:18 »
Can TP4 quit instead? Early retirement? New career as veggie spokesman and motivational speaker?
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 02:51:14 »
Can TP4 quit instead? Early retirement? New career as veggie spokesman and motivational speaker?

If only Tp4 can find a way to get payed a nickle for every time he says veggie.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 03:59:21 »
you have to drink 100-400ml of alcohol every other day..
Assuming that's 100ml of 40% spirits that's not too bad, 400ml would be.  You'll be new in town so could you claim allergies or say alcohol makes you violent without being rude?
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 04:18:59 »
Assuming that's 100ml of 40% spirits that's not too bad, 400ml would be.  You'll be new in town so could you claim allergies or say alcohol makes you violent without being rude?

The drinking is just part of the job. It's a terrible system. There is no way around it. As it turns out most adults are too shy/ timid/ and stressed without alcohol. 

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 04:38:28 »
Sounds crazy, do they supply a chauffeur to get you home too?

I'll have to remember to never go to Asia on business, alcohol = honesty and that's probably not a good thing when you're as critical as I am, would scare the clients away no doubt
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 05:00:05 »
Sounds crazy, do they supply a chauffeur to get you home too?

I'll have to remember to never go to Asia on business, alcohol = honesty and that's probably not a good thing when you're as critical as I am, would scare the clients away no doubt
Show Image

I'm assigned a driver full time because I am not good enough to work their extremely tight city parking spaces.

Cars are the worst part, and you're never where you want to be, at home, on the computer, eating veggies.

Offline Ranger_Trivette

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 05:17:18 »
From work?

The very same.

White collar work in these countries is basically, here you have to drink 100-400ml of alcohol every other day..

Show Image

100-400ml of alcool... is like a beer!
you can do it :)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 08:27:42 »

100-400ml of alcohol .... is like a beer!

I think that he is referring to actual alcohol, so multiple liter bottles of liquor per week.
"It turns out that for a decade, whenever Trump wanted to get a loan, or make a deal, he would inflate the value of his real estate. For instance, suggesting that his 11,000-square foot penthouse was a 30,000-square foot penthouse.
And the attorney general of New York knew that Trump's property values were inflated because when it came time to pay taxes, Trump undervalued the very same properties.
It was all part of a very sophisticated real estate practice known as “lying.”
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline jamster

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 08:37:42 »
You'll be new in town so could you claim allergies or say alcohol makes you violent without being rude?

Hmm... so TP could be a politely violent drunk? Like some kind of 1800s gentleman bareknuckle boxer?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 09:29:46 »
You'll be new in town so could you claim allergies or say alcohol makes you violent without being rude?

Hmm... so TP could be a politely violent drunk? Like some kind of 1800s gentleman bareknuckle boxer?

Who did you guys imagine Tp4 would fight, LOLOL.. This is all talk stuff, nod your head like what they're saying is interesting.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 09:58:16 »

Haha!  That's not quite what I meant...

If you say you'll get violent people are less likely to insist you drink even if it's usually rude to refuse.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 17:23:33 »

The drinking is just part of the job. It's a terrible system. There is no way around it. As it turns out most adults are too shy/ timid/ and stressed without alcohol. 

Sounds like Poland :D
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Kelseer

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 19:09:11 »
From work?

The very same.

Show Image

I don't know much about China, though I won't be surprised if there are a lot of similarities, but I lived in Malaysia for 4 years. Can confirm, depending on which group you associate with, drinking can a large part of the work culture. Crazy expensive as well. A bottle of single malt cost around 80-100 USD from a restaurant or pub, maybe half that in a supermarket. But other than that, I loved those 4 years in that country.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 19:38:23 »
I don't know much about China, though I won't be surprised if there are a lot of similarities, but I lived in Malaysia for 4 years. Can confirm, depending on which group you associate with, drinking can a large part of the work culture. Crazy expensive as well. A bottle of single malt cost around 80-100 USD from a restaurant or pub, maybe half that in a supermarket. But other than that, I loved those 4 years in that country.

Yea, if you drink on your own dime it's stupid expensive, because import is considered Cool, and Paying for irrational Premium is a status symbol power move. The larger corp I represent, we can contract with restaurants and clubs, that way we'd pay in bulk and could have slight micromanagement. For example I'd wave the hostess for fake knockoff liquor on the cheap clients, or if I presume the client isn't terribly aware. They came in indistinguisable boxes, but the trick is,  I would PRETEND to check its authenticity and berate the hostess for potentially scamming us, but she's in on it, and would go to the backroom and bring back the exact same thing, but then congratulate the team on how we're sharp customers.

Offline Kelseer

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 20:21:39 »

Yea, if you drink on your own dime it's stupid expensive, because import is considered Cool, and Paying for irrational Premium is a status symbol power move. The larger corp I represent, we can contract with restaurants and clubs, that way we'd pay in bulk and could have slight micromanagement. For example I'd wave the hostess for fake knockoff liquor on the cheap clients, or if I presume the client isn't terribly aware. They came in indistinguisable boxes, but the trick is,  I would PRETEND to check its authenticity and berate the hostess for potentially scamming us, but she's in on it, and would go to the backroom and bring back the exact same thing, but then congratulate the team on how we're sharp customers.

Show Image

This. I think its the concept of face. Its fascinating. I've never seen folks more in love with status symbols like Rolex watches (Submariner, but folks loved the Daytona), cars, LV and designer stuff & expensive single malt liquor. Money = Respect. That was when I let go off material stuff like that, but still kept a few close local friends. It's culturally totally different to where I live now, in Manila.