Author Topic: Need recommendation on switches  (Read 1629 times)

Offline Ki Bored

Need recommendation on switches
« on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 11:09:29 »
I've been using MX Greens for the past couple of years and though they have been good, I've decided I want something less clicky.

I tend to have a somewhat heavy hand when typing, so looking for something at least 60 gms force. I also want a switch that's tactile, and as quiet as possible.

Just for typing, not gaming.

Any recommendations for a type of switch I should look for?  Would the Gateron Aliaz Silent Tactile Switch be good?

Thanks.

Offline Demonseed Elite

Re: Need recommendation on switches
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 11:59:09 »
How about the Durock Shrimp Silent Tactile Switches?
https://divinikey.com/products/durock-shrimp-silent-tactile-switches

67g force so they'll be a bit lighter than the Green MX's you're used to, but they're tactile and from what I understand REALLY quiet. 

I've also heard some decent things about the ZealPM Zilent V2's which come in a 78g version.   At least one reviewer I saw for silent tactiles wasn't impressed though.
https://zealpc.net/products/zilent?variant=5894832357414

I don't have any experience with either of these switches personally, but as I said, I have hears really good things about them both.

Offline TomahawkLabs

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 12:18:16 »
I've been using MX Greens for the past couple of years and though they have been good, I've decided I want something less clicky.

I tend to have a somewhat heavy hand when typing, so looking for something at least 60 gms force. I also want a switch that's tactile, and as quiet as possible.

Any recommendations for a type of switch I should look for?  Would the Gateron Aliaz Silent Tactile Switch be good?

Thanks.

A bit dated response, but I really enjoy my Zealio 67g. If you want quiet then what kind of board do you have and what kind of mods are you willing to do? From what I can tell the keyboard case/plate/foam/etc impact the sound more than the switches do. Even with clicky switches I find the majority of the noise is the keycap/switch bottoming out more than the click of the switch. Rattling stabilizers are also big noise creators.
Always looking for Alps SKCM/SKCL switches. Feel free to DM.
AMD 5600x | RTX3080 | 2x 1TB NVME + 4x 4TB HDD | B550M Pro-P | 32GB RAM | RM850x | Node 804 | Schiit Modius/Magnius + Audeze LCD-2 | Dell S3422DWG
GMMK 1 Full Size Barebones | Zealio 67g ; Apple M3501 handwired | Alps SKCM Damped Cream
SA: Camping

Offline Ki Bored

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 14:15:21 »

Thanks.

A bit dated response, but I really enjoy my Zealio 67g. If you want quiet then what kind of board do you have and what kind of mods are you willing to do? From what I can tell the keyboard case/plate/foam/etc impact the sound more than the switches do. Even with clicky switches I find the majority of the noise is the keycap/switch bottoming out more than the click of the switch. Rattling stabilizers are also big noise creators.

Thanks. My greens are on a Ducky DK9008, which I'd like to keep as is. I was looking for another keyboard for my daily driver, possibly a Keychron Q6 Pro and putting different quieter switches on it.

Offline Ki Bored

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 14:16:06 »
How about the Durock Shrimp Silent Tactile Switches?
https://divinikey.com/products/durock-shrimp-silent-tactile-switches

67g force so they'll be a bit lighter than the Green MX's you're used to, but they're tactile and from what I understand REALLY quiet. 

I've also heard some decent things about the ZealPM Zilent V2's which come in a 78g version.   At least one reviewer I saw for silent tactiles wasn't impressed though.
https://zealpc.net/products/zilent?variant=5894832357414

I don't have any experience with either of these switches personally, but as I said, I have hears really good things about them both.

Thanks so much. I will check into these.

Offline Tseg

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 14:49:30 »
I recently got Gazzew Boba U4's.  They truly are completely silent and fantastic tactility. I got mine through Ali Express as it was the only location I could find in stock, at the time, and they had a 110 pack. You can get in either 62g or 68g.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804465002709.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.5.30a918024bB1ZD&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 17 January 2024, 21:59:16 »
for silents, the haimu silent tactiles seem to be pretty good for the price. In terms of weighting you could probably spring swap to something like tx springs if you don't like the weighting offerings that haimu has.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline Ki Bored

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 18 January 2024, 09:15:35 »
I'm also looking at the Durock Shrimp silent tactiles.